Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Erendiox's Games > Masters of Day and Night

 
Thread Tools
  #76  
Unread 17th of November, 2004, 09:55
Lyn Nalyr's Avatar
Lyn Nalyr
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #665
Location: Some where waaay to cold.
Posts: 213 (0.04 per day)
The mages reaction to Shaedra's attack was quicker than Shaedra had anticipated, the knife was even faster. Luckly, she managed to move out of the way in time. Shaedra grits her teeth in pain as she feels the wound on her arm re-open, but despite it, Shaedra still presses the attack. She makes three attacks in quick succesion, her Goremaul flashing in the light of her anima banner. With luck this mage wouldn't dodge them all, and she would be able to take the mage down and go help the other two.


[OOC: Making 3 attacks: Dex + Melee + Specialty = 10 dice. Attack #1 (10-3=7=2, 3, 3, 3, 9, 9, 10= 4 successes) Damage dice = 18. Attack #2 (10-4=6=3, 7, 7, 7, 9, 9= 5 successes) Damage Dice = 19. Attack #3 (10-5=5=2, 2, 7, 10, 10= 5 successes) Damage dice = 19]
__________________

  #77  
Unread 22nd of December, 2004, 16:29
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Silver Wind and Shaedra

Silver Wind, you draw your weapon with eyes suddenly filled with fear. Two shots come between your blue robed enemy and your dear friend. Power and guile guide the first shot, catching the mage off guard. An awkward jerk to the side fails to put enough distance between the shot and herself. The broadhead lodges into her armor, digging into her side. She winces, but doesn't miss a step in swatting the other arrow aside with an angry shout. She pulls the arrow out of her side only to turn and duck away from shaedra's heavy swing. The goremaul catches her shoulder, knocking her back in a nonlethal but nonetheless painful strike. Her magic snaps into effect, burning more essence to avoid the next two swings.

Indurian

Indurian hangs in slow motion, his staff limply sliding off the orange DB's armor where the solar had hit him very hard. Stepping underneath the giants right arm, Indurian straightens himself upright, holding the staff vertically, focusing himself on this particular moment. With a fiery glow of sliver gold that thickens with stillness and filters to a point with the swing, Indurian makes a strike to the giant's exposed back, bringing all his fervor down in a single blow. Orange staggers forward with the blow.

Terrisque

Terrisque moves sinuously from left to right, trying to fake out his foe. His razor sharp claws lash out at unexpected moments at the white clad dragonblooded. White's eyes burn with power as he focuses his magic into effect, leaning forward to attack and apparently ignoring the strikes of his opponent. Terrisque takes advantage of this, and lashes out with all his might. One claw slices into his charm augmented skin, drawing blood. Another strikes across his face, knocking beads of sweat into the air, and leaving a deep gash along his cheekbone.

Grey Dragonblooded

Grey moves as fast as he can. Running to meet Terrisque from the side and ducking under the spider's counterswing, grey brings his blade down. Much to his horror, even his essence charged blow does not penetrate the elemental's thick, brittle carcass. He backs a step away, dodging the rest of Terrisque's sideline strikes in frustration.

White Dragonblooded

White, on the other hand, has another thing coming for the giant spider. After sacrificing his defenses upfront, the hammer wielding warrior has his weapon set on decimating his opponent. Drawing all the powers the charm combo has to offer, his hammer glows with a blinding intensity. White suddenly accelerates, feeding off the distraction made by the grey dragonblooded, and edging off at a sideward angle to make a powerful swing. His hammer sprouts huge thorns as he strikes, adding on some extra pain. The very strength of the dragons flows through him for a mere moment, harmonizing with the jade in his hammer to strike with the power of a mountain. His movement was perfect, landing him in an opportune position to strike the weak point where Terrisque's head meets his torso. The hammer lands a critical strike, the spines of his hammer ripping multiple gaping wounds in one of Terrisque's main blood pathways. The impact from the hammer sent his head reeling off to one side, lifting the entire front portion of his body in the air, only then to come crashing downward to the floor. The spider shrieks in pain as he picks himself up and scurries backward. Terrisque is suddenly in bad shape, spastically nurturing his wound while trying to stay upright after the massive concussion and bloodloss.


[OOC: Two stunt dice for Silver Wind. Initiative order: Shaedra 25, Indurian 20, Terrisque 14, Grey 14, Blue 13, Orange 13, White 13, Silver Wind 6]
  #78  
Unread 28th of December, 2004, 08:59
Lyn Nalyr's Avatar
Lyn Nalyr
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #665
Location: Some where waaay to cold.
Posts: 213 (0.04 per day)
Shaedra growls at the mage, this fight might have been over if the Mage hadn't been so blasted slippery. Thinking quickly Shaedra comes up with a plan. The Goremaul swings again aiming for the Mage. Then Shaedra goes on the defensive, hoping to lull the Mage into a false sense of security by thinking that Shaedra was done attacking.



[OOC: Making 3 attacks: Dex + Melee + Specialty = 10 dice. Attack #1 (10-3=7=5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 10, 10 = 8 successes) Damage dice = 22.Then Shaedra is holding her last two attacks till after the Mage has acted. Attack #2 (10-4=6= 2, 3, 9, 10, 10, 10= 7 successes) Damage Dice = 21. Attack #3 (10-5=5=1, 3, 9, 10, 10= 5 successes) Damage dice = 19]
  #79  
Unread 14th of January, 2005, 15:42
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Indurian

Startled by Terrisque's sudden shriek of pain, Indurian turns just to see the resolution of the white dragonblooded's devestating swing...

The elemental had better not die here.... we may need his knowledge of the caves before this is over....

Moving in to Terrisque's aid, Indurian makes a flurry of swings, intent on catching the white dragonblooded off guard for a sweep. Following through the sweep, he intends reach outward and strike grey as well. Hopefully this will keep attention away from the spider.

Blue

Summoning up a spear from the depths of her flowing blue robes, the dragonblooded wields both weapons in hand. Seeing Shaedra's arked swing out of the corner of her eye, blue activates her magic to avoid, fully prepared to make a vicious counterattack. She uses her spear to keep at length for defense and as a distraction to move up close for use of the knife.

Orange

The giant, tired of being outmaneuvered, lets loose energy to fuel his magic. His mighty weapon resonating a blazing white glow, he advances on Indurian, pouring his malace into a single essence charged blow.

[OOC: White and Grey have aborted to a defense. Terrisque is delaying.]
  #80  
Unread 17th of January, 2005, 16:40
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
Silver Wind frowned at Blue's ability to dodge so many attacks from two different directions, even if her first arrow had seemed to connect with the other woman. At least she hadn't been able to stab at Shaedra again though. Silver Wind was just reaching back for another arrow, when a shriek rang through the cavern, following quickly by the sound of something large and stiff hitting the cavern floor.

Silver Wind couldn't help herself. Reflexively, she tore her head to look at where the sounds had come from. She saw that Terresque, who had only been fighting Grey earlier, was now down while a terrible wound on his neck continued to bleed. White appeared to have come over, and with a single swing of that hammer of his, he now towered over Terresque as the spider struggled to get back to its eight feet.

Silver Wind tore her gaze back at Shaedra, who must have attacked while her attention was elsewhere. Blue was just pulling a spear out from somewhere in her robes, even as she finished moving to avoid the other woman's blow.

We have to end this soon. No, now!

Silver Wind knew that Shaedra and she were tired, that the Dragon-Blooded were not, and though Indurian and Terresque both helped to even the odds in that area, now Terresque was down and Indurian would have to fend off three opponents at once. He needed Shaedra's help, who was trying her best to strike Blue but was having a very hard time doing so. If things continued the way they were going, Indurian would be overwhelmed, and then Shaedra and herself would quickly follow.

Silver Wind gritted her teeth, realizing what she had to do, even as she dropped her bow to the ground and kicked Kheervis into motion. Before the bow had even fallen to the ground, her valiant steed was galloping with all of his speed towards the battle between Shaedra and Blue. A rider would normally use either the reigns or their knees to guide a mount they rode. But the current situation, which involved and elemental and several demi-gods, was far from normal. Silver Wind sent a quick mental picture to Kheervis of what he was supposed to do, even as she released the reigns to rest her hands on the saddle and kicked her feet out of their stirrups.

A couple second later, she gave a quick shove with her hands, and Silver Wind momentarily rose off her saddle into the air. During that split second, she kicked her feet under her to rest on the saddle as if it was the ground itself. She landed, now standing upright on the saddle of her speeding familiar. Even as she landed though, she saw that she was getting close to Blue and reached down to draw the sword resting at her waist.

Unconquered Sun, if you are listening, please hear my plee. Help me to save this Child of yours that we both hold so dear from those who seek to wrongfully destroy her, she prayed to her patron as she drew her blade from its sheath.

There was no way Blue could miss the sound of Kheervis bearing down on her, his hooves making a sharp clacking sound each time they struck the hard stone of the cavern floor. Silver Wind didn't have time to see if the Dragon-Blooded was able to do anything about the horse though, as she bunched her leg muscles together in a single instant of preperation. The next instant, Silver Wind launched herself off the saddle, sword still in her right hand, and moved through the air in what she hoped was a graceful backflip. The Eastern-born woman landed right where she guessed Blue to have been before Kheervis attempted to trample her, and hoped she was now in between Blue and Shaedra.

"Go! Help THEM!" Was all Silver Wind was able to shout out to Shaedra as she turned to face Blue, her sword moving to get between her and whatever the Dragon-Blooded was sending her way.
  #81  
Unread 4th of February, 2005, 13:23
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Shaedra

You step inward, shifting your weight into the hammer. While Blue was partially concentrated on Silver Wind, you know she still notices as you follow through. What you didn't expect thought, was just how well you managed to time that swing. Even more surprised is Blue, who stepped right into your feint, her magic only placing her in a worse position. Interposing her weapons in a desperate attempt to defend herself, the dragonblooded lets out a short scream of pain as Sheadra comes full round with the true attack. Thrust backward by a lack of opposite force, blue cartwheels in the air, somehow managing to turn and land in a crouched position several yards away. Barely having a moment to stand, not to mention recover the air stolen from her lungs, Sheadra swings high, a frantic blue robed girl burns her instinctual powers and barely keeps her balance as the hammer barrels past. Shaedra lunging again with great speed, shouting in her effort, and the girl, now surrounded by an intense, watery veil, exposing her true form, shifts and twists, the hammer knocking the knife from her left hand as serious injury is narrowly avoided. Blue finally looses her balance, the cold, jagged floor meeting her side. She rolls backward and resolves to a kneeling position, panting and sweating, her anima swirling and breaking. She stares up at Shaedra through the waves... her eyes are different. Dirty, hurt, and her strength obviously waning, she's much less composed than she was. No longer the swift assassin.... She's terrified.

Indurian

Indurian sprints forward toward White, who is now surrounded by a deep, sandy brown vortex, obviously triggered by his massive attack. Jumping high in the air, Indurian shouts and swings a long, downward ark. White takes a quick step back as the staff cuts a thin trench in the rock floor, loosing rocks and dust into the air. Landing, Indurian quickly lets loose a series of jabs, obviously too fast for White to overcome. After batting a few lunges away, another comes around, crashing against his armor and causing him to loose balance. Half a dozen more strike him with violent strength, which would have surely dented his armor were it not for its Jade construction. The last of the flurry, which followed a fakeout that White blindly swatted at, strikes him square between the eyes, the blow accompanied by a faint cracking sound. Before White can even cry out in pain, a sweep throws his feet out from under him. Following through, Indurian strikes suddenly at grey, several yards away. Grey reacts with disturbing certainty, his red aura seeming guiding his movements, and at the same time making it more difficult for Indurian to strike at him. As Indurian turns his attention to his new opponent, White falls straight on his back, his anima evaporating like a fountain that has run dry of water. Only a dim glow remains, like residual heat off the skin. A steady trickle of blood flows from his cracked forehead.

Orange



Shaking off the stun from the previous blow, the giant turns angrily toward Indurian. Focusing, he lifts his weapon, which is taller than even himself. It seems to expand, drawing in the surrounding cave to add to its mass and weight. Gathering to a charged peak, he brings it down on Indurian. The swift martial artist sees Orange just in time, leaping out of the way of the blow. The ground that was just below him snaps and explodes, sending cracks across the entire floor of the cave. Debris flies everywhere and dust fills the open chaimber.

Silver Wind

You ride full stride toward Blue and Shaedra, intent on intervening. Everything around you seems to blur as you focus, Terrisque's shrieks, Indurian's graceful movements, the explosion of rock and stone.... all you see is Blue and the sharp, deadly look in her eyes. Dismounting Kheervis with a breath and a prayer, you flip backward and hang in midair. Theres something intense going on below you, but you cant quite see. You hang for what feels like minutes. Finally you come full round and land on your feet. Blue kneels some 3 yards away, surrounded by a torrent of essence. "Go! Help THEM!" you shout as you turn your attention. She looks scared to you, still kneeling, straught with a dose of helplessness. Her anima is strong, but only of the moment. You can see her intensity fading already. She holds the spear still, loosely in her right hand, and her left is now bloodied and mangled, probably with a few broken fingers. Her mouth is open and she breathes heavy. Her face is covered in dirt and blood, as are her robes. She glances quickly over at the White dragonblooded on the floor, bleeding horribly, and turns back to you, half stairing at the floor with wide, hazel eyes.

Terrisque

Cut open, half blinded, and suffering a horrible concussion, Terrisque continues to stagger backward in a jagged version of his former grace. Half confused, half enraged, the massive elemental grounds his postion firmly and spews thick, black-green acid in the general direction of movement, either no longer differentiating friend from foe or simply too disoriented to have the ability. Whichever be the case, a wide screen of poison suddenly tears at everyones attention...

[OOC: Everyone in combat must make a defense roll against difficulty 3 during the next turn or be struck by acid. This attack CANNOT be parried. You may still split your dicepool to make other actions, but the defense must come first. Initiative order: Shaedra 23, Indurian 22, Grey 20, Blue 19, Kheervis 14, Silver Wind 13, Orange 13,]




Last edited by Erendiox; 4th of February, 2005 at 14:05.
  #82  
Unread 5th of February, 2005, 17:13
Lyn Nalyr's Avatar
Lyn Nalyr
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #665
Location: Some where waaay to cold.
Posts: 213 (0.04 per day)
Shaedra was glad she finally managed to hit the Dragon-Blood in blue, apparently her ploy had worked. About to swing again she pulled up short when Kheervis and Silverwind interposed themselves in her hammers path.

"Go! Help THEM!"

Realising who her friend must have been refering to, Shaedra turns as quickly as possible, just in time to see Terresque emit a spray of acid in the general direction of the fight. Almost without thinking Shaedra jumps straight up in an effort to avoid getting splashed.

Landing on her feet, Shaedra rushes the Dragon-Blood in orange armor, putting the momentum from her movement into an attack aimed at the Dragons ribs.

[OOC: Using Str+Athletics (8-1 for wound) 7 to dodge: 1, 4, 7, 8, 8, 9, 10= 6 successes. (Though if this is deemed unnacceptable as a Dodge, Shaedra will take the Acid hit cause she has a crappy Dex+Dodge pool) And Rolling to hit Orance. Dex + Melee + specialty - wounds = 9: 2, 2, 7, 7, 9, 10, 10, 10, 10 = 11 Success to hit Orange.]
  #83  
Unread 21st of May, 2005, 03:07
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Indurian

Indurian draws back and looks menacingly at Grey, examining his form closely. The magical augmentation appears as obvious. Grey is actively glowing a reddish hue which seems to repell his every attack. Before he could decide on a good method of attack, a sudden gush of green acid comes rushing at him from one side.

...crap...

He immediately vollies himself off the cave wall, up and around the line of acid. He then turns to see what's going on while keeping attention on his opponent as well.

Grey

Grey loosens up, confident in the fact that his magic is proving useful. Putting the small wound in the back of his mind, he readies himself for another lunge, only to be unfortunately confronted with the same acid. Cursing, he ducks and rolls under.

Blue

Blue takes a step backward, putting more space between herself and Silver Wind. A certain hint of fear still captivates her gaze. She turns to White, strewn on the floor in a pool of his own blood, then back to Silver Wind, even more terrified than before. Her anima power is shrinking, the deep blue glow and crash of waves waning. She doesn't move.

Kheervis

Kheervis continues running, fully aware that Silver Wind had just jump off into the frey. Not quite sure what to do, he looks around at the battle surrounding him. Seeing the oncoming acid, one action seemed apparant. Kheervis turns full round, draws back one deep gallop and lunges over the wall of danger.
  #84  
Unread 4th of June, 2005, 09:05
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
It was never simple. It was never a requirement to just defeat your enemy, to just get to the next town, to just convince someone that they might want something. There was always something else to do besides win, besides getting there, besides convincing. There was always different degrees to win, different speeds to get there, different types of convincing.

And there were always objectives to be reached that required a certain action, an action that was never really obvious. So a choice would have to be make. And since the choice was never obvious, never simply, it was often a guessing game.

No, it was never simple.

Silver Wind stared back at Blue robes, who kept looking from her to that other Dragon-Blood Indurian had dropped. The one who had dealt that blow to Terresque. She didn't look anywhere near as old as Silver Wind, but she had heard that Dragon-Blood lived a long time and only aged in the last years of their life. This woman could have been a century or two old. But she looked so young.

Still, this young woman had just been tring very hard to kill Shaedra, coming close to succedding more times than Silver Wind would ever feel comfortable with. She kneeled in pain, almost like the Lunars had not too long ago. She wondered how they were doing.

The hissing sound of something coming at her very fast came from behind her, and she only had enough time to glance behind ever so briefly before she had to react. A wall of hissing, nausous, green was coming at her. Reflexes took over, and she used a bit of the magic she had only begun to gain back to help push her as she flew to the ground and tried to roll under the wall coming at her, pulling her sword close and trying not to cut herself.

She felt a pang in her chest as she rolled. What about Blue? Would she, in her injured state, be able to dodge like she had been? And if she wasn't...

[OOC: Full dodge, spending 1 mote to use Reed in the Wind to add 2 dodge dice. 6 +2 = 8 dice (4 4 4 5 6 6 6 9) = 1 success.]
  #85  
Unread 23rd of August, 2005, 11:27
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Shaedra

You run headlong toward Orange, coiling your goremaul back for another strike. The line of acid creeps up in the corner of your eye, but you ignore it, throwing trust into your armor, and concentrating on your target. You lean your weight forward, sprinting with amazing speed despite your armor. Your vision sharpens, the world slows, and you take in a deep breath, poising to strike. With a jolt, you let your power loose, your lead step crushing the ground with a boom and your swing crushing your opponent's ribs, hurling him across the cave. The force of his collision starts a collapse, leaving him buried under masses of stone. You exhale slowly as you recycle your form. Snapping out of your trance suddenly, you turn to meet the wall of steaming acid, and throw up your arms in defense. You feel a wave of hot air hit you, accompanied by a splatter of goo against your armor. Putting the smell aside, from your forarms down to your shins, you're covered in sizzling hot acid. A sharp pain makes you remember that your breastplate does not encompass your entire body. Luckily the unarmored areas are small enough so that the acid does no serious harm. While the actual breastplate is holding up for the most part, you can see already that the shoulder guards, gauntlets, and shin padding are starting to rapidly decompose....

Indurian


Indurian draws back and looks menacingly at Grey, examining his form closely. The magical augmentation appears as obvious. Grey is actively glowing a reddish hue which seems to repell his every attack. Before he could decide on a good method of attack, a sudden gush of green acid comes rushing at him from one side.

...crap...

He immediately vollies himself off the cave wall, up and around the line of acid. He then turns to see what's going on while keeping attention on his opponent as well.

Grey


Grey loosens up, confident in the fact that his magic is proving useful. Putting the small wound in the back of his mind, he readies himself for another lunge, only to be unfortunately confronted with the same acid. Cursing, he ducks and rolls under.

Blue


Hesitating still, she watches as Silver Wind shoots her a sad glance before she moves to avoid. Turning to the wall of acid, she stares, almost as if she was deciding whether or not to move. A tear runs down one cheek as she strains and forces herself to her feet. Gripping her spear hard in her good hand, she jumps high over top, fliping gracefully in midair, then landing on the other side. She then turns back to Silver Wind.

Kheervis


Kheervis continues running, fully aware that Silver Wind had just jump off into the frey. Not quite sure what to do, he looks around at the battle surrounding him. Seeing the oncoming acid, one action seemed apparant. Kheervis turns full round, draws back one deep gallop and lunges over the wall of danger.


Silver Wind


You take one last look at Blue before you duck and tumble. You realize too late that you miscalculated slightly. You catch some acid on your left shoulder, which immediately starts to eat through your blue shirt and into your arm. You end your tumble on one knee, wincing in pain as the sharp burn starts to slowly dull. Looking quickly at it, there wasn't much acid on you to begin with, and you're just glad you didn't get a full dose.

Terrisque


Acid dripping from his maw, Terrisque settles back, breathing heavily and shaking with pain. Blood is still pouring from the wound he recieved not long ago. On the whole he seems to be calming down, but his behavior hardly inspires anyone to venture near.


[OOC: Silver Wind has taken 1L damage from the acid and is at -1 for use of her left arm until it heals. Orange is buried in rocks and knocked out of combat. Terrisque is no longer participating actively in combat. Initiative for next round:
Indurian 25, Grey 18, Blue 15, Silver Wind 15, Kheervis 11, Shaedra 7]






  #86  
Unread 23rd of August, 2005, 12:36
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Indurian


Indurian bobs back and forth, trying to read his opponent's movements. He lets the staff hang limp in his hand, his form relaxed, then he strikes. Siphoning essence for his technique, his two strikes leave streaks of white lighting in their wake.

[Using "one weapon 2 blows" (dex4+marts5+bonus3=12) (attack 1: 1,2,2,4,4,4,6,6,6,10,10 = 4 successes) (attack 2: 1,2,2,6,6,7,8,9,9,9,10,10 = 9 successes)]

Blue


Looking around in the wake of the acid she sees nothing but defeat. Orange's body crashes into the cave wall, chunks of stone and dust covering what might possibly be his grave. White is completely still, his aura now completely gone, his blood pooling on the cold floor. Grey is overwhelmed with Indurian and the artifact he wields. Only she is left, wounded and drained. There seems nothing left to consider. She takes one last look at Silver Wind. On the outside, there is hate in her eyes, the hate that all of the realm have for anathema, but truly deep down there is only sadness. She turns full round, and runs down the passage the way she came.

  #87  
Unread 27th of August, 2005, 09:43
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
Silver Wind grimaced at the sight of the sizzling green goo eating through her clothes to her shoulder, but it seemed like her new status as a Solar exalt again saved her. Her skin, though suffering from burns, seemed to keep the acid from burning through her entirely, which it probably would have done had she been mortal.

Silver Wind looked over as Blue turned and fled from the battle. A warrior might have given chase, but a warrior Silver Wind was not. She looked over at the main battle, and saw that Orange was gone, a new pile of large rocks near the wall providing a good idea of where he was now. Both Indurian and Shaedra still stood, as did the last Dragon-Blood, Gray.

They should be more than enough to handle him. Silver Wind looked over at Terresque and decided that, in his wounded state, she should probably make him a bit more lucid before he attacked the Solars once again. Slowly approaching the enormous, and now bleeding, spider, Silver Wind put her hands up, as if they would protect her in case the spirit decided to spray more of his noxious acid at her.

"Terresque, calm down. If you make another attack like that, and the deal I made with you may become void. And I'm sure that you do NOT wish the wrath of Heaven upon your head."

[OOC: Leaving combat, since two combat-oriented Solars should be able to handle an exhausted DB. Charisma + Presence roll to make Terresque calm down. 7 dice ( 1 1 4 5 7 7 9) = 3 successes]
  #88  
Unread 16th of October, 2005, 12:43
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)

Indurian bobs back and forth, trying to read his opponent's movements. He lets the staff hang limp in his hand, his form relaxed, then he strikes. Siphoning essence for his technique, his two strikes leave streaks of white lighting in their wake. Grey's magic deflects the charm, defending the first blow, but the second strike comes full round and knocks him backward, phasing him. Blue suddenly flees back down the passageway, catching Grey's eye as he quickly recovers the blow.
"Lacuna!?!" He shouts out, still struggling to hold his guard.

Silver Wind turns to Terrisque. She speaks calmly but firmly.
"Terresque, calm down. If you make another attack like that, and the deal I made with you may become void. And I'm sure that you do NOT wish the wrath of Heaven upon your head." Terrisque responds slowly, his voice more deep and abrasive than ever before. "The sons and... daughters of the dragons.... how dare they enter my domain.... MY domain..." He seems incoherent but apparantly he's not up for spraying any more acid at the moment. Meanwhile Kheervis circles the battleground, keeping his distance from danger but not straying too far from Silver Wind.

Shaedra quickly starts tearing off her armor shards, the acid sizzling away. She manages to pull off enough acid covered garments to avoid any real injury. She immediately grabs her goremaul and faces the Grey dragonblooded alongside Indurian.


Outnumbered and overpowered, Grey gives ground, obviously thwarted. He turns again to the blue glow fading into the darkness of the cave. Seeing no acknowledgement, his disbelief turns suddenly to anger.
"Lacuna! You coward! Tepet BITCH!"

He turns back to the warriors closing in on him. He makes no move.

[OOC: Combat is over unless someone still wants to make an aggressive action.]



Last edited by Erendiox; 18th of October, 2005 at 12:16.
  #89  
Unread 19th of October, 2005, 11:25
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
Uh-oh. Silver Wind's worry was actually made worse with Terresque's words. It seemed the spirit was somewhere between lucid and hallucinating, and that meant things had become very, very precarious. They needed to get these Dragon-Blooded out of here, now. Else Terresque might mistake the Solars for Dragon-Blooded and attack them.

And they still needed his help getting out of here.

"Indurian," she said, talking in River-speak so he could understand her. "Don't attack the Dragon-Blood." She said the same thing to Shaedra.

Silver Wind looked over at Grey. He was beat, and knew it. He had to know it. He had come in with four of his fellow Dragon-Blooded, and his infantry support. His infantry had either died or fled, two of his fellow Exalted were dead, and the other had fled. Only he was left, facing three Solars, two of them with powerful artifact weapons.

"Kheervis," she said, and the horse was back at her side in a few scant seconds. Climbing up onto the silver-coated stallion, she moved over to the Dragon, stopping just in front of her two companions, between them and the Dragon-Blood.

Hm. The Dragon-Blood had spoken before, but she had only understood a word or two. That probably meant it had been their native tongue, High Realm. Well, hopefully this one can speak Low Realm or Riverspeak as well.

"Do you understand me," she asked him in Low Realm. The Dragon-Blood nodded.

"Good. I'm going to be blunt, because we don't have much time. You, and your companions, have lost. You fought and failed. The woman," Silver Wind nodded towards the tunnel where Blue had disappeared down. "Had enough sense to flee with her life. Your two friends, on the other hand," she looked at the pile of rocks and the still form of White, "did not."

"So here's the deal. You never come after us again, and we let you leave with your life. It's as simple as that. We find you hunting us again, and I'll let my two friends here have their way with you."

Silver Wind hoped Grey would make up his mind soon. Now that their fighting had stopped, she could here the sound of ferocious combat in the distance. Probably the Lunars. Maybe they weren't as good as Shaedra had counted on.
  #90  
Unread 5th of November, 2005, 15:04
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Grey hesitates, his eyes moving from Silver Wind's firm gaze to Shaedra and Indurian, weapons at the ready. He turns back to Silver Wind, and you can see in his eyes he is no fool. He smirks slightly, sheathing his blade slowly, and motions in surrender.

"It seems the powers that be have underestimated... This soldier of the realm yields to you, and as sanctioned by your word, I will be on my way."

He takes a few steps backward, then turns and starts to walk back down the passage. He faces you as he leaves, his expression more serious.

"I'd consider this a very temporary victory. You may not see my face again, but the wyld hunt does not rest. They will seek you out until they gaze upon your chilled corpses. You haven't seen the last of us..."

With that he breaks into a brisk run, obviously to catch up with someone farther down the passage. He disappears into the darkness.

Everyone breathes a sigh of relief. The storm of battle has finally ceased... or so it seems. Just as your thoughts turn to address Terrisque and the Lunars, you all hear rocks shift and a heaving step hit the floor. Everyone turns, too late it seems in this fragile moment of time. Shaedra, caught by surprise and without a weapon in hand, is decked by Orange's Tetsubo, his bloody, muscular mass emerging like lightning from the rubble. The dragonblooded's eyes are murder, his movements ghastly and quick. Shaedra falls to the floor and Orange reels his massive weapon back again, Silver Wind his next victim. His rage is cut short as a barb of acid from the side belts him into the air. He falls to the ground, roaring in agony as the last of his life is eaten away.

Shaedra is bleeding badly. The blow had smashed open her temple and most the the side of her head. She isn't moving.
  #91  
Unread 8th of December, 2005, 15:09
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
The world moved in a crawl again. It was like when Blue had been trying her best to kill Shaedra. Silver Wind seemed to see everything in slow motion, saw Orange, covered in cuts and bleeding despite his massive armor, swing his massive weapon for her friend. Except this time there was nothing she could do. She had dropped her bow back at the cave entrance, and Kheervis would never be able to get them there fast enough to stop the Dragon-Blood. Silver Wind could only watch in horror as the weapon slowly streaked towards her fellow Solar.

And in the instant that the hammer connected, time sped back up, returning to normal. Shaedra fell, and Orange drew his grand goremaul back, looking at Silver Wind with a terrible, murderous glint in his eye.

Thankfully though, someone was able to react faster than she would have been able too. An attack, and judging from the green ooze it had been from Terresque, hit Orange and sent him flying. But Silver Wind didn’t care.

"SHAEDRA!"

In the time it took for Orange to go from standing to lying on the ground, Silver Wind had leapt off of Kheervis and was at Shaedra’s side. The other woman was bleeding badly, with her temple and one side of her head cracked open.

She had to do something! Her knowledge of the medicinal arts was limited to mostly illnesses and the occasional injury one experienced in a lifetime. She’d seen a head injury from a horse like this before, and the man had died after a couple of agonizing days. Silver Wind could only pray and hope that the Exaltation upon Shaedra would allow her to survive.

But Shaedra was still bleeding. Silver Wind wanted to treat her immediately, but then she remembered her company. A Solar with…questionable moralities at best, and a Spirit who, though seemed to be gaining his lucidity back, might still be too wobbly to identify between friend or foe. Silver Wind would stand a better chance if she got out of here now. But she would have to carry Shaedra then, and the woman might bleed to death in that time!

No. Silver Wind might not feel comfortable here, but she wasn’t going to let that risk Shaedra’s life for her own, probably unnecessary, feelings.

Indurian,” she called out to him in Riverspeak. “Go find the Lunars. Help if they need it, then bring then back here.” She looked at the other Solar and said one more thing. “And make sure you come back with them.

With that she turned her attention fully to Shaedra, and started trying to patch the other Solar up.
  #92  
Unread 25th of December, 2005, 15:54
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Indurian takes another look at Shaedra, a rare line of concern shaping his brow, then nods to Silver Wind and bolts down the cavern toward the Lunars. It may have been one of the only times the insurgent ever took a command without question. As he fades into the darkness, Terrisque lets out a pained sigh as he lowers himself into a resting position. His breathing is still staggered and short but he seems somewhat more composed than before. Turning from his wound to Silver Wind, he speaks slowly.

"My lady.... apologies for my.... outburst.... .... .... I hope the fact that... your life was saved by my own... can make it up to you."


The tone of his voice carries his freakish form of amusement. You can tell he'd be grinning right now, had he a proper human mouth. He turns more serious.

"I'm afraid I.... must now retire from this fight. My condition demands so... I must look after my domain.... as you must tend to your own... "

Terrisque rises to his feet, stretching high whatever dignity he can possibly retain, then turns and limps slowly back toward the center of his lair. His voice is louder and clearer, carrying down the passageway.

"The dragonblooded have been been foiled for the moment, but you will without doubt be under their grasp in the future. Keep close your friends chosen of the sun, ... and never venture to this place again."

His sleek form melts into the velvet darkness, the last you see of Terrisque Pallidum.


You try your best to concentrate and stop Shaedra's bleeding. After a few minutes, you start to feel just how dark and cold the cave is. It's dank and lonely. If it wasn't for Kheervis' company you don't know how well you'd handle it. Faint sounds and rumbles come from the direction Indurian traveled. The battle must still be going on. Your attention is suddenly torn back to Shaedra as she begins to shift and breathe loudly. Her eyes open...
  #93  
Unread 12th of January, 2006, 08:35
RelentlessNight
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #663
Posts: 537 (0.10 per day)
Eyes flutter and slowly focus on the visage overhead, looking up groaning quietly. Pain throbbing through her temples and down the left side of her head. Groggily, attempting to sit upright with everything seeming out of place.

One heck of a blow... A face... familiar... but who?

Attempting to vocalise for a minute and feeling the rest of herself out for any further injury, she looks quizzically at the person showing such great concern. Her vocal cords themselves feel a little rusty and unfamiliar as she mouthes silently, forming words first before saying them. Her voice a containing a hint of roughness that was not present previously.

"What happened? ....And.. who are you?"

  #94  
Unread 12th of January, 2006, 09:32
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
Thank the Unconquered Sun.

The relief Silver Wind felt when Shaedra opened her eyes was almost too much for her to bear. She had managed to stop the other Solar's bleeding fairly easily, but she didn't have enough knowledge to risk trying to actually heal the wound. She had been afraid the blow might have killed Shaedra outright. But just as her hopes rose up, Shaedra's words transformed them into fear.

"You don't... you don't..."

Silver Wind stopped without finishing, a sinking feeling in her stomach. The blow to the head had done more than just wound the Solar physically. It had apparently affected her memory as well.

Still, she was alive.

"My name is Silver Wind," she said with a slightly resigned and worried tone to her voice, similar to how a parent telling their child an action was dangerous for the 50th time would sound. "You received a rather nasty blow to the head thanks to him." She nodded over to Orange. Maybe seeing the large Dragon-Blood would help job her memory.
  #95  
Unread 12th of January, 2006, 09:46
RelentlessNight
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #663
Posts: 537 (0.10 per day)
Her eyes are filled momentarily with a flash of recognition before her expression is replaced with one of disappointed puzzlement.

"Silver Wind? I.. you look familiar, but.. no... I dont know where from. I'm... I'm...". Her voice drops to a soft whisper.

"I don't seem to have a name... or a past...". A look at the body of Orange only brings back the memory of a splitting pain in her head, the word Terrestrial and a flash of dislike. "What was my quarrel with this one? Terrestrial? Why would one of the Dragon Blooded be chasing me?"

[OOC Edit: Changed wording after conversing w/red]

Last edited by RelentlessNight; 12th of January, 2006 at 09:56.
  #96  
Unread 12th of January, 2006, 10:17
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
"Empress be damned," Silver Wind swore, her face contorting into frustrated anger. The expression was one not suited to the normally gentle woman's face, making it seem unnatural, with the anger just that much more apparent because of it.

Shaedra didn't seem to remember ANYTHING for the most part. She recognized Orange as a Dragon-Blood, showing that she at least knew some things. But was that all she knew, or did she know everything and just not remember knowing it? Or would it come back to her slowly?

There was no way of knowing except to experiment, and they didn't have time for that. They need to get out of this cave, probably out of this mountain entirely, before more Dragon-Blooded came. That meant they would have to find the Lunars, and Indurian too, and possibly help them with their battle.

So much to do and an unknown amount of time to do it in. To compound the problem, neither Shaedra, Kheervis, or herself had had any sleep if what felt like ages. They had gotten lucky that Shaedra had had enough energy left for that Spell, and Indurian wasn't as tired as they were. They probably wouldn't be that lucky again.

Sighing, Silver Wind wiped the anger from her face, despite the lingering frustration their situation was causing. She tried to replace it with her normal look of calm confidence as best she could as she looked at Shaedra directly.

"That is a good question, and I am sure you have many more that I would love to answer completely, but we don't have the time. This place is not safe for us, and we have a few companions we must retrieve before we can leave. I know you are injured, and it pains me to force you to move even as you are recovering, but we must move now if we are to get to safety in time."
  #97  
Unread 12th of January, 2006, 10:37
RelentlessNight
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #663
Posts: 537 (0.10 per day)
The woman with no name stands to her feet slowly, mental faculties turned outward for the moment with the litany of problems endangering their very survival. Taking stock of herself and her belongings, looking over the deceased Dragon-Blooded briefly for anything which may be of use.

The colour seems to drain out of her face and eyes as her fingers close around the hasp of the goremaul resting lightly on her fingertips, the golden glitter calling forth certain facts about who goes around with weapons and armor fashioned of gold yet weighing barely nothing.

A single shuddering "...oh..." escapes her mouth as the metaphorical jade piece drops and she mentally marshall's her forces.

Anathema! However... survival first, then the questions. This woman does seem to know me so I will follow her to safety. For now.

"I have my... weapon.... my armor and belongings... do you have everything YOU need?"

[OOC Perception+Awareness= 10, 8, 8, 6, 2, 2 = 4 successes. Am not going through his pockets, but a glance-over to see anything that would be useful.]

Last edited by RelentlessNight; 12th of January, 2006 at 10:58.
  #98  
Unread 12th of January, 2006, 10:58
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
Silver Wind backs away from Shaedra to give her room when the taller woman stands up. She still didn't know how much the other woman remembered, and it would be good to watch her for her reactions to various things. She didn't like the look the other Solar was giving her, something between distrust and resignation.

If I woke up and didn't remember anything, I suppose I would be careful of whom to trust as well. And I didn't really give her a lot of information to go on.

Shaedra's reaction to her possession of her Orichalcum items wasn't a good sign however. Something akin to fear and revulsion. Like the looks the Dragon-Blooded had given them when they had revealed themselves as Solars...

You aren't a terrible demon! Don't be afraid! You're glorious and beautiful and you've saved my life more than I can count. I WANT to tell you everything. I...just...can't right now.

"I only have to retrieve my bow. I dropped it back towards the entrance when I had to rush to...to save you." Silver Wind's voice dropped to a whisper at those last words, as she looked away from the Dawn-caste. Almost like she was ashamed to mention the fact.
  #99  
Unread 12th of January, 2006, 11:12
RelentlessNight
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #663
Posts: 537 (0.10 per day)
Sighing and resigning herself to her apparent fate, the nameless woman makes sure she is clear of Silver Wind and hefts her weapon experimentally.

The maul seems... well.. to fit preternaturally to the contours of her grip. The orichalcum yes, not gold, but orichalcum. How do I know that? glittering in the light both on her breastplate and her weapon. The soft whir of the goremauls' massive head pushing air aside feels soothing to her ears, settling her nerves. Taking three swings, each more decisive than the previous. The final one an uppercuting smash striking an invisible foe before she drops her pose.

Trying to keep her expression neutral: A.. warrior... it seems. How much blood will be on my hands before I am safe?

"You saved me Silver Wind? Then I am in your debt and it will be repaid. It seems that although I dont conciously remember my past, my body does."

She focuses her attention on the Dragon Blooded once more.

[EDIT: Fixed grammar and sentence structure.]

Last edited by RelentlessNight; 12th of January, 2006 at 11:36.
  #100  
Unread 12th of January, 2006, 12:11
red_dr4g0n94's Avatar
red_dr4g0n94
Nightwing [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Member: #431
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,489 (0.27 per day)
"...when I had to rush in to...to save you." The statement rung hollow in Silver Wind's ears. She HAD rushed in to try and save Shaedra, but before she had even gotten there the Dawn caste had delievered an all but crippling blow to Blue. Silver Wind had directed Shaedra to help Indurian, who was fighting both Grey and Orange, and the other Solar had went more or less readily.

If anything, Silver Wind had saved Blue instead of Shaedra. So really Shaedra didn't owe her anything. But because Shaedra DID think she owed Silver Wind a debt, she was more willing to go along with her. And right now, time was of the essence. Silver Wind decided not to correct herself on the matter. For now at least. At some point, when they were a bit safer, she would tell Shaedra. And deal with the other woman's reaction then.

Silver Wind looked around the cavern, now that she had a bit to think, and that was when everything hit her. The bodies of the dead mortals, along with the two Dragon-Blood, Orange and White. Those black butterflies Shaedra had sent crunching underneath her boots. Blood was everywhere, including some of Shaedra's on Silver Wind's breeches.

It was too much. All the death and destruction was bad enough, but now Shaedra had lost her memory. and Silver Wind had just lied to her, something she never would have done normally. She had to get away. Away from the death. Away from Shaedra.

"I'm going to go get my bow," she told the Solar, any hint of her feelings lost in the cool demenor of leadership she was being forced to don. "When you're finished, just climb on Kheervis' back and come over to where I am." She turned to Kheervis, who could feel her uneasiness and was worried for her.

"Kheervis, wait for Shaedra. When she climbs up on your back come get me."

That said, Silver Wind started moving towards the entrance to the cavern where she had dropped her bow.
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 22:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren