Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > marcoasalazarm's Games > CORELINE

Unread 20th of April, 2011, 21:44
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Member: #2780
Actually, what I meant when I asked if the game had turned out how you expected was, did you expect Gerald to form a rag tag band of outcast NPCs and go into some weird alternate dimension to hunt down Freddy and Michael and end up fighting Jason in the process? Course I certainly didn't.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Unread 7th of May, 2011, 08:08
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Oh good. My first use of the lightsaber. Here's hoping there are many more.

Unread 15th of May, 2011, 08:52
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Hey it's been a while since you posted. I hope everything's alright with you.

I've been thinking about it and I've been wondering if I should perhaps expand the scope of my posting a bit, this being a solo game and all. I've been holding back on controlling any of the NPCs for the most part to avoid stepping on your toes but would it be more interesting or easier for you if I wrote more indepth posts involving interactions between characters other than my own?

Unread 2nd of July, 2011, 11:46
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Um, you still reading this thread?

Unread 16th of August, 2011, 15:15
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

I guess I may have asked this before, and I'm not sure if you're even still reading the OOC, but how do you think the game is going?

Unread 27th of August, 2011, 04:07
marcoasalazarm
Ghoul [GM]

Member: #2539
The game is OK.

I will have to apologize about the extremely slow posting speed. My computer has gone completely ape(beep!). The power management on it has completely failed and needs to be replaced (not to mention other stuff that has made it slow).
Unread 31st of August, 2011, 08:35
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Sounds bad. Wish I could give you some advice, but I guess if it's just broken and needs replacement all I can say is order online from like NewEgg or something. They usually have good prices and good products.

Also, I've been watching Claymore. I'm on the last two episodes.

I also recently watched Heroic Age and Gurenn Laggan (Or however that's spelled).

Unread 3rd of September, 2011, 07:01
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Oh yeah. I just remembered, the place where my dad buys hardware is tiger direct. And he's a professional computer guy so that might mean something. :p

Unread 4th of September, 2011, 07:39
marcoasalazarm
Ghoul [GM]

Thanks for the advice. Let's see if I can contact it (CR doesn't has much in the way of computer stores... or at least ones like, say, Best Buy).

As for the shows you've been watching... well, Claymore is most definitely on Coreline (that would be on Scotland. Everybody there is a true-blood bad@** MFer, by virtue of having to deal with Youma on a regular basis. The heavy-duty ones... well, THOSE require Claymores to deal with).

Gurren Lagann... well, still working on how to add it to this. Spiral Energy is a viable source of superpowers, though.

And Heroic Age.... I Think I read about it once. Pretty heavy-duty stuff, I think (well, power levels. Or at least the main hero's. The rest of things I Think I may be able to adapt in due time).
Unread 14th of September, 2011, 16:54
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

I've been playing Hitman: Blood Money lately, and it's got some amusing bit characters like the assassins that dress up in bird costumes to pull off an assassination on Mardi Gras and the characters in the Dance with the Devil mission who are probably less amusing when they aren't dressed up as angels and demons for a dual masquerade party, but well. There're the targets. The corrupt CIA agent wearing a crazy golden demon mask who's gotten romantically involved with the former circus performer turned weapons dealer who uses a cane sword as her weapon and has this weird voodoo vibe. There's also a pair of other assassins who're out to counter assassinate you.

This guy; Maynard John, who challanges you to a very unassassinlike gun duel in a sound proofed room if he spots you, and also Eve. An extremely athletic young woman who is posing as a singer at the party and doing a terrible job at it, and attempts to lure you into her private room in order to murder you, but has the amazing ability to conceal five Stilettos and a Desert Eagle somewhere in her "clothing" all while doing cartwheels around the room. Oddly in the game itself she had black hair tied into two small balls on top of her head, slightly less pale skin, and green eyes. Then again a lot of the concepts look different from the end results.

Anyway I just figured it might be amusing to run across bit characters from a computer game some time, and these are certainly particularly amusing.

I also had an idea about Gerald. As I have been figuring it, he's a normal human with a bit of an insane streak that compelled him to learn to wield a lightsaber and start a mission to rescue the bit characters of slasher flicks who always get offed while skinny dipping or running topless through the woods at night. But I was thinking it could be interesting if it turned out that Gerald was actually a self insert character created by a writer who actually came up with the idea of the worlds of reality and fiction melding as part of a not so well written super fan fic involving him going around doing what he's been trying to do. While on the one hand it'd give him the chance to get some sorts of special powers, I suppose it's also pushing the limits of even this setting's tolerance for absurdity :p.

Unread 18th of September, 2011, 09:10
marcoasalazarm
Ghoul [GM]

Well... the idea of him finding out that he's a Fiction (the 'Tomato In The Mirror' Trope) DO sounds like a good idea...

Also, thanks for the ideas for enemies. Will probably be tossing them your way soon.

Dumb question here.... who do you think would have taught Gerald how to use the saber?
Unread 18th of September, 2011, 09:56
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Not dumb. I honestly am not sure. It wasn't something I really thought about much. Originally I figured he acquired it when he found a murdered Jedi, the idea that he could teach himself to use it would certainly seem to fall under fan fiction level writing. If he did have a teacher it probably wasn't someone prominent from the movies because he'd be too star struck to learn much, and anyway, they're bound to have tons of people trying to get them to teach them. The entire history of the Star Wars universe suddenly coming to coexist together seems like it'd be a horrible cluster**** of epic proportions, but at least the majority of them were probably in some galaxy far far away so that might not be such a problem. Then again that means that a real lightsaber getting to coreline earth probably involved some fan fiction as well. Then again... Saying any one group of things would be a cluster**** is probably silly when you look at the setting as a whole. :p It's all barely controlled madness to begin with. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Hm, I wonder what happened to Gerald's internal monologue. Well I'm sure it'll come back once he gets back into "detective mode".

Last edited by Shoelip; 18th of September, 2011 at 10:59.
Unread 20th of September, 2011, 11:53
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Actually now that I think about it Gerald would probably want to learn from Kyle Katarn. If he's a fiction I suppose it's part of his backstory that in the weird world of his author's creation he found a lightsaber from a dead jedi whose identity was never really thought about and then met Kyle Katarn (and female twi-lek hottie version of Jaden Korr) and trained under him. It was then that he realized that his quest in life was to seek out and rescue the characters in slasher flicks who don't tend to make it.

Unread 24th of September, 2011, 05:48
marcoasalazarm
Ghoul [GM]

OK... Kyle Katarn... now this is giving me some ideas...

Expect to meet the Master later on, then.
Unread 24th of September, 2011, 09:37
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Cool, I had another idea for his fan fic. Gerald met up with Tavion while she was on the run after being beaten and spared by Kyle Katarn. He ended up convincing her to help him find Katarn, ostensibly so that they could ask to be trained under him. Since he knew she'd eventually become the leader of the Disciples of Ragnos if left to her own devices he figured should should try to nip that in the bud by getting her to train as a light Jedi. When they found him, it turned out she still wasn't happy about being defeated and tried to kill him but Gerald somehow managed to tackle her and wrestle the lightsaber from her hands. Somehow he then convinced her to stay and train under Kyle Katarn, which Katarn accepted since Tavion obviously needed guidance. Now him and Tavion are good buddies.

Of course feel free to not include any of this.

Last edited by Shoelip; 24th of September, 2011 at 21:50.
Unread 8th of October, 2011, 21:03
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

I just thought of something. Actually more than one something. When the event occurred it brought through fictional characters from all fiction created up to that point. What counted as created? Do people's imaginations count as fiction? That also brings me to my second point which is, has any other fiction been made real since then?

So do you have some idea about what sort of direction this game is going in? I'm not really sure but I was thinking that maybe Gerald was on his way to Camp Crystal lake while he searched for people who needed his help everywhere he stopped.

Last edited by Shoelip; 9th of October, 2011 at 02:53.
Unread 15th of October, 2011, 05:18
marcoasalazarm
Ghoul [GM]

Sorry about the lateness. RL kicked my rear hard. Ever since the 31st of September, and hasn't stopped. Don't wanna bore you with the details, but it's something severe.

Sorry.

Answering the questions: at the moment of the Vanishing, all fictional stuff created up to that point appeared in one way or another all over the place (not just the planet-the Solar System and even the galaxy were affected by this event).

All fictional stuff. If someone made a fanfic, a fanart, role-played nd so on (there's no true evidence at the moment of the campaign if just imagining a character made him or will make him appear on Coreline-not that it makes things less problematic).

New Fictions have appeared here and there (anything from singular characters to whole new universes), but the majority of them haven't been that big a blip in the radar (Well, the singular characters. The universes HAVE been big blips).

As for the direction of the campaign... well... he probably would go to Crystal Lake. Which is in Jersey. Which, among other things, makes it the next-door neighbor for Gotham City.

I may use that idea you placed for Kyle and Tavion... and that MAY mean Jedi (And Sith) problems...
Unread 18th of October, 2011, 06:06
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

I hope things get better for you.

Unread 1st of December, 2011, 05:41
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

I was just thinking, it seems like Gerald's extremely talkative internal monologue has sort of disappeared as he's gained more actual people other than himself to talk to. Heh.

Unread 5th of December, 2011, 13:23
marcoasalazarm
Ghoul [GM]

Yeah... just something that happens, you know? Oftentimes it's better to vocalize everything.
Unread 10th of December, 2011, 00:33
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

I was just thinking that one problem with using pictures instead of descriptions is that you can never tell how old a person is supposed to be. Anime characters from sixteen to 30 all look about the same most times, and live action teens are usually played by twenty- somethings or older. Yeah, I just realized that the attractive woman clinging to Gerald is probably a teenager seeing as how she's a sailor senshi. I really have not watched that show since I was a little kid.

Unread 15th of December, 2011, 14:53
marcoasalazarm
Ghoul [GM]

One of the things with Fictions... like you said, it's hard to tell how old they are. Some of them are virtually ageless-only blowing them away would ensure a 'final death' anywhere soon.

With those who age even more slowly and/or are immortal (as some incredibly powerful Senshi are)... it only gets weirder.

This is one of those things that have made the Vanishing much of a pain in the neck.
Unread 28th of January, 2012, 12:53
marcoasalazarm
Ghoul [GM]

First up, head's up: computer's legally deceased. Just got it from the technician-will need to back it up and get lucky getting a new one, I think.

Sorry about the lateness. Will try to post more often.
Unread 28th of January, 2012, 23:27
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

It would be cool to have a faster pace, but don't worry about it too much. Good luck with the computer.

Unread 8th of March, 2012, 15:37
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

So how'd the computer issues turn out?

Sorry if I'm not really giving you much to play off of. I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out how to react to what's going on in the game. Gerald is definitely not in the situation he was expecting to be in when he woke up in the morning.