Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Saint Alphonzo's Games > Mercury Ascending

Unread 6th of November, 2003, 16:57
Kahluah
Dingo of War [GM]

Member: #5
stealthbanana: I know ya asked this to SA, but I thought I might give my opinion aswell.

Best books to get would be the Tradition Book of whatever character you are planning on playing. As I have, at one stage, owned nearly every revised Tradbook that has come out (save for the Verbena one, which is my next target), I can say that they are an immense help to anyone playing that particular Tradition.

Aside from that, nothing really stands out to mind as a really good players resource, except for the Guide to the Traditions, but even that isn't exceptional in my not-so-humble opinion. Most of the books out there are ST material, and don't have as much crunch-for-your-buck for the players.
Unread 7th of November, 2003, 11:20
stealthbanana
Spectre

Member: #386
I notice that the core book has a decided lack of antagonists. I like the Umbrood spirits and the 'Mr. Smith' style technocrats, and I would like to use them both. Is there any book that has a little bit of both?

Thanks Kaluah!
Unread 8th of November, 2003, 01:03
Kahluah
Dingo of War [GM]

Member: #5
Spirits are detailed in the Storytellers Companion, Spirit Ways (not that good a book from many accounts), and I believe that Infinite Tapestry has something about the High Umbra in it too.

As for the Mr Smith technocrat (a.k.a. Men in Black), Guite to the Technocracy is a good one. However, depending on the tones you use for the game, they may not fit as the Ascension War has now cooled back down into a Cold War (as it should always have been, in my not so humble opinion).
Unread 9th of January, 2004, 11:02
Saint Alphonzo
Wraith [GM]

Member: #57
good-bye, old OoC thread. you have served me well.