Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Public Commonness > Character Acquisition

Unread 15th of June, 2004, 09:17
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Member: #682
Conan RPG: The Throne of Blood

"Know, O Prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars - Nemedia, Ophir, Brythunia,Hyperborea, Zamora with its dark-haired women and towers of spider-haunted mystery, Zingara with its chivalry, Koth that bordered the pastoral lands of Shem, Stygia with its shadow-guarded tombs, Hyrkania whose riders wore steel and silk and gold. But the proudest kingdom of the world was Aquilonia, reigning supreme in the dreaming west. Hither came Conan the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the earth under his sandled feet."
- The Nemedian Chronicles

Welcome to the world of Conan! This will be a online OGL Conan RPG using the Conan RPG system by Mongoose Publishing.

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/conan/

I'm looking for four to six players. Characters will be 1st-2nd lvl and use the Conan RPG rules and setting as the basis for this RPG. Some additional d20 material maybe used in conjunction by the GM.

The Throne of Blood is an adventure loosely based on some of the events in the Conan story "The Hall of the Dead" and the party will begin in Shadizar The Wicked.

The party will do some meeting and investigation in Shadizar and learn about the ruined Larsha "The Accursed" city in which the ruins hold the Halls of the Dead and the untold riches including the Throne of Blood which their benefactor desires to be reclaimed.

This adventure will mix elements of the city, the wilderness and ruins/crypts and such so a variety of skill sets and abilities will be useful to the party.

"Welcome to Shadizar the wicked..."

Lando The Archmagi
landothearchmage@comcast.net
Unread 15th of June, 2004, 22:12
Chronaltap
Ghoul

Member: #525
HOT D@MN!!!! SWEET!!! I am SO in on this game if you've still got spots open. I just got the book a couple days ago and have been looking forward to being able to try it out.
Unread 16th of June, 2004, 03:15
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Conan

“ Originally Posted by Chronaltap HOT D@MN!!!! SWEET!!! I am SO in on this game if you've still got spots open. I just got the book a couple days ago and have been looking forward to being able to try it out. ”
Welcome! It's a very fun and cool game. I'm waiting for the folks from the Mongoose forum to show up as they voted for a message board game rather than play it real time like via OpenRPG due to their busy schedules and lives.

I got room for six players, so I'm taking concepts/submissions via email primarily. I'll be checking it after work and getting back to folks.

landothearchmage@comcast.net
Unread 16th of June, 2004, 07:24
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

Member: #787
great, i'm in!

ok ill send you the complete character consept but i'm thinking of a hyperborian mercenary soldier 2nd lvl
Unread 16th of June, 2004, 09:05
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Party forming!

“ Originally Posted by Belkregos ok ill send you the complete character consept but i'm thinking of a hyperborian mercenary soldier 2nd lvl ”
Great I got 2 player concepts and one complete pc so far. That makes at least 3 players, got 3 more openings, so first come, first served if you're serious.

I hope to start next week (got to request the game forum and setup, as this is just a recruiting thread).

Crom!
Lando
Unread 16th of June, 2004, 10:07
Kaizoku
Skeleton

Member: #614
Well, I'd happily join (I love Conan - in a ver heterosexual way) but i don't have the book. So i'll say this, if your desperate for a player, and have time to explain the basic rules i could probably jury-rig my way through.

Edit: erm, lol checked out the site, and it's d20 OGL so i do know the rules lol so i might actually be able to play, is the book required to play?

Last edited by Kaizoku; 16th of June, 2004 at 10:11.
Unread 16th of June, 2004, 10:16
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

“ Originally Posted by Kaizoku have time to explain the basic rules i could probably jury-rig my way through.

Edit: erm, lol checked out the site, and it's d20 OGL so i do know the rules lol so i might actually be able to play, is the book required to play?
”
I'm not desperate yet for anyone, I only want folks who will actually play and enjoy Conan. It's OGL D&D with a lot of Conan specific stuff, the book would be very useful to have, but I can help craft you a pc, I'd recommend examining the Mongoose board and the Conan forums specifically and the downloads and see what you think.

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/conan/

Also the Conan d20 Yahoo group is very good with lots of info and free stuff.

Lando The Archmagi
Unread 16th of June, 2004, 10:39
Kaizoku
Skeleton

Member: #614
Ok so now i'm a maybe, any particular morale alignment we should shoot for while making concepts?
Unread 16th of June, 2004, 11:13
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Alignments

“ Originally Posted by Kaizoku Ok so now i'm a maybe, any particular morale alignment we should shoot for while making concepts? ”
No evil alignments.
Unread 16th of June, 2004, 16:54
ajsuson
Ghoul

Member: #617
Is that okay for me that I can join along with you?
Unread 16th of June, 2004, 20:11
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Party

“ Originally Posted by ajsuson Is that okay for me that I can join along with you? ”
Very likely you might be able too, still got a few openings left. Are you one of the players from the Mongoose board or someone new?

Do you have the Conan rulebook and knowledge of the differences between Conan OGL and D&D?

Lando
Unread 16th of June, 2004, 21:56
Arkobla Conn
Skeleton

Member: #786
Lando,

As discussed on the Mongoose thread and in PM, I'm playing and working on my character. Just wanted to post that confirmation here.

Arkobla Conn
Unread 16th of June, 2004, 22:43
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Party Forming

“ Originally Posted by Arkobla Conn As discussed on the Mongoose thread and in PM, I'm playing and working on my character. Just wanted to post that confirmation here. ”
Good, that makes this lineup so far. I've had several inquire on the boards, but these are the ones who sent concepts or emails. If anyone isn't committed to play let me know and I'll drop you from this list.

Party Thus far:
Galter (pc name): Mercenary Soldier - tentative (got pc waiting on response to email)
Belkregos: Mercenary Soldier - concept/pc submission, looks good.
Player Emailed me: Nomad - concept
Arkobla Conn: Thief - concept
Judge Walker: Scholar - concept
6th slot - Open!
Unread 17th of June, 2004, 00:32
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

great!

the party is taking shape!
Unread 17th of June, 2004, 09:56
ajsuson
Ghoul

“ Originally Posted by Lando The Archmagi Very likely you might be able too, still got a few openings left. Are you one of the players from the Mongoose board or someone new?

Do you have the Conan rulebook and knowledge of the differences between Conan OGL and D&D?

Lando
”
Well, doesn't have conan but have D20 SRD. Also, yeah. I'm new in this game yet.
Unread 17th of June, 2004, 10:16
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

“ Originally Posted by ajsuson Well, doesn't have conan but have D20 SRD. Also, yeah. I'm new in this game yet. ”
Well, it uses some SRD, but its got a lot of specific stuff for Conan and all the races/classes are different, combat is much more lethal, magic not so powerful or easy to obtain and certainly no standard magic items and such.

Have you examined any of the free downloads and referenced the Conan forum or the Yahoo group? I'd suggest looking at it a bit before you step into the game, its not hard to learn (pretty much d20 with just new stuff), but its different enough that its not a straight merge.

I don't mind taking you as the 6th slot if you're serious, as no one else has offered to take it, but I do know at least 1 other person was interested from the Mongoose forum thread I started this on. I'm still waiting on pcs from most of the other five I mentioned, so if someone doesn't get me a pc by this weekend or drops out, you're welcome to take their place.

I could just help you make a pc and you can standby as a backup player too if you want or feel free to lurk in the game (maybe play an npc or something too).

I'm pretty flexible, since I've not run a message board game in a long while, I'm used to running live games like on OpenRPG.

Lando The Archmagi
Unread 18th of June, 2004, 10:44
ajsuson
Ghoul

... That's okay, you can tell me if I'm nor longer join or still join.
Unread 18th of June, 2004, 11:17
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Conan

“ Originally Posted by ajsuson ... That's okay, you can tell me if I'm nor longer join or still join. ”
You can play if you want. Will need a character concept and such to work with though since you're new.

I've put you down as a potential player and definitely a lurker for my game.

Lando
Unread 19th of June, 2004, 02:00
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Current Party

Current party:

Wisp - submitted pc, approved
Arkobla Conn - submitted concept and partial pc.
Belkregos - submitted pc, approved
Judge Walker - you playing still?
5th- open
6th- open

Lando
Unread 19th of June, 2004, 09:46
Harith
Vampire Spawn

Member: #799
Sent you my Nomad by email.

- Stefan
Unread 19th of June, 2004, 10:47
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

Party

Current party:

Wisp - submitted pc, approved
Arkobla Conn - submitted concept and partial pc.
Belkregos - submitted pc, approved
Judge Walker - working on pc.
5th- Harith - submitted pc, reviewing.
6th- Jason Durell, working on pc.

Looks like I got a full party.
Unread 22nd of June, 2004, 03:55
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

We will teach Shadizar the wicked how to throw a party!

So how does this work, do we just log on to the game and post messages, or do we need some software?
Unread 22nd of June, 2004, 08:51
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

“ Originally Posted by Belkregos We will teach Shadizar the wicked how to throw a party!

So how does this work, do we just log on to the game and post messages, or do we need some software?
”
Once my game forum is setup, it'll all be clear. It'll be a play by post type game and we'll use the dice roller they got here or might use OpenRPG to do some combat scenes, will have to see. Been awhile since I did a play by post game like this so I'm going to play it by ear. I expect everyone who signed up to play regularly at least 1 weekly post if not more otherwise I'll drop you like a bad transmission. I plan to do updates at least every couple of days ,but definitely once a week like a standard live game for sure.

I've gotten three and a half pcs with 2 more still waiting (Jason and Judge). Got their concepts, but no stats or anything yet.

I hope to start this week.
Unread 22nd of June, 2004, 17:36
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

Unread 22nd of June, 2004, 17:37
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

By the great chieftain BORI!!
the adventure has started!!