Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Lando The Archmagi's Games > Fort Griffin 1870, Wild West

Reply
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 17th of July, 2006, 06:22
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.89 per day)
Chapter 5:The Flat and beyond...

Everyone pays up their tabs at the Beehive Saloon and those who spent the night with a warm body or two pay pretty heavily.

After breakfast, everyone decides to gather over at the Jailhouse and check on the prisoner and the reward/bounties that they're owed.

As you get to the Jailhouse, the sherrif is there with one deputy watching the prisoner(s) and checking their supplies and things as they sip some coffee. The deputy is holding a shotgun that he was loading when you walked in.

John Larn stands up from behind his desk and tips his hat,

"Howdy boys, good mornin', what can we do for you?"

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 17th of July, 2006 at 06:32.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 20th of July, 2006, 11:50
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.05 per day)
Originally Posted by Lando The Archmagi John Larn stands up from behind his desk and tips his hat,

"Howdy boys, good mornin', what can we do for you?"
Jeb looks around at the others and then steps forward a bit awkwardly. "Well, the boys here say we're due for some kind of reward for stoppin' that there Wild Bunch out ta Big Jake's place... and we might even be makin' more if'n we go git some more o' them boys."

Jeb remembers he's got his beaver skin cap on and hurriedly doffs it. "And the whores and whiskey in this town are mighty expensive."

Jeb puts his head down and shuffles his feet before lifting his eyes again, a bit apologetic. "So we were wonderin' when we could get that reward."
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 21st of July, 2006, 03:04
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.89 per day)
Originally Posted by Lucky Jeb puts his head down and shuffles his feet before lifting his eyes again, a bit apologetic. "So we were wonderin' when we could get that reward."
John Larn smiles as he watches and listens to Jeb, "Well, yes, there is a reward and you boys did good, and I'll pay you, however, there is more if you go after the two leaders who escaped and bring them in alive to face trial. Yes, the drinks and girls get pricey, but they're good aren't they?"

Jackson nods, "Aye, I'll go after them and I definitely want their bounty."

John nods to the deputy who watches the party as the he goes over to a lockbox and takes out some papers and goes back to his desk to sign them.

"These are letters of mark which you can take to the bank and claim the money you're paid for these bounties."
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 21st of July, 2006, 12:56
Flagg Thornington's Avatar
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member: #952
Location: Sir Texas Sir
Posts: 1,026 (0.19 per day)
"Sheriff we'll bring in them boys, hopefully alive. Thanks fer the reward my pockets were getting empty. In a few weeks I reckon I'll be as good as new."
Buck offers to hold the papers untill the group reaches the bank to cash them. After all there's less chance on someone hastling a deputy with a badge. Buck chuckles at the thought and realizes that it's very true.
__________________
We all live n learn, when we survive.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 25th of July, 2006, 02:54
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.89 per day)
Originally Posted by Flagg Thornington Buck offers to hold the papers untill the group reaches the bank to cash them. After all there's less chance on someone hastling a deputy with a badge. Buck chuckles at the thought and realizes that it's very true.
John Larn smiles at Buck, "So you still intending to do the deputy's duty? Good good, I need more good men like you. Good luck with rounding those two up. Enjoy the bounty."

Jackson nods at Buck as he offers to hold the letters of mark and says, "I'm ready to go, just need to buy a box of shells, but I should be fine."
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 26th of July, 2006, 00:44
Flagg Thornington's Avatar
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member: #952
Location: Sir Texas Sir
Posts: 1,026 (0.19 per day)
" Let's head to the bank and then we'll divy this up and buy whatever supplies we'll be needin' After that we'll track down those cowboys and bring 'em in to hang." Buck heads out onto the street after tippin' his hat to the sheriff.
__________________
We all live n learn, when we survive.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 26th of July, 2006, 09:25
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.35 per day)
Dos Santos taps his gun holders to his sides as he says

The saints here are loaded up and ready to deliver
Although those sticks o dynamite came in real handy back there, you know where we might pick up a few o those?
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 26th of July, 2006, 09:30
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.89 per day)
John Larn nods, "Good hunting."

His shotgun wielding deputy escorts you all out of the jail and shuts the door behind you.

On the street walking to the bank, Jackson pats his dual Colts and looks at DosSantos and then to Buck and the others, "Aye, let's get a movin', I might know where we can find some dynamite."
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 27th of July, 2006, 01:54
Left-Handed Bandit's Avatar
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member: #1052
Location: Promise City
Posts: 401 (0.08 per day)
Jose, who had been quiet during the conversation -- allowing the more extroverted members of the party do the talking -- nods his head when the sheriff wishes them good luck and follows Jackson and the others out into the street.

Watching the poncho-wearing gunslinger patting his smokewagons, the young Californian contemplates purchasing one as a backup weapon.

(OOC: Jose is just following the crowd at the moment.)
__________________
Davy Jones, CTS
Your friendly, neighborhood Navy vet

The United States Navy: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of all who threaten it!

Extending an olive branch doesn't count when you're trying to poke the other fella in the eye.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 29th of July, 2006, 02:56
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.89 per day)
Jackson nods to Jose as they heads down Griffin Avenue towards FB Yates Bank from the Jail. It's a nice looking place, clean and well maintained.

It's one of the few permanent buildings in the Flat... its got two armed uniform guards outside (with Henry Rifles and holstered Colts) who say, "Hand over your pistols if you're going inside."

Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 29th of July, 2006, 05:26
Flagg Thornington's Avatar
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member: #952
Location: Sir Texas Sir
Posts: 1,026 (0.19 per day)
"Well I don't reckon we all need to go in there. Two ought to do just fine, with the rest of you out here with your guns handy to keep an eye on things.
Who wants to go with me."

Buck will hand his weapons to one of the group to hold and will enter the back with whoever volunteers. Buck will look for a teller and approach them to cash the note.
__________________
We all live n learn, when we survive.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 29th of July, 2006, 09:06
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.35 per day)
go ahead
i can stay out here
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 29th of July, 2006, 12:13
Flagg Thornington's Avatar
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member: #952
Location: Sir Texas Sir
Posts: 1,026 (0.19 per day)
Buck hands his trusted pistols to DosSantos knowing that he'll guard them dearly. A fellow man of the gun always respects another gunslinger's pistols.
__________________
We all live n learn, when we survive.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 29th of July, 2006, 16:39
Left-Handed Bandit's Avatar
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member: #1052
Location: Promise City
Posts: 401 (0.08 per day)
Jose, not wanting to hand over his long carbine, adds, "I'll wait here, as well, amigo. Caballeros."

The gambler tips his hat to the guards when he acknowledges him."
__________________
Davy Jones, CTS
Your friendly, neighborhood Navy vet

The United States Navy: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of all who threaten it!

Extending an olive branch doesn't count when you're trying to poke the other fella in the eye.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 1st of August, 2006, 03:01
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.89 per day)
Originally Posted by Flagg Thornington "Well I don't reckon we all need to go in there. Two ought to do just fine, with the rest of you out here with your guns handy to keep an eye on things..
Jackson nods, "I'll go."

He unbuckles his dual pistol belt and hands another pistol from under his poncho to DosSantos. He then slides a bowie knife from his boot and hands it to Jose.

He then follows Buck into the bank.

The guards look at Jose and DosSantos, "Stay outside if you're going to stay armed."

They then pick up their Henry Rifles and keep a close eye on two men, especially DosSantos who now has 5 extra pistols.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 1st of August, 2006, 09:37
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.35 per day)
DosSantos nods at buck and “poncho” feeling honored at being entrusted with their weapons, slides the holsters and belts one over each shoulder, the belts making an “X” across his chest, he adjust them so he has one extra pistol under each of his arms the other 2 in the front of his chest, the fifth he slides in his belt, all the pistols at easy reach, an unorthodox but practical set up, its apparent he’s done it before

satisfied the pistols are secured and adjusted he relaxes, at least in appearance, a brief grin when he notices the looks from the guards,
he starts to roll some tobacco
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 1st of August, 2006, 10:03
Left-Handed Bandit's Avatar
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member: #1052
Location: Promise City
Posts: 401 (0.08 per day)
Jose leans over to DosSantos as he studies the guards' stern countenance and says in their native tongue, "Either these gringos can't hear, or else they are way too serious about their jobs."
__________________
Davy Jones, CTS
Your friendly, neighborhood Navy vet

The United States Navy: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of all who threaten it!

Extending an olive branch doesn't count when you're trying to poke the other fella in the eye.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 4th of August, 2006, 02:30
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.89 per day)
Originally Posted by Belkregos atisfied the pistols are secured and adjusted he relaxes, at least in appearance, a brief grin when he notices the looks from the guards,
he starts to roll some tobacco
The two guards eye DosSantos, noticing in particular how he wears the other gunslinger's holsters. "Former soldier are you?", one of them says

Buck and Jackson (aka Poncho) walk into the bank, its a very fine establishment with the bank manager's office near the door and four tellers setup behind a glass and wooden structure. There is another guard in here with just a holstered pistol in a bank uniform.

There are four young women attending to the tellers and the manager steps out from his office in a business suit and tie. "Good day sirs, can I help you?" He's an older man (40s) with greying hair and a finely trimmed moustache.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 4th of August, 2006, 11:10
Flagg Thornington's Avatar
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member: #952
Location: Sir Texas Sir
Posts: 1,026 (0.19 per day)
"We's here to collect our money. Take this note here."
Buck wastes no time dealing with the banker. Bankers take farmers farms.
After handing the paper over Mr. Acuff taps his foot impatiently.
__________________
We all live n learn, when we survive.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 6th of August, 2006, 06:50
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.89 per day)
Originally Posted by Flagg Thornington Buck wastes no time dealing with the banker. Bankers take farmers farms. After handing the paper over Mr. Acuff taps his foot impatiently.
"Hmmm, let me see that note.", the man puts on some spectacles and looks over the notes, "So you've come to collect the reward money? Well, come with me then."

The bank manager leads Buck and Jackson into his office, "Please sit, would either of you like a drink?" He pours a shot of brandy for anyone who'd like one and he calls one of the tellers in, "Please bring me safety deposit box #66."

Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 7th of August, 2006, 06:52
Flagg Thornington's Avatar
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member: #952
Location: Sir Texas Sir
Posts: 1,026 (0.19 per day)
"Much obliged." Buck takes a swig of brandy and waits for the contents of box 66.
__________________
We all live n learn, when we survive.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 8th of August, 2006, 04:16
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.35 per day)
Originally Posted by Lando The Archmagi The two guards eye DosSantos, noticing in particular how he wears the other gunslinger's holsters. "Former soldier are you?", one of them says
DosSantos looks at the guards and nods

“I fought in the brother’s war”

He lights his rolled tobacco and offers some
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 8th of August, 2006, 11:08
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.05 per day)
Jeb sits down on the boardwalk and waits for the others to bring out the reward money. He doesn't like being around guards and tries to be as non-threatening as possible.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 9th of August, 2006, 01:04
Left-Handed Bandit's Avatar
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member: #1052
Location: Promise City
Posts: 401 (0.08 per day)
Jose steps a couple paces away from the guards as DosSantos sits down, taking in the scene around him in this Texas morning. He notes passersby, rendering proper respect as required, and generally keeps an eye on things.

Not that anything was going to happen in this sleepy Army town.
__________________
Davy Jones, CTS
Your friendly, neighborhood Navy vet

The United States Navy: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of all who threaten it!

Extending an olive branch doesn't count when you're trying to poke the other fella in the eye.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 10th of August, 2006, 02:36
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.89 per day)
Originally Posted by Flagg Thornington "Much obliged." Buck takes a swig of brandy and waits for the contents of box 66.
Jackson downs his shot of whiskey and looks at you as you both await the revelation of box #66.

The teller returns with a locked box and a key, the manager opens the lock and takes out a wad of bills.

"This here gentlemen is the bounty on those foul men you dealt with, thank you for your help."

The bank manager counts out $1000 dollars and gives $500 to Buck and $500 to Jackson.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 22:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren