Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Wired*Nun's Games > Their Words Are Soft And Kind.

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 12th of March, 2009, 11:16
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.67 per day)
Heldrik

Things seem to have quieted down since Nightmare was finally taken brought to peace. I would have loved to have been there for the negotiations between the powers, but I guess assisting Fiona was more than enough of an education for me.

Heldrik flicks the razor one more time and glances at himself in the mirror for any remaining stubble. Looking back are the even constant green eyes with their golden flecks and the black hair that has framed his face since before he could remember.

Its about time for me to make another pilgrimage to the True City. Nobody has sent any messages for at least a month Amber time. After all the planning, plotting, positioning and power playing involved with all that, let alone all the old bloods coming out of the woodworks, things seem to have gotten a little boring.

Walking to the closet he finds one of the many sets of clothing that he likes and puts it on. Fastening his belt, sword, and cloak where they belong he finds a good set of boots that are well warn in. After pulling those on he walks into the living quarters of their residence here in the Castle of Ember to find Gray.

“Shall we break our fast most dear?”

With a nod she smiles up at him with her almost ever changing expression one of happiness. It has been a good thing to spend some down time with her and here.

After a pleasant breakfast Heldrik gives Gray a long tender kiss in goodbye and is off to the gates of Castle Amber, just outside the warded area, via his handy Pattern Teleporting ability. Takes just as much umph it seems, just a much shorter period of time than actually riding there. Certainly my ass feels better!

Last edited by Thanos; 17th of March, 2009 at 09:11. Reason: Giving how he's going. Last Paragraph updated.
  #2  
Unread 18th of March, 2009, 02:16
Wired*Nun's Avatar
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #830
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia
Posts: 8,526 (1.64 per day)
Heldrik arrives and enters the gates without difficulty, once he identifies himself. The guard lieutenant flips through a book of photographs and drawings. It appears that photography has begun in Amber, but is not yet common. He finds Heldrik and passes him through without escort.

He feels the wards investigating him, however. While no sorcerer, there is certainly something that is gathering and transmitting information, around the entryway.

Doormen open the double doors set within the main portals, which are only opened for ceremonial occasions. Inside, he must decide where to go, or whom to seek out.
  #3  
Unread 18th of March, 2009, 08:24
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.67 per day)
Interesting that those are being opened. Perhaps the ceremony is more security than pomp and circumstance. Regardless finding Flora or Fiona should be my first order of business. I suppose I do not need to check in with the Captain as my presence has already been recorded. I wonder if the wards force changelings into their natural forms....so they can be checked. Something to ask about...

Walking forward through the double doors Heldrik remains observant. Finding one of the household servants on an errand he asks if he knows where he might be able to find Flora or Fiona, the later being his preference.

Once he has the information he will thank the servant and head in that direction trying to report in, as it were.
  #4  
Unread 18th of March, 2009, 08:52
Wired*Nun's Avatar
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #830
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia
Posts: 8,526 (1.64 per day)
Heldrik is directed to Flora's office, since the servant believes Fiona to be not staying at the palace at the moment. The man is apologetic for his ignorance, however, pleading that he is only a stenographer on Lord Roth's legal staff.

It's shortly after noon, and he is shown into Flora's office with a minimum of wait. It appears she has expanded it somewhat, and added an antechamber with a staff of three to run interference for her. All are exceptionally decorative young men, though he suspects that they are also far from incompetent at whatever their professional tasks are.

Inside, Flora is dressed comfortably in jeans and a satiny tunic, with long gold chains drawing the eye to her cleavage. She looks up as he is let in, a paper in one hand, twisting her tresses with the other. He suspects it's a pose, effective nonetheless.

"Heldrik, how lovely to see you again," she purrs. "You haven't been here in a little while...what brings you to the fair city?"
  #5  
Unread 18th of March, 2009, 10:09
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.67 per day)
What is it with some women…always having to use men’s natural instincts against them…

Tearing his eyes away from Flora’s cleavage Heldrik opens his mouth for a moment, then closes it and takes a seat.

“My apologies for taking up even a fraction of your time Aunt, but I was just checking in on how things were going after the big episodes lately. Doing it in person seemed a much better option than using those cards. One just never knows who or what is listening in…although I am happy to report no more assassination attempts in the Ember neck of the woods.”

Pausing just for a moment Heldrik smiles and leans forward ever so slightly, “I am sure that you have everything well in hand…”

Should I really leave this so wide open...the next thing you know I could have wine all over me again.
  #6  
Unread 18th of March, 2009, 10:16
Wired*Nun's Avatar
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #830
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia
Posts: 8,526 (1.64 per day)
"I would if you'd let me, Heldrik dear, but I really don't want to be fending off your wife's claws. So just tell me how ravishing I look, and how regretful you are of your circumstances, and I'll pretend to believe you, and that will be that."

"But really...are you getting bored playing house with wifey? I'm sure the Crown could dig up something for someone of your talents to do..."
  #7  
Unread 20th of March, 2009, 09:25
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.67 per day)
"Why Aunt Flora, you look stunning, as usual," says Heldrik with sincere honesty!
However, a somewhat more muted exuberance can be heard as he says, "I must have certainly been mistaken when I removed myself from any possible" entanglement "entertainment by getting married."

Mentally shaking his head for even bother to play even one move in this sordid game Heldrik smiles and says, "I just wanted to check in, perhaps have dinner with the family here, become acquainted with any new members of the family that might have spouted from Shadow in the last several months. The usual things one does when visiting ones ancestral home after building a life somewhere else."
  #8  
Unread 21st of March, 2009, 07:11
Wired*Nun's Avatar
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #830
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia
Posts: 8,526 (1.64 per day)
"Of course." Floora looks properly mollified, and grins impishly from under briefly beetled brows. "Oh, you're no fun at all. All right, I'll spare you." Her demeanor turns serious, like a summer stormcloud bursting.

"Actually I do have something I want you to look into...it's for the Crown, but it's also something I would be personally grateful to you for doing." She licks her lips, drums her fingers on her desk. If he didn't know better, he might think she looked worried.

"I'd like you to look Landon up. I've gotten a funny feeling about him lately." She stops, as if reluctant to go on...then does, after a moment. "Something's not right. I can't be more specific than that."

Last edited by Wired*Nun; 21st of March, 2009 at 07:49.
  #9  
Unread 21st of March, 2009, 07:26
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.67 per day)
Heldrik raises an eyebrow, the left, and leans forward a little bit. "Interesting."

I will assume that she has tried his trump and worked through the normal series of location methods. And her nephew/son is missing. I could see her being worried if his Trump were no longer cold.

His smile slips to a more flat expression, "In an effort to narrow down the possibilities Could you answer a few questions? Does his trump still get cold? Do we know who might have seen him last, for it has been some Ember time since he was last there? Any projects or plans that he said he was going to work on?"

Heldrik does seem to be empathizing with a 'mother' who is worried about her son, but is also thinking about his own brother-in-law and cousin. Certainly Landon has proven he can take care of himself, but he does seem to find the worst kinds of trouble...like he had a curse of some kind...perhaps some kind of leftover from the Corwin-Eric rivalry?
  #10  
Unread 21st of March, 2009, 08:00
Wired*Nun's Avatar
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #830
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia
Posts: 8,526 (1.64 per day)
"It's cold, but I can't reach him. I usually take a look for him every day or two...this last time I couldn't see anything. He could be far away, he could be in a different time flow, he could be stuck inside a blue crystal cave again. It's not been long enough to really be concerned, and he's capable, but...since you're here, and asking..."

Any projects or plans that he said he was going to work on?"
"He's been in his shadow Rome for quite a while, living an easy life with his wife and son, well away from Amber, near to Corwin's place. That's the last I know. I haven't Trumped Corwin yet. I'd rather you did it, really. Do you have one of him?"

Last edited by Wired*Nun; 22nd of March, 2009 at 01:48.
  #11  
Unread 21st of March, 2009, 08:13
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.67 per day)
"Certainly. I do believe that all of my living Aunts and Uncles, in good standing, were part of the package you gave me shortly after I was a confirmed grandchild of Oberon."

What a bloody embarrassing event that was. I am just glad nobody pressed any charges for that guy that got cut in half on accident.

Heldrik stands and says, "I will get back to you then Princess. Was there anything else?"

If there is nothing else Heldrik will head to his rooms and try trumping Corwin. If there is he will listen intently while trying not to be distracted by the most famously beautiful women in all of Amber.
  #12  
Unread 22nd of March, 2009, 02:00
Wired*Nun's Avatar
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #830
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia
Posts: 8,526 (1.64 per day)
"Not right now. Do keep in touch." She gives a little finger-wave as he leaves.

Heldrik finds his room just as he left it. He shuffles out Corwin's Trump and soon it grows cold in his hand.

"Who?" comes the question, as the contact forms. It stays dark for the nonce.
  #13  
Unread 22nd of March, 2009, 13:10
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.67 per day)
A hero, a legend, a villain to some. A new Dworkin for a small section of the universe as we know it. Father, brother, guardian...he has responsibility now.

"Your nephew Heldrik, son of Finndo."

Does he remember my father...does anyone save Benedict and great-grandfather?

Should Corwin open the link and continue the conversation, "How be things with you Uncle?"
  #14  
Unread 26th of March, 2009, 07:27
Wired*Nun's Avatar
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #830
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia
Posts: 8,526 (1.64 per day)
There comes a pause, as if for thought. "Fair to middling," comes the eventual reply. While he is unfamiliar with the Earth idiom, he catches its meaning.

The contact opens, then, to reveal a darkened room, and the light of an oil lantern casting flickering shadows on the wall. It appears Heldrik woke Corwin from sleep.

"What is it that brings you calling?" he asks.

Last edited by Wired*Nun; 26th of March, 2009 at 13:06.
  #15  
Unread 26th of March, 2009, 10:56
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.67 per day)
One of the two of us has some bad luck, but he does not seem to be upset at me.

"My apologies for the time, but to your point. I am looking for Landon, who is not answering his Trump, which has gotten Flora somewhat perturbed. As I have not seen him in Ember since the assassination attempt I was also concerned about my brother-in-law's welfare. Uncle, would you happen to know if Landon is in his shadow or perhaps off doing something where he would not be taking calls?"

I hate to contemplate the issues that would arise if something were to ever happen to him. Both are female and both have fangs and claws, just of different kinds....
  #16  
Unread 26th of March, 2009, 13:17
Wired*Nun's Avatar
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #830
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia
Posts: 8,526 (1.64 per day)
"Hunnh." Corwin grunts. "I saw him yesterday. He was all right then. He may be in a place that's hard to reach...he went with Arthur, and an acquaintance of his named Alamor, to explore a phenomenon that is plaguing me. I do have a Trump of Alamor...come through if you like. I should not leave where I am."
  #17  
Unread 27th of March, 2009, 01:35
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.67 per day)
"Thank you", says Heldrik extending his and and coming through.

Heldrik looks around his new surroundings and uses his other senses as well.

It has been a long time since I have seen Alamor

"I did not know that Alamor was still amongst the living, erm, unliving. Anything I can do for you and this plague of yours while I look for Landon?"

Last edited by Thanos; 28th of March, 2009 at 05:08.
  #18  
Unread 31st of March, 2009, 06:36
Wired*Nun's Avatar
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #830
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia
Posts: 8,526 (1.64 per day)
Heldrik finds himself in a modest bedroom, a wooden-walled farmhouse. Its windows are open to gentle night breezes, carrying scents of flowers and faint sounds of insects.

"Have a seat." Corwin waves Heldrik at a chair, sitting back down on his bed. He picks up the oil lamp to light a cigarrette. He doesn't offer the pack unless Heldrik indicates he wants one.

"You thought the man truly dead? Why?" He ignores the offer of help, for now.

Last edited by Wired*Nun; 1st of April, 2009 at 03:33.
  #19  
Unread 1st of April, 2009, 01:41
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.67 per day)
"The last I heard he was in a war with the Hendrakes in their home shadow. The Hendrakes retreated, in good order it would appear as they took the Keep. I saw him previously there when we 'the younger generation' helped to free Jasra. I haven't seen him since which led me to think he might not be around anymore, or at best laying low to keep himself from being assassinated by the Hendrakes, if they would do such a thing."

Heldrik takes a seat and continues,

"Other than speculation I had no real evidence either way Uncle."

Teach me to make idle speculations in front of my elders!

Last edited by Wired*Nun; 1st of April, 2009 at 03:33.
  #20  
Unread 1st of April, 2009, 03:44
Wired*Nun's Avatar
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #830
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia
Posts: 8,526 (1.64 per day)
Corwin takes a long, speculative look at Heldrik. "I haven't seen you either, since. Did you think I was dead?" He takes a drag off the cigarrette. "Just keep your eyes and ears open as you do what my sister asks...you just never know what you might learn."

Pause.

"I think you should start looking near Chaos. I can almost guarantee you he's a lot closer to there than to here."
  #21  
Unread 1st of April, 2009, 04:37
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.67 per day)
"As you instruct, for your sister seems often to have something else going on behind the scenes. To be completely honest I am going about this for my somewhat own selfish reason, involving Flora. It seems that she and I have had something unfriendly between us. I was hoping that a small favor would blot out that blemish. Perhaps then I could keep myself from having wine spilled all over me the next time I am required at a formal engagement with some of the family."

Not ignoring his offer of looking near Chaos, Heldrik wonders if Corwin is no longer willing to let him use the trump of Alamor.

"You mentioned that you had a trump of Alamor? May I borrow it briefly?"
  #22  
Unread 1st of April, 2009, 04:45
Wired*Nun's Avatar
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #830
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia
Posts: 8,526 (1.64 per day)
"Good thing you're functionally immortal. You're likely to be working off whatever offense she thinks you made, for the rest of your life. Or hers, whichever comes first."

"You mentioned that you had a trump of Alamor? May I borrow it briefly?"
"How briefly? I'm not inclined to let it out of my sight, actually." He reaches for a case on the bedside table, shuffling out a card. He tosses it at Heldrik. "But you can use it here if you want."
  #23  
Unread 1st of April, 2009, 08:46
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.67 per day)
"I fear that what you say is true. As this is the first and only such 'favor' that she has seen fit to offer me I figured I would test her on this. In that it would help keep my home life less tense for my wife to know her brother is well...that is just an added bonus."

Keldrik catches the card glancing at it for only a moment before saying,

"Of course, I guard the few trumps that I have carefully as well. Nothing I have to say to him is of any special importance other than to discover Landon's well being."

If Corwin does not hinder him he will try and reach out to Alamor using the trump Corwin is letting him borrow.

Ring, Ring, anybody home?
  #24  
Unread 2nd of April, 2009, 08:13
Wired*Nun's Avatar
Wired*Nun
Author of Sci-Fi Thrillers [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #830
Location: Woodbridge, Virginia
Posts: 8,526 (1.64 per day)
There is a coldening of the card, but it seems too distant to reach him right now...rather as Flora described with Landon.

[Actually Heldrik does not have Corwin's trump listed in his list, we will assume Flora gave him one. Please make a new Trump List post with an updated list, so you can keep it current yourself.]

Corwin stands up, taking the two steps over to put a fingertip on the card. Heldrik feels him pushing, helping - but it doesn't matter. It seems too far, or possibly resisted by something in between.

"Hmm. Try Landon."

That has no better success.

Corwin takes Alamor's Trump back, looking at it for a moment. He then hands it back to Heldrik.

"Take this...I can get anoher at need. It may be nothing, but maybe you can get closer to them, closer to Chaos, and try again. I can't do it myself..." He punches a fist gently into his other hand. "I can only go so far from here without undue risk." He laughs, ironically.

"Just call me Cworkin."
  #25  
Unread 2nd of April, 2009, 08:56
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.67 per day)
Heldrik mumbles thanks for the extra umphh when it happens, but is disappointed none-the-less.

"I envy thee not, Uncle, for the responsibility that comes with such power. Certainly the responsibilities that I have as the Princess' consort in Ember is more than enough for me to bear."

After Corwin has replied or not, Heldrik will put the card into his case and say, "Is there a place outside where I can concentrate for a while and head out? I would rather let you get back to sleep. Should I give the card of Alamor to Landon to return to you?"

Heldrik will stand and leave should Cworkin indicate there is somewhere else he could be.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 10:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren