Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > David's Games > Kingdom of Danleb

Unread 22nd of March, 2009, 15:00
Captain Dirtbag
Unanimated Corpse

Member: #7478
Cool. Alrighty that explains a lot.

Next question - that pdf with the spells don't include Water spells, were they left out on purpose?
Unread 23rd of March, 2009, 02:02
David
Vampire Spawn [GM]

Member: #3238
Cost of Magery: Magery 0 costs 5 points and is required for any higher level of Magery.
As an Innate Caster (Sorcerer) in this setting Magery costs 8 pts per level if you are limited to one college. For two colleges the cost is 14 pts per level, and for three or more college add another 2 pts per college per level.
You are allowed to take up to Magery 4 if you have access to two or more college, or Magery 5 if you are limited to a single college.

For an area spell you multiply the cost by the radius (in yards) of the area that you choose. For example if you affect a single 1 yard hex you pay the base cost, but if you want to affect that hex plus the next two rings of hexes you multiply the cost by 3. so a spell with a cost of 2 cast to affect radious three would cost 6 energy.

1/2D 40, Max 80 means that the spell does full damage at up to 40 yards and half damage beyond 40 yards. And that the spells maximum range is 80 yards.

Yes, Acc 2 means Accuracy +2. Accuracy, like in 3rd ed, only applies if you take at least one turn to aim before throwing the spell.

GeekEclectic has the energy sources right. I am not currently allowing Energy Reserve.

Ah, right. That PDF is incomplete, sorry. I'll fix it and replace the file.
Unread 23rd of March, 2009, 04:44
David
Vampire Spawn [GM]

Ok, the corrected spell list is here.
Unread 24th of March, 2009, 12:07
Captain Dirtbag
Unanimated Corpse

Cool. I'll try to get my character done tomorrow. I don't think I have the brain power to put it together tonight.
Unread 24th of March, 2009, 14:05
Captain Dirtbag
Unanimated Corpse

Question - if I took just 1 college of magic for now, if at a later point I wanted to add a second one do I just pay the difference in cost for the Magery skill?

Additionally - to learn new spells do you just pay the CP cost or are the other requirements?
Unread 24th of March, 2009, 23:44
David
Vampire Spawn [GM]

If you take the single college limitation now, you are stuck with it.
You can buy your magery for two colleges, and only take spells from one for now if you like. Magery shows your potential.
Each spell specifies whether there are any requirements to take the spell, such as advantages, or other spells. If another spell is indicated, you need spend only at least one point in that spell.
To learn new spells you must experiment (spend time, and make thamatology skill check).