Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > crueldespot's Games > Jiangu!

 
Thread Tools
  #76  
Unread 8th of January, 2006, 04:20
Andorax's Avatar
Andorax
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1481
Location: Boise, ID, USA
Posts: 176 (0.04 per day)
Throughout all of this, Kierna has remained some distance away, keeping an alert eye out for any possible trouble. Though she has no concern for the wellbeing of goblins, she also is not accustomed to putting someone to the question...or disposing of them afterwards.
  #77  
Unread 8th of January, 2006, 16:28
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.39 per day)
"We really don't have time to argue about this," Termix says with a quirk. "I don't think we should kill him, but I'm not sure if we should keep him alive, either. We need someone just to make a decision."
__________________
Minion of Doom
Owner of a Benicus Man-Card, an akiko kumquat, an Illusioned Anori Hilt Badge, a zachol iced green tea, and a Link Deku Leaf.
Situation: Normal
  #78  
Unread 9th of January, 2006, 09:34
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.85 per day)
In sign language so the goblin doesn't hear, Fugen, knock him out. We'll gag him, blindfold him, and tie him to a tree.
  #79  
Unread 9th of January, 2006, 23:03
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
Nodding, Fugen positions himself behind the goblin, using the excuse of checking on one of the horses saddles to do so. After the goblin has returned its attention back to the more vocal members of the party, he lines up and smacks the goblin on the back of the head.

[OOC: Unarmed strike to deal non-lethal damage. Coup de grace if possible.]
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #80  
Unread 10th of January, 2006, 13:21
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
Flarrgj's eyes almost bulge at the actions.

"Should kill, why keep alive!?" He yells in that whisper that those who know they have to be quiet but are still angry use.
  #81  
Unread 10th of January, 2006, 13:59
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
JIANGU! Chapter 4, Scene 2:14 Interrogation


The goblin is already on the verge of passing out from his wounds, so it takes no effort to knock him unconscious.

It was an hour and a half before dawn when the henchmen first arrived at the intersection. Forty five minutes have passed in the time in took Kierna and Linus to scout ahead, return, and fight a battle.

If they travelled on their mounts, the henchmen could reach Mikon's tower right before dawn. On foot, they will get there soon after the sun has come up.

Darkness normally seems preferable for stealth, but in the dark with no lantern their vision will be half that of the goblin sentries.

During the interrogation, Flarrgj has finished looting the bodies. They find 1 used longsword, 1 used suit of studded leather armor, 1 used light shield, 1 gold Zauchan clan medallion, corporal rank insignia, 8 used small morningstars, 8 used small suits of leather armor, 4 small shields, 4 used small light crossbows, 80 small crossbow bolts, 8 small javelins, 2 tinderboxes, 4 large sacks, 3 decks of well-worn playing cards, 1 regular and 8 small wineskins, enough fresh bread and moldy cheese for 2 meals each, and 100 gold pieces worth of coinage.



OOC: Automatic hit against helpless opponent with zero HP remaining. No need to roll.

EDIT: See paragraph about looting, above. +50xp x lvl to Flarrgj for his dilligence.

Last edited by crueldespot; 10th of January, 2006 at 22:47.
  #82  
Unread 10th of January, 2006, 14:10
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
Signing to the halflings, Fugen notes that they should set out if they are going to head to the tower. It would take until dawn to reach it. With the ambush party at the fork though, its doubtful that the goblins in the tower would be ready for an assult. Plus if they waited until daylight, the guard shift that just got back to the tower would probably be asleep.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #83  
Unread 11th of January, 2006, 11:38
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
Flarrgj pockets the coinage, not being secretive about it, as well as keeping one of the decks of cards. He looks to the others.

"Perhaps something of use? Is gold madalion and corporal marks..."

When Fugen knocks the goblin out Flarrgj frownes in outrage again.

"Why keep alive!?" he asks.
  #84  
Unread 12th of January, 2006, 05:49
trendel's Avatar
trendel
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1482
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 395 (0.09 per day)
Trying to keep his voice calm, Gizerak speaks to the group as he cuts a strip of cloth from the unconcious goblin's garments to tie it up.

"Flaargj. I am not willing to kill a helpless prisoner. If you wish to do so, so be it, but make sure you do it after I leave. Goblins have a history of evil, so I won't shed a tear at its demise, but I won't kill it like that in cold blood."

"We need to get moving if we are to reach the tower in a reasonable time. Since they seem to be fairly organized and have a bugbear ordering them around, they are likely to have at least one sentry on duty. Let's get the horses and hopefully we can still get there while under the cover of darkness."

With that said, Gizerak gathers up a handful of crossbow bolts from the loot that Flaargj found, as well as one of the decks of cards and the medalion and rank insignia. He quickly heads back to where the horses were restrained and mounts up. With only a glance to see if Kierna is following along, he begins to ride down the path as it veers from the main road.

Last edited by trendel; 13th of January, 2006 at 07:34.
  #85  
Unread 12th of January, 2006, 16:32
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
Flarrgj glares at Gizerak but says notohing. After the halfing walks away he quickly looses his axe and beheads the knocked out goblen. He cleans the blade and follows the main group.
  #86  
Unread 13th of January, 2006, 21:25
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
2:15 The Last Hundred Yards

JIANGU! Chapter 4, Scene 2:15 The Last Hundred Yards
The henchmen climb the mountain path, pausing to ensure that they arrive after sunup.

Once day breaks, they are impressed by the vista around them. They are now high in the mountains. An aerial view of spurs and draws radiates behind them, shrouded in morning mist.

Termix signals when they are around the bend from the tower entrance. Over the crest of the hill they can see the top of the tower. Another step and the ridgeline will no longer block their view of the entrance.

A peek around the rocks reveals the tower entrance. It is about 150 feet away. The building is blackened with soot, and most of the building roofs have collapsed. Strangely, the roof of the main tower is intact.

The goblin's sketch appears to be accurate. One sentry can be seen on the battlements behind the stables to the right. Another is perched on the left rear edge of the stables, looking down towards the trail below. Fortuntately, the henchmen passed that stretch of trail before dawn and goblin nightvision is measured in feet instead of miles.

The goblin's map indicates another sentry positon at a ladder by the main gate, but that sentry does not appear to be currently posted where they could see him.

Last edited by crueldespot; 13th of January, 2006 at 21:52.
  #87  
Unread 18th of January, 2006, 02:08
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.39 per day)
"Alright," Termix begins, speaking quietly to keep from being heard by the sentrys. "Any plans of attack floating through your minds? I'm not much of a stratagist, but most of you seem to know what you are doing."
__________________
Minion of Doom
Owner of a Benicus Man-Card, an akiko kumquat, an Illusioned Anori Hilt Badge, a zachol iced green tea, and a Link Deku Leaf.
Situation: Normal
  #88  
Unread 18th of January, 2006, 03:55
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
We'll be exposed and vulnerable so long as the gate remains closed, Fugen signs, once we round this bend. We need to get the gate open so that we can get inside where the goblinoids numbers won't be as much of an advantage. Perhaps sniping off the sentries?
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #89  
Unread 18th of January, 2006, 23:13
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.85 per day)
Linus relays Fugen's thoughts quietly. "I'm not much of a sniper. I can try with the arrows and bow, but I think Kierna is better suited for that."
  #90  
Unread 19th of January, 2006, 00:26
trendel's Avatar
trendel
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1482
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 395 (0.09 per day)
"Termix. Are you sure there is no other way into the compound? I imagine someone with the power of your former master would leave himself an alternate escape route. I know that you don't recall one, but while Kierna prepares to take out those sentries, think on it perhaps. While our current plan seems the best, perhaps we can still find a better way."
__________________
Je porte mon fromage dans mon slip.

---It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.---
  #91  
Unread 19th of January, 2006, 15:21
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
"Am thinking we should wait for second squad like old plan..."

Flarrgj seems unhappy with this entire situation.
  #92  
Unread 20th of January, 2006, 04:20
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
Signing in response to Flarrgj's statement, Fugen reminds the halflings that the goblin they interogated had indicated that the second group wouldn't come out until the previous ambush party had returned.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #93  
Unread 20th of January, 2006, 07:35
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.85 per day)
Linus relays Fugen's comments to the others. He then pauses to think and see if he can come up with any other ideas to help make this assault go smoother. Not being much of a tactician, he shrugs after a few minutes and looks around hopefully. He thinks to himself, Maybe someone else has a plan.
  #94  
Unread 20th of January, 2006, 10:23
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.39 per day)
Still speak quietly, Termix replies to Gizerak, "Mikon had no need for an escape tunnel. He was a rather powerful wizard(in my opinion)." Then, to everyone about Flarrgj's suggestion, "We're already here, and I don't feel like waiting 12 plus hours for the next patrol to come. They don't know we're here, and we more or less have them by surprise. I think we should just continue as planned. Take the shot/s."
__________________
Minion of Doom
Owner of a Benicus Man-Card, an akiko kumquat, an Illusioned Anori Hilt Badge, a zachol iced green tea, and a Link Deku Leaf.
Situation: Normal
  #95  
Unread 20th of January, 2006, 23:20
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.85 per day)
"Alright, since we seem to all be thinking the same thing, I suppose I'll speak my mind. Kierna, take out the guards. Once they're done, we'll need to enter the front doors," Linus rolls his eyes at this, "and get started. At this point, they should all be asleep and those two guards shouldn't give us too much of a problem, but this standing around is killing me."
  #96  
Unread 25th of January, 2006, 12:07
Andorax's Avatar
Andorax
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1481
Location: Boise, ID, USA
Posts: 176 (0.04 per day)
"I can try to take out both, but any additional shots make it more likely we'll succeed."

Kierna draws two arrows, setting them out before her, and prepares to fire when the others are ready.
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 17:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren