Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > crueldespot's Games > Jiangu!

 
Thread Tools
  #26  
Unread 15th of December, 2005, 09:32
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
Responding to Gizerak's suggestion, Fugen acknowledges that they could use the light as a decoy, but that goblins were well capable of seeing in the dark. If they just left the lantern sitting on the ground there was no garuntee that the goblins would step into the light.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #27  
Unread 15th of December, 2005, 10:26
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
Flarrgj knods and smiles at the idea.

"I cross road, be on other side to make pincher. Give me light, i place on road while crossing."
  #28  
Unread 17th of December, 2005, 08:16
trendel's Avatar
trendel
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1482
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 395 (0.09 per day)
After some discussion as to their plan, Gizerak quickly leads the ponies south down the road and ties them to a convenient tree. Once this is done, he returns to the intersection and finds his place to the south east of the forked trail.

Standing as still as possible behind the tree, he wraps his cloak around himself to aid in his disguise. Then ever so quietly, he draws his crossbow and prepares to ambush the goblin party.
  #29  
Unread 17th of December, 2005, 08:31
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
Retrieving a few choice alchemical items from his saddlebags, as well as his sling, Fugen uses the lantern to help the others find suitable hiding spots, before hiding himself and closing the lantern's hatch. That done, there is nothing to do but wait for the goblins to appear, if they are coming at all.

Of course, if they're not coming, then it'll be Kierna and Linus that appear and it will take them quite a bit longer to do so.

Gods, I hope they're able to avoid any goblin patrol that might be sent this way.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #30  
Unread 17th of December, 2005, 09:02
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.39 per day)
Termix takes a spot behind a tree and gets ready to fire a magic missle at the goblin patrol once Fugen re-opens the latern. Termix says a small prayer to the Fire Lord of Force for everyone's safety through this "scuffle" while waiting for the goblins.

Last edited by generaljimX; 17th of December, 2005 at 09:16.
  #31  
Unread 17th of December, 2005, 10:03
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
Flarrgj moves into position as instructed by Fugen, hunkering down, getting ready to charge.

((Move to 110N/355E trying to be stealthy about it, hide behind the tree's))
  #32  
Unread 18th of December, 2005, 19:04
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
JIANGU! Chapter 4, Scene 2:5 Laying in Wait

Kierna and Linus continue to follow the goblin patrol downhill. The trail goblin is more wary now, due to the noise he heard earlier. Kierna and Linus are careful and they avoid detection. Kierna makes a couple of missteps, but luck is on her side. They are obscured by other noises and the goblin doesn’t hear.

Almost twenty minutes later, they are nearing the intersection where the rest of the henchmen are laying in wait.

Fugen, Flarrgj, Gizerak, and Termix are hidden behind trees. They see the first two goblins approach.



OOC:

Kierna move silently 4, Linus move silently 18. Goblin listen 7+ mods w/-6 due to distance. Kierna and Linus are undetected.

Hide skill rolls: Fugen 10, Flarrgj 11, Gizerak 4, Termix 8.

Goblin roll to detect 7 w/-1 due to distance. Goblins do not see henchmen.

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=315873


  #33  
Unread 19th of December, 2005, 04:02
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
Just two? Scouts maybe?

Laying in wait, Fugen decideds patience is in order. If these two were all there was, then the element of suprise wasn't really needed. If there were more, however, it wouldn't do to waste it on these two.

Hoping the others will decide the same thing, Fugen waits, straining to see down the trail if there is a second group of goblins coming.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #34  
Unread 19th of December, 2005, 23:52
trendel's Avatar
trendel
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1482
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 395 (0.09 per day)
Itching to pull the trigger, Gizerak holds back his eagerness to get on with the mission.

There has to be more than two...Goblins don't travel in such small groups...I'll wait, and hopefully the others do as well.
  #35  
Unread 20th of December, 2005, 03:13
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.39 per day)
Termix continues to wait for Fugen to open the latern so he can see. Hearing and seeing nothing, he begins to tense up, the wait getting to him.

It's been queit a time. Is there any goblins coming at all? Maybe Kierna and Linus were caught. Man do I hope they're ok.
  #36  
Unread 20th of December, 2005, 08:10
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
Flarrgj see's the goblins and tenses to attack, but remembers, he must wait for Fugen's move.

you follow, you do not lead, do what you are told.
  #37  
Unread 20th of December, 2005, 13:18
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
2:6 The Hobgoblin

JIANGU! Chapter 4, Scene 2:6 The Hobgoblin

The rest of the goblin squad appears, led by the hobgoblin.



OOC:

I rolled more invisible castle dice, but don’t have anything to use them for.





  #38  
Unread 21st of December, 2005, 00:59
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
Here we go.

Moving quickly, Fugen throws open the hatch on the bull's eye lantern, bathing the main group of goblins in light. Realizing this makes him a rather obvious target, he also readies himself to move away a bit should one of the goblins charge at him.

[OOC: Lantern Cone is directed to catch the entire main body of the goblinoid force right in the middle. This is likely the initiation of combat. Fugen's Suprise Round action is to ready an action to move to 160N/345E should a goblinoid move to attack Fugen. Use Tumble on the move action to avoid AoOs, and keep the center of the light cone on the main body of the goblinoid force.]
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #39  
Unread 21st of December, 2005, 04:09
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.39 per day)
The light! Time to go to work.

Termix is a bit surprised by the number of goblins. However, he doesn't hesitate in shooting two bolts of energy into the hobgoblin.

Not too powerful, but should weaken him up.
  #40  
Unread 21st of December, 2005, 04:39
trendel's Avatar
trendel
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1482
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 395 (0.09 per day)
Seeing the light from the lantern suddenly return, Gizerak knows that Fugen has begun his attack. Shifting his position behind the tree, the halfling brings his crossbow up and aims at the most threatening opponent.

As the bolt flies in the direction of the hobgoblin, Gizerak moves back away from the goblins, allowing himself more time should they charge.

OOC: fire crossbow at hobgoblin. move to 110N/375E
  #41  
Unread 21st of December, 2005, 07:48
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
Seeing the light go on Flarrgj charges out at first charging towords he main body, but then he remembers what happened last time he charged streight into the main group of enemy's, and changes his cource for most forward goblin.

((OOC: Charge towords the goblin in 125N, 335E, attack if possible))
  #42  
Unread 21st of December, 2005, 08:11
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.86 per day)
Assuming he sees the light turn on and the first few attacks, Linus will move closer to the trailing goblin and let him have it with a sling bullet.

[OOC: Move to 200N 395E drawing sling. Attack goblin at 160N 375E]

If Linus remains unaware of the attack on the goblins ahead of him, he will continue moving as he has until he gets in range to sling a few bullets.
  #43  
Unread 21st of December, 2005, 13:18
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
2:7 Here We Go

JIANGU! Chapter 4, Scene 2:7 Here We Go

Already on edge from their suspicion of being followed, the goblinoid squad reacts quickly. Their attention is naturally attracted to the source of the light. Four of the goblins run across the slope in pursuit of Fugen. The other four draw back their arrows and look all around for any other foes. The hobgoblin squad leader stands with his sword at the ready.

Fugen reatreats behind a tree, which provides him with some cover from the morningstars being swung at him.

Gizerak fires his crossbow. The goblin archers all fire at him as he retreats. One of them is able to shoot him. The arrow through his thigh is painful but not life-threatening.

The energy bolts from Termix slay the hobgoblin.

Kierna looses two arrows. Both of them slay goblins.

Flarrgj moves in to attack the lead goblin, but swings wide.



OOC:

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=317999

Fugen shines the lantern and readies a move action. Initiative rolled in alphabetical order, displayed here in descending order. Goblins 19, Hobgoblin 18 (adjusted +1), Gizerak 17, Termix 17, Kierna 12, Linus 9, Flarrgj 7, Fugen 6

Round1
20 Fugen. Action triggered by goblins advancing towards him. Retreats to 345E/160N.
19 Goblins 1-4: Advance towards Fugen. Adjust course after his readied move.
19 Goblin1 340E/155N. Double move.
19 Goblin2 345E/155N. Moves and attacks Fugen. Rolls 14 with mods inc. –4 cover (tree). Misses.
19 Goblin3 350E/155N. Moves and attacks Fugen. Rolls 2 with mods inc –4 cover (tree). Misses.
19 Goblin4. 355E/160N. Moves and attacks Fugen. Rolls 12+ mods. Near miss.
19 Goblins 5-8. Ready attacks with shortbows. Resist urge to use spot skill since this would require standard action and deprive them of readied attack later.
18 Hobgoblin. Readies attack with longsword.
17 Gizerak. Shoots at hobgoblin. 9+mods. Near miss. Moves to 375E/110N. Triggers readied shortbow attacks (couldn’t shoot until after Gizerak’s attack when he became visible). 17, 10, 4, & 1 + mods. 1 hits for 5 pts of damage vs. Gizerak.
17 Termix.. Magic missile vs. hobgoblin. 7 pts of damage. Kills hobgoblin.
12 Kierna. Shoots twice (no player post, but hardly a stretch of the imagination). 18 and 16+mods. 6 and 7 damage. Kills 2 goblins (#7 & #8)
09 Linus. Moves and attacks goblin 6. 18+mods. Hits for 3 pts of damage. #6 is wounded (the one next to the hobgoblin).
07 Flarrgj. Moves and attacks goblin #5. Can’t charge due to terrain. Misses with a 3+mods.

Almost ran out of die rolls.

Fugen is next.

Everybody else wait please until after Fugen and the goblinoids act.



Last edited by crueldespot; 21st of December, 2005 at 13:34.
  #44  
Unread 21st of December, 2005, 14:28
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
Hello!

Suddenly finding himself near surrounded by goblins, Fugen decides that his current position, while it at first seemed like a good idea, isn't quite so appealing now.

Maintaining the tree between himself and as many of the goblins as possible, Fugen tumbles away to the next tree and readies an action to strike at the first goblin to approach him, while still maintaining a solid defense and the reaiming the lantern light to catch the large group of goblins following him.

[OOC: Note: Fugen is still supposed to be in posession of the lantern, as he never put it down or dropped it. Its currently held in one hand. Tumble to 170N/350E. Note: The goblins who have cover relative to Fugen cannot take AoOs so the Tumble DC should only be one at 15 (one opponent), not 4 at 15, 17, 19, & 21 (4 opponents). The tumble counts as 25 ft of movement (one diaganol and one straight at half speed), leaving Fugen with 5 ft, which Fugen uses to move to 175N/350E. He then readies an action to attack the first goblin to approach him, fighting defensively and using Combat Expertise at the max for a -6 to hit and a +5 AC.]
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman

Last edited by Black Plauge; 21st of December, 2005 at 15:01.
  #45  
Unread 22nd of December, 2005, 14:43
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
JIANGU! Chapter 4, Scene 2:8 Fugen Tumbles Away

Fugen is able to backflip away from the goblins, evading their blows. He retreats behind the next tree. The goblins follow him and make a determined attack. Two of their blows are very skillfully delivered. None of them is able to touch the weaving form of the courier.

Flarrg’s opponent puts up a fight, attempting to hit the barbarian with his morningstar.

Meanwhile, only one goblin is still alive from the main group with the hobgoblin. Having seen three of his fellows struck down in an instant, he panics. He retreats towards his teammates that pursued Fugen. Once he reaches the first tree, he dives prone behind it.



OOC:

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=318602

Round 2
20 Fugen.. Rolls 7+mods to tumble. Succeeds.
19 Goblin1 345E/175N. Rolls 18+mods to hit Fugen. Misses vs. Fugen’s tumbling full defense AC.
19 Goblin2 350E/170N. Moves and attacks Fugen. Rolls 18+mods to hit Fugen. Misses vs. Fugen’s tumbling full defense AC.
19 Goblin3 355E/170N. Moves and attacks Fugen. Rolls 16+mods to hit Fugen. Misses vs. Fugen’s tumbling full defense AC.
19 Goblin4. 355E/175N. Moves and attacks Fugen. Rolls 2+mods. Misses.
19 Goblin 5. Attacks Flarrgj. Misses with 8+mods.
19 Goblin 6. Retreats, falls prone and takes cover.

OK, Everyone can post now for the rest of round 2 and the start of round 3- that includes Fugen.



Last edited by crueldespot; 22nd of December, 2005 at 14:45.
  #46  
Unread 22nd of December, 2005, 14:48
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
Flarrgj, catching sight of Fugen in trouble tries to step up his attack, trying to cut down the goblin infront of him, then run to provide help for Fugen.

((Attack, if he can fall the goblin infront of him he'll move towords fugen to try and back him up))
  #47  
Unread 22nd of December, 2005, 23:49
Andorax's Avatar
Andorax
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1481
Location: Boise, ID, USA
Posts: 176 (0.04 per day)
Seeing the battle begun, Kierna begins hunting for a target, gliding forward until she catches sight of a goblin, and firing.

(5' step and rapid shot, if I have a target...full move and 1 shot if I need to).
__________________
Whadda ya mean, Orcs got levels too?
  #48  
Unread 23rd of December, 2005, 02:32
trendel's Avatar
trendel
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1482
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 395 (0.09 per day)
Now that the fight is moving away from him, Gizerak feels confident enough to run to the aid of Fugen, who seems beset by quite a number of foes. Before taking his first step though, he releases one last bolt. towards the goblins.

OOC: shoot at the goblin at 170N/355E. Move to 130N/375E.
  #49  
Unread 23rd of December, 2005, 15:41
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.39 per day)
Seeing that Fugen is in a bit of trouble, Termix hesitates for a split second. He then sends two more bolts of energy from his fingertips towards two goblins near Fugen.

Enough magic for this little encounter. Gotta save up for later.

OOC: Cast magic missle. One bolt at goblin in 170N/350E and the second bolt at the goblin in 170N/355E. If both goblins drop, move 135N/360E to and draw quaterstaff on the way. If one or neither goblin drop, move to 120N/360E and draw light crossbow.

Last edited by generaljimX; 23rd of December, 2005 at 15:49.
  #50  
Unread 24th of December, 2005, 00:47
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
2:9 Two Goblins Flee

JIANGU! Chapter 4, Scene 2:9 Two Goblins Flee

The hail of missiles from the henchmen managed to kill two and stagger another. The light from Fugen’s lantern makes the goblins easy targets.

Flarrgj swiftly and easily slays the goblin before him.

In a matter of seconds, there are only two goblins left standing. These last two goblins flee. They disengage from the evasive Fugen and roll down the hill to the road, where they head north as fast as they can go.



OOC:
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=319317

Round2 Continued
17 Gizerak. Shoots. Rolls natural 20 but fails to confirm crit with 12+mods –4 (target in melee). 4 pts of damage to goblin 3 .Moves to 130N/375E.
17 Termix. Magic missile. 2pts of damage to goblin2, 4pt to goblin3. Goblin3 is KOd. Moves to 120N/360E and draws xbow.
12 Kierna. Rapid shot. 15+ mods vs target in melee hits for 6 pts of damage. Second shot rolls 2 and misses.
09 Linus. Shoots at goblin 6 (same he hit earlier). Hits with 18+mods inc –4 prone. 2HP of damage. Staggered.
07 Flarrgj. Hits goblin5 with 11+mods. 12 pts of damage.

Round3
20 Fugen continues full defense.
19 Goblin1 325E/210N. Withdraws.
19 Goblin2 330E/185N. Lost 2HP to Termix. Withdraws.
19 Goblin3 355E/170N. Unconscious and bleeding.
19 Goblin4. 355E/175N. Unconscious and bleeding.
19 Goblin 5. Unconscious and bleeding.
19 Goblin 6. 355E/160N. Lost 5HP to Linus. Staggered. Prone.


 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 22:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren