Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Darius's Games > Apocalypse World

Reply
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 4th of January, 2013, 02:12
Darius's Avatar
Darius
The Phantom Poster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1110
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,490 (0.75 per day)
Session 2: Supermarket Clearance

It was probably too much to hope for that the drive to the supermarket would be uneventful. As it was, the roads weren't exactly in great condition. Despite there not being any real traffic to speak of, fifty years of neglect had surely taken their toll. Nils had to carefully steer her truck around numerous potholes, rusted out relics of former vehicles, and the more than occasional debris that made driving more than a little difficult.

The crew was about a quarter of the way toward their destination when they spotted a plume of black smoke rising up over the horizon. Something was burning, and it was between them and their destination... if they took the most direct route. What were they going to do?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 9th of January, 2013, 01:29
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.86 per day)
Fetish's cold eyes assessed the situation. "Priority was the supermarket. Was. Fire this close to Muddy River means priorities have changed. Head directly for that smoke plume, but keep eyes sharp for ambush. This is some bad shit. I'm sure of it."
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 11th of January, 2013, 01:51
Marcus316's Avatar
Marcus316
Shadow

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Member: #9532
Location: Canada
Posts: 353 (0.15 per day)
Rhyme just nodded his agreement as Fetish spoke. "Makes sense to me."

Rhyme shifted over to the left side of the truck bed and checked to make sure his blade was close by and ready for a fight. "I'll watch out this side as we go."

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 11th of January, 2013, 05:22
zachol's Avatar
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1103
Location: Glorious Nippon
Posts: 8,153 (1.74 per day)
Doc glanced over the cab of the truck, sighed, then settled back in. This was almost certainly going to be a hassle.
__________________
Sleepy cat is sleepy.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 12th of January, 2013, 00:52
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.86 per day)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 16th of January, 2013, 13:50
Daedalus's Avatar
Daedalus
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Member: #568
Location: In my little black box, like a good boy.
Posts: 1,090 (0.22 per day)
Nils glared back at Fetish through the long-since-broken back window of the cab. "You're kidding, right? Tell me you're kidding. I do believe you may have made a slight mistake in your thought process. You see, this is a pickup truck. The vehicle you seem to think it is, is a tank. And unless you plan on paying for the inevitable repairs that'll need to be made once we get shot to shit, there's no fucking way I'm driving into that smoke cloud. Now help me find a way around."

Nils scans the area around her, looking for a not-so-rough way around the smoke, hopefully one that doesn't take them too far off the route.

Last edited by Daedalus; 16th of January, 2013 at 14:07.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 16th of January, 2013, 14:29
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
Mar glanced back at Nils as she spoke up against going into trouble, then spat off the side as she finished. "Gonna hafta agree with the driver on this. Better if we just swing around whatever it is and finish the job we're supposed to do. If Barb wants someone to take care of it, he'll send someone."
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 16th of January, 2013, 14:45
zachol's Avatar
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1103
Location: Glorious Nippon
Posts: 8,153 (1.74 per day)
Doc turned, speaking into the cab.
"Closest thing we got to the Bossman's will is Fetish here. If we say she wanted to check it out but we voted against it, and it's something he'd have wanted checked out, he'll be pissed. If we check it out and it's nothing, then shit, fine."
She glanced at Nils. "Stop it outside of the smoke, out of the wind, halfway around. Yeah?"
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 16th of January, 2013, 20:25
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
Mar scowled at Doc. "It's not a matter of what the 'Bossman' wants, it's a matter of what he's paying for. And that's for me to head out to the supermarket and kill some knifers for him." He shook his head and pulled his hat off to fan himself with it. "Road trouble ain't included in that deal."
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 17th of January, 2013, 01:16
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.86 per day)
"And you think this is just a fucking coincidence? Gangers fuck up one of our own, and it just so happens that when we head out, there's more shit happening in the same direction we were heading anyway? Really, fuckheads?" Fetish scowled. "Let me be perfectly clear. This is not a coincidence. If we don't take care of this now, it will fuck us later, and not in a good way. And who's to say the road trouble isn't the knifers we're supposed to kill?"

Then her cold glint softened slightly, and a half-smirk stretched out the corners of her lips. "Besides, if you're not too much of a coward, it could be worth your while." But she could tell she'd gone too hard at first, and that Mar wasn't going to bite.


Last edited by Mercutio; 17th of January, 2013 at 01:28.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 17th of January, 2013, 02:39
zachol's Avatar
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1103
Location: Glorious Nippon
Posts: 8,153 (1.74 per day)
Doc bristled a little at Mar, but shut up, facing back again. Fine, whatever, Fetish's show anyway.
__________________
Sleepy cat is sleepy.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 17th of January, 2013, 09:24
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
Mar's face slacked out of his scowl as Fetish tried to ream into him, but the gunslinger closed his eyes as the girl talked. When she'd finally finished, with a rather insulting offer, his eyes snapped open and where as hard as steel. They seemed to bore into Fetish for a few seconds, then they softened a bit and a predatory grin went across his face.

"Tell ya what little lady. Why don't we stop the truck a ways back, far enough they won't hear it or nothin', then you can go investigate it yourself. If it is these knifers we're supposed to take care of, you can come back and grab me and we'll go waste 'em. If they aren't, and you still want me to help ya take care of em, we can talk cost then."

Mar leaned back up against the cab and lowered his hat over his eyes. "Cuz otherwise I'm thinking you're gonna hafta talk to the her," he thumbed back towards Nils. "And in my experience the driver has say on where passangers go."


Last edited by red_dr4g0n94; 17th of January, 2013 at 09:52.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 17th of January, 2013, 11:02
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.86 per day)
"So, you're telling me you'd rather go past an active fire, where there might be some chuckleheads that need to be dead, and have those same chuckleheads between you and safety? You realize that you'd be cutting off your direction of escape?" Fetish sighed.

"Alright, I guess I'll scout the shit myself."

Last edited by Mercutio; 17th of January, 2013 at 11:07.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 17th of January, 2013, 11:22
zachol's Avatar
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1103
Location: Glorious Nippon
Posts: 8,153 (1.74 per day)
Doc sighed, gazing back at the hold in the distance.
"Mmm, well I'm coming with. Might need to drag you back out."
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 17th of January, 2013, 12:07
Darius's Avatar
Darius
The Phantom Poster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1110
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,490 (0.75 per day)
Before Fetish and Doc could leave the confines of the truck, however, there came the choking cough of motors getting closer. That was bad, sure, but what was worse was that they were coming from different directions, and getting closer. Some of it was coming in the direction of the smoke plume under discussion, but it sounded like there was more coming from their flanks as well.

The burnt out buildings and rubble obscured what was heading their way, but experience told Mar and Fetish it was probably the Motorheads. What those bloodthirsty nomads were doing so close to Muddy River was anyone's guess, but it couldn't be good.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 17th of January, 2013, 12:20
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.86 per day)
"Eh, fuck." Fetish paused and looked around. "Nils, we best turn this beast around and head the fuck back to the hold! I don't think we're equipped to handle what looks to all hell like a planned ambush. No more lip from either you or Mar on this, or else you might find yourself short a body part after your next nap. Now let's bug out. A-fucking-sap." Fetish hoped her guess about turning around was the right one.

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 17th of January, 2013, 12:30
Darius's Avatar
Darius
The Phantom Poster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1110
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,490 (0.75 per day)
Fetish looked around to figure out the best way out, but didn't see the three bikes coming roaring around that last burnt out car. The bikes were cobbled together beasts, welded together from disparate parts with added bits stuck on here and there. They weren't pretty, that was for damn sure, but neither were the people riding them. They wore helmets, sure, and goggles, and bandannas over their mouths to keep the dust out, but what set them apart was their studded jackets and grease stained jeans. They were the Motoheads.

Fetish turned just in time to see the lead one level a submachinegun at the truck and cut loose. Bullets pinged off the truck, but more shattered what little glass was left in the truck and caught a few bodies too, Fetish and Rhyme and Mar to be specific. Somehow Nils and Doc were spared, but if something didn't happen fast it wouldn't be long until the Motors were greasing their gears with the 'holders blood.


Last edited by Darius; 17th of January, 2013 at 15:16.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 17th of January, 2013, 12:36
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.86 per day)
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 17th of January, 2013, 15:31
Daedalus's Avatar
Daedalus
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Member: #568
Location: In my little black box, like a good boy.
Posts: 1,090 (0.22 per day)
Without a word, Nils floored the gas, swinging around hard to the left in an effort to keep from getting circled. She carefully scanned the area around her, looking for good strategic ground, something her four-wheel-drive truck could handle that their little motorbikes might have some trouble with, and gunned her way toward it. Once her course was set in her mind, she glanced back at the folks in the truck bed.

"Kill them."


Last edited by Daedalus; 17th of January, 2013 at 15:40.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 17th of January, 2013, 16:21
zachol's Avatar
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1103
Location: Glorious Nippon
Posts: 8,153 (1.74 per day)
"Fucking floor it, run!"
Doc growled under her breath. Fucking bullets in her fucking shoulder.


Last edited by zachol; 18th of January, 2013 at 21:55.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 18th of January, 2013, 01:38
Marcus316's Avatar
Marcus316
Shadow

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Member: #9532
Location: Canada
Posts: 353 (0.15 per day)


"Motherfucker!" Between the bullets flying and the sharp swerve of the truck, Rhyme is having a helluva time just holding on. "Get us the FUCK outta here!"
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 18th of January, 2013, 15:34
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.29 per day)
Mar hit the bed of the truck as bullets pinged and panged around him, even feeling a few ricochet off his armor. As the barrage died down a bit he growled and grabbed Clyde by his handle, lifting himself and the well-used hardware up into a standing position as everyone screamed at each other.

"Alright fuckers," he added to the din, but not directing it towards anyone in the truck. "My turn!" Without another word he pulled the trigger and began sending torrents of lead out from the truck.

Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 18th of January, 2013, 21:47
Darius's Avatar
Darius
The Phantom Poster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1110
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,490 (0.75 per day)
Rhyme saw Fetish get hit, a bullet grazing her temple. She crumpled to the bed of the trailer and didn't look like she was going to get up anytime soon though. Rhyme had his own problems though, as he suddenly found himself on his back. Even worse there was a blossom of blood forming on his prized coat.

Doc didn't see Fetish fall, being too concerned with the fact that a bullet had evidently entered her own shoulder. She couldn't be sure, but was pretty confident that it had past all the way through and wasn't lodged in the bone somewhere.

Nils was so busy looking for a way out of their situation that she wasn't paying enough attention to where she was driving and managed to drive right up on a big pile of rubble. Ordinarily that wouldn't be a big deal, but as it was the truck was stuck and wasn't going to become unstuck in a hurry.

Luckily for all involved, they had brought Mar. And Mar had brought Clyde. Clyde wasn't subtle, or quiet, or precise. All of that was okay though, because Clyde was big and Clyde spat out a helluva lot of bullets. Those bullets tore through bikers and bikes both, blowing great big chunks out of everything. Almost as good was that there were other bikers showing up, but once they caught sight of what they were up against they were wheeling their bikes around and bugging out.

Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 18th of January, 2013, 22:03
zachol's Avatar
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1103
Location: Glorious Nippon
Posts: 8,153 (1.74 per day)
Doc spun, winced, and focused on Rhyme. Well, that looked bad.
She tore back the coat, searching for the wound, drawing a tube of something-or-other and a clean patch of sticky bandage from inside her jacket.

__________________
Sleepy cat is sleepy.

Last edited by zachol; 18th of January, 2013 at 22:05.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 19th of January, 2013, 02:55
Marcus316's Avatar
Marcus316
Shadow

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Member: #9532
Location: Canada
Posts: 353 (0.15 per day)
"FUCK!" Rhyme was royally pissed. "My Fuckin' coat! I love this coat!"

As Doc began to look him over, Rhyme tried to gesture towards Fetish. "Much as I know I'll need ya in a moment, Doc, ya got at least one more patient over here."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 01:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren