Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > hedgeknight's Games > Adventures in Sembia

Unread 7th of November, 2018, 08:51
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

Member: #1690
OOC Discussion and Stuff

Alright > many thanks to Gralhuk for altering this new gaming forum to my current email game with old gaming buddies.
I'm going to be storing all of our shared posts thus far, and hopefully move to this site for everything in the next few days.
We originally began this game with 9 players > yes 9 players!
Almost from the getgo, we lost one, and others soon followed > not surprising at all with so many players, but still...it kinda pissed me off.

This game began on August 19, 2018 and here we are a few months later and still haven't really gotten very far. Which is cool with me > I love building on character development and working in the setting.

I'll create a guest thread in case anyone viewing wants to post. I ask that you do not post in the other threads. Thanks.

Unread 7th of November, 2018, 09:15
hedgeknight
Sucka of da Java [GM]

Member: #1690
Here is the end of the first group post, what I posted to all the potential players. I had forgotten I invited 13 to the game!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hail and well met, fellers! Are you ready to dig your old D&D books out of the closet and wipe the dust off them? Maybe roll some virtual polyhedrons...or even real ones? Do you have a few minutes every week (or every other week) to remember the thrill of adventure and imagination? If so, I'd like for you to join me in an email game of good ol' D&D. Here's the skinny:

Adventure Setting > the Forgotten Realms, specifically Sembia and the Sea of Fallen Stars.
Level & Edition > 4th level (maybe 5th depending on the # of players), and I plan on using portions of 1E, 2E, 3.5, and 5E...meaning, your character can be from your favorite edition of D&D!
Posting Rate > I plan on posting when I can, and with school starting back and other time commitments, I figure that will be at most, 1 post per week. If you can only post every other week, that works for me. Players tend to post more frequently when a new game begins, and then slow down over time.
Email vs. PbP (Play-By-Post) forum > In an email game, we can do pretty much whatever we want and do not have to adhere to forum rules. And there is no learning curve with online dice rollers, attaching pictures, etc > you just post in your email and it works! Now...if there is a strong desire to use a gaming forum, we certainly can go that route, and there are some great forums out there.
Length of Game > I'm using an adventure from Dungeon magazine and the game will run until you complete the adventure > I'm guessing about 4-6 months, give or take.
13 players...really? Well, I wanted to invite some of the best players I've ever gamed with and see how many would be able to join up. All of us have commitments that pull us in various directions and consume much of our free time. So, if you can't jump on board this time around, that's okay. Maybe you can join in the next time.

So...if you can join in, if you are able to help out Aunt Marla, here's what you do:
Post a reply to the introduction above IN CHARACTER and you are in. That simple. No need to roll up a character yet (or dig an old one out of the drawer). Just post a reply and that will let me know you want in. We can talk about character creation once I know more about who is going to play.
If you can't join up, send a reply ONLY to ME (i.e. do not "Reply All") > doesn't have to be a long explanation (although it can be), just a "Can't play this time around, dude. Thanks for the invite!" will suffice. Again, simple right?
If I don't hear back from you within a week (this time next Sunday morning, the 26th), I'll assume you are not interested. Okay? Okay.