Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Saint Alphonzo's Games > Mercury Ascending

Unread 18th of January, 2004, 06:47
Saint Alphonzo
Wraith [GM]

Member: #57
Kahluah's Character Creation Thread (OoC)

got your prelim sheet and background info. incidentally, i've changed my 'gaming' email to Saint.Alphonzo@online-roleplaying.com , for future reference.

background looks good, love the concept. a few questions/things to flesh out:

how long in AZ? what has he been up to since moving?

Chantry membership, would that be a Chantry in Mercury, or back in Chicago? if Mercury, would that be Lost Lightning, or somewhere else?

details on the Sanctum...

Merits/Flaws?

some of the other things will be addressed in a more broad 'all players read this' type thread.

like i said, looks good.
Unread 18th of January, 2004, 07:02
Kahluah
Dingo of War [GM]

Member: #5
> how long in AZ? what has he been up to since moving?

He's probably been in Mercury a month or two at most - enough time to get himself established in the area. I figure he's gotten himself a job somewhere like a theatre as a sound guy (sets up the speakers for optimal performance, etc) or something similarly flexible in the industry. He's also been setting up his own laboratory (a.k.a his Sanctum).

> Chantry membership, would that be a Chantry in Mercury, or back in Chicago? if Mercury, would that be Lost Lightning, or somewhere else?

I'd guess he'd have membership with the chantry in Chicago (the Trans-scientific Institute, or TSI), and this would lend a helping hand to establishing himself at the Lost Lightning chantry (as I understand it, the LL chantry is predominantly an Etherite one - feel free to correct me on that if I'm wrong).

> details on the Sanctum...

Standard basement laboratory, probably 12' by 8 ' (as per the Sancum size rules in the Guide to the Traditions). If you like, I can still be setting it up to accept his paradigm and it can come into full effect at a time determined by you. I figure he'd have a small place of his own (with aid from his chantry/mentor back in Chicago), so the Sanctum can reside in the basement, with the front door locked at all times.

> Merits/Flaws?

None fit the character, and I don't have access to my Son of Ether tradition book, so, I don't know the ones from that book.
Unread 30th of January, 2004, 11:37
Saint Alphonzo
Wraith [GM]

Member: #57
LL is predominantly Hermetic, but the Etherite's are only slightly fewer in number. The Etherite's have more non-Awakened Acolytes, by far.
Unread 30th of January, 2004, 15:58
Kahluah
Dingo of War [GM]

Member: #5
*nods* As said, Cole's membership stands with the TSI in Chicago, and is using that to at least get a leg in the door with the main Etherite chantry in Mercury, whether it be Lost Lightning or another chantry.