Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Linklegacy77's Games > To The Arena! To The Death!

Unread 18th of October, 2013, 10:39
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

Member: #1662
Giz-Giz: Let the Magic Begin!

Giz-Giz was filled with excitement, he was off on his own to seek out mages for the school. The prospect of sharing spells, teaching and learning from other wizards, and being in charge of a collection of arcanists had him nearly literally buzzing.

His mind swam in images of arch-magi of all types engaged in ritual casting, of battle magi dominating the arena, of necromancers directing hordes of undead, of potent transmuters shifting forms. Giddy doesn't even begin to describe it.

Eventually, Giz-Giz calmed down enough to get his bearings, and to think about his priorities: should he first pursue the battle mage? He is known to be on the outskirts of the city where he can practice without harming anyone or breaking anything important. Giz-Giz could instead pursue the necromancer he has heard of: she is employed in a local alchemy shop to pay her bills, as apparently the study of necromancy can be quite expensive. There's always the local offices of the mage guilds too, they can always be found in large enough cities.
Unread 19th of October, 2013, 11:04
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

Member: #7805
Giz-Giz decided that the first item on his agenda would be speaking with the necromancer. As they usually were in need of money, they typically were easy to convince to do things that one wanted. Additionally, they dabbled sometimes in the divine arts as well as the arcane since one usually enhanced the other when dealing with the undead.

Plus, I might be able to pick up something shiny. He thought to himself as he made his way to the alchemist's shop.
Unread 22nd of October, 2013, 12:55
Linklegacy77

Giz-Giz arrived at Eesha's Churning Cauldron, Alchemy and Apothecary shortly, and let himself into the shop. Racks upon racks of disorganized and hastily labeled potions, herbal remedies and poultices fill the store, along with the smell of freshly ground herbs. The sound of feminine humming can be heard from the back room, while an elderly woman is visible behind the counter, comparing measurements and weighing herbs on an old, worn scale. She turns towards Giz-Giz as he approaches the counter, and raises an eyebrow.

Her voice is warming and kindhearted, as she greets him, "Well now, I don't think I've ever had a kobold in my shop before, is there something I can help you with?"
Unread 23rd of October, 2013, 00:20
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

Giz-Giz giggles a little and smiles "It will still be some time before one of my lesser kin enters here. They still rely on their blood far too much to require your services." He extended a clawed hand to the woman. "The name is Giz-Giz. I am new in this city and heard from local rumor that your shop was the one to go to for exotic ingredients."
Unread 29th of October, 2013, 11:07
Linklegacy77

"Well, it's very nice to meet you Giz-Giz, I am Eesha, and I'm glad to know there are people who support me. I'm so tired of those meddling Knights of Pelorian Glory that keep coming here demanding that I close shop, as apparently the selling of herbs, poultices and potions is a crime against the gods or some such nonsense. At any rate, what ingredients are you looking for?"
Unread 29th of October, 2013, 11:37
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

"I can understand your plight, Eesha; if these knights of glory are anything like the Dragonslayers from my former home they could be quite the nuisance. As it is I am setting up a bit of a school here in the city and have need to acquire some ink for arcane transcriptions, some powdered mica, a bit of crystal in a disk shape, some charred bone...Oh, and some owl feathers if you have any."
Unread 2nd of November, 2013, 01:09
Linklegacy77

"I think we've got that, let me check with Lara, she was using the charred bone earlier."

Eesha heads into the back room, and the humming stops, a few moments pass, and a heated argument erupts. Muffled shouting can be heard, back and forth, and finally the elderly woman comes back to the front. "I'm sorry Giz-Giz, but it seems my idiot employee has used all the charred bone. I can get you the rest, but you'll need to give me a little bit of time to reshape the crystal."
Unread 2nd of November, 2013, 10:55
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

"Used it all you say? I can not begin to fathom so many uses for such an ingredient; I only know of one or two. Would it be a bother if I asked her what uses she has for such ingredients while I await the crystal reshaping?" Giz-Giz's excitement brimmed at both learning new uses for charred bone and meeting a necromancer and his tail displayed it as it flicked along the floor.
Unread 8th of November, 2013, 08:00
Linklegacy77

"There are various uses, but she's been practicing her spells. I don't know much about magic, but she's teaching herself to use it with books she bought off a wandering sage. I suppose you could go back and talk to her, please don't touch anything."

Giz-Giz hurried through the back and found a young, somewhat plain looking woman humming as she stirred a cauldron, occasionally adding a little bit of some substance or another, and causing a brief flare up. She smiles at the flare up, takes a brief whiff of the mixture, and goes back to stirring. She looks up suddenly, finally taking notice of Giz-Giz, and takes in a deep breath. "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't see you there. I don't think you're supposed to be back here."
Unread 8th of November, 2013, 13:07
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

Giz-Giz watched Lara adding her ingredients with scholarly interest attempting to discern what she was concocting. When she noticed him he bowed politely, mindful of his tail's whereabouts.

"Sorry if I broke your concentration. Eesha said I might speak with you whilst she prepares a few of my components, if that is alright with you that is." He paused for a moment. "Where are my manners? My name is Giz-Giz, scholar, wizard and dragon." he said with a warm, reptilian smile.
Unread 13th of November, 2013, 13:49
Linklegacy77

"Don't worry about it, I'm Hope, Hope Cooper. I'm a self taught mage, I work here to pay my bills and support my studies. Don't tell Eesha, but I also appreciate learning alchemy and potion making as well. Can't let it go more to her head though."
Unread 16th of November, 2013, 11:19
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

Gizi-Giz listened to Hope's story nodding at the right places "I can understand taking up a profession to further your primary goal. For example, I have taken up training young arcanists, like yourself, at a recently established gladiator school. I gives me the means and monetary income to research new spells while allowing me to teach the next generation in the arcane arts. Have you ever considered such a thing, young Hope?"
Unread 16th of November, 2013, 12:47
Linklegacy77

"I haven't, but my sister Lara won't stop going on and on about it. It's an interesting thought though, I hadn't considered having a teacher while competing. You should talk to Lara, she stormed off after Eesha told her off, should be back soon though."
Unread 17th of November, 2013, 11:12
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

"I see, I see. Would it bother you to wait here for her?" he said taking out a piece of parchment. He quickly said a few words over it and wiped a clawed hand over its surface causing his personal rune to appear on it. He handed the parchment to the young woman "This is for you, Hope. If you decide that my school is for you bring this to the old legion barracks and ask for me."
Unread 28th of November, 2013, 02:25
Linklegacy77

"Uh, thanks I guess, and no, you can wait, I don't know how long it's going to take though."

The wait turns out to be around 4 hours, but eventually a young, pale, and thin woman who looks somewhat like Hope enters the building. She walks up and embraces Hope stiffly, then they exchange a few hurried whispers. Eventually she turns to Giz-Giz, and raises an eyebrow.

"A kobold? What is this, a joke?"
Unread 28th of November, 2013, 09:36
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

Giz-Giz repressed a sigh at yet another human mistaking him for his lesser kin. "Ah, no. This is not a jest at all, Lara. Though I might appear a mere kobold, I come with an offer more serious than you perceive. I represent an organization that can offer you the opportunity to learn more about your burgeoning arcane skill and the usual fame and glory. Would you be interested in such an organization?"
Unread 9th of December, 2013, 09:29
Linklegacy77

"Um, I'll have to think about that, fame and glory isn't really my thing, so maybe. I'll get back to you if I decide to learn more, okay?"
Unread 17th of December, 2013, 12:09
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

"I shall accept that. If you decide what I offer is for you our school is based in the old military barracks. Ask for myself or Emen Teller, we are the school heads." He gave the young woman a duplicate signed card like the one he had given her sister and collected his purchases.

After exiting the shop he checked the sun's position and hoped that he had enough time to find the warmage.
Unread 1st of January, 2014, 16:53
Linklegacy77

The sun appeared to still be high in the sky as Giz-Giz left the shop, plenty of time to find Lucien Margrave, a local graduate of the War Magic Academy in the Skyfort. If his memory serves (and it usually does), Giz-Giz recalled his staying at a local inn while looking for employment. Ordinarily, graduates of that particular academy go on to join the military, so it's unusual for a Warmage to seek employment elsewhere. The possibilities cause him to positively bounce.

Giz-Giz arrives at the inn, and is directed by the bartender to a small back room, where a kempt and well dressed lean man sits reading a book at a table, a small plate of bread and cheese forgotten beside him.
Unread 4th of January, 2014, 12:22
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

"Excuse me sir." Giz-Giz said very politely tried to get the Warmage's attention, he knew what a nuisance it was to have someone interrupt while in the grips of a solid read. "I represent an organization looking to recruit skilled arcanists and had heard that you were both skilled and in the market for employment."
Unread 14th of January, 2014, 09:26
Linklegacy77

"Can't you see I'm reading? Alright, what is it then? You another mercenary group looking for someone to throw some magic muscle around? You a...."

He turns away from the book, looks back at the book, then looks back at Giz-Giz.

"You are a kobold. What is this world coming to? Okay, I'm listening."
Unread 14th of January, 2014, 13:32
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

By Bahaumut's beard, what are they teaching these wizards Giz-Giz thought at being called a mere kobold once more.

"Ah, thank you." he cleared his throat. "As I was saying, my name is Giz-Giz and I represent a gladiatorial school, Lupus Armentum, which is currently recruiting new members to its ranks and your name came up as a prospective initiate. Now, we aren't looking for just any magic muscle. Any common warlock or sorcerer can throw around spells and call themselves a battlemage; what we are seeking much more than that from our ranks, skill, intelligence, and adaptability are more key to success than simply the ability to sling a couple magic missiles."
Unread 14th of January, 2014, 17:15
Linklegacy77

"Alright, you got a pitch, let's talk. Are you the recruiter and authorized to make deals on your schools behalf? I must admit I haven't heard of Lupus Armentum before, which makes me wary. However, as I must in fact pay the bills, there are worse ways I could be doing that, and I might as well get to practice in the process. How much are you paying, and what kind of facilities have you got?"
Unread 14th of January, 2014, 23:19
Captain Gavis
Crimson Death [GM]

"We are in fact a newer school of gladiators and we currently are based in the former military barracks. I am one of the founding members as well as the primary recruiter for arcane talents; the others you will meet later if you are interested in joining. As for payment, final contracts will be negotiated with all of the founding members present and after a small demonstration. You understand, we too are going out on a proverbial limb with open recruitment and must make certain of exactly what kind of members we are recruiting so as to best place them when matches are planned. I assure you payment for all members will be fair and our group offers much more than mere money in benefits to its members."
Unread 26th of February, 2014, 13:29
Linklegacy77

"Alright, fine, I suppose I need to get a job eventually, I guess I can check it out. I'll put on a demonstration for you, but I gotta tell you, after I show off my stuff, I'm going to have some tough terms for you. Tell me where and when you want me. Before I do this though, let me be perfectly clear: I'm not doing any death matches, under any circumstances, and I won't fight for you outside of the arena."