Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Public Commonness > Character Acquisition

Unread 23rd of September, 2006, 06:11
Geisha
Skeleton

Member: #1867
High Level D&D Campaign

What starts out as a simple job quickly becomes the adventure of a lifetime for a small group of heroes. The world they have lived in is threatened by a forgotten evil which will quickly consume the planet unless it's stopped. In an event that can only be called the Apocalypse, our heroes will face off against powerful enemies, deadly traps, and overwhelming obstacles as they race to prevent it.

Will their efforts be successful? Or will the apocalypse happen and they be left with a world in ruins? Will they be able to stand up against impossible odds and prevail?

------

I am recruiting a total of six (6) players for a massive campaign. It will involve incredibly difficult challenges, betrayals, powerful foes, and a race against the clock to prevent the end of the world. There will be alot of action, and chances are at least one of the players will be killed during the campaign. This is a high risk, high reward game.

System: Dungeons and Dragons, 3.5e

Resources Allowed: Players Handbook Dungeon Master Guide, Complete Adventurer, Complete Arcane, Complete Divine, Complete Warrior.

Campaign-Specific Resources Allowed: Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting, Magic of Faerun.

Setting: The campaign will be set in Faerun. Characters will be starting at ECL 9 with 32-point buy. I expect the campaign to take players into Epic levels before it’s completed. I have run this campaign once before, it ended with the average character level being 29.

Psionics: Not allowed, no exceptions.

Timeframe: I’m aiming for this campaign to have character creation being done until or around the first week of October. The campaign will commence as soon as all the characters are made.

Posting Frequency: I will be expecting 3 updates/week and expect all players to maintain that frequency in their posting. If everybody posts more frequently, I will have no problem doing 5 updates/week or more. NOTE: I am not very available over weekends for online play, so most of the activity will occurring during weekdays.

Character Slot 1: {full arcane caster} - WanderingMagelok
Character Slot 2: {religious divine caster} - Thanos [Priest of Tempus]
Character Slot 3: {tank/meat shield} - Xaden [Centaur]
Character Slot 4: {rogue or somebody that can handle traps} - Boomlaor
Character Slot 5: {wild card, anything goes} - Anori [Hound Archon]
Character Slot 6: {wild card, anything goes} - Oneiros {Withdrawn by player}
Character Slot 7: {wild card, anything goes} - Linklegacy77

Special Requirement: I’ve been observing a lot of the games here for several weeks and have seen a lot of players abandoning games. In an effort to prevent this, I will require you to have 100 posts or more on your account to play in this campaign. There can be NO EXCEPTIONS to this rule, sorry to those of you who do not qualify.

To Get Into This Campaign:

NO MORE PLAYERS WILL BE ACCEPTED.

Questions? Post them here and I will answer whenever I can (Note – as I stated above I’m not very available on the weekends, so I may not respond until Monday).

Last edited by Geisha; 23rd of September, 2006 at 14:34.
Unread 23rd of September, 2006, 06:45
[WanderingMagelok]
Zombie

Member: #1863
Could special consideration be made for me on the 100 post thing, since I only joined recently?

I am reliable.

I would also like to play a full arcane caster. Most likely using some combination of sorcerer, blood magus, and wild mage.
Unread 23rd of September, 2006, 06:45
Xaden
Spawn of Kyuss

Member: #1668
I'd love to play, and I'd like to be the full arcane caster. While I don't need this, I would like to ask if alternate races would be allowed such as Centaurs or the anthorpomorphic creatures from Savage Species. If not, that's perfectly okay, as I said I don't need it, but if you did allow it I might want to be some weird race like a centaur, in which case I'd probably want to be the tank/meat shield. But yeah, just curious, either way I'd definetly like to join up (and if you don't allow savage species, I'll like to be the full arcane caster).
Unread 23rd of September, 2006, 06:46
Xaden
Spawn of Kyuss

Member: #1668
Dang! Two seconds too late! Maybe I'll fill one of those "wild card" roles or something. Or maybe rogue or trap-buster, don't know. Oh man, now I have to think some more.
Unread 23rd of September, 2006, 06:47
[WanderingMagelok]
Zombie

Member: #1863
I am flexible as well. Don't worry.
Unread 23rd of September, 2006, 06:49
Geisha
Skeleton

WanderingMagelok - see my post below.

Xaden - yes you can take the arcane slot if you want it. As for monsterous races, I will allow whats in the SRD/monster manuals. I don't have the Savage Species book however. So you can play your Centaur if you want, but the anthro-thingy I dont' know the rules for.

Last edited by Geisha; 23rd of September, 2006 at 07:01.
Unread 23rd of September, 2006, 06:57
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

Member: #1504
Would it be enough for someone else to vouch for Magelock? He only recently joined here, but has quite a few posts over at 3ebb. Threbb was the roleplaying site for most of some time ago...and still some today. Its just.....different now.

But, alas, I do not wish to join the game. I have strung myself to near the "breaking" point already, or I would.
Unread 23rd of September, 2006, 07:01
Geisha
Skeleton

Hmm...I'll put it into consideration. I didn't really think about players being endorsed by another player to get into this game lol.

WanderingMagelok - I'll put you on a pending list. If we don't get enough players that meet the requirement, then you'll be allowed in. I'll think about this over the weekend and let you know if you can have a slot for sure on Monday.
Unread 23rd of September, 2006, 07:08
Boomlaor
Devourer

Member: #1478
I'd like to play, I'll take the rogue/trapfinder slot.
Unread 23rd of September, 2006, 07:13
Geisha
Skeleton

You're in. So far we have:

Xaden
Boomlaor
WanderingMagelok (pending)
Unread 23rd of September, 2006, 07:16
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

Member: #894
I would be interested in this.

I would be interested in the Cleric slot (Tempus) or one of the Wild Cards (a Dwarvin Wizard).

I would like to further suggest that the wild cards be another Fighter+Wizard or a Wizard+Cleric. The Former if I play a Cleric of Tempus as he will be on the front lines half the time and the later if I get to play a Wizard.

Last edited by Thanos; 23rd of September, 2006 at 07:26.
Unread 23rd of September, 2006, 07:23
Geisha
Skeleton

You're in Thanos, but try to pick a slot soon. If you can't decide, then go for a wild card slot. It's hard to give out slots to other people that want to play if I'm stuck with somebody else trying to decide lol.

For the time being I've assigned you to one of the wild card slots. If you decide to take the religious divine caster slot I'll move you.
Unread 23rd of September, 2006, 07:26
Anori
Wight

Member: #1645
High level campaign? COUNT ME IN.

XD These ones are awesome. I'll think about what I am to play. Is there a max level adjustment, or size restrictions?
Also, is the Monster Manual allowed?

Last edited by Anori; 23rd of September, 2006 at 07:28.
Unread 23rd of September, 2006, 07:27
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

Slot options up for you Geisha.
Unread 23rd of September, 2006, 07:30
Geisha
Skeleton

Thanos - you have the divine slot.

Anori - I'm putting you into the wild card slots as those are all that's left now.

Max Level Adjustment...well I have no problem with +1 or +2, is there a specific race you had in mind?

Size Restrictions...hmmm...again I'll have to ask what you have in mind.

Bear in mind that part of this campaign will involve being in cities. If you play something that is Huge or Gargantuan you may get thrown into some akward situations (i.e. a giant strolling through waterdeep will probably knock over buildings as he's walking lol).

Last edited by Geisha; 23rd of September, 2006 at 07:33.
Unread 23rd of September, 2006, 07:32
Benicus
Brain in a Jar [Epic GM]

Member: #1716
Hey I vouch for Magelock too, though I can't play I hope you have phun!
Unread 23rd of September, 2006, 07:34
Geisha
Skeleton

I'll also say that there is some dungeon crawling, which again may be akward for over sized creatures.
Unread 23rd of September, 2006, 07:35
Anori
Wight

Well, that level adjustment won't due. my Centaur idea's down the drain. XD I'll try n' think of something else.
Unread 23rd of September, 2006, 07:37
Geisha
Skeleton

WanderingMagelok is accepted into the game in light of two other players speaking goodwill towards him.

Xaden - that puts you into the meat shield slot since he did technically post before you.

Anori - you can do a Centaur if you want. When I said I'm ok with +1 or +2 that's because most of the monster races fall into that category. A Centaur is acceptable, and Xaden may be playing one as well, so it might be neat to have a pair of Centaurs on the team I was mostly curious about what you had in mind. Honestly just about any monster race is fine with me.
Unread 23rd of September, 2006, 07:55
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

Wow, most interesting....the world is going to be saved by a bunch of Centaurs! WOOT! Climbing just about anything steep is going to be unfriendly, better hope the wizard has Levitate ;-)
Unread 23rd of September, 2006, 08:18
Anori
Wight

Awesome. I'll take a look through the manual, and see what I find. Should have an idea what I'm playing before the end of the weekend.
Unread 23rd of September, 2006, 08:27
Oneiros
Skeleton

Member: #1640
I'd be interested.

Can I play?
Unread 23rd of September, 2006, 08:31
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

Member: #1662
I'll join! However, I would like to ask why Magic of Faerun? You are aware that the book is outdated and 3.0, and all the updated information is in the 3.5 book Players Guide to Faerun, right?

Hopefully my 1569 post count is high enough....

I've got a build idea already, I'll play a mystic theurge type of character.

Last edited by Linklegacy77; 23rd of September, 2006 at 08:42.
Unread 23rd of September, 2006, 08:53
Anori
Wight

Okay, I would really like a big favor. I'd love (And I mean LOVE) to be a Hound Archon. If I could tone down some of the things to decrease the level adjustment by two, could I be one? >.<
Unread 23rd of September, 2006, 08:57
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

Doesn't anybody ever play any of the standard races anymore?