Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Public Commonness > Character Acquisition

Unread 15th of July, 2010, 14:01
Seanberry
Zombie

Member: #8277
{Interest Check} Anyone Wanna?

Well being new here while I wait for something to tickle my fancy in terms of playing I guess I could give a shot at running something. Anyone joining needs to know anything on the list I run I am rusty, a couple year hiatus from playing and like 5 from running means I may be a little slow on some of the finer uses and abuses of rules. I am looking to run one game (atleast until I get back into the GMing mindset). Right now these are all just starter ideas unless otherwise noted. I can run any of them, just some will need a couple days to sort out things like NPC's and such.

Werewolf Wild West: The Begining Years
This is a campaign starting out shortly after the cubs experience their first change. Perfect for people new to the setting and system. I have probably a years worth of PBP material prepared, not including PC imput. All cubs are either from my town of Coldrock Texas, or have some kind of reason to be there, which I am happy to help you with if you don't wanna be a local. Last Group played this TT and got to rank 1 before everything went to hell (not literally). (5 players MIN/MAX)

Shadowrun 4th Edition: I Got Two Words For You Chummer...
Basic Shadowrun game, set in Seattle and possibly other cities and towns. Have a couple Johnsons and a couple different series of runs in mind, that while need fleshing out is not a huge deal. Would need a hacker/Tas and an Infliltaror on the team, or some reasonable work around. (3-6 players Min/Max)

WEG Star Wars: The Universe is One Merciless ...
I have a couple different ideas for this one, that have been brewing and distilling for some time. All need some work, but should not take me to long to get ready given interest. I'd be useing 2nd Ed, as it is the book I have.
A)Stormtrooper Game - Based on a Star Wars Universe Novel, you all play Stormtroopers that become sick/disollusioned with the Empire and decide to say "Screw this noise" and bail. Unfortunitly, as you all come to this conclusion, your CO discovers this and locks you up. The game starts with you all locked in a cell on an Imperial Class Star Destroyer headed back to a major system for Trial and Execusion. Era is BBY, so the Empire is still going strong, with the Rebel Alliance floating around trying to do what is right. This game would be really character driven, you all driving the story in whatever direction you want. Do you join the Rebel Alliance? Do you strike out on your own and do what you can to make a living? Do you go it alone, sticking it to the Empire like only Stormtroopers can. (3-6 players Min/Max)
B)Pre Clone Wars Set before Episode 2 but a little while, this is a game only for a group interest all in playing Jedi. The Temple has decided, much to somes dislike, to do a test run of placing multiple Padawans with a Single Master to see if the individual Padawans are each properly trained. This Campaign is going to take characters into the Clone Wars and planned to come out the other side. Semi Combat heavy, but everything will be done to speed it up whenever possible. (2-5 players Min/Max)

So those are what I am thinking. Anyone interested?

More Information to follow
Unread 15th of July, 2010, 14:04
Seanberry
Zombie

Here is the more info.

Star Wars: Stormtropper Game Meat Grinder

You all joined the Stormtrooper Corps for Different reasons, and truthfully, you knew going in the Empire didn't care why you decided to serve, only that you follow orders and follow them without question. You all graduated into the same unit.The unit was assigned to 381 Legion, and but under command of Sergent Drayen, leader of Squad Ax. The Sarges motto was simple We're as blunt of an object as you can get and still have enough edge to get the job done. Operating out of a Gladiator -Class Star Destroyer called Rage, commanded by Captian Novan.

You served with distinction at the Battle of Binkalni, a Togruta colony planet in the Outer Rim. A minor rebellion was started and put down in a total of 10 months of fighting.

After Binkalni, The Rage waited 8 months before being called to Lortrosine IX, a human world in the Expansion Region. The ruler of this planet decided the Imperal Taxes were too high and he was loosing to many skilled people to the Empire. The ruler ordered the inprisionment of all Imperial Personal and demanded the empire leave his planet alone. The Rage arrived as a response. The battle lasted 18 months. The Emporer ordered the King, his family, all the nobles and anyone with any link to the Throne to be rounded up and excuted. Ax company was responsible for that. He then ordered all members of Parlament and Government, all their family killed. The Emporers Will be done.

From there the Rage was called again and again to quell minor uprisings and other policing missions. It would be 2 years before you saw another major conflict. That conflict was the most recent one.

The Rage was called to Kaooglibro 3, an Outer Rim Colony world of mixed races, primarly Humans and Ortolans. Ax Squadren was ordered to first secure a populated residential area for a delegation of scientists. The Squad was ordered to then ensure once the scientists entered the secure zone, to allow no one in or out.

The orders were fine until after only 2 hours the screaming started. Your all not sure if you'll ever forget those screams. After 3 hours a crowd of women, children and elderly appeared trying to flee the neighbor hood. They wouldn't say what was being done, just that they wanted to get out. The also claimed their men folk had gone to stop it from continueing. Sarge, while being a callos and mean jerk when he wanted to be, at the same time refusing to allow the civilians to leave, assigned you all and Private Selanno to go check it out. As you got 500m from the premiter some of you started to notice a rancid smell and a ringing was detected by the added scanners in your helmets. The closer you got to the center the louder the tone got and the worse the smell got. The smell you semi recognized, but were puzzled by, as the units that reconed this area had not reported any dead bodies. After 10 minutes, the group had found the center of the area and discovered the source of the noise and smell. The noise was a radio/communication jammer and the smell was caused by the rapidly desolving corpes. As you all settled in you all watched as a man in a sealed hazmat suit dragged a screaming 8 year old human girl by the arm towards the machine. The dragging start at 200m. At 150m the childs nose started to bleed. At 100m, so did the childs eyes and ears. At 50m the child stopped screaming. At 25m the child looked to have been dead a little while. At 15m the man dropped the corpse when the arm would no longer hold the wieght of the rest of the body. A few other suits were recording data. After they dragged out the 3rd humanoid, Selanno and you all stopped watching. Looking at you all, Selanno pulled a thermal detonator from his belt and held it up. You all agreed and removed yours.

The explosion was devistating, rendering you all unconcious. You awoke on the Rage, in the secure med bay. When you were all cleared healthy, you were arrested for treason and dumped in the brig.

Sarge didn't make it off planet. He was given an officer out. He took it.

They tell you your headed to Coruscant for trial...and death.

Star Wars: Jedi Game - Place But We Can Change It
Your lives were always great. I mean being taken from your folks at a young age isn't great, but hey, you get to become Jedi...hopefully. First though, you have to get through being a youngling. The temple is a buzz and there are Masters actually running around when Master Kenobi came back without Master Ginn. Rumor has it, Masters Graktocca, Mako Cabaril and Reiko Dom have finally been approved with thier request to take multiple padawans and train them as a group. It was disapproved of by a few of the more stingy Masters, but they had recieved clearance a few days ago and had been spending alot of time in the youngling classes, looking over prospects. Maybe it will be you!

Werewolf Wild West: The Beginning Years

It is 1860.
The Towns name is Cold Rock. It lies between Liberty Texas and Houston
No one is sure why the towns founders chose this site in particular. Maybe it was the river to the west and the lush grass. The town was named Cold Rock for the large rock just outside of town.
This rock is cold to the touch all year round. Now you would think that people would see this as a god sent. This is not the case. No one feels at ease around this rock. People have come from far and wide to study the thing to no avail. The rock is over 2 meters tall and solid marble. Some have thought to move it. Nothing seems to be able to move it though. Horses, everyman in town, dynamite, nothing. The one time they tried the dynamite; all it did was blow away some dirt. The rock looks to go into the ground to unknown depth. Nothing is also able to chip it. Its surface is rough in a honed way.
It's a pretty average town. It has 3 streets. The main road is on the same road everyone takes while heading to Davis Town or to the Silver Star Mine. On that street are all the shops and bars in town. The other 2 are simple side streets, which hold simple homes where people who work in town but don't own businesses live. There is lots of room for more businesses and Mayor Burdet has sent word far and wide that the town is open for new business. The town is a minimum of 3 full days of riding from Davis or Silver and close to 1 to 2 weeks from the next city after that unless you take the train.
Unread 15th of July, 2010, 14:05
Seanberry
Zombie

Yea! More Info! Everyone loves info right?

Ok then...

I figured I would post some Character Creation rules for people!

Werewolf Wild West: The Begining Years
I really don't care what walk of life you come from, but if you want to make something very special (governors son/daughter) be prepared for more problems. Things like gunfighter, railroad worker, doctor, prospector, missionary, stagecoach driver, army volunteer, farmer, cowpuncher, escaped slave, gambler, snake oil salesman, scholar, and other western professions are great and I can work with anything. The other main concern is that your characters are between 13 and 18, so most of the things that can really gum up the works won't apply. Run your concepts by me if your stuck and I can add suggestions and other useful things for your background and as well, you’ll, be making people that have just learned about their status of being a supernatural. Ideally I would prefer that everyone be currently living in my town, but really I am not going to hold it against you if you want to have a different life. I have a list of all families in the area, as well as all the business owners names and occupations.

Ok so obviously with me wanting 5 players, I only want 1 of each auspice. This can be done one of 2 ways, all players sort out amoungst themselves who is gonna play what and I don't have to be involved. The other is you write up the character WITHOUT an auspice, and I will either assign or randomly (I have a moon phase die) assign you an auspice.

On Tribes, I set no restrictions, only give warnings. Try and make a White Howler and I will drop a mountian on you. Playing an Uktena or Wendigo will get you either shot, hung, beaten to death by a mob, or some other grewsome fate. Indians (and I realize the PC term for them, but I will NEVER use it during game so not using it in the describtions.) are hated and killed without punishment in this town, so if you wanna play one, plan your second character. Red Talons, ummm....ya. You can play one, but keep in mind how much they look like wolves even without Purebreed, and wolves in a cattle city/ farm town in the middle of no where are very liable to get shot and their pelt sold.

I have never liked the “inducted into a tribe” view, hence I don't use it. You are born into a tribe.

Standard build options. I award extra points based on guality and depth of background. Yes I know it means not all characters will start off at the same level, well life isn't fair and I like to reward people for putting effort into characters. Same with XP. I will try my hardest to guage a session worth of posting and award XP. Also, I do award “Bravo” XP, for those things that either cause me to modify my plans or are just epic moments/comments. These are all under my discreation, but I will randomly call in the OOC forum for votes for best Rping XP awards.

Backgrounds are always a fun one. People always wondering what is an option and what is not. Allies, Contacts, Mentor, Past Lives, Kinfolk,Familiar Spirit....you want'm, you'd better sort out who they are. If I do it you get no right to change it later if it is not what you wanted them to be. That is not to say I will not assist in flushing it out, but alot of the info is coming from you. Fetishes....ya...you want one...kk....you can have one. You want 2....kk....you can have 2. Keep in mind though inappropriate fetishes have been known to be confiscated and destroyed. Also having something like a Grand War Klaive is cool looking, but someone of higher rank will challenge you for it. Also, I am not adverse to making up all new fetishes or adapting ones in newer books to work in the Western setting. Don't bother with Totem, I'll give some starter points when it comes time for him/her and you can buy more with XP.

The last point is possessions. I have no list like Dark Ages does of what things are linked to what level of resources. If you have Resources then just submit a list of what you’d like and I will look it over and see what I think. Now in the past I have had to deal with this so I am getting it out of the way now. Unless you are oriental or a high ranking Cavalry officer YOU CAN NOT HAVE A SWORD. I have no issues letting you have guns, but people just didn’t carry swords in the west….with the 2 exceptions above… and one is out of bounds for you all.

Also I want to touch on the subject of Horseflesh. I require a minimum or Resources 2 to own a horse and please keep this in mind, unless you raised the thing from a colt and/or have the Gift: Smell of Man, they will never be truly comfortable around you. Also, it was much more popular despite what some people think to simply rent a stables horse when you need it as keeping a horse is a lot of trouble and a big deal. Obviously a cowpuncher or ranch hand would need his own, but hey it’s food for thought.

WEG Star Wars -
For Stormtrooper game – only acceptable race is straight human. However, I award a one time 1d bonus to any one skill, as a planetary bonus based on your home planet. Decide what skill gets a bonus and either choose a preexisting planet or make one up. The only skills not allowed are those banned from CC, which I will list later.

For Clone War Era: Any race known in the galaxy at the time. There are alot in the Ultimate Alien Anthology. Same rule for humans in this era as above. Some races don't even bother to ask about : Anzat, Chiss, Defel, Fallen, Hutt, Geonosian,Neti, Noghri, Onwati, Pho Ph'eahians, Psadans, Ruurians, Ssi-Ruuk, Yuuzhan Vong. The following are a list that require a very good background to get me to allow it: Anx, Celegians, Colicoids, Clawdite, Cragmoloid, Fargul, Frozian, Herglic, Ishi Tib, Kel Dor, Morseerian, Shi'ido, Skakoan, Sludir, Talz, Tarro, Thakwaash, Togorian, T'surr, Whiphid, and Yuzzem.

Regardless of Setting
add 6D to the attribute dice of the race. Choose any skills you can justify with a background. Obviously no background, and I'll only allow the most common of skills. Add 10D to your skill points. You get 3 specializations on any specializable skill (one with atleast one pip). Decide if you were born Force Sensitive or not. If so devide the free 3d into Control, Sense and Alter. Select 3 single aspect Force Powers (either Control or Sense or Alter. Note one requireing dual force rolls) For the Stormtrooper game no increase in any Force related skills and/or Powers beyond the basics.

A note on Skills.

Dexterity Skills – Merged Skills – Melee Combat and Melee Parry: This is a house rule. To me if you know how to swing it at someone, you know how to get it in the way of someone swinging one at you. Specializations can come from with attack or parry side.

Dexterity Skills – New Skill – Lightsaber – Listed by Forms: All Padawans start using Form 1, or Shii Cho. You may only begin learning a new form after learning 5d in Shii-Cho. Update cost as per any other skill. This covers attack and defence.

Knowledge Skills – New Skill – Scholar: Base skill represents book knowledge. Used when researching in a library or information database. Specializations include Biology, Antomology, Chemistry, Jedi Lore, etc, etc

Mechanical – Specialization Options – Sensors: Specific Craft or Class of ship. EG: X-Wing Sensors, Capital Ship Sensors.

Mechanical – Specialization Options – Swoop Operation: Specific Craft

Mechanical – Specialization Options – Starship Sheilds – Specific Craft, Restart

Strength Skills – Skill Clarification – Stamina: I will not accept any specialization of this skill. May not start with it over 3d.

Technical Skills – New Skill – Lightsaber Build and Repair – No specialties

Starting money is as follows.
For Stormtrooper game, you can have a few personal items, but nothing major. Any personal items have all been confiscated and secured in lockers in one of the storage areas. Your savings are negotiable, but normally I simply have you roll 1d20, then roll a d4, use the d4 multiplier as the number of 1000's. So example top end you can have 80,000 credits in your savings (rolled 20 on d20, rolled 4 on d4. 20 x 4000). I will adjust the money in savings based on backgrounds. In pocket cash (again stored with your gear) is 1d20 x 100 credits.

Your gear (unless approved changes by me based on background) is as follows:
1 suit of Stormtrooper Armor – White
1 Blas Tech E-11 Blaster Rifle
1 Blas Tech SE 14R Blaster Pistol

For Jedi Game. The same inpocket calculation will be used. You can patition for savings, but I will be lax in giving out credits. Your in pocket is your “allowance” from the order. It is not alot. It is not supposed to be. For items, submit a list of what you would like, and I will review it. I will only award 1 ....I repeat 1 starship. It will be no bigger then a Space Transport, and not a large or expensive one of those.

Basic Jedi Gear is as follows:
1 Set Jedi Robes
1 Training Lightsaber – 4d damage, green or blue in color
1 Jedi Utility belt, with the Blaster Power Pack replaced with a Lightsaber Power Pack
1 All Temperature Cloak

Shadowrun 4th Edition: I Got Two Words For You Chummer...
Character Creation Rules:
Fairly Standard BP Creation.
-550 BP (yes more then base 400)
-No more then 40 postitive/negative qualities
-For contacts if you don't give me an idea who they are I'll decide and no complaining later
- anything from Main Book, Runners Compainion, Street Magic, Arsenal, Augmentation. I have Runner Havens but have not read it, so if you add something from it tell me. If you want something from another book, I need to see the rules from the book to allow it.
- no cyber zombies....have some essence left if you go that route.

Last edited by Seanberry; 15th of July, 2010 at 14:19.
Unread 15th of July, 2010, 15:00
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

Member: #431
I'd definitely be up for a 4th ed Shadowrun game. Got an Ex-California SpecOps I've been itching to play.

Winner of the 2011 Coolest Avatar Award
Unread 16th of July, 2010, 01:14
Scythe
Bodak

Member: #2925
I'd be up for either Werewolf (Red Dead Redemption with Werewolves, what more to ask?) or Shadowrun (though I only have the 3rd edition rulebook... don't know if there are any major changes with the latest edition....)
Unread 16th of July, 2010, 05:29
Ergonomic Cat
Bodak [GM]

Member: #8160
1. I'd play in any of those. Ranking: wwww, troops, SR, Jedi

2. This should probably be in uncognitive cackling as you aren't actually recruiting fir any one game. the admins sometimes get twitchy bout that.
Unread 16th of July, 2010, 07:14
Falcon79
Ghoul

Member: #7709
been looking for a SWD6 game, unfortunetly here the two listed a little too restrictive for me, i'm in a quandry...
Unread 16th of July, 2010, 08:53
Croaker
Mohrg [GM]

Member: #7487
I will join on a Shadowrun 4th game, if it's not going to be hyper combat heavy. I'd probably play an elven covert ops, emphasis on B&E, datatheft, sniping and hand-to-hand.

Unread 16th of July, 2010, 13:17
Seanberry
Zombie

Ok so Ranking in interest so far

Primary Choice Secondary Third Meh

red_dr4g0n94 - Shadowrun --- --- ---
Scythe - Werwolf Shadowrun --- ---
Ergonomic Cat - Werewolf SWtorm Shadowrun Jedi
Falcon79 - SW Maybe --- --- ---
Croaker - Shadowrun --- --- ---

Scythe - There have been quite a few changes, both to the setting, play and Character creation. I don't know of any online resource that would give you the information, but it is not really the "same" game.

Ergnomic Cat - Well if an admin wants to move it that is cool by me, but being new, This seemed like the place to put it, as I want this thread to end with me running a game.

Falcon79 - I am sorry you feel that way, I have tried mixed games in the past and have found the other players always get frustrated with the Jedi. Maybe if I come up with some ideas for a mixed game I'll offer it, but for now all I have in mind are the ones I have offered here.

Croaker - I never design a game to be combat heavy, especially Shadowrun. Combat is going to happen, but I'm going to do everything I can to speed it up. This will include asking for 5 Speed up auto actions that I can use and roll for you to keep moving.

FYI in the Shadowrun Game my intention is to have minimum 2 "Game" forums. One will be you all planning your run. At the same "time" I going to have a seperate Forum where you can all go and screw around, living your lives. As soon as the Run is planned and finalized, I'll finish up the messing around stuff and we run the run.
Unread 16th of July, 2010, 20:48
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Member: #2780
Um, for the SW storm trooper game... The setup seems somewhat contrived. If all our characters are such psychotic heartless bastards that they can massacre countless helpless people and their families it doesn't seem very consistent that seeing someone else do it with a weird device would cause them all to commit suicide... and for that matter to survive a series of thermal detonator blasts originating from an arm length above their heads without losing a limb when their sergeant who was not near the blast somehow died.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Unread 16th of July, 2010, 21:08
Falcon79
Ghoul

not that, the storm trooper game is limited in optins, human, males only trained as infantry... jedi game is limited to... contrary to what you think i usually play non force sensitives... but prefer to have a lota creative freedom...I can live without the force sensitive option... just don't like other options i may like to try removed.

I'd go for the storm trooper game if it were expaned to include other brances of imperial service... Maybe a mutineer Imp naval crew or mixed group of imp serviceman. As an aside i prefere playing pilots.
Unread 16th of July, 2010, 21:17
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

For Star Wars I wouldn't mind playing a game that didn't involve being part part of some official organization be it Jedi, The Empire, or the rebel alliance. Course I don't have WEG. Only Revised d20.

Unread 17th of July, 2010, 05:52
Seanberry
Zombie

Shoelip - I grant you it takes a special person to be able to slaughter people dispassionatly, but I am saying these acts were done by the squad, not dictating your character individually shot children. It also happened alot in war that soliders followed orders for a time and then just came to a point where duty and honor were not enough. I tried to indicate it, but the PC's in the game were not the only members of the squad in the early battles.

I'll grant I didn't right that as well as I could have, but the squad was some distance away and would know the blast radius of a thermal detonator and to not be in it.

And the Sarge didn't die in the blast. He shot himself in the head with his own Blaster.

Falcon79 - I never said only males. I see nothing in Canon that says Stormtroopers were only men. I see no reason why a woman could not be a Stormtrooper and have no issues in allowing a female Stormtrooper.

I think nothing of your preferences towards Force or Non Force Sensitive. Some how it got missed in all my copy and pasting but each game will have a template applied to ensure you have the basic skills for either job (jedi or Stormtrooper). You make the character you want, then apply the template on top. I don't give the Template because I have found people complain about my decisions and what skills and amounts I give.

I have no issue in allowing skill setups to make you more of a pilot then a grunt. It is entirely plausable to me for you to be assigned to the Corp, with asspurations of transfering to the Naval Corps.
Unread 17th of July, 2010, 11:16
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Well the reason no females can be storm troopers is sexism. There were no female stormtroopers. Not even when they ran out of clones. The whole point of stormtroopers was to make them inoffensive to slaughter in droves as possible.

Unread 17th of July, 2010, 12:56
Seanberry
Zombie

Thankfully one of the first rules I learned in RPing "Canon is not everything."
Unread 17th of July, 2010, 16:44
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Sure but there's difference between canon and the essential feel of the series. Like making Greedo shoot at Han (and miss at point blank range from what I understand though I don't remember seeing that version) before Han killed him. Or making Darth Vader into a whiny stupid brat. Removing imperial sexism and speciesism would fundimentally change the atmosphere of the setting.

Unread 17th of July, 2010, 20:45
Falcon79
Ghoul

Also what age level would our chars be for the Jedi game? Mid-Late adolescent I assume? Just got an idea for a Padawan having second thoughts on be a jedi, but not sayin anything about it just yet.
Unread 18th of July, 2010, 04:38
Ergonomic Cat
Bodak [GM]

Originally Posted by Shoelip # Um, for the SW storm trooper game... The setup seems somewhat contrived. If all our characters are such psychotic heartless bastards that they can massacre countless helpless people and their families it doesn't seem very consistent that seeing someone else do it with a weird device would cause them all to commit suicide... and for that matter to survive a series of thermal detonator blasts originating from an arm length above their heads without losing a limb when their sergeant who was not near the blast somehow died.
Well, presumably at least some of them had been slowly building up to leaving.

But it's hard to leave the Imperial Army in any thing but a bodybag. It would take an event of enough magnitude that you were willing to die, rather than do it. Killing women and children with blaster fire ranges from distasteful to horrific, depending on the person, but even then, I'd bet if you gave someone a gun and said "I'm going to kill you in 20 seconds if that woman is still alive" there wouldn't be a lot of women left alive....

Troopers supposedly had training exercises like "There are 10 of you. There is one gun. I welcome whoever wins to the army."

There's a pretty good story in one of the Tales comics that kinda mirrors this - a trooper that starts out all gung ho, and ends up planning to join the rebellion.
Unread 18th of July, 2010, 05:02
Seanberry
Zombie

As I said, the Stormtrooper game is based off a Canon novel http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Allegiance_(novel)

I read it and thought immediatly it would make an interesting game. And really, just because you did something, doesn't mean your happy about it and don't regret it for the rest of your life. Look at people involved in a riot and do incredibly stupid things that they would never normally do. All it takes is one guy to start it, and the rest follow suit. And the first time your average grunt (especially a Storm Trooper) would not think about killing people. S/He'd do it because it is what he was ordered to do.

I agree part of the feel and allure of the Empire is the all male environment and all the potential for great dramatic RP. But when you mentioned disallowing Female toons all I can think about is a young woman, a real Ice Queen, that had her wealthly parents pull alot of strings to get her into the Corps. Despite everything EVERY trainer did to her, she made it through and became a trooper. Since then she hasn't receieved a single commondation, any hint of a promotion or anything like that. For her the killing of women and children is less of an issue, sticking it to the male chovanist JACKASSES that run this show has now become her goal. She is sick of all the hard work, the blood and sweat she has given to the Corps not being rewarded.

To me, I see that style of female PC working in this setting...but that is just me. I said I'd allow it, never said I'd be thrilled with it.

As for the Jedi game Falcon79, you would be in your late teens, no more then 18. At 18 they start looking to send you to one of the Corps if a master has not chosen you. I can see the guy sitting in the back of the class, trying to decide if this is really for him or not.
Unread 18th of July, 2010, 05:21
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

Member: #431
I should point out that, IIRC, Stormtroopers (despite how they can't hit anything in the movies) are considered elite troops in the Imperial Navy/Army. The "grunts" are those guys with the clamshell helmets.

Additionally, women did serve in imperial forces, they were just discriminated against. They could join, but they'd pretty much always get the crap assignments. Never really made sense to me, but in EU canon that's how its described.

But while I'm a big Star Wars fan, I don't have the WEG ruleset and am much more interested in the 4th ed Shadowrun game =P

Winner of the 2011 Coolest Avatar Award
Unread 20th of July, 2010, 11:48
Seanberry
Zombie

Sorry I didn't mean grunt as basic solider I meant fresh meat grunt stormtrooper fresh out of boot.
Unread 21st of July, 2010, 02:49
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

Member: #894
So much for my ShadowRun 2nd and 3rd edition stuff.

I hate game companies that do that over short periods.
Unread 21st of July, 2010, 12:24
Ergonomic Cat
Bodak [GM]

There were a good 6-7 years between editions, which is short compared to some, but not that bad.

Also, there were a lot sales of the company, handing over of control, etc - Shadowrun's history has been a crazy one of trying to stay afloat and figure out where the rights are.
Unread 21st of July, 2010, 13:01
Croaker
Mohrg [GM]

Member: #7487
I think 6-7 years is bogus, personally. Shadowrun has been a real shitshow in terms of publishing, but still, four editions in twenty years gives you an average of a new edition every five years.

Drig that, chummer. I want some fraggin' edition security when I'm expected to buy a bajillion sourcebooks.

Unread 21st of July, 2010, 13:04
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

But how else will they make you buy another bajillion sourcebooks? :p