Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > ShatteredUniverse's Games > Heroic Legacies > Rules, Guidelines and information

Unread 11th of April, 2010, 23:27
ShatteredUniverse
Zombie [GM]

Member: #8028
Glossary and terms I'll use

Please note, I will try to capitalize most of these terms to signify that I am using them as per these definitions.

The Empowered: Anyone who with a superpower (Hero, villain, new or old)

Ability/Power: Synonym for Superpower (Just for context sake, I probably won't capitalize these)

The Surge: The sudden appearance of new people with abilities. The Surge also marked a large power increase in the Realized.

Realized: An Empowered term for someone who had already known about their powers before the Surge.

'Floodie' or 'Flooder': Derogatory term used for Empowered discovered because of the Surge- usually reserved for hotheads and those who have problems controlling their power.

Stay tuned, more probably to come.
Unread 22nd of April, 2010, 03:18
ShatteredUniverse
Zombie [GM]

Member: #8028
Just a note, this is canon within the RP, although it is OOC knowledge unless I direct otherwise.

Darkness. The dim light above you the only source of illumination. Outside it's dull yellow glow, void. Your eyes wander, taking in no details, no information, nothing outside the archaic seeming illumination.

You look up, and there is a solitary light bulb, swinging slowly, it's pendulous movement seeming strange.

No doubt by now, you are wondering.

Where am I?

Until the darker question hits, numbing all thought and emotion in one terrifying moment.

Who am I?

Then, movement. Sound. A step followed by another, and another, shoes landing softly against a surface unseen, a figure approaching.

Fear. Of what might come.

"Things are not right." The voice welcomes you, confident, smooth, overpowering. "But you may change that yet."

Questions spring into mind, a roaring multitude of ideas, thoughts and possibilities.

The figure enters the light, dressed in an old, ragged suit, smiling a lopsided grin.

"What you were is forfeit. What you were is inconsequential. Now, you are mine. A tool for a very specific set of tasks. Fulfill them and I will release you. Fail in your new purpose, and Oblivion may claim us all."

He moves up close, leaning forward so his face is close to yours. "Welcome to the Universe, Shattered as it may be." He whispers as complete darkness- then light- engulfs you.