Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > crueldespot's Games > Jiangu!

Unread 24th of May, 2006, 06:14
trendel
Wight

Member: #1482
"Do not thank me, my friend, thank the Four Royals for their blessing. I am glad to see that I made it to your side in time. Please hold still for a moment while I call on Sha-gaat to seal your wounds further."

Gizerak gently lays his hands on the large warrior, quietly saying his prayer now that the excitement of the battle has left him.

Once the burnt flesh and torn muscle have repaired themselves, the halfling turns his attention to Kierna. Digging through his belt pouch, he grabs a small vial that contains a brown and orange liquid that glows with a warm light.

Gently taking her hand, Gizerak hands the potion to the elf that he has come to count as a friend in their service of the dread wizard Golock.

"Take this. I brewed this liquid filled with Sha-gaat's blessing. It will heal the burns that pain you.

OOC: Channel Resist Energy into a Cure Moderate wounds. 2d8+3 points of healing for Flaargj. Give Potion of Cure Light Wounds to Kierna. Noted on my char sheet. 1 left.

Spells currently prepared:
0th: Detect Magic, Light, Read Magic, Resistance
1st: Bless (cast), Divine Favor, Magic Weapon (Domain: Burning Hands - cast)
2nd: Resist Energy (cast) (Domain: Produce Flame)
Unread 24th of May, 2006, 08:12
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

Member: #1504
Seeing that everyone is now fine, save Kierna who now has a potion, Termix speaks up. "Well, we're up here. Might as well continue cutting through the roof, and crawling into Mikon's room. It is, of course, up to our big friend here. He is the one that is standing on the ladder, afterall."
Unread 24th of May, 2006, 11:22
treehouse
Evolved Ulgurstasta [Epic GM]

Member: #1471
Kierna inclines her head graciously. "I will return the favor as soon as I am able. Thank you."

She uncorks it and drinks its contents in one long swig.
Unread 24th of May, 2006, 12:44
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

Member: #136
5:16 Flarrgj is much invigorated

Jiangu! Chapter 4, Scene 5:16 Flarrgj is much invigorated

Flarrgj is much invigorated by the healing powers of Gizerak, though still a little tender. The hole in the ceiling of the staircase is substantially complete. The henchmen can climb the ladder into the attic above now.

OOC:
14 HP healing for Flarrgj. 6 points for Kierna.
So who is climbing up first?
Unread 24th of May, 2006, 21:03
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

Member: #1485
Linus looks around and giggles softly. "I suppose I ought to go first since I'm the smallest and lightest. Just be prepared to hurry up after me if something else is up there too."

Linus turns from his companions and heads up the ladder, letting his eyes adjust to the (I assume) dark attic space.
Unread 25th of May, 2006, 01:55
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

Member: #192
Given that he has the light, Fugen follows Linus up the ladder, illuminating the attic for what is probably the first time since the place was built.
Unread 25th of May, 2006, 04:06
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

Termix climbs the ladder after Fugen. As he does so, he speaks. "I didn't think about this when Flarrgj started hacking away, but he's going to have to do it again to get back down into the tower. Unless we find the actual stairs down, that is."
Unread 25th of May, 2006, 08:11
Exarzun
Spectre

Member: #1494
Flarrgj climbs up after them last, and frowns thinkning about Termix's statement.

"Should not be problem, though you all might have to climb out to give me room..."
Unread 25th of May, 2006, 10:49
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

5:17 The Attic

Jiangu! Chapter 4, Scene 5:17 The Attic

The attic is dusty and dark. It is a single round chamber encompassing the entire width of the tower. It is barely tall enough to crawl through around the edges, but the roof rises to almost twenty feet in the center. Narrow posts extend from floor to ceiling at ten foot intervals.

As their light sweeps across the attic, they find it bare...
until they sweep around to the left, where a single locked chest lies. The chest is two feet long, a foot wide, and a foot tall. Next to the chest is a trapdoor down.

OOC:
I don't see any need to map the attic itself, since it is mostly featureless. The chest lies above E235/N105
Unread 25th of May, 2006, 11:11
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

"Its good to know we won't have to cut our way down. Wonder what's in the chest. Who wants to open it?"
Unread 25th of May, 2006, 13:23
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

Signing, Fugen indicates that they should probably move it outside first. Before that, however, they should check out Mikon's room.
Unread 25th of May, 2006, 13:29
treehouse
Evolved Ulgurstasta [Epic GM]

Member: #1471
Kierna scratches her head as she stares at the chest.

"Shouldn't we make sure it wasn't warded before moving it?"
Unread 26th of May, 2006, 01:32
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

Realizing that that's probably a good idea, Fugen nods in agreement.

I really should have thought of that.
Unread 26th of May, 2006, 02:26
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

Member: #1485
"I guess I'll take a look, but it's not like I've been particularly successful at spotting traps. These were some really good trapsmiths." Linus turns towards the chest and searches it high and low for traps.

[Use action point on any roll of 18 or higher. Hopefully Linus can beat the search DC of a trap at least once in his career.]
Unread 26th of May, 2006, 12:49
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

Jiangu! Chapter 4, Scene 5:18 The Chest

Linus doesn't detect any trap that will prevent them from moving the chest. They are able to drag it away back to the hole Flarrgj created and the ladder down. Nothing happens once they move it.

Upon closer examination, they see that the chest is secured by a strong lock. It is made of strong wood but not especially heavy. It can't be full of coins.

OOC:
I am going on vacation for memorial day weekend. I won't be back until Tuesday night. Thanks for the great adventure, guys. I look forward to seeing what will happen in the rest of the chapter.

4,5:18 (1d20=1, 1d20=20, 1d20=5, 1d20=13, 1d20=1, 1d20=17, 1d20=3, 1d20=3, 1d20=12, 1d20=5, 1d20=8, 1d20=5, 1d20=6, 1d20=1, 1d20=10, 1d20=1, 1d20=4, 1d20=15, 1d20=14, 1d20=7)

Linus rolls a 1 on the search check, so no action point used.
Unread 26th of May, 2006, 13:01
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

Once the chest is down at the bottom of the ladder, Fugen heads back up into the attic and over to the trap door. Reaching for it to open, Fugen pulls up short, recalling the potent magic symbols on the door. Was the trap door trapped too? If Mikon had stored something valuable up here in the attic, wouldn't it have been a fairly elemental precaution to protect the trap door the same way he protected the main door to his chambers?

Stepping back, Fugen waits for Linus to check the trap door out and give the all clear.
Unread 27th of May, 2006, 00:42
trendel
Wight

Seeing the exchange between Linus and Fugen, Gizerak thinks for a moment.

"Linus, please hold for one moment friend. Let me see if the Four Royals can bless us with some insight into this before you put yourself in harms way."

Clutching his holy symbol, Gizerak speaks the words of faith to power his spell.

"May the King remove the earth from my sight, the Prince blow away the fog, the Duke scour away the filth, and the Baron wash away the power that hides things from his sight"

As the words tumble from his lips, the halfling feels the power of his deity's faith settle on his eyes as he concentrates on the trap door.

OOC: Cast Detect magic. concentrate on trap door looking for magical traps.

Spells currently prepared:
0th: Detect Magic (cast), Light, Read Magic, Resistance
1st: Bless (cast), Divine Favor, Magic Weapon (Domain: Burning Hands - cast)
2nd: Resist Energy (cast) (Domain: Produce Flame)
Unread 30th of May, 2006, 12:14
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

5:19 The Trapdoor

Jiangu! Chapter 4, Scene 5:19 The Trapdoor

Gizerak scans the trapdoor and the floor around it. He does not detect any magic auras in that area.
Unread 31st of May, 2006, 11:23
Exarzun
Spectre

Flarrgj shoulders the others out of the way and opens the trap door, alert to jump out of the way if nessisary.
Unread 31st of May, 2006, 12:33
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

Flarrgj is going to get himself killed!

Jumping back as Flarrgj practically rips open the trap door, Fugen can't help but flinch at what could potentially be a very bad situation.

And I really don't want to be close enough to be caught in what ever it that takes him.
Unread 31st of May, 2006, 18:39
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

5:20 The Death of Flarrgj

Jiangu! Chapter 4, Scene 5:20 The Death of Flarrgj

Fugen is afraid that he is about to witness the death of Flarrgj, but fortunately his fears are not realized. Flarrgj pulls the trapdoor open without harm.

Apparently Mikon did not feel the need for more traps this deep in his inner sanctum.

For a split second, Flarrgj is worried that he has opened the trapdoor above a huge creature, but then he realizes that it is a bearskin rug on the floor below.

A quick peek reveals that this is a well-appointed sleeping chamber. There is a large sleeping mat, with the sheets in disarray. A writing desk with a cushion are in one corner, surrounded by books, scroll cases, and loose scrolls. In another corner a large chest lies open, with clothing in and around it. It seems that Mikon was a bit of a slob.

The room is well-lit, with several lamps that are probably fueled with magical flames. The lamps have shutters that can be closed, but they are now open.
Unread 1st of June, 2006, 08:51
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

Termix looks down into the room and a look of surprise comes onto his face. "Didn't know Master left the lanterns on," he says. "Would someone please remind me to grab some of these scrolls, if not all of them, before we leave? Could further my abilities, you know. So, down it is?"
Unread 1st of June, 2006, 13:32
Exarzun
Spectre

Flarrgj shrugs, and jumps down, hoping no nasty traps await below, He seems to have gotten a bit impatiant.
Unread 1st of June, 2006, 21:38
trendel
Wight

With a flinch at seeing Flarrgj jump down into the room, Gizerak soon follows after. Dropping himself down to the floor carefully, he quickly begins scanning the room with the remaining power of his deity's blessing.

After seeing that the room is not laid with magical traps, the halfling begins to look through the room for some inclination as to what happened in these ruins to bring an end to Mikon, and perhaps find out more about the elementals that he was dealing with.
Unread 2nd of June, 2006, 01:36
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

Not expecting any traps within Mikon's room itself, Fugen doesn't hesitate to follow the others down into the chamber. A chamber he is suprised to find looks like it was still being lived in. Of course the lanterns still being lit is not suprising, Mikon probably enchanted them much the same way Fugen's own lantern was enchanted. It took a fairly sizable upfront investment, but was far more economical in the long run than constantly paying for a supply of lamp oil.

Signing, Fugen asks Linus or Gizerak to ask Termix to recount exactly what happened here when the tower burned. Looking at this room Fugen can't help but feel that Mikon might some how still be alive.