Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > crueldespot's Games > Jiangu!

 
Thread Tools
  #101  
Unread 14th of August, 2007, 13:44
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
The sublties of the religius factions are lost on Flarrgj, but he understands enough to be suspicius of the man, and looks to Gizerak for confermation of his suspicion.
  #102  
Unread 15th of August, 2007, 00:51
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.39 per day)
"It's simple really. I saved him, and now he owes us. We're sufficiently stronger than he is, especially now, that he won't try anything. Since he is also an enemy of our enemies, I anticipate he won't attempt to betray us at least until our foe is defeated."
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #103  
Unread 15th of August, 2007, 05:48
trendel's Avatar
trendel
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1482
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 395 (0.09 per day)
Grimacing with the new knowledge of who this man really is, Gizerak scowls while speaking to the others.

"By the glory that is the Four Royals, I will not ally myself with this man. Though you have saved him, I do not believe that we can trust him. Repaying debts is for those that hold honor as dear, and I do not know that the Stars of Power are honorable enough for that."

"I am not willing to let him sound an alarm to our enemies though, and I have enough goodness in me that I can not kill him in cold blood. If the rest of you feel the same, let him walk the same path as us, but I will not offer him aid, nor take it from him."
__________________
Je porte mon fromage dans mon slip.

---It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.---
  #104  
Unread 15th of August, 2007, 06:13
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
Unsure of how to handle the potential conflict, but definately not wanting to wait for those who were supposed to come "check up" on their victim, Fugen focuses on the course of action he can figure out and urges every one to mount back up and move on to put some distance between themselves and the altar.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #105  
Unread 15th of August, 2007, 13:08
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
22 Dai Peng Staggers

Jiangu! Chapter 6:22 Dai Peng Staggers

The heroes remount and ride off along their original route, following the path down the hill towards the road.

Dai Peng, still unhealed and naked, staggers after them. Dismounted and injured, he is quickly left behind, but does not cry out.

The intersection with the highway is visible at the bottom of the hill. The sun is now up and there is a light fog from the morning dew.



OOC: With only one move action a round while disabled, Dai Peng has an effective move rate of 15 vs the henchmen's move rate of 40 mounted.

Any special instructions once you reach the highway? Order of march or anything like that?
  #106  
Unread 16th of August, 2007, 00:24
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.39 per day)
"Gizerak, you may not like him, but at least make sure he's got something to wear."
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #107  
Unread 16th of August, 2007, 06:21
trendel's Avatar
trendel
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1482
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 395 (0.09 per day)
"If I had items to spare, I would have trouble even doing that. Does anyone have anything for him? If not, then there is nothing more we can do for him."

The halfling cleric proceeds to turn in his saddle, still visibly upset just at the presence of Dai Peng.
__________________
Je porte mon fromage dans mon slip.

---It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.---
  #108  
Unread 16th of August, 2007, 11:07
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
23 The Highway

Jiangu! Chapter 6:23 The Highway

The heroes turn left onto the highway, and quickly put a mile between them and the secluded shrine where they found Dai Peng. Looking over their shoulders, the heroes do not see the evil priest continuing to follow them on the highway. He must have turned off the path into the wilderness.

They know that they will be approaching an intersection that is guarded in another mile. This was revealed before the quest began, thanks to the reconnaisance conducted by the bird that Takeshi befriended. A group of humanoids overlook the intersection from behind a hederow to the west, according to Takeshi's avian scout.



OOC
Current location: 03N/06.5E. Plan for the guarded intersection?
  #109  
Unread 16th of August, 2007, 22:00
trendel's Avatar
trendel
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1482
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 395 (0.09 per day)
As they near the intersection, Gizerak maintains that they should try to avoid letting anyone know that they are there until they absolutely have to. Because of this, he suggests they take to the countryside again.
__________________
Je porte mon fromage dans mon slip.

---It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.---
  #110  
Unread 17th of August, 2007, 00:12
Boomlaor's Avatar
Boomlaor
Devourer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1478
Location: St. George, UT
Posts: 1,151 (0.26 per day)
Takeshi quietly agrees, unnecessarily reminding the group of what the Hawk had seen, and suggesting that they give the intersection a wide berth to the east.
  #111  
Unread 17th of August, 2007, 02:23
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
Signing, Fugen points out that in rescuing Dai Peng, they have already set in motion a chain of events that will result in their presence being revealed. The only thing that remained was the how and when of that revelation. Taking out the highway men, if accomplished quickly, could actually delay the revelation of their presense as they would be one less group that Dai Peng could possibly come into contact with.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #112  
Unread 17th of August, 2007, 05:32
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.39 per day)
"Fugen is correct. The other option would be to avoid them, avoid a fight, and attempt to reach the target before we are found. Even if they know we are coming, they may not know where we are coming from or where we are precisely. That is still an advantage. We also won't reveal our power to them, just that there is at least one person with skill enough to pick some locks."
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #113  
Unread 17th of August, 2007, 14:15
Boomlaor's Avatar
Boomlaor
Devourer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1478
Location: St. George, UT
Posts: 1,151 (0.26 per day)
"Unless, of course, we are betrayed by Dai Peng. He could easily report our numbers and our location to our enemies."

"It might have been easier had he not rescued the poor man," Takeshi thinks to himself, before rebuffing him for such callousness.

"If we do not attack, we run a risk of being hunted down, but we would retain the initiative. If we do attack, we allow our enemies to react. I am still in favor of stealth, though I will gladly allow our enemies to fertilize the plants they fall near at any time."
  #114  
Unread 17th of August, 2007, 17:03
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
"I think we should go stealth ruit." Says Flarrgj. "There are others who might have freed Dai Peng, so unless he reveals us, we are still free. If we kill the guards, we reveal ourselves definitly. However, i feel that Dai Peng will not remain silent." Flarrgj looks unhappy with the whole situation.
  #115  
Unread 21st of August, 2007, 10:43
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
6:24 Farmer

Jiangu! Chapter 6:24 Farmer

In order to avoid the guarded intersection, the heroes take a detour off of the freeway and circle around clockwise. They cut through farmland, crossing fields and following narrow lanes.

The heroes are travelling all in a group close together.

As they move down a narrow trail, with a hedgerow on one side and a field of barley on the other, Nimdor hears someone up ahead. As the trail turns around a bend in the hedgerow, they spy a farmer walking away from them down the trail up ahead. He carries a hoe over his shoulder and drags a basket and sacks full of weeds. The farmer continues down the trail, apparently oblivious to the presence of the large armed group behind him.




OOC

The trail is five feet wide. The hedgerow is a line of tall trees, with four feet tall bushes between them, to the right of the trail. To the left of the trail is a field of barley. The farmer is 60 feet away.

Raw spot and listen rolls
Fugen 6,11
Flarrgj 9,6
Gizerak 5,16
Kierna 2,12
Nimdor 3,19
Takeshi 8,7
Termix 6,16
Peasant 4,15

Nimdor hears the peasant considerably before the peasant hears the group.
  #116  
Unread 22nd of August, 2007, 06:09
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.39 per day)
"Shhhhh, down there."

Nimdor points at the farmer, making sure they all notice.
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #117  
Unread 22nd of August, 2007, 16:19
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
Flarrgj frowns and draws his sword slowly.
  #118  
Unread 22nd of August, 2007, 22:22
trendel's Avatar
trendel
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1482
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 395 (0.09 per day)
Gizerak does his best to keep back from where the farmer can see him. This farmer can't be very virtuous if he is still in the province so that halfling keeps himself wary.
__________________
Je porte mon fromage dans mon slip.

---It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.---
  #119  
Unread 22nd of August, 2007, 23:04
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
As Nimdor gestures ahead, Fugen quickly casts glances to both sides of the road. Quickly satisfied that the farmer was unlikely to have been tending the hedge given what he is carrying, Fugen directs his attention at the barley field, looking for possible signs of additional persons.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #120  
Unread 23rd of August, 2007, 00:15
Boomlaor's Avatar
Boomlaor
Devourer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1478
Location: St. George, UT
Posts: 1,151 (0.26 per day)
Takeshi's heart goes out to the man who reminds him so strongly of the refugees he had spent so much time helping. He nearly bolts down the trail to help him, but he notices the caution displayed by his companions, and decides to observe a bit longer.
  #121  
Unread 23rd of August, 2007, 03:23
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.39 per day)
Nimdor whispers to his companions, and draws a dagger.

"I doubt he's a danger... but it's best to be sure. Make sure there aren't others around that we can't see."
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #122  
Unread 23rd of August, 2007, 11:04
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
6:25 Farmer

Jiangu! Chapter 6:25 Farmer


Prompted by Nimdor, the heroes stop short and stay quiet as the farmer moves away from them. The noise of the horses is drowned out by the scratching of the weeds he drags behind him.

Eventually they resume their progress. They cannot avoid being spotted by other farmers from a distance during the day. A group on horseback stands out. But they are observed from so far away that there is no way the observers could make out any details to identify them. Soon they reach the highway again on the far side of the intersection they were avoiding.

Here the terrain is getting rougher. Soon the road begins to rise steeply. The palace is clearly visible from here, far above them. The road winds up the mountain. There would be no way to avoid traffic coming down from the palace. The road lies between a sharp slope up on the right, and a sharp slope down to the left. Fortunately, they do not encounter anyone coming down the mountain during their 3 hour ascent.

There are buildings along this mountain road, dug into the cliff wall on one side, or hanging over the precipice on the other. Occasionally they smell corpses as they pass these houses. The road is very well built and maintained.

The cathedral is built at the top of a spur in the mountain. Here there is a wide area for several shops, inns, and villas along the road. Standing away from these is the cathedral. It is an amazing structure- perhaps the largest religious structure that anyone in the group has ever seen. Now it is dark, and several of the stained glass windows are broken.

Termix and Kierna remember this scene. For their first mission Golock cast a spell to allow them to fly here from the dreaded tower. They rescued refugees from the cathedral where they had found sanctuary and led them down the mountain to safety. It is hard to believe that it was less than a full season ago.



OOC
Jiangu 6, 1:25. PC Move Silently followed by farmer listen roll. (1d20=8, 1d20=6, 1d20=8, 1d20=2, 1d20=18, 1d20=6, 1d20=4, 1d20=16, 1d20=17, 1d20=6, 1d20=8, 1d20=11, 1d20=6, 1d20=8, 1d20=7, 1d20=15, 1d20=20, 1d20=13, 1d20=2, 1d20=14)

Unmodified move silently rolls
Fugen 8 Horse 6
Flarrgj 8 Horse 2
Gizerak 18 Pony 6
Kierna 4 Horse 16
Nimdor 17 Pony 6
Takeshi 8 Dog 11
Termix 6 Horse 8
Farmer Listen roll 7 (famer suffers –6 due to range penalty)

Last edited by crueldespot; 23rd of August, 2007 at 18:11.
  #123  
Unread 24th of August, 2007, 01:28
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
Saddened by the suffering facade of the cathedral, Fugen forces himself to tear his eyes away from the formerly magnificent structure and to examine the smaller structures around it. In particular he looks for signs of recent occupation or activity amongst the shops and villas as well as a possible way around them to reach the cathedral proper. The idea of an ambush swarming out of from the buildings were they to approach the cathedral directly flirts with Fugen's sadness, trying to build it into a fear.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #124  
Unread 24th of August, 2007, 05:30
trendel's Avatar
trendel
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1482
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 395 (0.09 per day)
Seeing Fugen's actions, Gizerak quickly verifies what he is doing and joins in the effort.
__________________
Je porte mon fromage dans mon slip.

---It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.---
  #125  
Unread 24th of August, 2007, 09:18
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.39 per day)
"Want me to check it?"
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 17:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren