Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > crueldespot's Games > Jiangu!

 
Thread Tools
  #26  
Unread 25th of September, 2007, 03:48
Boomlaor's Avatar
Boomlaor
Devourer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1478
Location: St. George, UT
Posts: 1,151 (0.26 per day)
Takeshi notes the actions of his companions, and assuming that battle will shortly break out, begins casting a summoning spell.

ooc:
initiative 11

spells prepared:
0th create water, create water, guidance, flare, purify food and drink
1st: magic fang, cure light wounds, cure light wounds, goodberry
2nd: heat metal, bear's endurance, barkskin

sacrifice barkskin to begin casting summon nature's ally II for a hippogriff.
  #27  
Unread 26th of September, 2007, 09:45
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
2:4 Advance

Jiangu!, Chapter 6, Scene 2:4 Advance

The five mercenaries that drew their swords now begin to move forward, leaving their mounts behind in the plaza. Meanwhile the others on the flanks cover their advance with nocked arrows.

OOC
Gizerak can act before the enemies. The rest must wait until afterwards.

6,2:4 (1d20=1, 1d20=19, 1d20=16, 1d20=16, 1d20=2, 1d20=20, 1d20=16, 1d20=20, 1d20=18, 1d20=18, 1d20=14, 1d20=7, 1d20=8, 1d20=1, 1d20=11, 1d20=14, 1d20=18, 1d20=16, 1d20=19, 1d20=2, 1d20=14, 1d20=20, 1d20=10, 1d20=7, 1d20=18, 1d20=7, 1d20=13, 1d20=15, 1d20=4, 1d20=17)

Unmodified Initiative Rolls
Fugen 1, Flarrgj 19, Gizerak 16, Kierna 16, Nimdor 16, Takeshi 2, Termix 20, Hangyakunin 16, Mercenaries 20, Militia 18

Initiative
22 Gizerak 160E/35N
21 Mercenary 4
21 Mercenary5
21 Mercenary 6
21 Mercenary 7
21 Mercenary 8
21 Mercenary 9
21 Mercenary Sergeant (11)
18 Militia 1
18 Militia 2
18 Militia 3
18 Militia 10
17 Hangyakunin 170E/35S
16 Kierna 155E/40N (initiative adjusted to unclutter)
16 Termix 150E/35N (initiative adjusted to unclutter)
15 Nimdor 155E/35N (initiative adjusted to unclutter)
15 Flarrgj 150E/30N (initiative adjusted to unclutter)
04 Fugen 155E/30N
03 Takeshi 145E/35N

  #28  
Unread 27th of September, 2007, 10:35
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
2:5 Advance

Jiangu!, Chapter 6, Scene 2:5 Advance

With a cry, the five mercenaries dash forward and plaster themselves against the outer wall of the Cathedral on either side of the door. The remaining mercenaries and militiamen draw their bows and prepare for targets.

OOC
6,2:5 (1d20=19, 1d20=6, 1d20=11, 1d20=9, 1d20=4, 1d20=2, 1d20=19, 1d20=2, 1d20=10, 1d20=4, 1d20=16, 1d20=2, 1d20=12, 1d20=5, 1d20=10, 1d20=12, 1d20=9, 1d20=5, 1d20=16, 1d20=8, 1d20=4, 1d20=20, 1d20=12, 1d20=17, 1d20=14, 1d20=9, 1d20=14, 1d20=16, 1d20=2, 1d20=16)

All characters can now act for the end of round 1 (or actually the start of round 2 for Gizerak). Takeshi’s summoning will be completed this round.

Round 1
22 Gizerak 160E/35N. No action.
21 Mercenary 4 Runs to 25N/135E
21 Mercenary5. Runs to 25N/140E
21 Mercenary 6. Runs to 25N/145E.
21 Mercenary 7. Runs to 25N/160E.
21 Mercenary 8. Runs to 25N/175E.
21 Mercenary 9. Readies bow.
21 Mercenary Sergeant (11). Readies bow.
18 Militia 1. Readies bow.
18 Militia 2. Readies bow.
18 Militia 3. Readies bow.
18 Militia 10. Readies bow.
17 Hangyakunin 170E/35S. Readies spell.
16 Kierna 155E/40N (initiative adjusted to unclutter)
16 Termix 150E/35N (initiative adjusted to unclutter)
15 Nimdor 155E/35N (initiative adjusted to unclutter)
15 Flarrgj 150E/30N (initiative adjusted to unclutter)
04 Fugen 155E/30N
03 Takeshi 145E/35N. Summoning spell completed.

Round 2
22 Gizerak 160E/35N.


  #29  
Unread 27th of September, 2007, 11:53
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.39 per day)
"Damn it, retreat to the sanctuary!"

Nimdor turns around, and opens the door, rushing out as soon as possible.

<OOC: Go about as far as he can to the north. Take out crossbow as free action as part of movement."
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner

Last edited by Linklegacy77; 29th of September, 2007 at 03:17.
  #30  
Unread 28th of September, 2007, 00:37
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
Pulling out a potion of mage armor, Fugen downs it as the men close and he waits for Termix to blast the scholar figure.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #31  
Unread 28th of September, 2007, 04:56
Boomlaor's Avatar
Boomlaor
Devourer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1478
Location: St. George, UT
Posts: 1,151 (0.26 per day)
Knowing that the door will soon be barred, Takeshi modifies his spell slightly as he casts, to bring the hippogriff into being just above the robed figure's head. As soon as the beast appears and begins attacking, Takeshi steps back, out of the way, to make room for the others to back away from the door.
  #32  
Unread 29th of September, 2007, 01:21
trendel's Avatar
trendel
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1482
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 395 (0.09 per day)
Shaken from his surprise at the sudden realization that they are being hunted already, Gizerak utters his spell, then begins moving back towards the sanctuary.

OOC: Cast Bless.

Spells currently prepared:
0th:
Light, Resistance (x4)
1st: Bane,
Bless (cast), Doom, Remove Fear (x2) (Domain: Burning Hands)
2nd: Sound Burst (x2), Spiritual Weapon (Domain: Produce Flame)
3rd:
Prayer, Searing Light (Domain: Resist Energy-cold)
__________________
Je porte mon fromage dans mon slip.

---It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.---
  #33  
Unread 29th of September, 2007, 13:07
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
2:6 Eruption

Jiangu!, Chapter 6, Scene 2:6 Eruption

After the intermidable suspense as the enemies approached across the plaza, the next events seem to happen in an instant: a sudden flash of action. Termix casts a spell of scorching that blasts his former classmate Hanganyukin with a ray of fire. At the same time, the summoned hippogriff appears in the air above Hangyakunin and bites him visciously. The enemy evoker is badly injured.

The swordsmen who approached either side of the outer doors now pull the doors wide open. Hangyakunin announces “It is them! It is the henchmen! Retreat!” The swordsmen all turn and run back to their horses. Those armed with bows all fire at the hippogriff. It is struck by 4 arrows. As Hangyakunin fends off the hippogriff and mounts his horse, he raises a wand and aims it into the cathedral. With a command word he releases a ball of fire that flies amidst the heroes and explodes, engulfing them in flame. The heiracosphinx swoops down and mauls the hippogriff, finishing it off. The summoned hippogriff disappears.



OOC
6,2:6 (1d20=20, 1d20=10, 1d20=14, 1d20=4, 1d20=17, 1d20=18, 1d20=14, 1d20=9, 1d20=14, 1d20=20, 1d20=7, 1d20=3, 1d20=3, 1d20=2, 1d20=14, 1d20=6, 1d20=19, 1d20=17, 1d20=2, 1d20=8, 1d20=7, 1d20=9, 1d20=4, 1d20=14, 1d20=1, 1d20=2, 1d20=8, 1d20=1, 1d20=20, 1d20=13)

Round 1 (Cont’d)
16 Kierna 155E/40N No action. Takes 16 pts Fireball damage.
16 Termix 150E/35N Casts scorching ray at Hangyakunin. Hits with 20. 10+mod doesn’t confirm crit due to cover. 11 pts of damage. Takes 8 pts fireball damage.
15 Nimdor 155E/45N. Retreats ten feet north and opens door to courtyard. Takes 16 pts fireball damage.
15 Flarrgj 150E/30N. Readies attack. Takes 16 pts fireball damage.
04 Fugen 155E/30N. Takes out and drinks potion of mage armor. Evades fireball damage.
03 Takeshi 145E/40N. Summoning spell completed. Hippogriff appears above Hangyakunin and attacks. Steps north. Takes 16 pts fireball damage.
03 Hippogriff 175E/30S. Moves and attacks Hangyakunin. Hits with 14+mods for 6 pts of damage. Takes 30 pts damage from arrows and the heiracosphinx and is destroyed.

Round 2
22 Gizerak 160E/35N. No action.
21 Mercenary 6. 5N/145E. Opens door. Retreats towards horse
21 Mercenary 7. 10N/175E. Opens door. Retreats towards horse
21 Mercenary 4 10S/125E. Retreats to horse
21 Mercenary5. 10S/135E. Retreats to horse
21 Mercenary 8. 5S/195E. Retreats to horse
21 Mercenary 9. Fires at hippogriff. Misses with a 4.
21 Mercenary Sergeant (11). Fires at hippogriff. Hits with 17 for 6 pts. Mounts horse.
18 Militia 1. Fires at hippogriff. Hits with 18+mods for 5 pts.
18 Militia 2. Fires at hippogriff. Hits with 14+mods for 4 pts.
18 Militia 3. Misses hippogriff with 9+mods..
18 Militia 10. Readies bow. HIts hippogriff with 14+mods for 4 pts.
17 Hangyakunin 170E/35S. Spot 9+mods. Uses fireball wand. Targets 152.5E/37.5N. Unmodified Saves vs DC16: Fugen 14, Saves Flarrgj 20. Saves. Gizerak 7, Fails. Kierna 3, Fails, Linus 3, Fails, Nimdor 2 Fails, Termix 14 Saves, Takeshi 6 Fails, Daisuke 19 Saves. Damage 16 pts, Mounts horse. Fireball
17 Heiracosphinx. 175E/30S. Dives and attacks Hippogriff. HIts with 17+mods for 11 pts of damage. Hioppogriff dispelled.

  #34  
Unread 2nd of October, 2007, 00:49
Boomlaor's Avatar
Boomlaor
Devourer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1478
Location: St. George, UT
Posts: 1,151 (0.26 per day)
Takeshi responds with some heat of his own, targeting the 2 closest soldiers, then he withdraws into the courtyard.

ooc:
cast heat metal on the 2 closest living soldiers, ride Daisuke to 135E 60N
  #35  
Unread 2nd of October, 2007, 08:14
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
Flarrgj, unsure of what to do looks to his comrades for orders. "Should i follow?" He asks.

((OOC: Hold action.))
  #36  
Unread 2nd of October, 2007, 09:25
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
2:7 Fiery Entrance

Jiangu!, Chapter 6, Scene 2:7 Fiery Entrance

Takeshi's spell is unable to heat the metal armor of the fleeing enemies. He rides into the Cathedral courtyard.

The mercenaries flee to their horses and mount. Their comrades cover their retreat with a volley of arrows, and also mount their horses. Two of the arrows pierce Flarrgj.

Hangyakunin shoots another fireball from his wand and rides away across the plaza. The heiracosphix flies closer the the entrance but keeps its distance, interposed between Hangyakunin and the fiery entrance of the cathedral.

The heroes are blasted by this second ball of flame, and the cumulative effect of these explosions is starting to take its toll. Only Fugen, Nimdor, and Takeshi avoid being burned.




OOC
6,2:7 (1d20=15, 1d20=15, 1d20=10, 1d20=12, 1d20=2, 1d20=5, 1d20=18, 1d20=19, 1d20=5, 1d20=19, 1d20=2, 1d20=12, 1d20=20, 1d20=15, 1d20=6, 1d20=1, 1d20=11, 1d20=4, 1d20=19, 1d20=1, 1d20=19, 1d20=4, 1d20=11, 1d20=11, 1d20=8, 1d20=20, 1d20=12, 1d20=17, 1d20=1, 1d20=8)

Round 2 (Cont’d)
16 Kierna 155E/40N No action. Lost 16hp to Fireball damage in round 2
16 Termix 150E/35N Took 8 pts fireball damage in round 2. Took 7 pts fireball in round 3.
15 Nimdor 155E/45N. Retreats ten feet north and opens door to courtyard. Took 16 pts fireball damage in round 2.
15 Flarrgj 150E/30N. Readies attack. Took 16 pts fireball damage in round 2. Took 15 pts fireball in round 3. Took 10 pts of arrows in round 3.
04 Fugen 155E/30N. Mage armor in effect.
03 Takeshi 135E/60N. Took 16 pts fireball damage in round 2. Daisuke took 8 pts fireball damage in round 2. Casts heat metal. Only merc 6 is in range. Rolls 15 to save. Saves. Moves before fireball.

Round 3
22 Gizerak 160E/35N. No action.
21 Mercenary 6. 17.5S/157.5E. Moves and mounts horse.
21 Mercenary 7. 17.5S/177.5E. Moves and mounts horse.
21 Mercenary 4 17.5S/117.5E. Retreats to horse. Mounts.
21 Mercenary5. 17.5S/137.5E. Retreats to horse. Mounts.
21 Mercenary 8. 17.5S/197.5E. Retreats to horse. Mounts.
21 Mercenary 9. Shoots at Flarrgj. Hits with 15+mods. 6 pts of damage.
21 Mercenary Sergeant (11). Mounts horse. Shoots at Flarrgj. Misses with 10+mods.
18 Militia 1. Mounts. Shoots at Fugen. Misses with 12+mods.
18 Militia 2. Mounts. Shoots at Fugen. Misses with 2+mods.
18 Militia 3. Mounts. Shoots at Flarrgj. Misses with 5+mods.
18 Militia 10. Mounts. Shoots at Flarrgj. HIts with 18+mods. 4 pts of damage.
17 Hangyakunin 170E/75S. Uses fireball wand. Targets 152.5E/37.5N. Unmodified Saves vs DC16: Fugen 19, Evades Flarrgj 5 Doesn’t save. Gizerak 19, Saves. Kierna 2, Fails, Nimdor 12 Evades, Termix 20 Saves. Damage 15 pts. Moves away.
17 Heiracosphinx. 152.5E/0.25S/Altitude 10. Moves and readies charge.



Last edited by crueldespot; 2nd of October, 2007 at 17:25.
  #37  
Unread 2nd of October, 2007, 15:05
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.39 per day)
"Okay, let's get out of here."

Nimdor rushes out toward the sanctuary at full speed.
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #38  
Unread 2nd of October, 2007, 23:57
trendel's Avatar
trendel
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1482
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 395 (0.09 per day)
Gizerak retreats to the inner portion of the sanctuary.
__________________
Je porte mon fromage dans mon slip.

---It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.---
  #39  
Unread 3rd of October, 2007, 01:08
Canter_shadow's Avatar
Canter_shadow
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Member: #2127
Posts: 232 (0.06 per day)
Termix looks back at Hangyakunin with unremitting hatred, and launches a flaming sphere that explodes right near him. Then, Termix turns to follow the others.


<OOC: cast fireball centered on the square in which Hangyukunin is standing.>
__________________
How could'st thou say I did it? Never shake thy gory locks at me.
  #40  
Unread 3rd of October, 2007, 02:37
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
The shock of the mercenaries actually running away once they had confirmed their identities shocks Fugen into inaction for a bit, but the wash of not one, but two fireballs soon brings him back to his senses. Of course, the fireballs don't actually hurt the nimble messenger, but the required reflexive movements to avoid their heat act like a big jab in the ribs.

Realizing that any opponents they take out now will be that many fewer they have to deal with later, and that their percipitous retreat indicates that their opponents are probably intent on calling for reinforcements, Fugen steps out into the plaza, hoping that his own bravery will convince his companions to stand and fight, and that he can bait the mercenaries into sticking around instead of retreating.

[OOC: 5' step forward. Ready action to attack any opponent who comes in range, attempting to stun.]
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #41  
Unread 3rd of October, 2007, 14:15
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
2:8 Mikon Avenged

Jiangu!, Chapter 6, Scene 2:8 Mikon Avenged

The fireball explodes over Hangyakunin. Once it dissolves the heroes see his charred remains slough out of the saddle piece by piece. And so Termix puts an end to the traitorous apprentice. Mikon is avenged!

The rest of the patrol continues to withdraw. Those armed wth bows maintain a barrage against Fugen who has stepped out into the plaza, but not a single arrow nears its mark. The sergeant and several mercenaries dismount to recover Hangyakunin’s body. The heiracosphinx takes to the air, flying over the patrol as it moves back across the plaza.



OOC
6,2:8 (1d20=18, 1d20=8, 1d20=3, 1d20=10, 1d20=12, 1d20=5, 1d20=17, 1d20=19, 1d20=3, 1d20=17, 1d20=1, 1d20=16, 1d20=1, 1d20=8, 1d20=1, 1d20=8, 1d20=3, 1d20=1, 1d20=11, 1d20=10, 1d20=12, 1d20=7, 1d20=12, 1d20=9, 1d20=16, 1d20=8, 1d20=19, 1d20=12, 1d20=13, 1d20=14)

Round 3 (Cont’d)
16 Kierna 155E/40N No action. Lost 16hp to Fireball damage in round 2
16 Termix 155E/95N Took 8 pts fireball damage in round 2. Took 7 pts fireball in round 3. Casts fireball and retreats. Hangyakunin saves with an 18+mods. Horse fails with 8+mods. Damage 22 pts. Hangyakunin takes 11. Hangyakunin killed. Horse disabled.
15 Nimdor 155E/85N. Took 16 pts fireball damage in round 2. Runs out into the courtyard.
15 Flarrgj 150E/30N. Readied attack. Took 16 pts fireball damage in round 2. Took 15 pts fireball in round 3. Took 10 pts of arrows in round 3.
04 Fugen 155E/30N. Mage armor in effect. Steps forward and readies attack.
03 Takeshi 135E/60N. Took 16 pts fireball damage in round 2. Daisuke took 8 pts fireball damage in round 2.

Round 4
22 Gizerak 155E/75N. Retreats to the sanctuary.
21 Mercenary 6. Rides away. Recovers body.
21 Mercenary 7. Rides away. Recovers body.
21 Mercenary 4 Rides away. Recovers body.
21 Mercenary5. RIdes away
21 Mercenary 8. Rides away
21 Mercenary 9. Shoots at Fugen. Misses with 8+mods. Rides away.
21 Mercenary Sergeant (11). Rides to hangyakunin. Recovers body.
18 Militia 1. Misses Fugen with 8+mods. Rides away
18 Militia 2. Misses Fugen with 3+mods. Rides away.
18 Militia 3. Misses Fugen with 10+mods. Rides away.
18 Militia 10. Misses Fugen with 12+mods.
17 Hangyakunin 170E/75S. Dead.
17 Heiracosphinx. Takes off.


  #42  
Unread 4th of October, 2007, 00:00
Boomlaor's Avatar
Boomlaor
Devourer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1478
Location: St. George, UT
Posts: 1,151 (0.26 per day)
Takeshi calls upon the spirits of nature to heal him as he rides back out toward the exit to assist his companions.

ooc:
cast cure light wounds on self, move to 35n 150e
  #43  
Unread 4th of October, 2007, 09:36
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
  #44  
Unread 4th of October, 2007, 13:02
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
Flarrgj, lacking anything better to do, sprints towards the enemies, ducking and dodging the arrows, sword brandished.

((OOC: Double move, run preferably (cant remember if i can do that in combat or not), towards the larger group on the right.))
  #45  
Unread 5th of October, 2007, 04:06
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
A quick assessment of the distances involved lets Fugen know that he can't reach the downed evoker's apprentice without exposing himself to the sphinx, so he decides to try for that first despite the lesser chance of it forcing at least some of their opponents to try and stick around. At the same time he hopes that Flarrgj's foolish charge doesn't get the half-baked barbarian killed.

[OOC: Charge sphinx. Unarmed strike attempting to stun.]
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #46  
Unread 5th of October, 2007, 09:20
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.39 per day)
"You actually killed him!?!?" Nimdor's voice is quite awed, and he quickly changes strategy.

They no longer have their magic user, and they are pulling back... we can pursue for a short distance, and then switch bases if we have to.

Nimdor turns back and runs toward them.
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #47  
Unread 6th of October, 2007, 05:18
The Alcotroll's Avatar
The Alcotroll
Stout Yeoman [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Member: #512
Location: Inside your OODA loop.
Posts: 2,147 (0.42 per day)
Slightly left behind by the pace of events, and stinging from the burning touch of the fireball, Kierna stumbles outside in Fugen's wake and fumbles with her bow, aiming an arrow at the Sphinx and hoping her luck holds.

[OOC: Outside and loose an arrow at the Sphinx. Dice-roller hates me, so you can do the honours.]
__________________
"Is French kissing not kissing with tongues? And is French cricket not cricket with tongues?"
  #48  
Unread 6th of October, 2007, 10:10
Canter_shadow's Avatar
Canter_shadow
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Member: #2127
Posts: 232 (0.06 per day)
I'd better help them, but at least I know that I've avenged my master, and we won this fight.

Termix rushes back out, and launches a second ball of flame right into the midst of all the foes.

<OOC: cast fireball centered on 175E/75S>
__________________
How could'st thou say I did it? Never shake thy gory locks at me.
  #49  
Unread 6th of October, 2007, 19:47
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
2:9 Jump Into The Fire

Jiangu!, Chapter 6, Scene 2:9 Jump Into The Fire

No sooner has Termix’ bright ball of flame flashed then Flarrgj races into the billowing smoke and reaches the burned corpse of Hangyakunin. All those around him are dead, with their horses also dead or bleeding their last. One wounded mercenary is able to leap from the saddle of his dying horse and flee.

Kierna shoots the hieracosphinx, and Fugen runs across the plaza to deliver a flying kick to the creature. The startled hieracosphinx flaps its wings to gain altitude and flies away.

All of the other members of the patrol spur their horses to gallop away, endeavoring to cross the plaza as fast as possible.



OOC
6,2:9 (1d20=12, 1d20=15, 1d20=13, 1d20=2, 1d20=13, 1d20=3, 1d20=9, 1d20=18, 1d20=13, 1d20=3, 1d20=7, 1d20=4, 1d20=17, 1d20=20, 1d20=14, 1d20=8, 1d20=6, 1d20=6, 1d20=7, 1d20=5, 1d20=8, 1d20=14, 1d20=13, 1d20=20, 1d20=15, 1d20=14, 1d20=9, 1d20=7, 1d20=7, 1d20=13)

Round 4 (Cont’d)
16 Kierna 1505E/10N Lost 16hp to Fireball damage in round 2 and 15 pts in round 3. Moves and shoots at Heiracoshinx. Hits with 12+mods for 9 pts of dmg.
16 Termix 155E/35N Took 8 pts fireball damage in round 2. Took 7 pts fireball in round 3. Moves south and casts fireball on 175E/75S. 31 pts of damage! Saving throws: Merc6 15 saves, Merc6 horse 13 fails. Merc7 2 fails, Merc7 horse 13 fails, Hangyakunin’s body auto fails, Merc4 3 fails, Merc4 hourse 9 fails, Militia10 18 saves, Militia 10 horse 13 fails, Merc11horse 3 fails, Merc11 7 fails, Hangyakunin’s horse 4 fails.
15 Nimdor 155E/05N. Took 16 pts fireball damage in round 2. Runs south.
15 Flarrgj 165E/70S. Readied attack. Took 16 pts fireball damage in round 2. Took 15 pts fireball in round 3. Took 10 pts of arrows in round 3. Runs.
04 Fugen 155E/35S. Mage armor in effect. Charges and leaps into the air to attack Heiracosphinx. Hits 1ith 17+mods. Sphinx saves vs stun natural 20. Not stunned. damage 7.
03 Takeshi 150E/35N. Took 16 pts fireball damage in round 2. Daisuke took 8 pts fireball damage in round 2. Casts CLW on self. Moves. Heals 8 pts.

Round 5
22 Gizerak 155E/75N. No action.
21 Mercenary 6. Took 15 pts from fireball round 4. Rolls 14+mods ride skill check to leap from saddle of falling horse. Succeeds. Runs away 80 ft. Horse took 31 pts from fireball. KOd and bleeding.
21 Mercenary 7. Took 31 pts from fireball round 4. Dead. Horse KOd and bleeding.
21 Mercenary 4. Took 31 pts from fireball round 4. Dead. Horse KOd and bleeding.
21 Mercenary5. Gallops away 240 ft.
21 Mercenary 8. Gallops away 240 ft.
21 Mercenary 9. Gallops away 240 ft.
21 Mercenary Sergeant (11). 31 pts fireball round 4. Dead. Horse KOd and bleeding.
18 Militia 1. Gallops away 240 ft.
18 Militia 2. Gallops away 240 ft.
18 Militia 3. Gallops away 240 ft.
18 Militia 10. 15 pts from fireball round 4. KOd and bleeding. Horse dead.
17 Hangyakunin 170E/75S. Dead.
17 Heiracosphinx. 222.5E/42.5S/Alt 20. 9 pts from Kierna arrow and 7 pts from Fugen kick in round 4. Flies away (withdraw). +10 ft altitude.

  #50  
Unread 9th of October, 2007, 15:01
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
Flarrgj quickly and effieciently moves to silence the remaining Mercinary, fronwing that he is unable to stop the others as he would like.
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 18:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren