Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Saint Alphonzo's Games > Mercury Ascending

 
Thread Tools
  #351  
Unread 25th of July, 2003, 03:41
osiris's Avatar
osiris
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Member: #106
Posts: 199 (0.03 per day)
Zack rests in his chair for a while. His eyes close, his breathing becomes slow and easy. He focuses on clearing his mind, on pushing away every conscious thought of self vs. environment. He rises and stands quietly in the center of the room for a moment before beginning a gradual series of stretches, then settling into a slow kata. The controlled movements, looking something like a slow-motion sequence from a martial arts movie, send the blade of his sword into lazy arcs and dips, then sliding smoothing back into its scabbard. He settles back to stillness, pauses for several breaths, then explodes into sudden motion, silver crescents blossoming around him for several minutes.

Finally finished, he turns to Solomon as the other mage offers his headset. Zack examines the device, glances doubtfully at Sol, then tries to put it on (obviously not getting it right). "What does it do?"
  #352  
Unread 26th of July, 2003, 03:25
curmudgeon42
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #35
Location: Conn, USA
Posts: 242 (0.04 per day)
"Well...errr. You'll get an output. It gives different indicators of the strength of your opponent. Also, it attempts to analyze body temperature, muscle movement, brain waves, and nerve activity to decide the action that your opponent is most likely to take. You will see a ghost image moving slighly ahead of your opponent. This indicates what he is about to do and should give you a slight advantage."
  #353  
Unread 26th of July, 2003, 03:30
Kahluah's Avatar
Kahluah
Dingo of War [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #5
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 1,715 (0.28 per day)
"Are these supposed to be foci? Because, if so, it's gonna be hard for me and Oz here to use them. I'm not a techno-mage or anything.."
__________________
"You cannot prepare yourself for squirrels." - Martin Jol.
  #354  
Unread 26th of July, 2003, 03:34
curmudgeon42
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #35
Location: Conn, USA
Posts: 242 (0.04 per day)
"No. They should just work. Look, why don't you two put em on and spar real quick? That way you'll understand."

[OOC: I don't really know how powerful Solomon was able to make these things. That is why I'm being vague. Perhaps St. Alph could describe you guys sparring so we can pin down what they will do for us?]
  #355  
Unread 31st of July, 2003, 22:47
Saint Alphonzo's Avatar
Saint Alphonzo
Wraith [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Member: #57
Location: Black Spiral Dancing
Posts: 638 (0.11 per day)
Placing the headgear on, both Osiris and Dan can't help but feel like they just walked out of some Babylon 5 episode. Sol issues a small smirk, as the pair look more than a bit out of place wearing them.

Normal vision is not hampered in any way, but each wearer notices a purple tinge to their environment. Over each Awakened being is a deeper purple aura, the strength of which directly correlates to the amount of Quintessence in his/her Pattern.
  #356  
Unread 31st of July, 2003, 23:07
Kahluah's Avatar
Kahluah
Dingo of War [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #5
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 1,715 (0.28 per day)
"Well, looks like I won't have to ditch these after all. My foci tends to be a lot different to what you're used to, but these are a touch more than that, by the looks of it."

He shrugs and walks past Sol into the hallway, feeling rather odd with the bulky head-set on. This feeling is compounded as possibly one of the apprentices walks past in the hall. Danyal turns his head to Maxine. "Well, I s'pose we're as ready as we'll ever be. Lead the way, o Mistress." He grins coyly, trying to lighten Max's mood if possible.
__________________
"You cannot prepare yourself for squirrels." - Martin Jol.
  #357  
Unread 1st of August, 2003, 02:30
curmudgeon42
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #35
Location: Conn, USA
Posts: 242 (0.04 per day)
"Yeah, let's get this over with."

Solomon follows Dan into the hallway, trying to calm his nerves...
  #358  
Unread 2nd of August, 2003, 05:49
osiris's Avatar
osiris
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Member: #106
Posts: 199 (0.03 per day)
"I am ready."
  #359  
Unread 14th of August, 2003, 22:38
Saint Alphonzo's Avatar
Saint Alphonzo
Wraith [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Member: #57
Location: Black Spiral Dancing
Posts: 638 (0.11 per day)
The trio of newly outfitted Mages are led, by Maxine, out of the private office back down the posh hallway. With the head sets on, the entire hall pulses with a Pattern of Quintessence, especially the intricately woven Persian carpet they stand on.

"Hope you guys don't mind crowds. What with the party tonight and the festivities later, we have quite a few guests, many want to see the Certamen. Once it starts, though, I doubt you'll notice them all," Maxine states.

Once they reach a long, open, curved stairwaiy leading down to the main hall, the din of many conversations can be heard. Interestingly enough, the very words of some of these conversations reek of Magickal energy.

Standing at the foot of the stairs, looking up with murderous contempt, is Forsythe, changed now, out of his gaudy red and blue, into a sharp black suit. He twirls a thin silver inkpen in one hand, the rapid movement sending arcs of Quintessence, making it look as if a Magickal vortex emanates from his hand.

"Well, well, lambs to the slau-"

Forsythe is cut off as Waters clears his throat audibly, stepping to one side of the haughty man.
  #360  
Unread 18th of August, 2003, 16:20
Kahluah's Avatar
Kahluah
Dingo of War [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #5
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 1,715 (0.28 per day)
Danyal looks at Forsythe, dressed in an impecable suit, and grins widely, still feeling the music and adrenalin course through his pattern. "Better to be lambs to the slaughter than mutton left to the pasture, right Forsythe?"
__________________
"You cannot prepare yourself for squirrels." - Martin Jol.
  #361  
Unread 20th of August, 2003, 22:44
Saint Alphonzo's Avatar
Saint Alphonzo
Wraith [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Member: #57
Location: Black Spiral Dancing
Posts: 638 (0.11 per day)
"Gentlemen," Waters sighs, "let's please save it for the circle, shall we?"

With that, the four combatants are led through the dwindling crowd in the Great Hall. All around them, the small groups of partygoers begin quietly staring and whispering amongst themselves. Everyone left is surrounded by a spark of Quintessence, suggesting an Awakened individual.

Led off to one side of the Hall, Osiris, Solomon, Danyal, and Forsythe enter a set of fascinatingly carved oaken double doors. Incomprehensibly, the room is even larger than the Great Hall, and resembles a Roman colosseum, albeit a small one. From the entrance, they begin descending the amphitheater-like steps, to their left and right rows of seats spread around the room in a circle.

As they reach the floor, four glowing circles of light appear in the smooth surface of the arena. To their left, a single disc, and to the right, three, in no discernable pattern.

As of now, the stadium is empty of spectators, but a single point of glowing orange light can be seen from within a viewing balcony overhead. The balcony is shrouded in darkness, but the intermittant glow from within resembles a cigar being smoked.
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 20:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren