Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > crueldespot's Games > Jiangu!

 
Thread Tools
  #51  
Unread 10th of October, 2007, 00:29
Boomlaor's Avatar
Boomlaor
Devourer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1478
Location: St. George, UT
Posts: 1,151 (0.26 per day)
Urging Gizerak to follow suit, Takeshi rides out and begins healing the group, beginning with Flarrgj.
  #52  
Unread 10th of October, 2007, 07:24
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
With the sphinx out of reach above him and the remaining mercenaries galloping away faster than he can catch them, Fugen moves over to the charred body of Hangyakunin and retrieves the wand he had used earlier, holding it out for Termix to grab and use quickly.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #53  
Unread 11th of October, 2007, 17:51
The Alcotroll's Avatar
The Alcotroll
Stout Yeoman [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Member: #512
Location: Inside your OODA loop.
Posts: 2,147 (0.42 per day)
Bending her bow once more, Kierna looses another arrow in an attempt to encourage the sphinx on its way.
__________________
"Is French kissing not kissing with tongues? And is French cricket not cricket with tongues?"
  #54  
Unread 11th of October, 2007, 20:56
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
2:10 Close the Distance

Jiangu!, Chapter 6, Scene 2:10 Close the Distance

Kierna addresses the Sphinx with a volley of arrows and wounds it twice more. Flarrgj chases after the mercenary fleeing on foot, and calls upon his legendary barbarian speed to close the distance and chop down his foe.

Takeshi chases after the racing Flarrgj. Gizerak runs south to join Kierna and Nimdor. Termix closes the distance to catch up with Fugen just as Fugen retrieves the wand.

As the six remaining enemy soldiers cross the plaza, the mercenaries veer left towards the road leading up to the palace. The militia veer right, towards the road leading down the mountain. “Where are you going, cowards!” call the mercenaries, indignantly. “We won’t be trapped up there with you, waiting for death!” answers one of the militiamen. “Angara Mainu may claim my soul, but he can’t have it today!” replies another as they ride away.



OOC
6,2:10 (1d20=14, 1d20=15, 1d20=12, 1d20=10, 1d20=14, 1d20=2, 1d20=14, 1d20=3, 1d20=5, 1d20=10, 1d20=4, 1d20=5, 1d20=10, 1d20=11, 1d20=11, 1d20=6, 1d20=4, 1d20=19, 1d20=18, 1d20=11, 1d20=5, 1d20=13, 1d20=3, 1d20=14, 1d20=20, 1d20=17, 1d20=3, 1d20=12, 1d20=20, 1d20=1)

Round 5 (Cont’d)
16 Kierna 1505E/10N Lost 16hp to Fireball damage in round 2 and 15 pts in round 3. Shoots Heiracosphinx. Rolls 14+mods, 15+mods, and 12+mods (inc range). 2 hits. Damage 8+7=15 total.
16 Termix 165E/65S Took 8 pts fireball damage in round 2. Took 7 pts fireball in round 3. Runs south
15 Nimdor 155E/35S. Took 16 pts fireball damage in round 2.
15 Flarrgj 165E/70S. Took 16 pts fireball damage in round 2. Took 15 pts fireball in round 3. Took 10 pts of arrows in round 3. Charges 80ft and attacks Merc6. 10+mods. Hits. 10 pts of damage. KOd.
04 Fugen 170E/70S. Mage armor in effect. Moves to Hangyakunin’s body and picks up wand.
03 Takeshi 195E/65S. Took 16 pts fireball damage in round 2. Daisuke took 8 pts fireball damage in round 2. Healed 8hp in round 4.

Round 6
22 Gizerak 155E/10N. Runs south.
21 Mercenary 6. Took 15 pts from fireball round 4 and 10 pts from Flarrgj in round 5. KOd and bleeding. Horse took 31 pts from fireball. KOd and bleeding.
21 Mercenary 7. Took 31 pts from fireball round 4. Dead. Horse KOd and bleeding.
21 Mercenary 4. Took 31 pts from fireball round 4. Dead. Horse KOd and bleeding.
21 Mercenary5. Gallops away 240 ft.
21 Mercenary 8. Gallops away 240 ft.
21 Mercenary 9. Gallops away 240 ft.
21 Mercenary Sergeant (11). 31 pts fireball round 4. Dead. Horse KOd and bleeding.
18 Militia 1. Gallops away 240 ft.
18 Militia 2.. Gallops away 240 ft.
18 Militia 3. Gallops away 240 ft.
18 Militia 10. 15 pts from fireball round 4. KOd and bleeding. Horse dead.
17 Hangyakunin 170E/75S. Dead.
17 Heiracosphinx. 582.5E/42.5S/Alt 20. 9 pts from Kierna arrow and 7 pts from Fugen kick in round 4. 15 pts from Kierna in round 5. Flies east at top speed.


  #55  
Unread 13th of October, 2007, 00:19
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
Taking the wand from Fugen, Termix turns it on the mercenaries who had been supporting the traitor.

For Fugen's part though, there isn't much he can do. All three groups are well beyond the range of his pitiful sling so he remains close to Termix, ready to defend the mage should one of the enemies decide to turn back.

[OOC: Fugen readies an action to attack any enemy who moves to threaten Termix, taking a 5' step to reach them if necessary.

Suggestions for inactives:
Termix takes the wand from Fugen and uses it to cast fireball on the group of mercenaries to the southeast. Place fireball to catch as many of the mercenaries as possible.

Kierna should move towards the sphinx (obviously stopping at the edge of the cliff if she reaches it) and fire at it until it is out of range.

Gizerak should continue moving towards Flarrgj, healing him at the first opportunity.]
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman

Last edited by Black Plauge; 13th of October, 2007 at 00:23.
  #56  
Unread 13th of October, 2007, 23:18
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
2:11 Scorched

Jiangu!, Chapter 6, Scene 2:11 Scorched

Kierna’s effort to chase after the sphinx is in vain. Her shot misses, and the sphinx is flying at top speed. It is now almost 800 feet away.

Termix takes the wand from Fugen and aims it at the fleeing mercenaries. The fireball erupts in their midst, burning them all thoroughly, but it does not kill any of them. They ride on, scorched.

Both groups of enemies must slop their pace in order to turn onto the road as they escape the plaza, the militia to the southwest heading downhill, and the mercenaries to the southeast heading up to the palace.

Gizerak continues running towards Flarrgj to heal him.



OOC
6,2:11 (1d20=6, 1d20=4, 1d20=15, 1d20=13, 1d20=4, 1d20=6, 1d20=5, 1d20=8, 1d20=12, 1d20=4, 1d20=15, 1d20=5, 1d20=4, 1d20=7, 1d20=18, 1d20=14, 1d20=1, 1d20=1, 1d20=8, 1d20=7, 1d20=1, 1d20=19, 1d20=16, 1d20=18, 1d20=17, 1d20=18, 1d20=10, 1d20=1, 1d20=17, 1d20=17)

No map. All of the foes being engaged are at long range now.

Round 6 (Cont’d)
16 Kierna 185E/10N Lost 16hp to Fireball damage in round 2 and 15 pts in round 3. Moves and shoots Heiracosphinx. Range less than 440. –6 range mod. Misses with 6+ mods.
16 Termix 165E/65S Took 8 pts fireball damage in round 2. Took 7 pts fireball in round 3. Takes wand, Casts fireball at mercs. Saving throws: Merc 5 4, Merc 5 horse 15, Merc 8 4, Merc 8 horse 6, Merc 9 5, Merc 9 horse 8. Damage 14 pts.
15 Nimdor 155E/35S. Took 16 pts fireball damage in round 2.
15 Flarrgj 245E/70S. Took 16 pts fireball damage in round 2. Took 15 pts fireball in round 3. Took 10 pts of arrows in round 3.
04 Fugen 170E/70S. Mage armor in effect. Readies action.
03 Takeshi 195E/65S. Took 16 pts fireball damage in round 2. Daisuke took 8 pts fireball damage in round 2. Healed 8hp in round 4.

Round 7
22 Gizerak 205E/45S. Runs toward Flarrgj.
21 Mercenary 6. Took 15 pts from fireball round 4 and 10 pts from Flarrgj in round 5. KOd and bleeding. Stabilize roll 12/20. Horse took 31 pts from fireball. Stabilize roll 4/20. Dies.
21 Mercenary 7. Took 31 pts from fireball round 4. Dead. Horse stabilize roll 15/20. Dies.
21 Mercenary 4. Took 31 pts from fireball round 4. Dead. Horse stabilize roll 5/20. Dies.
21 Mercenary5. Took 14 pts from fireball in round 6. Horse took 7 pts from fireball round 6. Rides away 120 ft.
21 Mercenary 8. Horse and rider took 14 pts from fireball round 6. Rides away 120 ft.
21 Mercenary 9. Horse and rider took 14 pts from fireball round 6. Rides away 120 ft.
21 Mercenary Sergeant (11). 31 pts fireball round 4. Dead. Horse stabilize roll 4/20. Dies.
18 Militia 1. Rides away 120 ft.
18 Militia 2. Rides away 120 ft.
18 Militia 3. Rides away 120 ft.
18 Militia 10. 15 pts from fireball round 4. KOd and bleeding. Stabilize roll 7/20. Horse dead.
17 Hangyakunin 170E/75S. Dead.
17 Heiracosphinx. 942.5E/42.5S/Alt 20. 9 pts from Kierna arrow and 7 pts from Fugen kick in round 4. 15 pts from Kierna in round 5. 10 pts from Kierna in round 6. Flies east at top speed.
  #57  
Unread 16th of October, 2007, 01:39
Boomlaor's Avatar
Boomlaor
Devourer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1478
Location: St. George, UT
Posts: 1,151 (0.26 per day)
Takeshi briefly considers summoning another hippogriff to pursue the fleeing enemies, but decides that his magic may be more needed at a later time, since further conflict is nearly a foredrawn conclusion. Once again, he seeks out some berries and after magically enhancing them, offers one to each member of the group.
  #58  
Unread 16th of October, 2007, 02:30
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
Maneuvering for a better angle and to maintian line of sight to the mercenaries for as long as possible, Termix lets go with another fireball from the wand, while Fugen stays with him to make sure the mage doesn't get into any trouble.

Meanwhile, Kierna fires a parting shot at the sphinx, not really expecting it to hit, but unwilling to conceed the point until the physics makes it impossible to do otherwise.

[OOC: Termix moves to improve line of sight and maximize the amount of time that the mercenaries will remain within range of the wand and then lets fires off another fireball, placing it to catch as many mercenaries as possible.

Fugen moves with Termix and readies an action to attack any enemy that moves to threaten him.

Kierna moves (if there is still room before she reaches the cliff edge) and fires one last shot at the fleeing sphinx.

Gizerak continues to close with Flarrgj, healing him if he reaches him with an action remaining.]
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #59  
Unread 16th of October, 2007, 07:36
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
Flarrgj looks around for a bow or crossbow that he can use. If he see's one he picks it up and aims at the retreating mercinaries, loosing a shot if he can.
  #60  
Unread 16th of October, 2007, 14:43
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
2:12 Aftermath

Jiangu!, Chapter 6, Scene 2:12 Aftermath

Kierna pursues the sphinx and fires one more arrow in vain before it speeds out of range.

Termix follows the mercenaries on foot, but cannot find an angle to shoot another fireball. Now that they are on the road, intervening buildings block his shot. On swift horses they too are soon out of range.

And so the strange battle is over. The heroes stand in the quiet plaza.The burned and bloody corpses of six men and their horses are clustered before them, Hangyakunin lies in the center, with the mercenary sergeant nearby, two other mercenaries and a militaman around them, with the mercenary that Flarrgj chased down a little further off.

Takeshi is able to find some berries under an ornamental shrub growing in the courtyard of the Cathedral. Once he casts his spell and returns, each of his comrades soon holds one of the strangely filling and recuperative berries.



OOC
6,2:12 (1d20=12, 1d20=15, 1d20=18, 1d20=15, 1d20=11, 1d20=2, 1d20=15, 1d20=16, 1d20=7, 1d20=16, 1d20=16, 1d20=3, 1d20=17, 1d20=7, 1d20=6, 1d20=20, 1d20=13, 1d20=5, 1d20=9, 1d20=5, 1d20=15, 1d20=3, 1d20=6, 1d20=4, 1d20=13, 1d20=1, 1d20=11, 1d20=20, 1d20=1, 1d20=19)


Kierna moves to 210E/10N and shoots at the sphinx. Rolls a 12+ mods including minus 12 due to range. Sphinx moves to 1300E/40S/Alt20, and is now out of range.

Loot:
Mercs and Militia: Breastplate x4, Bastard sword x8, Mighty shortbow (+2 str) composite x4, Arrows (220), Waterskin x4, Dagger x5, Belt pouch x4, Potion of cure light wounds x4, Alchemist's fire (flask) x4, Sunrod x4, Caltrops x4, Flint and steel x4, Saddle x5, bit and bridle, x5, studded leather armor, shortsword, shortbow,

Hangyakunin: bracers, wand of cure light wounds, club, dagger, light crossbow, 20 bolts, sunrod, spellbook, spell component pouch, scrollcase

I divulged the potion type since the group has recovered identical potions from the same band of mercenaries before.

Describe how healing will be divvied out.
  #61  
Unread 17th of October, 2007, 03:11
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
Looking over most of the gear, Fugen decides that much of it is useless to him, or anyone else in the party, for that matter, but could still be used by any evil person who happened along. Since that wasn't something that he wanted to have happen, he proceeds to gather up the weapons, armor, and superfulous camping gear, and hauls it inside the cathedral and the area of forbiddence where no evil person will be able to reach it.

The potions and alchemical items, however, he distributes around, handing one potion each to Termix, Kierna, Flarrgj, and Nimdor, while keeping the alchemical items himself.

While Fugen goes about gathering most of the gear into one place, Termix pocket's the wand of fireball that he had been using and goes to persue Hangyakunin's spellbook and check his scrollcase to see what it contains. He also casts a simple detect magic to check for magical items amongst the remaining gear once Fugen has gathered it all into one place, pulling out

Kierna takes advantage of the arrows the mercenaries so kindly "left behind" to replace the ones she fired at the fleeing sphinx.

[OOC: If the listed wand really is cure light wounds then it Takeshi should take it (as Gizerak already has one).

Also, use wand to heal Kierna (2 charges) and Flarrgj (3 charges). That probably won't bring anyone to full health, but I think it should be enough for us to get moving. We can use more wand charges up if we get into a situation where more damage is likely (or immenent) otherwise the remaining damage can be healed with leftover spells before bed tonight.]
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #62  
Unread 17th of October, 2007, 09:39
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.39 per day)
"Oh, some of this stuff is quite nice.... If you wouldn't mind, I'll take those caltrops, oh, and one of the waterskins as well."

"Oh... by the way... I..."

Nimdor collapses from his wounds.
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner

Last edited by Linklegacy77; 17th of October, 2007 at 14:12.
  #63  
Unread 17th of October, 2007, 10:45
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
Flarrgj roots around the dead body of Hangyakunin. With a critical eye he inspects the bracers, and slides them on to see if they fit.
  #64  
Unread 17th of October, 2007, 13:51
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
2:13 The Most Wounded

Jiangu!, Chapter 6, Scene 2:13 The Most Wounded

While some of the heroes sort through the gear of their fallen enemies, others assess their injuries.

Gizerak uses his wand of healing to restore the health of Flarrgj and Kierna. They are still wounded, but not as bad as others. Termix is badly burned. The most wounded is Nimdor, who now succumbs to his wounds and collapses.

Flarrgj finds that the bracers fit him if he wants to wear them.




OOC:
Flarrgj can wear the bracers but they do not stack with his armor. Kierna recovers 11 hp. Flarrgj recovers 12 hp.

XP for the fight:
Hangyakunin 400
Sergeant 300
Mercs 200 x3 = 600
Militia 100
1400/7= 200xp each.

Termix gets +2,000xp for killing the murderer of his master. He advances to level 6.

The real winner of the fight is Nimdor, who has been at –5 HP since round 2 but I failed to deduct it from his HP record…until now.

current HP
Fugen 24
Flarrgj 18/47
Gizerak 14/24
Kierna 14/34
Nimdor -5/11
Takeshi 16/24
Termix 7/22
  #65  
Unread 18th of October, 2007, 02:47
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
Reacting to Nimdor's falling unconcious, Gizerak moves to him and applies several charges of the wand to his fellow halfling. He then reassess the condition of everyone in the group and distributes out a few more charges from the wand.

Fugen, once finished stashing the weapons and armor, goes about breaking the party's camp in the cathedral. With the sphinx and the mercenaries' escape it was only a matter of time before a more heavily reinforced group showed up to try and take them out, so getting on the road quickly was highly important. As he works, Fugen thinks about the road ahead, trying to remember if there is some turn-off or building that they can use to hide should they manage to spot an enemy force coming towards them before being seen themselves.

It also might be worthwhile to return here tonight, but not to spend the night in the cathedral. If our opponents don't know about our blessing from the Five Martyrs, they may be expecting us to take refuge in the cathedral each night and thus plan to ambush us there tonight. We might be able to ambush the ambushers...

[OOC: Nimdor = 3 charges, Flarrgj = 2 charges, Kierna = 1 charge, Termix = 2 charges]
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #66  
Unread 18th of October, 2007, 05:20
Boomlaor's Avatar
Boomlaor
Devourer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1478
Location: St. George, UT
Posts: 1,151 (0.26 per day)
Takeshi assists with the preparations, muttering to himself about treason and the punishments which surely await such vile opportunists upon the return of the Emperor. As he works he considers the times he has been in the palace, trying to remember a surreptitious entrance, or a room or garden which might serve as a stronghold during a palace expedition.

[ooc everyone should have received 1 point of healing from their berry]
  #67  
Unread 18th of October, 2007, 20:33
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
2:14 Revived

Jiangu!, Chapter 6, Scene 2:14 Revived

Nimdor is revived by the healing wand, and its liberal application restores most of the vitality of the group. They are healed and nourished by chewing the magical berries from Takeshi. Nimdor and Termix are the most improved. All of their wounds have disappeared.

Termix uses a spell to analyze the loot they have gathered. He detects that the scrollcase, and spellbook have faint magical auras, and the bracers have a moderate magical aura. He further analyzes them and determines that the magic of all three is from the school of conjuration.

Fugen and Takeshi recall the road forward from their previous journeys to the palace. From this point, there is only the relatively narrow road that winds up the mountain until it reaches the north gate of the palace. There are villas and shops along the road, built into the cliff above or hanging over the precipice to the left. By imperial edict, there are no such structures for the last quarter mile before the gate. A large inn that projects far over the cliff with the help of magic is the last structure before the final unobstructed approach.



OOC
Spellcraft rolls 15,18, 15 (borrowed from unused rolls in previous installment) + mods.

current HP
Fugen 24
Flarrgj 30/47
Gizerak 15/24
Kierna 21/34
Nimdor 11/11
Takeshi 17/24
Termix 22/22
  #68  
Unread 18th of October, 2007, 22:26
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.39 per day)
"So.... uh.... Ow.... that hurt. Anyway, we should get moving as soon as we can, this base has been comprimised. In the meantime, seal up the entrance, it might stall them for a while if they think we've holed up inside."
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #69  
Unread 19th of October, 2007, 09:17
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
Flarrgj nods in agreement and starts working on blocading the enterance.

"We should get going as soon as possible."
  #70  
Unread 22nd of October, 2007, 20:51
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
2:15 Barricade

Jiangu!, Chapter 6, Scene 2:15 Barricade

The heroes pile furniture and stone fixtures to block the side and rear doors into the central chamber of the Cathedral, and rig the the pre-designed barricade trap to fall and block the main entrance once they have closed the doors after leaving.

This accomplished, they set off uphill towards the palace. The road up the mountain is about twenty feet wide. Houses and shops are built into the cliff on their right, or hang over the precipice to their left.

Soon they reach the last of these structures. An elaborate gate built into the cliff on the right is advertised as "The Cavern of Amusements" on a garish sign. To the left is a large inn that projects far out into the air, unsupported by any beams or structures. The sign over the entrance says "The Magical Inn of Imperial Hospitality." This was clearly a very expensive establishment, though it is a little faded and dusty after being abandoned through the Summer.

Beyond the Magical Inn the can see an aerial view of Dian, the Bronze River ten miles away, and the territories beyond leading up to the Northern Mountains. They have almost reached the top of Shan Mountain. The palace had been a tiny landmark in the distance throughout their adventures. Now they can look up and see its huge battlements only a quarter mile away.

Beyond this point there are no more buildings. It is only a short walk from here to the Northern gate of the Palace. This last stretch of road is the steepest.



OOC: Termix does not have bracers (or any other form of protection except a mediocre dexterity)
  #71  
Unread 23rd of October, 2007, 03:20
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
Takeshi and Fugen recall the Cavern of Amusements from earlier visits to the palace. It was a long-standing tavern, theater, gambling den, and house of prostitution. It provided an outlet for the undignified urges of those living in the palace. It was a relatively clean establishment since the Palace would not tolerate anything disreputable. The prices were reasonable, since it catered to the servants in the palace as well as the officials. Travelling entertainers who were bumped from the palace schedule or failed to pass inspection would appear at the Cavern of Amusements instead.

Now it appears just as abandoned as the other establishments along the mountain road.
  #72  
Unread 23rd of October, 2007, 12:30
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.39 per day)
"We should find a hidden area somewhere around here to camp out. I don't imagine we'll just be able to storm in and take the place quickly. We're far too outnumbered. I'm also worried about those strange creatures.... I've never faced any before. I don't know any good ways to defeat them..."
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #73  
Unread 24th of October, 2007, 00:08
Boomlaor's Avatar
Boomlaor
Devourer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1478
Location: St. George, UT
Posts: 1,151 (0.26 per day)
Takeshi pokes his head through the door of the Cavern of Amusements and looks around, sizing up the establishment. He fondly remembers a fine pear brandy he had sampled there, and remembers the last time he drained a bottle of it with the jovial owner.
  #74  
Unread 24th of October, 2007, 01:36
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
2:16 Stench

Jiangu!, Chapter 6, Scene 2:16 Stench

Takeshi's reminescence is ruined once he opens the door and encounters the overpowering stench therein. Dozens of bodies lie within the establishment, and the atmosphere has been enclosed without circulation for months. Through the murky air the heroes can see signs of looting after the patrons were slain.



OOC: Anyone entering the caverns must make a DC20 Fort save or be nauseated
  #75  
Unread 24th of October, 2007, 04:29
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
Wrinkling his nose at the stench from the Cavern, Fugen changes his mind about holing up there while Kierna and/or Nimdor scout things out closer to the gate and looks over at the Inn suspended over the ledge that he had at first dismissed as less defensible.

Maybe it won't have rotting corpses inside.

Trepidaciously, Fugen carefully opens the front door.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 16:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren