Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Lando The Archmagi's Games > Fort Griffin 1870, Wild West

Reply
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 16th of January, 2007, 09:48
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.99 per day)
Chapter 7: In pursuit of justice continued....

Jackson takes position right behind Buck as he leads his horse up the rocky trail towards where the mounted fellow road off too.

DosSantos, Jeb, Jose, Doc Wheeler and Doc London all mount up and follow with Raven behind as she loads up Randall's horse with her gear.

The hills are eerily quiet beyond the noise of all the horses and the gear strapped or hanging onto them.

[ooc: Anyone trying to track? Spot/Listen checks]

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 16th of January, 2007 at 09:52.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 19th of January, 2007, 11:22
Flagg Thornington's Avatar
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member: #952
Location: Sir Texas Sir
Posts: 1,026 (0.22 per day)
When the posse saddles up Buck follows suit and puts his boots in his stirrups. After riding a short spell, the deputized Texan stops and turns to the other riders. "I reckon I feel like a sittin' duck just ridin' along like we'is."

Buck stows his rifle and fetches his new shotgun while proceding to speak in his southern drawl.

"I figure we need a scout to sneak on up ahead. So as to see what we's up 'gainst. They already know's we's comin', y'all best be careful."
__________________
We all live n learn, when we survive.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 19th of January, 2007, 18:38
xenonnights
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Member: #1860
Posts: 76 (0.02 per day)
Riding up the hill, Raven keeps her Revolver unlashed and her eyes vigilant as she watches the others in front of her and occasionally looks behind her to make sure they are not being followed.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 21st of January, 2007, 10:03
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.06 per day)
Jeb follows the others up the slope, scanning the higher slopes for any signs of enemies.

"I figure we need a scout to sneak on up ahead. So as to see what we's up 'gainst. They already know's we's comin', y'all best be careful."
Jeb dismounts and walks to the front, leading Daisy. "Well, I tried to look for some tracks where we met that kid but I couldn't see anything. If'n we ain't following 'em by sight, I'd say we all dismount and go a bit slower so's I can look for their tracks."

With that, Jeb goes to the front and while following the trail, he looks for telltale signs of the tracks of the Wild Bunch.

OOC
Track (Survival): 11 (Roll) +6 (Skill) = 17 (without Tracking modifiers)
Spot 19 (Roll) + 6 (Skill) = 25
Listen 8 (Roll) + 1 (Skill) = 9
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 22nd of January, 2007, 12:35
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.99 per day)
After a brief and hurried ride up the twisting rocky trail you lose sight of the mounted figure and Buck slows his horse and swaps out his rifle for his shotgun.

Hearing Buck's words, Jackson nods and puts up his rifle and dismounts leading his horse. He draws one of his dual pistols. "Aye, its likely they'll try to ambush us." He puffs his cigar and looks at the others as Raven has her pistol readied, eyeing the surrounding hills.

Jeb takes point as he begins to look at the ground and spots some tracks that seem to lead deeper between two very steep cliffs, looks like a very good spot to be shot at from above.

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 22nd of January, 2007 at 12:37.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 23rd of January, 2007, 11:39
Flagg Thornington's Avatar
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member: #952
Location: Sir Texas Sir
Posts: 1,026 (0.22 per day)
Spotting the potential ambush spot causes Buck to stop and look about for the glint of gunsteel.
__________________
We all live n learn, when we survive.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 24th of January, 2007, 03:50
Boomlaor's Avatar
Boomlaor
Devourer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1478
Location: St. George, UT
Posts: 1,151 (0.26 per day)
Originally Posted by Lando The Archmagi "Aye, its likely they'll try to ambush us."
"Not if we're the ones doin' the ambushing." Doc London shades his eyes and squints, looking for a path up onto the cliffs. "Think we could get up there somehow?"

[spot check]
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 24th of January, 2007, 04:41
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.39 per day)
Ill move up, sure theyll be waiting

with that DosSantos gets his guns ready and starts to scout ahead taking care not to be seen and being silently

hide 16
move silently 17
spot 22
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 24th of January, 2007, 09:55
xenonnights
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Member: #1860
Posts: 76 (0.02 per day)
Raven holsters her pistol, pulls her long gun from it's scabbard and cautiously moves her mount after the others.

"Don't like this. Perfect place for an ambush"
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 25th of January, 2007, 01:50
nezeray's Avatar
nezeray
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Member: #1814
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 46 (0.01 per day)
Doc Whealer cautiously follows everyone, with his mind wandering to his medical bag. If he has to dive for cover, he's taking the bag and his rifle.

Doc Whealer
__________________
"The easy way is not always the RIGHT way." - Doc Whealer
[roll]<#d#+#>[/roll]
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 26th of January, 2007, 03:35
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.99 per day)
The pass of doom

Seeing Buck and Jackson dismount, everyone else dismounts and grabs their guns and begin looking around.

From the looks of the steep hill on either side of this narrow pass, its an obvious ambush site.

DosSantos unholsters his pistols and moves away from his horse, trying to sneak along the edge of the pass.

Raven swaps out her pistol for her rifle. Jackson, Buck and Doc London all look around as they lead their horses trying to see any glint of gunmetal or anything. Everyone is on edge.

As DosSantos moves to hide in the shadows of a small rock at the edge of the trail, he sees the glint of gunmetal as a shot nearly misses his foot.

Everyone hears the shot and then Buck, Jackson and Doc London all see the gun's metal gleam in the fading light. Then more gunshots rain down from either side.

[ooc: initiative]

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 29th of January, 2007 at 10:45.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 26th of January, 2007, 07:46
Left-Handed Bandit's Avatar
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member: #1052
Location: Promise City
Posts: 401 (0.09 per day)
Jose glances around quickly for a defensive position, then raises his rifle and looks for a target to bring into his custom sights of his carbine.

Initiative 7
Spot 9
Attack (if able) 7

__________________
Davy Jones, CTS
Your friendly, neighborhood Navy vet

The United States Navy: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of all who threaten it!

Extending an olive branch doesn't count when you're trying to poke the other fella in the eye.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 26th of January, 2007, 12:44
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.06 per day)
At the sound of the gunfire, Jeb springs upright, his eyes scanning the terrain for a gully or rocky outcropping which he can use to get Daisy out of the line of fire. He pulls on Daisy's reins firmly, brooking no dissent. He doesn't bother to pull out his long rifle until after he's under cover.

Initiative 6
Spot 24
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 30th of January, 2007, 04:18
Boomlaor's Avatar
Boomlaor
Devourer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1478
Location: St. George, UT
Posts: 1,151 (0.26 per day)
Doc London hears the chorus of gunfire breaking out all around him, and begins to act on instinct. He grabs his medical kit with one hand, his shotgun with his other, and rushes toward the pass, trying to find some cover, prepared to administer to any of the group unlucky enough to be hit. Remembering the glint of the gun he had seen, he leans out around the rock he's behind and blasts off a round hurriedly.

Initiative 14
Attack 12
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 31st of January, 2007, 16:35
xenonnights
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Member: #1860
Posts: 76 (0.02 per day)
Raven spurs her horse around along the wall of the pass opposite where the shot came from. She yells as she spurs her horse back the way they came from at a full gallop.

"If we stay here we will be cut down!"

Roll to Ride: 14 + 8 = 22
Roll to stay on Randalls Horse: 11 + 3 = 14

Raven doesnt look back as she is cursing under her breath for being so stupid. Once she reaches safety, she looks for a way up to the cliffs so as to even the playing field with the ambushers.

Spot Check for a way up the cliff: 18 + 2 = 20

Last edited by xenonnights; 6th of February, 2007 at 13:02.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 1st of February, 2007, 03:34
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.99 per day)
As the shots ring out, the party quickly dissolves into action. This is an obvious spot and the ambush as well calculated. However, most are reacting to slow to do much good as several more bullets fly and both Jeb and Jose nearly take a shot in the shoulder. Bullets bounce all around Raven and Jackson as they too lead their horses. Doc London grabs his shotgun and med kit and his horse runs back out of the area towards the trail. The other horses all whiney as the shots ring out...there is no cover beyond the rock that DosSantos is hiding behind and its only big enough for 2-3 to crouch or duck, but not stand up fully behind it.


Round 1 Initiative Order
Doc Whealer
Buck
Doc London
Jackson
Jose
Jeb
DosSantos (hiding)

[ooc: rolled initiative for Doc Whealer (18) and Buck (17) ]

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 1st of February, 2007 at 03:44.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 1st of February, 2007, 04:08
nezeray's Avatar
nezeray
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Member: #1814
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 46 (0.01 per day)
Doc Whealer will hold his action to see if his friends charge or dive for cover. With rifle and doctor's bag in hand, he'll follow their lead. "Is anyone hit?"
__________________
"The easy way is not always the RIGHT way." - Doc Whealer
[roll]<#d#+#>[/roll]
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 2nd of February, 2007, 10:07
Flagg Thornington's Avatar
Flagg Thornington
Mohrg

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member: #952
Location: Sir Texas Sir
Posts: 1,026 (0.22 per day)
Realizing the danger of the ambush and still tender from yesterday's gunshot causes Buck to fall back to seek cover. But before he leads his horse back to safety he fires his shotgun up toward the glint he saw.
__________________
We all live n learn, when we survive.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 3rd of February, 2007, 02:53
Boomlaor's Avatar
Boomlaor
Devourer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1478
Location: St. George, UT
Posts: 1,151 (0.26 per day)
Figuring some covering fire would be a good thing with no cover available, Doc London unloads his shotgun at the glint he spotted, then deliberately reloads.

11
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 3rd of February, 2007, 04:13
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.99 per day)
More shots whiz by the party members as Doc Whealer ducks behind the rock outcropping. Doc London fires his shotgun and misses as he backs his horse up. Buck fires his shotgun as well, and blasts some rock and debris, but doesn't appear to hit anything. A shot grazes Buck's other shoulder as he leads his horse back away from the pass.

Jackson lets his horse back out of the area after grabbing his rifle and diving for cover behind the rock.



Round 1 Initiative Order
Doc Whealer
Buck
Doc London
Jackson
Jose
Jeb
DosSantos (hiding)

Rifleman 1
Rifleman 2
Rifleman 3

Wounds
Buck -

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 3rd of February, 2007 at 04:15.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 3rd of February, 2007, 07:03
Left-Handed Bandit's Avatar
Left-Handed Bandit
Vampire Spawn

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member: #1052
Location: Promise City
Posts: 401 (0.09 per day)
While there's not much cover around, Jose knows he can still make himself a more difficult target to hit. Dropping prone, the young Californian draws a bead on one of the attackers. There's no time to line up a proper shot, not with the amount of lead flying around.

"Lord, make us accurate, and forgive us for the lives we must take today," he prays just before letting loose a shot.

Attack: 9 , don't forget an additional +2 vs. range penalties if he's firing more than 165 feet.

Masterwork Spencer Carbine [+2 ranged, 1d10 damage, 18-20 (x3) critical, 165ft range increment, ROF 1, Magazine 7 (3 rounds to reload), Med Size, .54 LA, Misfire 12, custom sights (+2 attack vs. range penalties only), lengthened barrel (+10 ft. range increment, reflected above)]
__________________
Davy Jones, CTS
Your friendly, neighborhood Navy vet

The United States Navy: Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of all who threaten it!

Extending an olive branch doesn't count when you're trying to poke the other fella in the eye.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 3rd of February, 2007, 14:30
Lucky
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Member: #1133
Location: Another Place - Another Time
Posts: 269 (0.06 per day)
After scanning the surroundings and seeing no ready cover for himself - let alone Daisy - Jeb grabs his rifle from the scabbard alongside his saddle and lets go of Daisy's reins, allowing her to run away with the other horses.

"Is anyone hit?"

"Not yet. I can see at least three of them... 2 on the eastern side, one on the western side." Jeb shouts to the others.

Jeb then runs to the canyon wall on the eastern side, hoping to make it difficult for those directly above him to fire down. Dropping quickly to one knee, he fires his rifle at the one on the western side.

11 (Range 120')
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 6th of February, 2007, 17:40
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.39 per day)
Dos santos has been trying to move closer to the assailants he pops out guns at the ready looking to shoot the closest rifleman

hide
11
move silently
21

initiative
24

to hit #1
27
damage if it hits
8

to hit #2
12
damage if it hits
4
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 6th of February, 2007, 17:43
Belkregos's Avatar
Belkregos
Corpse Gatherer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Member: #787
Location: San Diego Ca.
Posts: 1,910 (0.39 per day)
OOC: wow, shot#1 was a crit, here goes the confirmation

shot #1 crit conf.
13
__________________
The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man's heart.
The Myth of Sisyphus
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 6th of February, 2007, 21:07
nezeray's Avatar
nezeray
Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Member: #1814
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 46 (0.01 per day)
After seeing everyone head for cover and fire on the riflemen, Doc Whealer follows their lead, jumping off his horse and hiding on the Eastern side of the trail.

hide

21

move silently


7

to hit #1

6

damage if it hits


7

(ooc: not sure if Doc gets more than one shot).
__________________
"The easy way is not always the RIGHT way." - Doc Whealer
[roll]<#d#+#>[/roll]
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 17:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren