Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Saint Alphonzo's Games > Mercury Ascending

 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 16th of April, 2002, 03:55
Saint Alphonzo's Avatar
Saint Alphonzo
Wraith [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Member: #57
Location: Black Spiral Dancing
Posts: 638 (0.11 per day)
Osiris' Preface (IC)

"What do you want from me?" The bank manager wimpered, still holding the snub-nosed .38 on Osiris, although his hands were shaking badly. He was behind the two-foot decorative wall that separated the associates' desk area from the main customer service area, where all the tellers conducted their business.

Osiris stood in front of the teller's windows. The bank was dark, only some emergency lighting illuminated the manager's frightened face.

Good, you should be scared.

The man was Dick Trumboldt, manager at First Mercury Savings and Loan, and he was definitely one of them. Not yet full-blown blood-sucker, though, as Osiris had tracked him all day, through the blazing sunlight of Mercury, Arizona. Definitely on his way, though. The all-too-familiar stagnancy of his Pattern gave him away.

Fate brought the two men together. Osiris drifted into town, tracking an elusive bloodsucker named Al'Mari Vek all the way from Cairo. His first night outside the heat-blasted city of Mercury, Osiris stopped at a Highway Rest Area for a vending-machine dinner and to find a quick lift into town. Two men sat in a parked car, the only other visitors. Their static Patterns proved that the infernal blood of the Vampire coursed through their veins. Quickly checking their ages using his Time Magick, Osiris determined one was over a hundred years old. The other, Trumboldt, was far younger, but was not aging at all. As Osiris watched, the older man left the car and disappeared into the forest. Trumboldt drove off.

A couple of days investigation, and Osiris had a great deal of information on Trumboldt. After weeding through numerous dead-ends, Osiris found one name, Max Hamburg, quite interesting. Apparently, Max Hamburg's cell-phone received quite a few calls from Mr. Trumbodlt, all in the late evening or early morning. Max Hamburg had no official place of residence, either. He was not a golfing buddy, as Osiris had already "interviewed" many of Trumbodlt's closest friends. None of them knew a Max Hamburg.

Osiris decided to go straight for the source. He waited outside the bank for Trumboldt to stop in with the ATM deposits. Casually, Osiris waited for Trumboldt to open the door, then walked in right after him. He planned on getting some answers.

<ooc: You've found that by using an Entropy 1, Time 1 Effect, you can determine an unchanging, unaging Pattern, a sure sign of Vampirism or Ghoul-dom>
  #2  
Unread 16th of April, 2002, 04:59
osiris's Avatar
osiris
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Member: #106
Posts: 199 (0.03 per day)
Zack fixes him with a long, cold glare. His arms hang unassumingly at his side.

After a long pause, he says in a voice just above a whisper: "Max Hamburg... that name ring a bell?"

<ooc: is there an actual wall/window between us, or just a counter?>
  #3  
Unread 16th of April, 2002, 06:32
Saint Alphonzo's Avatar
Saint Alphonzo
Wraith [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Member: #57
Location: Black Spiral Dancing
Posts: 638 (0.11 per day)
He stammers, "I don't know any Max Hamburg. Now get out of here before I shoot. This bank is crawling with security cameras, they'll show it was self-defense. I suggest you leave me alone and get out of town as quickly as possible, unless you like spending your days in prison."

Osiris is unsure of Trumboldt's answer. It does appear, however, that he has regained some composure. It could be due to hearing the name of his devlish compatriot, or simply because he thinks the cameras stack the odds in his favor.

He cocks the pistol, still a tad shaky.

<ooc: there's 20 feet and a 2-foot decorative wall with a swing gate between you and him. that's about one turn's worth of movement, as you can easilly jump over the wall. Oh yeah, the security cameras will not show anything more than your approximate build (height, weight). you have nothing to worry about concerning them.>
  #4  
Unread 16th of April, 2002, 07:06
osiris's Avatar
osiris
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Member: #106
Posts: 199 (0.03 per day)
Zack sighs, as though disappointed. "No? That's too bad."

In a sudden blur of motion, he leaps forward, dropping his center of gravity, and sprints across the room... he jerks to the left just as he reaches the counter, and vaults over it. As he lands, his hands drop to his left hip, and a swift silver arc flashes in front of him, leaving only a fading trail of reddish light. As he straightens his stance, his right hand slowly moves back to his side, though his left hand still rests on his hip.

<ooc: 1st round, split action-- Dodge any shots fired at me, and then Athletics to jump over the counter. 2nd round, split action-- quick draw sword and cut off his gun hand, then resheath the sword>
  #5  
Unread 16th of April, 2002, 09:51
Saint Alphonzo's Avatar
Saint Alphonzo
Wraith [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Member: #57
Location: Black Spiral Dancing
Posts: 638 (0.11 per day)
Before Trumboldt can react, Osiris is over the railing and at his side.

Trumboldt squeezes the trigger as Osiris' exquisite blade slices neatly through skin, muscle, and bone. As his hand drops to the white tile floor, the gun goes off, the bullet goes wide, breaking a light fixture on the opposite side of the room.

Osiris completes his manuever, sheathing the sword after giving it a quick snap to clean the blade of the Ghouls blood.

Trumboldt drops to the floor, clutching his bloody stump...

"Whatthe... whodo... pleasegodplease...DON'T KILL ME!"
  #6  
Unread 16th of April, 2002, 10:21
osiris's Avatar
osiris
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Member: #106
Posts: 199 (0.03 per day)
"Now... "

Sighing again, Zack stoops down to rest his forearms on his thighs, staring impatiently into the man's face.

"...where can I find Max Hamburg? You're going to pass out soon, so you better talk fast."

<ooc: NICE discription!>
  #7  
Unread 16th of April, 2002, 11:21
Saint Alphonzo's Avatar
Saint Alphonzo
Wraith [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Member: #57
Location: Black Spiral Dancing
Posts: 638 (0.11 per day)
Trumboldt's breath reeks of fear and blood as he chokes out, "I, I don't KNOW any Max Hamburg... HONESTLY! Please, I'll give you anything, anything you want. We can go to the vault right now, anything you want there is yours."

He begins to get to his feet, shuffling back towards the vault.

<ooc: thanks! truth be told, i'm kinda happy with that little scene myself>
  #8  
Unread 16th of April, 2002, 12:00
osiris's Avatar
osiris
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Member: #106
Posts: 199 (0.03 per day)
"...don't know who I'm talking about?" He sadly shakes his head as he stands. "Well, I guess you aren't any good to me... looks like I'm gonna have to kill you."

For a brief moment, he closes his eyes and bows his head. "Namo Amida Buddha."

He looks back up at Trumboldt, hands settling again at his left hip.

<ooc: Manip + Intimidation, hopefully bolstered by the situation>
  #9  
Unread 17th of April, 2002, 00:00
Saint Alphonzo's Avatar
Saint Alphonzo
Wraith [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Member: #57
Location: Black Spiral Dancing
Posts: 638 (0.11 per day)
He snivels pitifully again, repeating over and over his declaration that he doesn't know any Max Hamburg, he's never known a Max Hamburg. He continues to move backwards toward the vault, professing that Osiris can have all he wants.

<ooc: he's extremely intimidated at this point, and although Osisris isn't trained very well at measuring human emotions, he appears to be telling the truth.>
  #10  
Unread 17th of April, 2002, 01:48
osiris's Avatar
osiris
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Member: #106
Posts: 199 (0.03 per day)
Zack frowns. His voice raises a bit, betraying his dwindling patience. "I don't want your @#$damn money. I want to know who you're working for. Whose mother#$%&ing blood you've been drinking."

He stands for a moment, glaring at Trumboldt, waiting for some sign that the ghoul knows what he's talking about.

I better get out of here before somebody calls in that gunshot

"Give me your cell phone. NOW!"
  #11  
Unread 17th of April, 2002, 03:10
Saint Alphonzo's Avatar
Saint Alphonzo
Wraith [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Member: #57
Location: Black Spiral Dancing
Posts: 638 (0.11 per day)
"Blood, eh, so that's what this is about?" Trumboldt sighs, his demeanor changing instantly. His eyes clear as the fear fades from his voice. He clutches his mutilated stump to his chest, and the flow of blood lessens to a trickle. Trumboldt reaches into the pocket of his khaki trousers, removing a cellular phone.

"Here, take it," and he throws the phone at Osiris' feet.
  #12  
Unread 17th of April, 2002, 07:47
osiris's Avatar
osiris
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Member: #106
Posts: 199 (0.03 per day)
Zack's eyes narrow, his attention focused sharply on Trumboldt. "Yes, blood. The blood of your master. Where is he? If you tell me now, you can walk away. If not, you die here... and I'll find him anyway."
  #13  
Unread 17th of April, 2002, 10:35
Saint Alphonzo's Avatar
Saint Alphonzo
Wraith [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Member: #57
Location: Black Spiral Dancing
Posts: 638 (0.11 per day)
Trumboldt takes one step backwards.

"My master... heh... funny way to put it. We have a... mutually beneficial relationship, you might say. I simply provide sound financial advice and other... options for investment."

He takes another step backwards.

"He gives me power I never knew existed. You could have that power, too."

Another step.

"On second thought, you're not worthy, too headstrong, too presumptious. So make your call, and, if you know what's best, get the Hell away from me..."
  #14  
Unread 17th of April, 2002, 11:41
osiris's Avatar
osiris
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Member: #106
Posts: 199 (0.03 per day)
Zack gazes at him for a long moment, staring him down, testing his spirit and resolve.

"Die knowing Osiris has judged you unworthy."

At that he dashes forward, the blade sliding gracefully into a broad slash at the man's chest.

<ooc: close and attack>
  #15  
Unread 18th of April, 2002, 00:37
Saint Alphonzo's Avatar
Saint Alphonzo
Wraith [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Member: #57
Location: Black Spiral Dancing
Posts: 638 (0.11 per day)
Trumboldt dashes backwards as he depresses a small button on a box he produces from his pocket. The vault door swings wide, and he ducks to the left. Osiris hears the familiar "click" of a bullet entering the chamber of an automatic weapon. A followup "snap" makes him aware that the safety of the weapon has been turned off.

Round One:

Trumboldt 5 (moves supernaturally fast into the vault, arms himself)
Osiris 3 (???)

<ooc: you're closer to the vault than a full move would require, so any actions you take will only be reduced one die for the movement.>
  #16  
Unread 18th of April, 2002, 01:12
osiris's Avatar
osiris
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Member: #106
Posts: 199 (0.03 per day)
Damnit, why do they always have to make it difficult? Okay, fine. He lives... for now.

"Tell your master that I'm coming for him. And for you."

Keeping his head low, he swings around, resheathing his sword in one smooth motion, and scoops up the phone. He darts for the front of the bank and out the door, moving swiftly but inconspicuously for the nearest, darkest alleyway.
  #17  
Unread 18th of April, 2002, 02:27
Saint Alphonzo's Avatar
Saint Alphonzo
Wraith [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Member: #57
Location: Black Spiral Dancing
Posts: 638 (0.11 per day)
Osiris reaches the front doors and hears a loud "click" as an electronic locking mechanism activates, sealing the front doors tightly. He pushes the bar for the door, to no avail.

"Ah ah ah..."

Trumboldt drops the remote to the floor, and a red-dot of laser-sight light makes its way across the front wall towards Osiris.

Spinning around, Osiris sees Trumboldt steady the silenced MAC-10 with the sealed stump of his right hand. The red beam dances across the room unsteadily.

"Now, I have some questions for you..."

Init
Trumboldt 5 (sealed the exits, prattling on)
Osiris 3 (??)

<ooc:
Drop this text at http://www.irony.com/java/mmee
[color=sky blue]|[/color]*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
*s -1 70 k rs 0 0 -6c k 70 k *s -1 74 4w rs 0 0 -6g -3s -6g 4w
@74 4w 74 -3s 6g -3s *s a 6g 14 rs 0 *s a 75 14 rs 0 *s -1 4g 3c
@rs 0 0 4g -28 4g 3c -3s 3c *s -3 3q 6z rs 0 *s -3 3v 72 rs 0
@two foot wall *s -3 9h 3x rs 0 *s -3 63 m rs 0 front doors *s
@-3 a7 2a rs 0 *s j e3 84 rs 0 *s 2 dq 82 rs 0 *s 0 6r 1q rs 0 *s
@-1 1k 38 rs 0 0 1k -24 1k 38 -w 38 *s -3 ac 3r rs 0 open office
@area *s -3 b0 58 rs 0 *s -3 1a 3p rs 0 tellers *s -3 5m 50 rs 0
@ *s -3 51 40 rs 0 open area *s -3 a0 4z rs 0
*END[color=sky blue]|[/color]

you are one full move away from him. the open office area has 6 normal office-type desks. the teller area is pretty inaccessable.

EDIT: i shouldn't have made it sound like the open office area is inaccessable. you can jump the two-foot wall and manuever through the desks with ease.>

Last edited by Saint Alphonzo; 18th of April, 2002 at 04:37.
  #18  
Unread 18th of April, 2002, 05:46
osiris's Avatar
osiris
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Member: #106
Posts: 199 (0.03 per day)
<ooc: oh, well, I guess if I READ THE INSTRUCTIONS, I might have a little more luck getting it to work...>

A slight smile crosses Zack's lips.

"Oh, really?"

Without warning, he springs to the right, dashing over the wall and crouching among the desks. As he reaches the desks, he skids to a stop. Pausing a moment, left hand resting on the hilt of his sword, he focuses his will on the gun...

"Playing with guns, Dead Man? Guns are dangerous... they misfire all the time... hope you don't get hurt..."

<ooc: Round 1: Athletics and Dodge as necessary, taking cover among the desks. Round 2: Corr2 + Ent2 to try and affect the probability of a misfire or backfire>
  #19  
Unread 18th of April, 2002, 10:37
Saint Alphonzo's Avatar
Saint Alphonzo
Wraith [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Member: #57
Location: Black Spiral Dancing
Posts: 638 (0.11 per day)
Three bullets stream past Osiris as he leaps over the decorative wall and rolls under a heavy cherry desk. He hears Trumboldt's expensive shoes rap against the tile floor.

"Come on out, young one."

Trumboldt fires three more times, a bullet passes through the back of the desk above Osiris' ear.

Gripping the intricate hilt of his katana, Osiris focuses on cursing the weapon of his opponent. As he finishes the ancient mantra, Trumboldt pulls the trigger, the round in the chamber jams, and the clip falls to the floor with a load clatter.


<ooc:
Drop this text at http://www.irony.com/java/mmee
*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
*s -1 70 k rs 0 0 -6c k 70 k *s -1 74 4w rs 0 0 -6g -3s -6g 4w
@74 4w 74 -3s 6g -3s *s a 6g 14 rs 0 *s a 75 14 rs 0 *s -1 4g 3c
@rs 0 0 4g -28 4g 3c -3s 3c *s -3 3q 6z rs 0 *s -3 3v 72 rs 0
@two foot wall *s -3 9h 3x rs 0 *s -3 63 m rs 0 front doors *s
@-3 a7 2a rs 0 *s j e3 84 rs 0 *s 2 ai 7u rs 0 *s -1 1k 38 rs 0
@0 1k -24 1k 38 -w 38 *s -3 ac 3r rs 0 open office area *s -3 b0
@58 rs 0 *s -3 1a 3p rs 0 tellers *s -3 5m 50 rs 0 *s -3 51 40
@rs 0 open area *s -3 a0 4z rs 0 *s -1 5c 2s rs 0 0 4g 24 4g 2s
@5c 2s 5c 24 *s 0 ak 49 rs 0 *s -1 5c 2g rs 0 0 4g 2g 5c 2g *s -1
@6g 2s rs 0 0 5k 24 5k 2s 6g 2s 6g 24 5k 24
*END

4 successes on two dice! btw, you don't need Correspondence when you're this close and so very aware of your opponents whereabouts. oh yeah, that's a point of Paradox for you.>
  #20  
Unread 18th of April, 2002, 11:53
osiris's Avatar
osiris
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Member: #106
Posts: 199 (0.03 per day)
<ooc: whoa... >

Well, that worked better than I expected...

Pausing only a moment to marvel at his luck, Zack darts forward, dodging between the intervening desks, and stops just a few feet in front of Trumboldt. His hands sink to the sword, his left thumb pushing it an inch out of the saya while the fingers of his right rest gently on the grip.

"That was fun. So I'm gonna give you one more chance to tell me where your master is, before I gut you like a fish."
  #21  
Unread 19th of April, 2002, 02:19
Saint Alphonzo's Avatar
Saint Alphonzo
Wraith [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Member: #57
Location: Black Spiral Dancing
Posts: 638 (0.11 per day)
Trumboldt drops his useless piece of scrap to the floor and raises his arms up.

"His name, or at least the name I know him by, is James Rook. As I said, we are business partners, but I know very little about him. He owns several establishments in town and in Phoenix. Mostly cafes and restaurants. He has some slightly illegal shipping businesses that operate across the border. What more do you want?"
  #22  
Unread 19th of April, 2002, 04:00
osiris's Avatar
osiris
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Member: #106
Posts: 199 (0.03 per day)
"Nothing more."

Zack pauses for a long moment, looking deep into the man's eyes. His face drains of emotion, his breath slows.

"Open the door, please."
  #23  
Unread 22nd of April, 2002, 03:42
Saint Alphonzo's Avatar
Saint Alphonzo
Wraith [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Member: #57
Location: Black Spiral Dancing
Posts: 638 (0.11 per day)
Trumboldt moves backwards towards the remote he dropped earlier. His eyes stay on Osiris', his arms stay outstretched, he remains silent.

He bends down, picks up the remote, and the main double-doors of the bank unlock with a loud "click".
  #24  
Unread 22nd of April, 2002, 23:55
osiris's Avatar
osiris
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Member: #106
Posts: 199 (0.03 per day)
Zack watches the man closely as he backs out the door.

I know I'm going to regret this but...

"I hope we don't have to meet again, Trumboldt. I suggest you stay away from Rook, or Hamburg, or whatever he calls himself, or I'll have to come looking for you."

With that, he turns and darts into a nearby alleyway.

Well, I guess I'm going out on the town.

Shaking his head to clear the weariness that sets in as his adrenaline rush subsides, he head into town, looking for any establishments open at this hour.

<ooc: EDIT-- I re-read the old posts, and realized that I want to be in Mercury for now, not Phoenix>

Last edited by osiris; 23rd of April, 2002 at 04:22.
  #25  
Unread 23rd of April, 2002, 04:59
Saint Alphonzo's Avatar
Saint Alphonzo
Wraith [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Member: #57
Location: Black Spiral Dancing
Posts: 638 (0.11 per day)
<ooc: glad you caught that, i was sweating moving you out of town, only to send you back in later.>

Osiris, on his second wind, mulls over the information spinning through his head.

He decides to spend the night carousing the local scene, searching for any leads to the whereabouts of one blood-sucking James Rook.

Looking over the pamphlet he picked up at the Rest Area, Osiris chooses the downtown district for his first destination. It holds the highest concentration of restaurants and cafe's.
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 05:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren