Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > crueldespot's Games > Jiangu!

 
Thread Tools
  #76  
Unread 29th of April, 2007, 19:06
The Alcotroll's Avatar
The Alcotroll
Stout Yeoman [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Member: #512
Location: Inside your OODA loop.
Posts: 2,147 (0.42 per day)
Kierna draws the bowstring to her cheek and looses an arrow at the mercenary engaging Flarrgj.

[OOC: single shot at mercenary fighting Flarrgj, using point blank shot and precise shot. [roll]1d20+13[/roll] to hit. [roll]1d8+4[/roll] damage.]
__________________
"Is French kissing not kissing with tongues? And is French cricket not cricket with tongues?"
  #77  
Unread 30th of April, 2007, 09:41
Canter_shadow's Avatar
Canter_shadow
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Member: #2127
Posts: 232 (0.06 per day)
Termix begins to chant, and moving his arms in the arcane gestures required to trigger his prepared spell. When he is finished, he holds his arms outstretched toward the enemies, and a ball of fire erupts into existance right next to his enemy, burning him badly.

<OOC: Cast Flaming sphere, creating the sphere in the same square as mercenary 4>

Wiz Spells Prepared (5/5/4/3):
Level 3: Fireball, Fireball, Dispel Magic;
Level 2: Flaming sphere, web, scorching ray, Summon Monster 2;
Level 1: magic missile x2, shield, burning hands, expeditious retreat
Level 0: Ray of Frost, Detect Magic, Detect Magic, Light, Mage Hand, Resistance
__________________
How could'st thou say I did it? Never shake thy gory locks at me.
  #78  
Unread 1st of May, 2007, 09:21
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
7:17 Assault on the Pagoda 1-2

JIANGU! Chapter 5, Scene 7:17 Assault on the Pagoda 1-2

Flarrgj cuts down the mercenary sergeant before him. The next mercenary recovers his wits from sthe sonic and attach and steps forward. He attacks with a bastard sword in each hand, which seems to be the standard method for these mercenaries. He lands one blow against Flarrgj. Two others within the pagoda fire composite short bows. One hits, imbedding an arrow in Flarrgj’s shoulder.

Termix conjures a flaming sphere within the pagoda. It burns one of the archers that is shooting Flarrgj.

Meanwhile upstairs, the archers on the balcony are alerted to Fugen’s attacks by their comrades in the sanctuary. They approach, and the archer in the lead shoots at Fugen. The arrow richochets off of the windowsill.

The priest in the sanctuary continues his ritual, ignoring the alchemist fire that singes his skin.


OOC
5,7:17 (1d20=14, 1d20=9, 1d20=10, 1d20=18, 1d20=3, 1d20=18, 1d20=12, 1d20=9, 1d20=17, 1d20=11, 1d20=19, 1d20=12, 1d20=9, 1d20=6, 1d20=17, 1d20=1, 1d20=8, 1d20=18, 1d20=13, 1d20=12, 1d20=19, 1d20=4, 1d20=5, 1d20=10, 1d20=17, 1d20=5, 1d20=6, 1d20=2, 1d20=8, 1d20=20)


Round 1 Cont’d
13 Kierna 155E/195N. Misses with a 15.
08 Flarrgj 165E/200N 34/47. Hits with 14+mods for 8 pts of damage.
07 BonQuo 190E/200N. delays.
06 Nimdor 170E/190N. No action

Round 2
22 Gizerak 155E/200N. No action.
22 Termix 155E/205N. Casts flaming sphere. Mercenary4 fails save with 9+mods. 7pts of damage.
21 Fugen 170E/195N (lvl 2) Throws alchemist fire. 1pt splash damage to BonQuo.
19 Mercenary01 170E/200N. 6 pts sonic dmg, 18 pts scorch damage, and 8 pts sword dmg in round 1. Unconscious and bleeding.
19 Mercenary02 175E/195N. 4 pts sonic dmg. Armed with bow. Shoots Flarrgj. Misses with 10+mods.
19 Mercenary03 170E/205N. Took 3 pts sonic dmg. 5 foot adjusts and attacks Flarrgj. First attack hits with 18+mods. 7 pts damage. Second attack misses.
19 Mercenary04 175E/210N. 7 pts from flaming sphere in round 2. Armed with bow. Five foot adjust and shoots at Flarrgj. Hits with 18+mods inc. cover. 5 pts of damage.
19 Mercenary07 185E/190N. Rolls a 17 vs deafening. Saves. Orders mercs 5 & 6 to check window.
19 Mercenary05. 180E/200N (2nd level). Moves and readies shot.
19 Mercenary06 180E/195N (2nd level). Moves and shoots at Fugen. Misses with 12+mods inc cover.
18 BonQuo 190E/200N. continues casting. 1 pt splash damage. Concentration check auto succeeds.

Technically, the rules allow Termix to target an area he can't see on the other side of the pagoda wall, but how did he know an enemy was there? I'm granting the benefit of the doubt this time.



  #79  
Unread 1st of May, 2007, 10:13
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
Flarrgj continues to chop through the enemies arrayed infront of him, ignoring the wounds that he is recieving with a focus that is becoming familiar.

((OOC: Power Attack Fighter 3, -2/+2))
  #80  
Unread 1st of May, 2007, 13:21
trendel's Avatar
trendel
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1482
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 395 (0.09 per day)
Taking a step to the right, Gizerak's frustration boils over at being delayed in reaching Bon-quo. Stepping forward, he hooks his thumbs together and flames shoot out from his fingertips.

OOC: move to the square north of Flaargj, and cast burning hands towards mercenary 3. I think it will also hit merc 4


Spells currently prepared:
0th:
Light, Resistance (x4)
1st: Bane,
Bless, Doom, Remove Fear (x2) (Domain: Burning Hands)
2nd: Sound Burst (1 cast, 1 left), Spiritual Weapon (Domain: Produce Flame)
3rd:
Prayer, Searing Light (Domain: Resist Energy-cold)

There is an inconsistency with the number of dierolls in this post due to editing!
__________________
Je porte mon fromage dans mon slip.

---It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.---

Last edited by trendel; 2nd of May, 2007 at 11:23.
  #81  
Unread 2nd of May, 2007, 02:57
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
Either the fire on the statue has not disrupted the spell, or I'll have no way of knowing until much later. Given that...

Damning the fact that the temple had installed actual windows, Fugen grabs one of the tanglefoot bags from a pouch and lobs it over the sentry in front of him at Bon-Quo.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #82  
Unread 3rd of May, 2007, 03:37
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.39 per day)
Nimdor remains in cover, dagger drawn, waiting for a good moment.
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #83  
Unread 3rd of May, 2007, 05:08
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
7:18 Assault on the Pagoda 2-3

JIANGU! Chapter 5, Scene 7:18 Assault on the Pagoda 2-3

Fugen’s tanglefoot bag scores a direct hit, causing the priest in the sanctuary to stick to the floor. The priest is able to maintain his concentration to keep casting. The apparent leader of the mercenaries steps up, draws his sword and uses it to start peeling the tanglefoot goo away from the priest’s feet.

The archer in front of Fugen shoots at him, but Fugen evades the arrow. The other enemy on the balcony drops his bow, draws his swords, and steps up to thrust through the window at Fugen. He misses.

Meanwhile downstairs, Gizerak burns two of the defenders with his magical flames. The mercenary in front of him retaliates with both of his bastard swords. One of the blades penetrates Gizerak’s armor to inflict a wound. Flarrgj engages this defender but fails to land a blow. As he attempts to strike, one of the archers inside hits him in the leg with an arrow.

Seeing their beloved leader wounded, the crowd of halfings and humans nearby surges forward.



OOC
5,7:18 (1d20=7, 1d20=3, 1d20=20, 1d20=14, 1d20=16, 1d20=5, 1d20=16, 1d20=3, 1d20=11, 1d20=16, 1d20=5, 1d20=12, 1d20=15, 1d20=3, 1d20=9, 1d20=8, 1d20=6, 1d20=5, 1d20=15, 1d20=17, 1d20=6, 1d20=13, 1d20=1, 1d20=2, 1d20=6, 1d20=15, 1d20=12, 1d20=1, 1d20=15, 1d20=15)


Round 2 Cont’d
13 Kierna 155E/195N. No action
08 Flarrgj 165E/200N 30/47 hp. Power attacks fighter 3. Miss with 7+mods.
06 Nimdor 170E/190N. Continues to hide.

Round 3
22 Gizerak 165E/205N. 14/24 hp. Moves. Casts burning hands. Merc 3 takes AtO. Misses with 3+mods. Saves with 20+mods. Merc 4 saves with 14+mods. Both take half damage. 6 pts.
22 Termix 155E/205N. No action.
21 Fugen 170E/195N (lvl 2). Throws tanglefoot bag. Hits with 16+mods inc –4 cover. Bon Qho reflex save 5+mods vs DC15. Fails. glued to floor. concentration check 16+mods vs DC 15. succeeds in maintaining concentration.
19 Mercenary01 170E/200N. 6 pts sonic dmg, 18 pts scorch damage, and 8 pts sword dmg in round 1. Unconscious and bleeding. 3/20. Fails to stabilize.
19 Mercenary02 175E/195N. 4 pts sonic dmg. Armed with bow. Shoots Flarrgj. 11+mods . Hits for 4 pts.
19 Mercenary03 170E/205N. Took 3 pts sonic dmg. 6 pts fire damage. Attacks Gizerak. Hits with 16 +mods. Misses with 5+mods. 10 pts of damage.
19 Mercenary04 175E/210N. 7 pts from flaming sphere in round 2. 6 pts fire damage round 3. Armed with bow. Shoots Gizerak. 12+mods inc cover. Miss.
19 Mercenary07 185E/195N. Peels goo off of BonQuo. 5 pts.
19 Mercenary06 180E/195N (2nd level). Shoots Fugen. Misses with 5+mods.
19 Mercenary05. 175E/195N (2nd level). Drops bow, draws swords while moving. Attacks Fugen. Misses with 12+mods.
18 BonQuo 190E/200N. 1 pt splash damage in round 2. Tanglefooted until round 10. Tanglefoot goo has 10 hp left. Continues casting.

Humans in crowd initiative 15+mods. Humans 3+mods. Will act in round 4.

  #84  
Unread 3rd of May, 2007, 06:20
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
Flarrgj rolls with the blow to his leg and continues to swing at his aponent.
  #85  
Unread 3rd of May, 2007, 11:36
trendel's Avatar
trendel
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1482
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 395 (0.09 per day)
Wincing at the blow from the mercenary, Gizerak draws back attempting to put distance between himself and the biting blades of the enemy. As he moves back, he draws his mace, feeling it's familiar weight in his hand.

OOC: move one step to the north.
__________________
Je porte mon fromage dans mon slip.

---It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.---
  #86  
Unread 4th of May, 2007, 02:46
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
Damnit! What will it take to get him to stop casting that spell?

Having tried all the options he had for interupting the spell, Fugen moves sideways, out from in front of the window, in the hopes that one of the mercenary sentries will come out onto the roof where Fugen can use the 30' drop to his advantage.

[OOC: Move laterally on the roof (north), maintaining a position that has a clear line to the square just outside the window. If possible, get 10' away. Ready an action to bull rush a mercenary who comes out onto the roof, charging if distance allows. Use an action point on the STR check for the bull rush. STR 19 + Action Point 6 (+2 if charging). Fugen will follow the opponent as far as necessary to push him off the roof (if possible).]
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman

Last edited by Black Plauge; 4th of May, 2007 at 02:50.
  #87  
Unread 4th of May, 2007, 09:25
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
JIANGU! Chapter 5, Scene 7:19 Assault on the Pagoda 3-4

Fugen’s plan works. The sentry steps out onto the roof to pursue him, and Fugen charges, ducking the mercenary’s swing and batting aside an arrow fired by his accomplice. He pushes the mercenary across the roof and over the edge. Flailing his arms, the mercenary falls to the ground below, but survives. He regains his feet just as two followers of Gizerak set upon him. One is human and the other is a halfling cavalier. The fallen mercenary wards off their blows.

In the outer hallway of the pagoda, Flarrgj chops down the swordsman that was defending the door. The archers fire a final volley and retreat. Both arrows hit Flarrgj in the torso. One of the archers takes cover to the North behind Termix’ flaming sphere. The other steps back to the South around the stairs up to the balcony. Reinforcements begin to arrive, passing the archer that retreated to the south and approaching the door.

The followers of Gizerak have sprung into action. Prompted by the wound that Gizerak received at the doorway of the pagoda, they follow his example and assault. Several of the townsmen and halfling cavaliers rush past Flarrgj into the outer hallway of the pagoda. A group of the halfling cavaliers rein up near Kierna and ready their bows. Two of the townsmen step in front of Gizerak to shield him from further attacks.


OOC
5,7:19 (1d20=9, 1d20=4, 1d20=15, 1d20=2, 1d20=14, 1d20=11, 1d20=18, 1d20=1, 1d20=5, 1d20=2, 1d20=3, 1d20=18, 1d20=3, 1d20=1, 1d20=19, 1d20=2, 1d20=13, 1d20=10, 1d20=9, 1d20=8, 1d20=9, 1d20=12, 1d20=16, 1d20=17, 1d20=19, 1d20=15, 1d20=7, 1d20=15, 1d20=8, 1d20=20, 1d20=13, 1d20=20, 1d20=6, 1d20=7, 1d20=10, 1d20=5, 1d20=4, 1d20=10, 1d20=7, 1d20=16)


Round 3 Cont’d
13 Kierna 155E/195N. No action
08 Flarrgj 165E/200N 15/47 hp. Attacks Merc3 with 9+mods. Hits for 8 pts of damage.
06 Nimdor 170E/190N. Continues to hide.

Round 4
22 Gizerak 165E/210N. 14/24 hp. Draws mace. Steps north.
22 Termix 155E/205N. No action. Flaming sphere will last through round 6.
21 Fugen 170E/180N (lvl 2). Moves and readies action.
19 Mercenary01 170E/200N. 6 pts sonic dmg, 18 pts scorch damage, and 8 pts sword dmg in round 1. Unconscious and bleeding. Rolls 4/20 to stabilize. Fails.
19 Mercenary02 180E/180N. 4 pts sonic dmg. Armed with bow. Shoots Flarrgj. Hits with 15+mods. 7 pts of damage. Moves.
19 Mercenary03 170E/205N. Took 3 pts sonic dmg. 6 pts fire damage. 8 pts from Flarrgj in round 3. KOd and bleeding. Rolls to stabilize. 2/20. Stabilizes.
19 Mercenary04 175E/210N. 7 pts from flaming sphere in round 2. 6 pts fire damage round 3. Shoots Flarrgj. 14+mods. Hits. 8 pts of damage.
19 Mercenary06 180E/195N (2nd level). Readies action to shoot Fugen.
19 Mercenary05. 175E/170N. Steps onto roof, triggering bullrush. Merc5 AtOs Fugen. Misses with 11+mods. Merc6 AtOs Fugen. 18+mods Hits but deflected. Opposed Str check. Fugen 27 vs Merc 1+mods (3 total). Fugen wins by 24. Pushes the Merc back 5+(4x5)=25 ft. Merc falls. Takes 8 pts of damage. Stands up.
19 Mercenary07 185E/195N. Chips away at tanglefoot goo. 8 pts of damage.
19 Mercenary08 200E/180N. Steps and opens door.
19 Mercenary09 175E/185N. Moves.
19 Mercenary10 175E/190N. Moves.
18 BonQuo 190E/200N. 1 pt splash damage in round 2. Tanglefooted until round 10. Tanglefoot goo has 2hp left. Continues casting.
15 Humans 1-5 Move to positions shown on map.
15 Human6 165E/180N. Attacks Merc5. Misses with 5+mods.
14 Halfling01 175E/205N. Moves
14 Halflings2-3. Move to positions shown. Ready arrows.
14 Halfling4 165E/175N. Charges Merc5 with lance. Misses with 2+mods.

  #88  
Unread 4th of May, 2007, 23:43
trendel's Avatar
trendel
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1482
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 395 (0.09 per day)
Seeing the amount of harm that Flaargj is taking, Gizerak presses his way through the crowd of bodies that have gathered at the door. Making his way to his companions side, he chants his spell of healing, his voice ringing out with power.

Whether it's the proximity to his deity's pagoda, or his inbridled faith, the results are visually spectacular. A column of flame shoots up from the ground, wreathing the barbarian. His skin tingles as the flames leech away the pain of his wounds.

As soon as the wounds are healed, the flames go out with a "whoosh" and the Flaargj continues fighting on. The fire doesn't seem to have done any harm to the others though.

OOC: move to 165E/195N and channel prayer into Cure Serious Wounds for 15 on Flaargj

Spells currently prepared:
0th:
Light, Resistance (x4)
1st: Bane,
Bless, Doom, Remove Fear (x2) (Domain: Burning Hands)
2nd: Sound Burst (1 cast, 1 left), Spiritual Weapon (Domain: Produce Flame)
3rd:
Prayer, Searing Light (Domain: Resist Energy-cold)
__________________
Je porte mon fromage dans mon slip.

---It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.---
  #89  
Unread 5th of May, 2007, 01:56
The Alcotroll's Avatar
The Alcotroll
Stout Yeoman [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Member: #512
Location: Inside your OODA loop.
Posts: 2,147 (0.42 per day)
Following Gizerak, Kierna lines herself up for a shot at Flargjj's new opponent, raises her bow and draws the string to her cheek before the release.

15 to hit. 7 damage.

[OOC: Can't make a damn thing out on that map, so let me know if I need to change my action.]
__________________
"Is French kissing not kissing with tongues? And is French cricket not cricket with tongues?"
  #90  
Unread 5th of May, 2007, 03:11
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
Bouyed by his first success, Fugen moves back through the window attempts to push the second sentry off the balcony (and maybe onto the Ben-Quo below).

[OOC: Move through window and attempt to bull rush mercenary off balcony. Bullrush: 14 . Note: Mercenary does not get an AoO with a ranged weapon and cannot take an AoO unarmed unless he has Improved Unarmed Strike (or monk levels). His attack last round was actually his readied action, not an AoO.]
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #91  
Unread 5th of May, 2007, 05:50
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
Flarrgj, rejuvinated by Gizeraks spectacular spell, gives a roar of triumph, and turns left, away from the stairs, attacking the first enemy he see's.

((Begin moving to north (i think) to get into the inner area where BonQuo is. Attack any enemies on the way.))

Last edited by Exarzun; 6th of May, 2007 at 06:02.
  #92  
Unread 5th of May, 2007, 12:18
Canter_shadow's Avatar
Canter_shadow
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Member: #2127
Posts: 232 (0.06 per day)
Termix quickly steps away from the mercenary who just fell off the roof to the ground in front of him, and casts forth a short barrage of energy bolts at him.

<OOC: 5' step to 205 N/150 E (off map) and cast magic missile at mercenary 5>

Wiz Spells Prepared (5/5/4/3):
Level 3: Fireball, Fireball, Dispel Magic;
Level 2: Flaming sphere, web, scorching ray, Summon Monster 2;
Level 1: magic missile, shield, burning hands, expeditious retreat, magic missile
Level 0: Ray of Frost, Detect Magic, Detect Magic, Light, Mage Hand, Resistance
__________________
How could'st thou say I did it? Never shake thy gory locks at me.
  #93  
Unread 8th of May, 2007, 11:16
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
7:20 Assault on the Pagoda 4-5

JIANGU! Chapter 5, Scene 7:20 Assault on the Pagoda 4-5

As the two forces come into full contact, blood flows more liberally and bodies fall to the left, right, and center.

No sooner has Gizerak used a miracle to heal Flarrgj then the outlander rushes into the pagoda, taking advantage of a gap in the enemy lines. He rushes through the hallway to the left, which is now barely defended. Edging past Termix’ immobile flaming sphere, he hacks through the neck of an enemy archer, felling him.

Fugen leaps through the window onto the balcony and pushes the archer over the side. The archer falls to land on the mercenary captain below. Both crash into a heap. The archer climbs off and fires an arrow back up at Fugen, which the messenger bats aside. The mercenary captain draws out a flask of alchemist fire and heaves it up onto the balcony. It hits Fugen and explodes, burning him. He cannot deflect all the arrows that are fired at him from the mercenaries in the sanctuary. Another arrow pierces his arm.

Meanwhile, the priest, presumably Bon Quo, continues his ritual.

In the outer hallway, the mercenary reinforcements clash with the humans that have entered the pagoda. Each of them wields a pair of bastard swords. The mercenaries kill the first two humans easily. Another human retaliates with a blow from his spear, but without great effect. Kierna and several of the halfling mounted archers fire their bows, but they cannot target the defenders easily in the fray.

The foe that was earlier cast down from the roof by Fugen is rendered helpless by Termix’ magic missile, then one of the human supporters finishes him off.

OOC
5,7:20 (1d20=16, 1d20=6, 1d20=10, 1d20=7, 1d20=1, 1d20=15, 1d20=16, 1d20=14, 1d20=11, 1d20=5, 1d20=13, 1d20=7, 1d20=13, 1d20=18, 1d20=10, 1d20=12, 1d20=20, 1d20=16, 1d20=10, 1d20=17, 1d20=19, 1d20=18, 1d20=19, 1d20=4, 1d20=11, 1d20=7, 1d20=5, 1d20=4, 1d20=13, 1d20=4, 1d20=5, 1d20=5, 1d20=6, 1d20=15, 1d20=14, 1d20=14, 1d20=13, 1d20=15, 1d20=20, 1d20=4)

Round 4 Cont’d
13 Kierna 155E/195N. Misses with a 15.
08 Flarrgj 165E/200N 15/47 hp. delays until after Gizerak.
06 Nimdor 170E/190N. Hides.

Round 5
22 Gizerak 160E/195N. 14/24 hp. Heals Flarrgj for 15.
22 Flarrgj 175E/220N 30/47 hp. Moves North and attacks merc4. Hits with 16+mods for 10 pts of damage.
22 Termix 155E/205N. Flaming sphere will last through round 6. Casts magic missile on Merc5 for 9 pts.
20 Fugen 170E/180N (lvl 2). HP 18/24. Merc6 can’t AtO and rolls 6+mods to resist bulrush. Pushed back 5 ft. Goes over railing and falls 20 ft onto Merc7. 7 damage to both.
19 Mercenary01 170E/200N. 6 pts sonic dmg, 18 pts scorch damage, and 8 pts sword dmg in round 1. Unconscious and bleeding. Rolls10/20 to stabilize. Dead.
19 Mercenary02 180E/180N. 4 pts sonic dmg. Shoots human3. Misses with 7+mod.
19 Mercenary03 170E/205N. Took 3 pts sonic dmg. 6 pts fire damage. 8 pts from Flarrgj in round 3. KOd and Stabilizes after 1 round.
19 Mercenary04 175E/210N. 7 pts from flaming sphere in round 2. 6 pts fire damage round 3. 10 pts from Flarrgj in round 5. KOd and bleeding. 1/20 to stabilize. Succeeds!
19 Mercenary06 190E/190N. 7 pts falling damage in round 5. Stands, steps, and fires at Fugen. Hits with 15+mods but deflected.
19 Mercenary05. 175E/170N. 8 pts of falling damage in round 4. 9 pts Magic missile in round 5. KOd and bleeding. 16/20 to stabilize. Fails. Couped de graced by Human6
19 Mercenary07 185E/195N. 7 pts from Merc6 landing on him in round 5. Throws alchemist fire at Fugen. 14+mods inc range. Succeeds. 2 damage.
19 Mercenary08 200E/190N. Steps and readies action.
19 Mercenary09 175E/185N. Delays
19 Mercenary10 175E/195N. 4pts suffered from human1 in round5. Steps and attacks. Hits Human2 with 11+mods. 10 pts of damage. KO’d. Cleaves. Misses with 5. Attacks Human3. Hits with 13+mods. 8 pts of damage.
19 Mercenary09 175E/190N. Steps and attacks Human3. Misses with 7+mods. Attacks again. Hits with 13+mods. 5 pts of damage.
19 Mercenary11 190E/195N. Readies action.
19 Mercenary12 200E/220N. Steps and shoots at Fugen. Hits with 18+mods. 4 pts of damage.
19 Mercenary13 195E/215N. Moves and shoots Fugen. Misses with 10+mods.
19 Mercenary14 220E/200N. Moves and readies action.
18 BonQuo 190E/200N. 1 pt splash damage in round 2. Tanglefooted until round 10. Tanglefoot goo has 2hp left. Continues casting.
15 Human2 175E/200N. KOd with 10 pts in round5. KOd and bleeding. Fails to stabilize with 12/20.
15 Human3 170E/195N. KOd with 13 pts in round5. KOd and bleeding. Fails to stabilize with 20/20
15 Human1. 170E/200N. Moves and attacks Merc10. Hits with 16+mods for 4 pts of damage.
15 Humans 4&5. Move as shown and ready attacks.
15 Human6 165E/180N. Coup de grace on Merc05. 14 damage. Kills.
14 Halfling01 175E/210N. Steps and fires shortbow at Merc10. Misses with 10+mods.
14 Halflings2-4. Move as shown, Shoot at Merc10. 17&18 +mods inc cover and melee. Miss.

Sorry for any errors. This is a big battle and it is a monster to keep track of.



Last edited by crueldespot; 8th of May, 2007 at 11:22.
  #94  
Unread 8th of May, 2007, 14:58
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
As Flarrgj races down the hallway, felling the archer in a single blow, his blood begins to rise, and he falls into his mythic rage! He roars and dispears around the curve, stopping right infront of the door, about to charge in...

((OOC: Go into rage, and move forward to right infront of the door into the central chamber.))
  #95  
Unread 9th of May, 2007, 02:19
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
Smarting from the combination of the fire and the arrows, Fugen steps back towards the window and drops to the ground to put out the still burning flames.

[OOC: 5' step towards (or through) window. Drop to ground and try to put out flames. Ref 18 vs. DC 15.]
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #96  
Unread 9th of May, 2007, 04:25
trendel's Avatar
trendel
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1482
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 395 (0.09 per day)
Seeing that the humans are down and the mercenaries are pressing foward, Gizerak enters the hallway, hoping to keep sight of Flaargj. In the meantime, he begins to chant his next spell.

As his words fade away, a large mace of pure force springs into being infront of the nearest mercenary. Small irridescent symbols cover the flanges on the weapon's head, each one depicting one of the four elemental aspects of Sha-gaat. Pointing at the mercenary, Gizerak directs the weapon to attack the blashpemer.

OOC: Move to 170E/215N and cast Spiritual weapon. Weapon attacks Mercenary 10.

Spells currently prepared:
0th:
Light, Resistance (x4)
1st: Bane,
Bless, Doom, Remove Fear (x2) (Domain: Burning Hands)
2nd: Sound Burst (1 cast, 1 left), Spiritual Weapon (Domain: Produce Flame)
3rd:
Prayer, Searing Light (Domain: Resist Energy-cold)
__________________
Je porte mon fromage dans mon slip.

---It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.---

Last edited by trendel; 9th of May, 2007 at 04:44.
  #97  
Unread 9th of May, 2007, 04:50
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.39 per day)
Nimdor leaps out of his hiding place, and races past everyone, squeezing past those still fighting, to try and reach Flarggj.

<Move to 215 N/180E, which I believe is a 40 foot movement counting squeezing>
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #98  
Unread 10th of May, 2007, 09:53
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
7:21 Assault on the Pagoda 5-6

JIANGU! Chapter 5, Scene 7:21 Assault on the Pagoda 5-6

Flarrgj ventures down the empty hallway and confronts the inner door to the sanctuary. It is identical to the outer door in design and construction- well made but not stout. He hears steps approaching from behind him, and turns to see his halfling comrades as they pass by the corpses and flaming sphere to join him.

As Gizerak folls Flarrgj, his conjured spiritual hammer attacks the mercenaries in the south end of the hallway, but the target is able to dodge it.

At the doorway to the pagoda, the ferocious melee continues. The mercenaries slowly withdraw from the doorway to avoid missile fire from the halfling cavaliers. The mercenary in front appears to hold a higher rank. He retaliates with against the human that stabbed him. The mercenary behind him lobs a jar of alchemist fire engulfs the man, who drops to the ground and attempts to put out the flames, in the same manner that Fugen is extinguishing his alchemist fire on the balcony upstairs. The nearby humans are scorched by the fire but advance to attack the mercenaries. The attackers and defenders in the rear both fire arrows into the fray, but without any hits. And so the battle progresses.




OOC
5,7:21 (1d20=4, 1d20=1, 1d20=14, 1d20=2, 1d20=17, 1d20=5, 1d20=3, 1d20=19, 1d20=7, 1d20=10, 1d20=6, 1d20=7, 1d20=18, 1d20=16, 1d20=19, 1d20=8, 1d20=10, 1d20=15, 1d20=10, 1d20=16, 1d20=9, 1d20=8, 1d20=18, 1d20=5, 1d20=12, 1d20=11, 1d20=9, 1d20=19, 1d20=5, 1d20=11, 1d20=6, 1d20=8, 1d20=11, 1d20=2, 1d20=1, 1d20=16, 1d20=9, 1d20=3, 1d20=12, 1d20=8)


Round 5 Cont’d
13 Kierna 155E/195N. No action.
06 Nimdor 180E/215N. Moves to 180E/215N

Round 6
22 Gizerak 170E/215N. 14/24 hp. Moves to 170E/215N. Casts spiritual weapon. Attacks Merc10. Misses with 4+mods.
22 Flarrgj 200E/235N 30/47 hp +10 temp hp. Rages. Moves.
22 Termix 155E/205N. Flaming sphere will last through round 6. No actions.
20 Fugen 165E/180N (lvl 2). HP 18/24. Steps, drops prone and and extinguishes flames.
19 Mercenary01 170E/200N. 6 pts sonic dmg, 18 pts scorch damage, and 8 pts sword dmg in round 1. Dead.
19 Mercenary02 180E/180N. 4 pts sonic dmg. Shoots and misses with a 1.
19 Mercenary03 170E/205N. Took 3 pts sonic dmg. 6 pts fire damage. 8 pts from Flarrgj in round 3. KOd and Stabilizes after 1 round.
19 Mercenary04 175E/210N. 7 pts from flaming sphere in round 2. 6 pts fire damage round 3. 10 pts from Flarrgj in round 5. KOd and stabilized after 1 round
19 Mercenary06 190E/190N. 7 pts falling damage in round 5. Armed with bow.
19 Mercenary05. 175E/170N. 8 pts of falling damage in round 4. 9 pts Magic missile in round 5.. Couped de graced by Human6 in round 5. Dead.
19 Mercenary07 185E/195N. 7 pts from Merc6 landing on him in round 5. Scrapes off all remaininmg tanglefoot goo
19 Mercenary08 200E/190N. Readied action.
19 Mercenary10 175E/190N. 4pts suffered from human1 in round5. 4pts from human 4 in round 6. Attacks Human1. Hits with 14+mods. 6 pts of damage. Misses with 2 +mods. Steps.
19 Mercenary09 200E/170N. steps. drops sword, draws alchemist fire and throws. Hits with 17+mods. 3 pts of damage.
19 Mercenary11 190E/195N. Readied action.
19 Mercenary12 200E/220N. Armed with bow. Readies shot
19 Mercenary13 195E/215N. Armed with bow. Readies shot.
19 Mercenary14 220E/200N. Readied action.
18 BonQuo 190E/205N. 1 pt splash damage in round 2. Tanglefoot goo scraped off by merc7. Continues casting. steps
15 Human2 175E/200N. KOd with 10 pts in round5. KOd and bleeding. Fails to stabilize with 5/20. 1 pt fire splash dmg.
15 Human3 170E/195N. KOd with 13 pts in round5. KOd and bleeding. Fails to stabilize with 3/20. 1 pt fire splash dmg.
15 Human1. 170E/200N. 6 pts sword dmg & 3 pts fire dmg in round 6. Rolls to put out fire.
15 Human4 170E/195N. 1 pt fire splash dmg in round 6. Moves and attacks merc10. Hits with 19+mods for 4 pts of damage.
15 Human5 175E/200N. 1 pt fire splash dmg in round 6. Moves and attacks merc10. Misses with 7+mods.
15 Human6 165E/200N. Moves and readies action
14 Halfling01 175E/210N. Shoots at Merc10. Misses with 10+mods.
14 Halflings2-4. Halfling3 shoots and misses with 6+mods.


  #99  
Unread 10th of May, 2007, 10:06
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.39 per day)
"Flarggj! Hold on! Don't open that door! Let me check it first!"

Nimdor runs up and tries to search the door, consciously aware of the fact that Flarggj isn't exactly under control right now.
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #100  
Unread 10th of May, 2007, 11:26
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
Flarrgj growls impatiently, his massive sword swaying in his hands, and looks as if he might burst through the door regardless of the halflings warnings. Luckly he refrains himself.

"Hurry up little man!" He spits out. The second the door is open he charges strait through it into the nearest enemy.

((OOC: Delay till after Link. If he gets the door open Flarrgj will charge Mercinary 12. If not he will do full defensive.))
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 01:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren