Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > crueldespot's Games > Jiangu!

 
Thread Tools
  #201  
Unread 9th of July, 2006, 00:12
treehouse's Avatar
treehouse
Evolved Ulgurstasta [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1471
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 7,114 (1.61 per day)
Kierna runs to catch up with the others, though she takes her time around the obstacles when no one cries out from Mikon's chambers for help.
  #202  
Unread 9th of July, 2006, 08:06
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.86 per day)
Not wanting to be left behind, Linus chases after Kierna. He knew that they could both use the assistance, especially around that wall obstacle.
  #203  
Unread 9th of July, 2006, 18:33
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
5:41 Linus Falls

Jiangu! Chapter 4, Scene 5:41 Linus Falls

Linus falls while attempting to climb around the wall on the second floor. He is able to roll to reduce the impact, but still hurts himself considerably. He limps back upstairs and is able to get around on his second try.

Kierna and Linus join Fugen, Termix, and Gizerak upstairs. Flarrgj is still down below in the courtyard.


OOC:
4,5:41 (1d20=11, 1d20=8, 1d20=2, 1d20=6, 1d20=9, 1d20=12, 1d20=11, 1d20=11, 1d20=20, 1d20=1, 1d20=7, 1d20=6, 1d20=5, 1d20=9, 1d20=3, 1d20=19, 1d20=20, 1d20=13, 1d20=19, 1d20=4)

Kierna climb roll 11+mods with Linus 8+mods assisting = success.

Linus climb roll 2+mods with Kierna rolling 6+mods to assist. Failure. Linus falls. tumble roll 9+mods (inc rough terrain) success. 1d6=3 damage. Linus has 4hp remaining.

Linus climb roll 12+mods with Kierna rolling 11+mods to assist. Success.

Kierna jump roll 20+mods with Linus rolling 1+mods to assist. Success.

Linus jump roll 7+mods with Kierna rolling 6+mods to assist. Success.
  #204  
Unread 10th of July, 2006, 00:06
treehouse's Avatar
treehouse
Evolved Ulgurstasta [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1471
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 7,114 (1.61 per day)
Kierna shakes her head irritably as Linus catches up. "I'd hate to have to move around this tower on a daily basis. Are you alright?"
  #205  
Unread 10th of July, 2006, 00:55
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.86 per day)
"Yeah, I'm okay, but that hurt something awful. I could use some rest. We'll take the ladder we have leading up to the attic and then we can just use that to go back down."
  #206  
Unread 10th of July, 2006, 04:34
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
Flarrgj wanders back into the tower and looks up.

"Grab box while your up there."

Once Fugen is down, Flarrgj comments;

"I think we should go back to villiage."
  #207  
Unread 11th of July, 2006, 04:14
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
Relieved that everything appears to be undisturbed, Fugen points out to the others that they should figure out what was really important and take as much of it as they could when the headed back to the village. If there was more than they could all take at once, then they'd need to aquire a cart in the village to take the rest of it back. With the hole in the cieling now, everything in the tower was vulnerable if the reinforcements that their goblin prisoner had mentioned were to show up.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #208  
Unread 11th of July, 2006, 05:45
trendel's Avatar
trendel
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1482
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 395 (0.09 per day)
Nodding his ascent, Gizerak begins looking through Mikon's things, beginning to get a stack of books that look to be of great rarity or importance.

Realizing that the number of texts would soon grow to more than they could carry, the halfling makes a quick suggestion.

"I don't recall seeing a cart in the main area of the compound, but perhaps we could create some sort of stretcher that can be placed between two of our horses. We should make sure that we don't allow it to drag and lead any possible pursuers straight to us. Doing this should allow us to get more things back to Golock. We should really begin by getting these things down. Let's do as Linus suggests and use that ladder to aid us in getting past the obstacles. We can circumvent the attic and go the standard way out of here."

"Also, I think we may want to look at opening that chest later, after I've had a chance to heal everyone. Just in cast there is some nasty trap waiting for us. Of course Linus could ingest one of our last two remaining healing potions and I could cast my last spell of healing on him and we could do it now."

"Whatever choices we make, I think that we should aim to be back to the village before nightfall. I worry that we may have company before too long here."

With his peace said, the cleric returns to the books and items in the wizard's study. Hopefully, some of the others will begin to work on the stretcher.

Once he has all the items that he thinks they can carry, Gizerak helps get them to the ground and begins wrapping them in the tent cloths to help in packing them up on the stretchers.

Once all the items are secure, he also makes sure to check the mephit corpses for anything of value, which he mentions are safe to handle now that they are no longer alive.
__________________
Je porte mon fromage dans mon slip.

---It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.---
  #209  
Unread 12th of July, 2006, 03:34
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
Fugen shakes his head to disagree with Gizerak's assesment of the main exit to Mikon's chambers. Mikon's traps were still in place and Fugen didn't think it was worth a little convenience to risk them.

As for the rest, Fugen is content to spend the night in the village, if that is really what everyone wanted to do, but he prefered to aquire a cart there, if at all possible, and come back tomorrow to retrieve whatever they couldn't carry today. The longer they left these materials lying around, the more likely it was that something would happen to them.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #210  
Unread 12th of July, 2006, 03:42
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.86 per day)
Reading Fugen's thoughts, Linus answers Gizerak. "The traps on the door are still deadly. Once we get out of the room through the attic, I think we all agree that using the ladder is a good idea. But stepping through a known trap is not a good idea."

Linus, although hurt, concurs with Fugen's continued comments. "Items left behind are likely to be gone if left for too long, and considering what the goblins had said about the forces coming to visit the tower, I think it's best to do everything we need to in the tower today, so as to minimize any chance of bigger, badder forces coming our way. The less we see of this place from here on out, the better off we are."
  #211  
Unread 12th of July, 2006, 05:08
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
As the other talk, Flarrgj becomes impatiant and begins casting around the tower for the materials to build a crude sled, espesialy something that will work as wheels.
  #212  
Unread 12th of July, 2006, 15:12
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
End of scene 5

End of scene 5.

SCENE SIX LINK
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 10:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren