Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > The Alcotroll's Games > The Lost Homelands

Reply
Thread Tools
  #101  
Unread 8th of August, 2008, 13:44
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.83 per day)
"We should take her to a healer." Balar suggests, while continuing his attempts to elicit a response from the girl.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Unread 8th of August, 2008, 22:04
Nicodemis Finch's Avatar
Nicodemis Finch
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2928
Location: Illinois
Posts: 176 (0.04 per day)
Malchi crosses the room towards Balar and the girl. "By the gods, Balar! Did you lose a puppy-dog as a child? If it were not for Darriel's magic I would still be spilling my blood on the floor thanks to her and her friends! You are not her rescuer, you are her interrogator. She is not a lost child, she is a drug addict and a killer. Look at poor Morrisey over there. He experienced the extent of her mercy and compassion."

Malachi stops and composes himself. "I am sorry for raising my voice, Balar, but being stabbed tends to put me on edge. We will talk of drug addiction another time. We have a job to do. Please watch the door before we are ambushed again by this 'Red Hand Gang.'"

Malachi pulls Lionel aside and speaks to him privately. "What can you do with this 'thought detection spell?'"
__________________
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. ~Raoul Duke, "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Unread 9th of August, 2008, 00:39
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.83 per day)
Balar looks back and forth from Malachi to the girl, seemingly even more confused as he wonders just what fight his ally had been in. He moves in front of the girl protectively and says in a harsh voice.

"Were we in the same fight together? She's not of fit mind. That much is clear. But she didn't hurt anyone, and didn't seem to be trying very hard to either. It was the one who had a knife to his throat that killed Morrisey. And do need I to remind you that your were the one who provoked this fight in the first place with your threats and all that 'My friend's an evil barbarian' bullsh-t?"

As he continues, his voice gets slowly but progressively louder. "It's not her fault you couldn't avoid injury in combat with even such inept foes, and if you think I'm going to let you take out your frustration on an innocent girl... you're mad."
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/

Last edited by Shoelip; 9th of August, 2008 at 00:47.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Unread 9th of August, 2008, 03:13
Scythe's Avatar
Scythe
Bodak

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2925
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 895 (0.23 per day)
Lionel grins while he ignores Balar's complaints about the girl.

"Simple, I can analyze her mind in a way to almost literally read her thoughts, though the amount of concentration it requires me to have doesn't leave me with a lot of room to talk. It would be much easier to have you ask her what we need to know, and it might trigger her mind, either way."
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Unread 9th of August, 2008, 03:38
Nicodemis Finch's Avatar
Nicodemis Finch
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2928
Location: Illinois
Posts: 176 (0.04 per day)
Malachi looks at the barbarian in stunned silence for a moment. His reply, when it finally comes, is cold. “If you choose to champion the side of this fair maiden, so be it. You are a great fool of a barbarian and I am through coddling you. You are unfit for this job, that much is obvious. Do with her as you will.”

With a wave of his hand Malachi returns to his private conversation with Lionel. Taking every necessary precaution to avoid Balar’s hearing, he whispers to Lionel, “Nevermind the spell. I have had enough of Balar’s incompetence. We cannot continue to fight him at every turn. Hopefully Morrisey’s death and our inability to properly question the girl is just a minor set-back. We have other leads and muscle is cheap, I say we cast Balar aside and continue on. We can explain the situation to Kargen at our next opportunity. What say you?”

[OOC: T.A., when I say "Taking every necessary precaution to avoid Balar’s hearing," that includes leaving the room or apartment if necessary. Lastly, if we still have Darriel in the party, I'll pull him in as well.]
__________________
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. ~Raoul Duke, "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Unread 9th of August, 2008, 04:18
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.83 per day)
Balar glowers at the elf, trying desperately to keep his rage in check at the continued unjust, and unfounded insults. If they were at his home this fool would have gotten his head twisted off about a minute ago.

"Who put you in charge spike ears? We all agreed to finish this job and get the reward, I see no reason why I should go back on my word. Maybe you have no honor, but I do, and I'm not going to abandon it just because you don't like me. It's easy to make claims and call them the truth. Maybe you're unfit for this job."
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Unread 9th of August, 2008, 05:33
Nicodemis Finch's Avatar
Nicodemis Finch
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2928
Location: Illinois
Posts: 176 (0.04 per day)
Malachi sighs. "Alright, Balar. I will make the attempt.... That girl is just as much to blame for Morrisey's death as the rest of these scum," Malachi gestures to the dead men lying on the floor," because she came here with these men to kill him. Now he is dead. Should she be held blameless because she is drugged to the point of ineptitude? If she was not, who knows what could have happened. We could all be dead. Instead just Morrisey is dead."

"None of that even matters. What matters is that we needed information from Morrisey, Balar. Now all we have is her. She may have information we can use, but you are standing in the way. I have no intention of killing her. If she dies it will be by her own hand, not mine. If she answers my questions honestly, you can set her free."

"As for your honor and mine...." Malachi spits on the floor. "'Honor' is just a word. Actions are all that count. I am not walking away from the job I said I would do, I am walking away from you unless you start placing your trust and loyalty with your partners where it belongs instead of drug-addled murderesses. I suspect the others may be with me." Malachi looks at Lionel for reassurance.

"One thing is for certain, this is the last time I will explain myself to you and ask for your trust. Are you with us or not?"
__________________
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. ~Raoul Duke, "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Unread 9th of August, 2008, 06:28
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.83 per day)
Balar continues scowling at the condescending elf. He honestly had not expected this. Malachi had seemed alright since he'd met him, right up until now. And suddenly he was delivering an ultimatum to him to agree that he was correct, or leave. He'd very much like to pull his pointy little ears until he cried for mercy, but he needed this reward. Even though the elf was obviously in the wrong, he wasn't sure Lionel would disagree with him. After all, the those two were both city types. From what he'd seen, neither were particularly honorable. So long as they didn't try to harm the girl he could swallow his pride for at least a while and let them think they were right.

It's apparent to all that Balar is still simmering but he doesn't say anything in response to Malachi and instead looks at Lionel expectantly.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Unread 11th of August, 2008, 22:26
Nicodemis Finch's Avatar
Nicodemis Finch
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2928
Location: Illinois
Posts: 176 (0.04 per day)
Malachi stares at everyone in turn for a few minutes. "I can see you are not convinced, Balar." The elf shrugs, "Perhaps I was too hasty. My sincere apologies." Malachi makes a short bow to Balar. "Please forgive my behavior. Perhaps their blades were treated with some sort of alchemy. I don't know what came over me. In any event, you have convinced me that you are in the right on this." Malachi looks to Lionel and Balar. "What shall we do next? Should we just let her go or do you want to take her to some sort of healer?"
__________________
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. ~Raoul Duke, "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Unread 12th of August, 2008, 04:45
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.83 per day)
Balar looks like he's about to protest again even before Malachi finishes. Perhaps it takes him just a moment to realize that the elf is agreeing with him. He opens his mouth to speak, but all that comes out is stunned silence. After a second or two he manages to form some sounds. "Uh... Wha- Wait. You agree with me?" He asks hesitantly, then adds with a little more confidence, and the beginnings of a smile "Uh, of course. Well..." He now seems a bit concerened as Malachi had mentioned the possibility of poisoned blades. "I think we ought to take both of you to a healer right away then. I mean, if you think they may have poisonned you..." He glances at the girl. "It could have been what they did to her, though... I still don't quite understand this Gaze thing." Looking over the corpses the Barbarian is struck by a sudden idea. "Hey, you know, where I come from our healers can speak with the dead..."
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Unread 12th of August, 2008, 08:05
The Alcotroll's Avatar
The Alcotroll
Stout Yeoman [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Member: #512
Location: Inside your OODA loop.
Posts: 2,147 (0.39 per day)
Drawn into the room at last by raised voices and angry conflict, Darriel now clears his throat diplomatically.

"We have made rather a mess here..." he ventures, "It can't be long before the City Watch arrive. Are we going to hang around and explain things to them, or just leg it?"
He looks down at the fallen gangers and the dead fence, wrinkling his nose in disgust. "I wonder what they wanted with the poor bastard anyway?"
__________________
"Is French kissing not kissing with tongues? And is French cricket not cricket with tongues?"
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Unread 12th of August, 2008, 08:21
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.83 per day)
Balar raises his left eyebrow at his quiet companion. "Aren't we working for the city watch?"
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Unread 12th of August, 2008, 12:35
Scythe's Avatar
Scythe
Bodak

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2925
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 895 (0.23 per day)
Lionel has remained quite silent during this whole argument, not wanting to take sides or anything, and surely not wanting to suffer the wrath of this angry man from the north; his display of strength against these men and women was enough to convince him that, either way, better be on his good side, or find a ruse around his yet too simple mentality.

"Are you guys done here by any chance, standing in the middle of corpses doesn't really satisfy my palette."


Not that he necessarily approved or anything, he would have just charmed the barbarian, scanned the mind of the girl, and be done with her and this whole situation. The lead they were after was sitting in that chair over there, and Lionel was pretty sure he wouldn't answer any of his questions.

"Do with the girl what you wish, she is too battered to be even remotely pleasurable for me. Wouldn't want to catch an unwanted disease now would I?"

He took a stern look upon Balar though, he had something to say, and it must be said now, before we move on. He takes a deep breath, keeping his emotions of anger and annoyance aside.

"I will only say this once Balar, and please take deep care to my words; there are some things in our world that may seem different from your home. I am sure many elements from Aterium confuse you. However, it is primordial that you understand; a lot of people in this city hide dark secrets behind their nice visage. Do you understand? This woman may seem to you innocent, and from your point of view, even a victim maybe. Perhaps you are right, perhaps you are wrong, only her mind knows, and since you seem to be against any form of questioning, even painless, then we have to start our search all over again, having no where to look."

"I do not want to hear a word from you Balar on this matter again, I am pretty sure Malachi agrees with me. Let's just be done here and move on, there are other places we make look to find what we are looking for."


Lionel takes another deep breath, and makes a quick smile towards Darriel

"Yes, let's move before the watch finds us."

And before leaving, and takes a quick look to Balar again, not speaking too loud

"We are not working for the City Watch Balar, did you pay any attention to our meeting instead of thinking of the whores of Aterium? A crime we commit is a crime none the less, and murder is one of them. Your hands are covered with the blood of these people, and the men from this city can throw your ass in jail for the rest of your life if they wanted too. Unless you want to face the thousand perils of a world you do not yet fully understand, I urge us to leave immediately, and from a different route that we have taken."

"Let us find a quite palce to discuss of our next move, shall we?"


Not wanting to hear form Balar, Malachi, or even Darriel, he start to leave, taking notice of the place they were. wouldn't want to come out and walk into the patrol.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Unread 13th of August, 2008, 03:32
Nicodemis Finch's Avatar
Nicodemis Finch
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2928
Location: Illinois
Posts: 176 (0.04 per day)
"Hold, Lionel! Let us not be too hasty." Malachi gathers everyone in the adjoining room where they can all keep an eye on the girl but speak in a low voice so she can't hear. "We have a few moments still and I think much of our disagreement with Balar is based on misunderstanding. Although he speaks the common language, his people are very different from ours and suffer from the inability to express oneself that plagues all tribal peoples."

Looking at Balar, "Let us speak plainly to one another. She is a drug addict -- a person who uses alchemy on themselves to change the way they feel. In most cases they succeed in feeling good but at a great cost. The drugs damage their minds and bodies and they are changed in a way that prevents abandoning the practice. They often [Edit: resort] to thievery and murder to support their addiction. I suspect that is why she is here.

My intentions vis-a-vis the girl were to question her. The longer she went without her drug of choice, the more painful it would become for her to be without it. In turn she would become more willing to answer my questions and be free of her bonds. As I said, the only harm that would have been inflicted on her was the harm she inflicts on herself.

Lionel and Darriel are correct. We have no time for that. What we do for our employer we do in secret. Those were our explicit instructions. We cannot risk an encounter with the Watch with all these bodies lying around.

I am going to question her briefly and I would like Lionel to use a spell to quickly read her mind. I need you and Darriel to watch the street in case we need to make an escape."

[OOC: What time of day is it?]
__________________
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. ~Raoul Duke, "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"

Last edited by Nicodemis Finch; 13th of August, 2008 at 23:22.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Unread 13th of August, 2008, 03:53
Scythe's Avatar
Scythe
Bodak

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2925
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 895 (0.23 per day)
Lionel sighs, this whole mess just exhausted him completely.

"Alright, but let's hurry up... I don't want to be here when the Watch comes investigating..."

Once the girl is conscious, awake, and when Malachi starts questioning the girl, he will cast Detect Thoughts on her, staying at a safe distance.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Unread 13th of August, 2008, 06:07
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.83 per day)
Balar takes a deep breath, repressing the urge to lash out at the others for percieved insults is not something he's familiar with. He had spent much time in his childhood accidentally angering those around him with his careless tongue, and though he'd eventually managed to figure things out, he was now in a completely alien environment with people who expected completely different things. "Fine... Question her, but... please be careful. We should still take her to a healer afterwards. They could help her and then we could talk to her properly." It seemed that the healers of his land were somewhat more advanced than the ones of this one. If he'd been home it would have been a simple matter of taking Morrisey's corpse, or just his head to one and then they could have questioned it at their leisure, with most likely much better results than this sick girl. He shakes his head, and goes to wipe his sword clean then stand near the door, watchful for the watch.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/

Last edited by Shoelip; 13th of August, 2008 at 06:09.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Unread 14th of August, 2008, 03:08
Nicodemis Finch's Avatar
Nicodemis Finch
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2928
Location: Illinois
Posts: 176 (0.04 per day)
Malachi walks to where the girl is seated and takes a good look at her. He snaps his fingers in front of the girl’s face a few times in an attempt to rose her out of her gaze-inflicted stupor. “You are going to need gaze again soon, so I suggest you cooperate. I am going to ask you a few questions and, if you answer truthfully, you will be untied. If you do not, we will wait until your need for gaze leaves you no choice. If you wait too long, you could die. Do you understand me?

Let us start with the basics. Who are you and why did you come here?”

[OOC: I'm waiting for a post from Alcotroll. I want to know what I'm dealing with. Last NPC I spoke to was dead.
EDIT: In the interest of saving time I posted the start of my questioning. Diplomacy Check: 21 http://online-roleplaying.com/forums...&postcount=327]
__________________
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. ~Raoul Duke, "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"

Last edited by Nicodemis Finch; 19th of August, 2008 at 21:09.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Unread 23rd of August, 2008, 07:34
The Alcotroll's Avatar
The Alcotroll
Stout Yeoman [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Member: #512
Location: Inside your OODA loop.
Posts: 2,147 (0.39 per day)
The girl blinks stupidly for a few seconds, and her sluggish gaze slides around the room, perhaps attempting to assess through the narcotic haze her likely chances of escape.

"M'Jinxie..." she mumbles after a while. "M'n a ganger, right?" she adds, with something approaching pride, "Redhand gang... proper mean... proper..." her eyes slide to the sprawled corpses of her two companions and she pales, looking like one about to vomit.
"Fuckin' hell..." she whispers. "You's proper fucked now!"
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Unread 23rd of August, 2008, 07:41
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.83 per day)
Balar glances back worriedly at the girl for a moment. He considers reminding Malachi that they should take her to a healer, and definitely not let her go in her current condition, but then considers how angry it seems to make him whenever he opens his mouth, and decides against it for now. It seems like she's too confused to be of any help to them anyway, which means they'll have to take her to a healer to learn anything useful. He sighs, shaking his head, and goes back to watching for watchmen.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Unread 25th of August, 2008, 00:44
Nicodemis Finch's Avatar
Nicodemis Finch
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2928
Location: Illinois
Posts: 176 (0.04 per day)
"Be that as it may, Jinxie, you are tied to a chair and your gaze will wear off eventually and then it is you who will be 'fucked.'" Gesturing to Morrisey's body, "Why did you and your gang come here? Why did you kill him?"
__________________
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. ~Raoul Duke, "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"
Reply With Quote
  #121  
Unread 25th of August, 2008, 00:51
Scythe's Avatar
Scythe
Bodak

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2925
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 895 (0.23 per day)
While Malachi questions the girl, not desiring to take any chance whatsoever, he will utter a few words and move his hands slightly, then his mind would be connected to hers.

((Casting Detect Thoughts...))
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Unread 25th of August, 2008, 01:09
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.83 per day)
Balar continues to glance back at the girl worriedly from time to time. He doesn't like it, but he just has to trust that Malachi is bluffing, and that he won't actually let her die.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Unread 26th of August, 2008, 07:02
The Alcotroll's Avatar
The Alcotroll
Stout Yeoman [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Member: #512
Location: Inside your OODA loop.
Posts: 2,147 (0.39 per day)
By now, the captive ganger is beginning to show signs of fear through the drug-addled haze. To Malachi's question, she tried to shrug beneath her bonds. "Dunno..." she mutters miserably. "Was gonna teach 'im a lesson or summat..." Her eyes stray to the fallen man with the ill-kempt beard and she retches for a moment before turning away. "Boss knew... boss always knew... was just along fer kicks, geddit?"

[scythe, wait out on your detect thoughts while I think about what you should find. Did you roll for it?]
__________________
"Is French kissing not kissing with tongues? And is French cricket not cricket with tongues?"
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Unread 26th of August, 2008, 11:03
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.83 per day)
Balar again looks back at the sound of retching and can't help but speak up again. "What's wrong?" He asks curtly to no one in particular, though if the others didn't know better they might have assumed he was taunting her for her weak stomach.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/

Last edited by Shoelip; 26th of August, 2008 at 11:08.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Unread 26th of August, 2008, 21:26
Nicodemis Finch's Avatar
Nicodemis Finch
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member: #2928
Location: Illinois
Posts: 176 (0.04 per day)
Seeing an opening, Malachi decides to press his advantage, ignoring the Balar for the moment. "Do not lie to me Jinxie or you will end up just like him." he says pointing to the corpse formerly known as Stubble Beard. "Was he your Boss? Why did Morrisey need to be taught a lesson? I need to know everything and you are running out of time. Do not play it too close. You cannot stay tied to that chair much longer."
__________________
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. ~Raoul Duke, "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 07:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren