Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Public Commonness > Adventurer's Escapades > Tournaments

View Poll Results: Cheer or Boo each contestant
Cheer Del 6 100.00%
Boo Del 0 0%
Cheer Coravel 3 50.00%
Boo Coravel 3 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 31st of January, 2007, 13:09
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.16 per day)
Gladiator Tournament II - Pig Tail 1: Coravel vs. Del

These poor sods didn't have much of a performance in the Grand Melee

Oh, come one, be nice. Del tried his damnedest, it was just that Coravel seemed to be using sovergien glue to hold on to that rapier of his and Coravel couldn't get close enough to Del but once to do anything about it.

Well, then, they're going to get a chance to redeem themselves as they've drawn each other for this pig tail match.

Coravel and Del introduce yourselves to the crowd.

Coravel:
Crowd Attitude: 0.5


Del:
Crowd Attitude: 0.5
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Del v Coravel.JPG (210.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DvCLL.JPG (126.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DvCLR.JPG (126.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg DvCUL.JPG (122.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DvCUR.JPG (128.9 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Black Plauge; 31st of January, 2007 at 13:13.
  #2  
Unread 1st of February, 2007, 01:47
Tashalar's Avatar
Tashalar
Ghastly Thread Necromancer [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Member: #1799
Location: Castle Korvosa
Posts: 5,971 (1.33 per day)
Coravel looks around calmly at first and then suddenly tenses. Performing his usual greeting of the crowd, he erupts into a flurry of cartwheels, a rapier suddenly appearing in his hand. After a few seconds of tumbling he steps back and straightens, looking down at a large "U" scratched into the sand.

[Move to Q25, R25, R26, Q26 (scratching the U in the sand there) and then to P26 while tumbling at normal speed to impress the crowd (mod +28) and performing a weapon drill at the same time as a standard action (mod +27). Draw non-magical rapier on the move.

Intent: Separate checks this time, not like in the grand melee when I was a bit unclear in the wording.]
  #3  
Unread 1st of February, 2007, 05:59
Lord Twig's Avatar
Lord Twig
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1477
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 1,481 (0.31 per day)
Del appears in the arena and is not terribly happy with his placement. He moves away from the Bulette and around toward Fu, calling for his faithful companion as he goes.

Just before he reaches a platform, Del starts to spin his bow around like a baton, he finishes by pulling an arrow in a flash and fires it so that it sticks into the edge of the wall that Coravel is standing next to.


Move to G9, Preform Weapon Drill with his bow. Command Fu to Come as a free action.

Fu moves to H9.
  #4  
Unread 1st of February, 2007, 12:29
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.16 per day)
Note: Given Coravel's purchase of alcohol for the crowd, I'm rulling that he gets a +2 circumstance bonus to all checks to impress the crowd for the duration of the match.

Initiative Order:
Coravel: 32
Warforged Titan 2: 14
Del: 13
Gorgon: 7
Warforged Titan 1: 7
Fu: 6
Bulette: 3

Coravel moves, tumbling to impress. 31+2 (circumstance bonus)=33 vs. DC 40. Fails. Crowd is not impressed.
Croavel makes a Perform (weapon drill) check. 30+2 (circumstance bonus)=32 vs. DC 35. Fails. Crowd is not impressed.

Warforged Titan 2 takes no action.

Del moves.
Del makes a Perform (weapon drill) check. 26 vs. DC 35. Fails. Crowd is not impressed. ďAttackĒ of the weapon drill 30 vs. AC 2 hits. Arrow does not go astray.
Del commands Fu to come.

Gorgon is restrained.

Warforged Titan 2 takes no action.

Fu moves.

Bulette is restrained.

Del:
Crowd Attitude: 0.5
HP: 122
Spells: -/3/3/3/2

Fu:
HP: 67


Coravel:
Crowd Attitude: 0.5
HP: 125


Yawn! Boring!

Well, so much for the opportunity to impress the crowd. While those displays might have cut it in some of the novice matches, the crowd expects more of these professionals.

Even half sloshed by Coravel's generously given ale the crowd just can't seem to get into his act.

Well, you know, alcohol is a sedative, perhaps the ale is putting them to sleep?

Coravel has 24 hours to post his round 2 action.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DvC.JPG (210.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DvCLL.JPG (129.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DvCLR.JPG (126.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DvCUL.JPG (123.3 KB, 0 views)
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #5  
Unread 2nd of February, 2007, 00:25
Tashalar's Avatar
Tashalar
Ghastly Thread Necromancer [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Member: #1799
Location: Castle Korvosa
Posts: 5,971 (1.33 per day)
Coravel eyes the Gorgon with disgust. Why did they have to chose one of those beasts...

Shaking his head, he does a flip onto the crate next to him and motions to Del to come over and fight him. Nimbly skipping from crate to crate he puts some distance between himself and the nuisances (ie: the chained monsters).

[Step to P27 and do a flip onto the crate to impress the crowd (jump +29 (includes +2 circumstance)), then move to M32]

[I chose red as Coravel's color]

[Edit: Dodge target is and will stay Del unless I change it.]

Last edited by Tashalar; 2nd of February, 2007 at 01:42.
  #6  
Unread 2nd of February, 2007, 06:24
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.16 per day)
Coravel moves, jumping to get onto a crate and impress as he does so. Jump 41 vs. DC 40 to get onto platform. Success. Jump 43 (same roll, +2 circumstance bonus) vs. DC 40 to impress crowd. Success. Crowd attitude towards Coravel improves 1 step.

Warforged Titan 2 steps.

Del:
Crowd Attitude: 0.5
HP: 122
Spells: -/3/3/3/2

Fu:
HP: 67


Coravel:
Crowd Attitude: 1.5
+2 circumstance bonus to checks to impress the crowd
Dodge: Del
HP: 125


Del has 24 hours to post his round 2 action.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DvC.JPG (210.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DvCLR.JPG (126.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DvCUL.JPG (121.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DvCUR.JPG (130.9 KB, 0 views)
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #7  
Unread 2nd of February, 2007, 07:13
Lord Twig's Avatar
Lord Twig
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1477
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 1,481 (0.31 per day)
Del sees Coravel motion for him, but notes that he leaves it to Del to fight his way through the monsters. Looking around Del realizes that the easiest path is probably back through the bulette he just moved away from. Hoping to make it easy on himself he moves back to get a clear shot at the creature.

"I'll be with you in just a minute!" Del shouts as he lets his first arrow fly.

Move to D8 and shoot an arrow at the bulette. +25 attack, 1d8+1d6+6 non-lethal damage

Fu should still be following Del, otherwise he will order him to Come as a free action.
  #8  
Unread 2nd of February, 2007, 08:01
Tashalar's Avatar
Tashalar
Ghastly Thread Necromancer [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Member: #1799
Location: Castle Korvosa
Posts: 5,971 (1.33 per day)
When Del shouts back at him, Coravel just points at his left ear and shakes his head slightly. Does he think his voice can drown that of the crowd?

I'll get into a good position to watch his progress... and the crowd will love it.

Smiling to himself in a self-confident manner, Coravel hops onto the wall next to him and then onto the hedge next to it. Finding branches to support his weight, he then stands on one foot and points his rapier in Del's direction, and suddenly goes into a short series of feints, pokes and slashes with it - then back to pointing in his direction.

[Hop onto the wall M31 (jump mod +27, balance mod +26) then onto the hedge next to it L30 (jump mod +27, balance mod +26), then balancing to impress the crowd (balance mod +28 total) and peform weapon drill to impress the crowd (+29 total) as the standard action]

[Thought I could continue as nothing decisive will happen (if I'm guessing correctly - I thought I'd post something very simple, but it ended up being a lot more complex... sorry. ]
  #9  
Unread 3rd of February, 2007, 15:49
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.16 per day)
Del moves and attacks the Bulette. 44 vs. AC 22. Hits. Deals 17 non-lethal damage.

Gorgon steps and unleashes its breath weapon catching the Bulette, Del, & Fu. Fort Bulette 23, Del 25, Fu 27 vs. DC 19. All succeed. None are turned to stone.

Warforged Titan 1 takes no action.

Fu moves.

Bulette burrows, gaining cover.

Coravel moves, jumping onto a wall, and then onto a hedge. Jump 41 vs. DC 40. Success. Balance 35 vs. DC 15. Success. Jump 33 vs. DC 40. Fails. Coravel falls next to the hedge. Reflex 20 vs. DC 15. Success. Coravel manages to land on his feet by grabbing at the hedge. Crowd attitude towards Coravel worsens 1 step (dramatic failure in an attempt to impress).
Coravel makes a Perform (weapon drill) check. 38 vs. DC 35. Success. Crowd attitude towards Coravel improves 2 steps.

Warforged Titan 2 steps.

Del:
Crowd Attitude: 0.5
HP: 122
Spells: -/3/3/3/2

Fu:
HP: 67


Coravel:
Crowd Attitude: 2.5
+2 circumstance bonus to checks to impress the crowd
Dodge: Del
HP: 125


Gorgon:
Canít use breath weapon until round 5.
Breath Weapon uses: 4

Seems we're getting started with a mix of mistakes and stunts.

Well, what do you expect. Every monster and construct in the arena are in between our two competitors.

Maybe, but the bulette has decided it doesn't like playing target and the Gorgon has unleashed it's first breath weapon.

We'll probably see that again. It's the most potent ranged threat that any of the monster have and could end the match for a careless gladiator.

Del has 24 hours to post his round 3 action.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DvC.JPG (210.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DvCLL.JPG (129.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DvCLR.JPG (128.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DvCUL.JPG (121.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DvCUR.JPG (129.5 KB, 0 views)
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #10  
Unread 5th of February, 2007, 02:50
Lord Twig's Avatar
Lord Twig
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1477
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 1,481 (0.31 per day)
Del sends a quick prayer of thanks to Ehlonna for seeing himself and Fu safely through the gorgon's assault. Del motions Fu behind him and turns back to the bulette. Seeing it digging in he steps forward and sends forth a volley of arrows, trying to take it down before he needs to try to get past it.

Del 5' steps to D9 and full attacks the Bulette with his bow. +25/+20/+15/+10 for 1d8+1d6+7 damage (I forgot the Point Blank bonus last time.)

Fu will 5' step behind Del to D8.
__________________
The opinions, beliefs and viewpoints expressed by the various characters do not necessarily reflect the opinions, beliefs and viewpoints of the player.
  #11  
Unread 5th of February, 2007, 06:36
Tashalar's Avatar
Tashalar
Ghastly Thread Necromancer [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Member: #1799
Location: Castle Korvosa
Posts: 5,971 (1.33 per day)
Seeing Del seeking a path past the Bulette, Coravel decides to take the battle to him. Hopping onto the platform next to himself, he then proceeds towards Del in a half circle, trying to evade the beasts of steel. When off the platform again, he cartwheels at high speed. Not that the crowd gets bored...

[Hop onto the platform in L31 then move to E27 while tumbling at normal speed, trying to impress the crowd (tumble +30)]
  #12  
Unread 6th of February, 2007, 05:23
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.16 per day)
Del steps and attacks the Bulette. 29, 31, 28, & 29 vs. AC 26 (+4 cover). All hit. Deals 16, 20, 14, & 17 non-lethal damage.

Gorgon takes no action.

Warforged Titan 1 takes no action.

Fu steps.

Bulette takes no action.

Round 4:
Coravel moves, hopping up onto a platform and tumbling to impress the crowd. Tumble 24 (-10 for tumbling at full speed) vs. DC 35. Fails.

Warforged Titan 2 steps.

Del:
Crowd Attitude: 0.5
HP: 122
Spells: -/3/3/3/2

Fu:
HP: 67


Coravel:
Crowd Attitude: 2.5
+2 circumstance bonus to checks to impress the crowd
Dodge: Del
HP: 125


Gorgon:
Canít use breath weapon until round 5.
Breath Weapon uses: 4

Bulette:
Non-lethal damage: 84

Well, Del's still trying to open a path to Coravel by taking out the Bulette, despite the fact that the creature is now partially underground.

It's too bad for the bulette that it's chain isn't a bit longer. With only 10' of slack, the creature is too big to get all they way underground and thus can't avoid Del's arrows completely.

In the meantime, Coravel seems to have consumed some of the free ale that he was offering earlier and is stumbling back across the arena towards his opponent.

Del has 24 hours to post his round 4 action.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DvC.JPG (210.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DvCLR.JPG (125.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DvCUL.JPG (121.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DvCUR.JPG (132.1 KB, 0 views)
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman

Last edited by Black Plauge; 6th of February, 2007 at 05:28.
  #13  
Unread 6th of February, 2007, 08:27
Lord Twig's Avatar
Lord Twig
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1477
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 1,481 (0.31 per day)
Del sees the bulette desperately trying to get underground and feels bad for the poor creature, but he knows that his arrows will not do permanent harm. He continues his stream of arrows until the beast stops moving.

"The way is open Fu," Del speaks to his friend, "now comes the real challenge."


Del will fire at the bulette until it drops. If it only takes one shot he will move to C15 and try to use the wall in C16 as cover. In it takes more than one shot he will 5' step to D10.

Fu will follow directly behind Del, so he will either move to C14 or D9.
  #14  
Unread 6th of February, 2007, 11:21
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.16 per day)
Del attacks the Bulette. 42 vs. DC 22. Hits. Deals 12 non-lethal damage. Bulette is unconcious.
Note: The space where the Buletteís unconcous body is counts as difficult terrain due to the body and the ground disturbance from the burrowing.

Del moves.

Gorgon takes no action.

Warforged Titan 1 takes no action.

Fu moves.

Del:
Crowd Attitude: 0.5
HP: 122
Spells: -/3/3/3/2

Fu:
HP: 67


Coravel:
Crowd Attitude: 2.5
+2 circumstance bonus to checks to impress the crowd
Dodge: Del
HP: 125


Gorgon:
Canít use breath weapon until round 5.
Breath Weapon uses: 4

Bulette:
Unconcious
Non-lethal damage: 96

Hopefully with the bulette gone we'll see some gladiator vs. gladiator action. Just in time for the gloves to come off.

Coravel has 24 hours to post his round 5 action.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DvC.JPG (210.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DvCUL.JPG (121.5 KB, 2 views)
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #15  
Unread 7th of February, 2007, 02:59
Tashalar's Avatar
Tashalar
Ghastly Thread Necromancer [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Member: #1799
Location: Castle Korvosa
Posts: 5,971 (1.33 per day)
"Just follow your ears!" Coravel shouts over to Del. Tumbling towards the giant of steel a strikes once against its metal leg and springs back to where he came from.

[Spring attack the warforged titan fighting defensively (to H25, attack, then to F26: attack at +27 - 4 = +23. Damage 1d6, nothing more I think.

Intent: make an attack that makes a clanging noise for Del to hear.]
  #16  
Unread 8th of February, 2007, 12:12
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.16 per day)
Coravel moves and attacks Warforged Titan 2, fighting defensively. 35 vs. AC 25. Hits. Deals 2 damage.
Coravel moves. Crowd attitude towards Coravel improves 1 step.

Warforged Titan 2 attacks Coravel. 27 & 22 vs. AC 42. Both whiff.

Del:
Crowd Attitude: 0.5
HP: 122
Spells: -/3/3/3/2

Fu:
HP: 67


Coravel:
Crowd Attitude: 3.5
+2 circumstance bonus to checks to impress the crowd
Dodge: Del
HP: 125


Gorgon:
Can’t use breath weapon until round 5.
Breath Weapon uses: 4

Bulette:
Unconcious
Non-lethal damage: 96

Initiative Order:
Del: 13
Gorgon: 7
Warforged Titan 1: 7
Fu: 6
Coravel: 32
Warforged Titan 2: 14
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DvC.JPG (210.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DvCUL.JPG (121.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DvCUR.JPG (132.2 KB, 1 views)
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman

Last edited by Black Plauge; 9th of February, 2007 at 01:30.
  #17  
Unread 9th of February, 2007, 03:00
Lord Twig's Avatar
Lord Twig
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1477
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 1,481 (0.31 per day)
Del moves forward and looks between the walls, he watches as Coravel dances around the mechanical titan. He orders Fu to stay down, hoping the walls and unconscious bulette will help hide him from the gorgon. Del moves forward a little farther and tries to get Coravel's attention his own way.

Move to C15 and shoot at Coravel in F26. Attack +25, damage 1d8+1d6+6. Take advantage of cover as much as possible.

Command Fu to Stay as a free action.

If Del does not have a clear shot, he will instead use a standard action to throw/push/whatever the low wall into the moat instead.
__________________
The opinions, beliefs and viewpoints expressed by the various characters do not necessarily reflect the opinions, beliefs and viewpoints of the player.
  #18  
Unread 9th of February, 2007, 06:56
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.16 per day)
Del moves and manhandles a low wall into the water.
Del commands Fu to stay.

Gorgon moves and uses its breath weapon. Del, Fu, Coravel, Bulette & both Warforged Titans are caught in the area. The Warforged Titans, being constructs, are immune because the breath weapon requires a Fort save and doesn’t affect objects. Del 33, Fu 27, Coravel 21, & Bulette 18 vs. DC 19. Bulette fails, everyone else passes.

Warforged Titan 1takes no action.

Fu stays.

Del:
Crowd Attitude: 0.5
HP: 122
Spells: -/3/3/3/2

Fu:
HP: 67


Coravel:
Crowd Attitude: 3.5
Fighting Defensively - -4 to hit, +13 AC
+2 circumstance bonus to checks to impress the crowd
Dodge: Del
HP: 125


Gorgon:
Can’t use breath weapon until round 7.
Breath Weapon uses: 3

Bulette:
Unconcious
Petrified
Non-lethal damage: 96

Looks like Coravel misjudged the length of the Titan's arms. He nearly became a finely prepared steak.

I wouldn't call that nearly. Coravel seemed to know exactly where the maul and axe were headed and deftly avoided them.

Ohh! Look, the gorgon's trying it's petrifying breath again! Ah! Man! Only the bulette, which was already unconcious, was affected.

Coravel has 24 hours to post his round 6 action.

Note: For reference sake the area covered by the Gorgon's breath is faintly fogged over on the map. The cloud of gas is no longer present.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DvC.JPG (207.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DvCLL.JPG (130.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DvCLR.JPG (125.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg DvCUL.JPG (117.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg DvCUR.JPG (131.2 KB, 0 views)
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman

Last edited by Black Plauge; 10th of February, 2007 at 05:27.
  #19  
Unread 9th of February, 2007, 23:37
Tashalar's Avatar
Tashalar
Ghastly Thread Necromancer [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Member: #1799
Location: Castle Korvosa
Posts: 5,971 (1.33 per day)
Misjudged! How could that happen?! Seething with anger, Coravel decides to take the fight out in the open but away from the beast. A few quick steps and a flip - then Coravel stands completely out in the open. Holding his rapier out to the side, he indicates for Del to come and join him once more, his eyes intent on his opponent.

[Tumble to D28 (tumble +28) then jump to D30 to impress (jump +27/+29), total defense as standard action]
  #20  
Unread 10th of February, 2007, 11:09
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.16 per day)
Coravel moves, tumbling to avoid AoOs and then jumping to impress the crowd. Tumble vs. DC 15 is automatic. Jump 41 vs. DC 40. Success. Crowd attitude towards Coravel improves 1 step.

Warforged Titan 2 takes no action.

Del:
Crowd Attitude: 0.5
HP: 122
Spells: -/3/3/3/2

Fu:
HP: 67


Coravel:
Crowd Attitude: 4.5
+2 circumstance bonus to checks to impress the crowd
Dodge: Del
HP: 125


Gorgon:
Canít use breath weapon until round 7.
Breath Weapon uses: 3

Bulette:
Unconcious
Petrified
Non-lethal damage: 96
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DvC.JPG (210.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DvCLL.JPG (129.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DvCUL.JPG (121.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DvCUR.JPG (132.3 KB, 0 views)
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #21  
Unread 11th of February, 2007, 15:49
Lord Twig's Avatar
Lord Twig
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1477
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 1,481 (0.31 per day)
Calling for Fu to follow, Del calls on Ehlonna's blessing and squeezes between the walls ahead of him, using them as a shield against the metal titan that is just waiting for an opening. Once in the open his speed becomes more apparent. He flies forward as if he launched himself from his own bow, springing into the air, Del preforms a full forward flip before landing and simultaneously firing an arrow aimed at Coravel's weapon.

As Fu runs up from behind Del encourages the wolf to harass his opponent. His faithful companion never slows and closes with Coravel, growling menacingly at the other elf.


Command Fu to Assist Attack against Coravel as a Free action. Cast Swift Haste as a Swift Action, move to C25 by squeezing between the walls in C-D,17-18 and jumping (+28) from C22 to C25 over the rubble in C23. Jumping to impress (+28) and using the Tumble (+17) skill to assist. Attempt Ranged Disarm against Coravel, +26 Attack bonus.

Fu full moves to C29 jumping the rubble in C23 as well (+11 I believe).

Intent: Move along the C row and get as far as possible. Try to avoid AoOs from the Warforged Titan by using cover. Get off a Ranged Disarm attempt.

Intent for Fu: Move as far along the C row as possible to get out of the area of the Gorgon's attack. Move to threaten Coravel if possible.
  #22  
Unread 12th of February, 2007, 05:12
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.16 per day)
Del commands Fu to assist attack.
Del casts swift haste.
Del moves, jumping and tumbling to impress. Tumble assist to Jump is automatic. Jump 33 vs. DC 40. Fails. Crowd is not impressed.
Del attacks Coravel, attempting to disarm. 33 vs. 28. Success. Coravel is disarmed. Crowd attitdue towards Del improves 2 steps.

Gorgon takes no action.

Warforged Titan 1 steps.

Fu moves, jumping over debris along the way. Jump DC 5 is automatic.

Del:
Crowd Attitude: 2.5
HP: 122
Spells: -/3/2/3/2

Fu:
HP: 67


Coravel:
Crowd Attitude: 4.5
+2 circumstance bonus to checks to impress the crowd
Dodge: Del
HP: 125


Gorgon:
Canít use breath weapon until round 7.
Breath Weapon uses: 3

Bulette:
Unconcious
Petrified
Non-lethal damage: 96

Some more showmanship, and this time with some fight altering effects.

Given the number of times that Coravel managed to hang on to his weapon yesterday in the grand melee, his wrist was bound to be sore so it's not supprising that he lost his rapier so quickly.

Croavel has 24 hours to post his round 7 actions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DvC.JPG (210.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DvCLL.JPG (129.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DvCUL.JPG (119.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DvCUR.JPG (134.3 KB, 0 views)
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #23  
Unread 12th of February, 2007, 19:45
Tashalar's Avatar
Tashalar
Ghastly Thread Necromancer [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Member: #1799
Location: Castle Korvosa
Posts: 5,971 (1.33 per day)
Coravel's eyes follow the rapier as it is torn from his hand by the arrow. Slowly his head turns to face first the wolf, then Del. Without wasting any words, he explodes once more into a flurry of motions, flashing past Fu in a blink and coming up on Del just as fast with his treasured rapier suddenly in his grasp. Almost gingerly he reaches out with a smile, the rapier hooking the bow and pulls it from Del's grasp.

[Bear with me - I don't have much time...

Activate haste as free action. Move to C26 by tumbling through Fu's space using jump to assist and to impress the crowd (great idea LT - mod +30 / +32 to impress). Standard action to Disarm Del 'in a defensive manner' (mod +27 +1 haste +4 improved disarm -4 fighting defensively = +28, follow-up attack +27 -4 fighting defensively +1 haste +1 morale = +25; damage 3d6+7 +1 morale +1 Con).

If disarming defensively is not possible, then one single attack while fighting defensively - same as above.

Please note that a successfull crowd check will improve the mods for the disarm/attack/damage (I think).]
  #24  
Unread 13th of February, 2007, 13:36
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.16 per day)
Note: There is no follow up attack for a successful disarm attempt.
Coravel activates his Boots of Speed.
Coravel moves, tumbling to avoid AoOs (automatic) and tumbling and jumping to impress and drawing his second rapier as he goes. Jump is automatic. Tumble 52 vs. DC 40. Success. Crowd attitude towards Coravel improves 1 step. Coravel is now appreciated.
Coravel attacks Del, attempt to disarm him. 48 vs. 21. Success. Del is disarmed. Crowd attitude towards Coravel improves 2 steps.

Warforged Titan 2 takes no action.

Del:
Crowd Attitude: 2.5
HP: 122
Spells: -/3/2/3/2

Fu:
HP: 67


Coravel:
Crowd Attitude: 7.5 (Appreciated, +1 attacks & damage)
+2 circumstance bonus to checks to impress the crowd
Dodge: Del
HP: 125


Gorgon:
Can’t use breath weapon until round 7.
Breath Weapon uses: 3

Bulette:
Unconcious
Petrified
Non-lethal damage: 96

Oh, but isn't turn about sweet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DvC.JPG (210.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg DvCUR.JPG (134.7 KB, 1 views)
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman

Last edited by Black Plauge; 14th of February, 2007 at 07:00.
  #25  
Unread 13th of February, 2007, 18:28
Lord Twig's Avatar
Lord Twig
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1477
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 1,481 (0.31 per day)
Del doesn't even blink as his bow drops from his hand. "Very well done!" Del congratulates Coravel with a smile. "You really are quite good with that blade. You must have studied under one of the great Elven masters surely!"

Suddenly Coravel hears a growl as Fu snaps at him from behind. In that split second Del renews his speed and his twin swords flash into his hand and flicker in a flurry of attacks aimed at the other Elf.


Del delays until Initative 5.

Fu moves to E27 and performs his Assist Attack. Attack +12 (+2 flanking).

Del casts Swift Haste as a Swift Action, draws both swords as a Free Action and Full Attacks Coravel. Attack +25/+25/+20/+15/+10, 1d8+1d6+5 and +25/+20/+15, 1d6+1d6+3. (+2 Assist, +2 Flanking, +1 Haste, all non-leathal damage)
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 02:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren