Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Public Commonness > Character Acquisition

Closed Thread
Unread 5th of February, 2013, 23:58
Church
Spectre [GM]

Member: #10480
Radz`

I'm posting the following interest feeler in order to provide players with an alternative option to my Star Wars campaign idea. Here's hoping that one of the two options garners some level of interest!

The alternative rpg I had in mind is RADZ: a post-apocalyptic game that is very similar in feel to the Fallout and Borderlands computer games. Players play survivors in the wastelands of America who have banded together in the interest of mutual safety, and because a group (or "Mosh") of individuals is more likely to find work and pay than a solitary wanderer. Together, they'll navigate the dangers of the wastes, and deal with the people who live therein.

The system, also called RADZ, was designed by Deep7, and is very easy to use. The core mechanic is simply this: find the target number for an action by adding together your (Attribute + Skill) and then applying a positive or negative modifier (if applicable). You then roll 2d6 and try to equal the number, or roll less than it, in order to succeed.

I would be allowing any of the character types for this game, provided reason can be given as to why the Mosh has been formed. I'd also try to make the game more story-intensive than the rulebook originally seems to aim for (though there'll still be a lot of combat in the campaign!).

If the above interests any of you, please get in touch. Ideally, I'd like to find myself players who enjoy writing posts greater than a few sentances, and who enjoy both the setting type and detailed narrative.
Unread 6th of February, 2013, 20:30
Church
Spectre [GM]

Member: #10480
I'm going to be withdrawing my involvement in this interest feeler, so that I can focus more intently on my Vampire game. Thanks folks!
Closed Thread