Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Shakespeare's Games > Marvel: Los Angeles

Unread 3rd of September, 2010, 09:14
Pulse495
Skeleton

Member: #7978
Harley looked at the kid in front of him who seemed somewhat afluster at talking to him. There seemed to be several versions of the lad, all identical, some of them seeming to try and reach to take the unconcious Lipman from him. He wasn't overly preturbed by seeing more than one of them, stranger s&*t had happened.

He moved his arm slightly, not a confrontational gesture at all, but forestalling their attempts to relieve him of the unconcious man:
"Your stone companion is right, we need answers from this man and we don't have time to be all civilized about getting them" He cocked his head slightly, indicating the man he held. "Why don't you guys let me have a little chat with him in private and see what I can work out from him?"

He smiled at Evan as the lad had asked his question. Normally, he'd have balked at the idea, spending the evening with a bunch of highschoolers, but these lot did seem ok, if a bit naive. Plus it would get him away from the hotel and those other idiots in the band:
"I can bring the answers and perhaps a few beers round and hang with you guys for a while after, if thats what you had in mind?" A thought occured to him briefly that these kids probably weren't even legal age to drink but hell, he'd been weened on beer and never did him any harm.

The creature of stone seemed to regard him with stony silence, but he could sense the disapproval rolling off the creature at his methods. Well let him disapprove, sometimes there wasn't any room for subtly and scum like this didn't deserve anything:
"You stone friend might well be able to get the answers, but he might be just a touch too intimidating. He's got presence, but no offence man, you don't look human. I can scare the bugger, and then let him 'fess up to another man." The easy smile and casual body language, apparently unhindered by the man still dangling, radiated "chill, and trust me", and it came across naturally.

----------------------------------
OOC: I know you don't use stones against PC's, but Shakespeare suggested I put it in as an illustrator of just how charming and persuasive he is coming across as. It's the equivilent of 4 stones in Pursuasion and 2 in Charm, and yes, he does have those actions.
Unread 5th of September, 2010, 22:20
Haraphen
Ghoul

Member: #7958
Toxin's spine crawled not in response to an emdiate threat but to the panthers movements and the far of sound of syrens. Havok had a good point but there were cops on route. He moved up to Havok and placed a non theataning hand on the arm that held lipman alloft. "Not the place." He then took a handfull of lipmans shirt in his other hand. "Not the time." With one hard yank and the sound of ripping cloth and possibly even pulled chest hair Toxin removed Lipman from Havok's grasp.

"There's a church north of here that has a garden in an alleyway behind. Real descrete and other then the roofs theres only one entrance. Meet us there. I'll keep lipman company." He webbed up lipmans boddy and held it close to his chest so to not throw off his own center of gravity. He leapt up and all but copied Pantharines route to the roof only with a few unecassery spins and flips included. When he landed he turned and gave one last wave to the then turned to the Jill. "I hope you can keep up." He then began running and leaping across the low roofs unable to webswing due the unconciose man in his arms.
Unread 6th of September, 2010, 10:29
Ergonomic Cat
Bodak [GM]

Member: #8160
Originally Posted by Haraphen #
"There's a church north of here that has a garden in an alleyway behind. Real descrete and other then the roofs theres only one entrance. Meet us there. I'll keep lipman company." He webbed up lipmans boddy and held it close to his chest so to not throw off his own center of gravity. He leapt up and all but copied Pantharines route to the roof only with a few unecassery spins and flips included. When he landed he turned and gave one last wave to the then turned to the Jill. "I hope you can keep up." He then began running and leaping across the low roofs unable to webswing due the unconciose man in his arms.
He watched as Toxin seized the man impulsively and leapt off, and Igneous shook his head and slightly and, seemingly without realizing it, raised his hands in a gesture of warding. Insofar as it was possible to tell with an animate and sensate creature of stone and myth, he seemed either nervous, afraid, or upset.

"I...the newcomer, he is perhaps right in this case. I fear that this man is unlikely to fear my form, as he is clearly used to such as us, even bringing advanced weaponry for my benefit. Simply standing before him, my usual tactic, is unlikely to help. Let him be harangued by one of his own kind, who seems...better suited for it."

He turned to look at the new man, sizing him up. He tried to stem his natural disdain for the man. He did help them, and the others seemed to hold him in high regard. It was becoming quickly clear that the world was not as black and white as he had hoped - even those on the side of right seemed to be forced to actions he normally wouldn't consider. Of course, he himself had implied he would do the same to criminals a number of times, but he had of yet not been forced to act.

As the sirens grew louder and louder, Igneous became visibly more and more concerned. "I know this church - I will stand watch outside, while you learn from him what you can. But be careful - by Conduit's word, this man has driven several people to suicide. Don't stay alone with him, and watch your feelings...." After this uncharacteristically large amount of speech, he turned and took to the sky, dwindling quickly in size until he was no more than three feet tall, and made his way to the graveyard behind the church to perch upon an empty plinth and observe anyone's approach.
Unread 7th of September, 2010, 02:17
Shakespeare
Mohrg [GM]

Member: #7929
Editor's Notes: Since Toxin suggested the location, I'll let him detail what the place looks like, and his arrival with Lipman. Everyone else introduce themselves into the new scenario, and I'll jump in with the criminal's awakening.
Unread 8th of September, 2010, 01:31
Haraphen
Ghoul

Toxin jumoed to the last roof before he reached the church. infront of the church was a large expansive graveyard. Busy with intricatly carved grave stones and tombs. Large headge walls saround the eadges of the graveyard ending at a large pathway that lead between the gravees to the doors of the church. From gound level you wouldnt be able to see the front of the church at all. Before the church doors themselves stuude a stone war mamorial warn away threw time. The area was sarounded by beautiful planted flowers. making the grim scene look oddly pleasent. The church itself was a difrent story. It was worn down, clearly broken in places and boarded up. It looked almost ready to crumble from a slight breeze. The fact it was still standing was a testiment to its craftmanship, or maybe the faith people had in it.

Toxin slid down the wall of the bulding he stood on using one hand to slow his descent then quickly sprinted to the war mamorial. He dumped the still unconciose Lipman on the ground unceramoniasly and waited for the others to arrive keeping a keen eye on lipman.
Unread 8th of September, 2010, 04:46
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

Member: #7768
Waiting for an answer, Evan's mind raced, looking for a solution to their predicament. He certainly felt the need for someone to explain what had happened to the police, but it couldn't be him - he wanted to know what Lipman had to say for himself. And how he'd stopped his powers.

Evan would stay, and wait for the police. But the clones would go ahead, there to help with the interrogation. He nodded over to the Hunter and the Warrior, and they turned and started running their way back to the car, to make their way to the church and assist as much as possible.

Evan turned to Havoc, as he leant up against the remains of one wall where Igneous' shoulders had knocked some of the stone free. "You might want to split, maybe. Celebrities getting arrested's only going to get this on the news. Follow them to the church. The Legion will protect you, if you need it."

Evan waited at the scene, ready to defend their actions, yet again, to the police. This time, they'd just wanted to watch a show. He hadn't wanted to get involved with anything.

(Waiting for Havoc's response - if he goes with the Warrior and the Hunter, he can feel free to detail the Hunter driving them through the town to the church.)
To the Arena! To the Death!
Unread 10th of September, 2010, 15:09
Ergonomic Cat
Bodak [GM]

Member: #8160
Igneous approached the church cautiously, and slowly. Seeing Toxin drop Lipman at the door and settle in to wait, he nodded to himself, and scanned the area around the church. The graveyard was impressive, with a number of large and ornate monuments. He even saw a gargoyle perched on one, though it was a fairly poorly made sculpture. Still, it would do for company. He settled to the ground carefully, trying not to knock any monuments as he landed, and again felt the Stone and Earth beneath him. It was slightly distant here, but still below, and he smiled as he felt it flow up his legs and suffuse his body.

When he open his eyes, he was about the same size as his brother in stone - perhaps 4' tall at most. He clambered up on to what looked to be the grave of Thomas Brubaker (1892-1922) and crouched down, keeping an eye out for both his friends, and any interlopers, while also keeping tabs on Lipman, just in case (who knew what other tricks he had?)
Unread 12th of September, 2010, 04:47
Pulse495
Skeleton

Member: #7978
Harley nodded appreciatingly at Legion, gratefully acknowledging the offer of support and aid. The young man didn't know anything about him, but his concern told Havoc an awful lot about the true man that lay beneth the surface:

"I appreciate the offer, but I have my own methods of travel and my own capacity to take care of myself. I'll see you at the meeting point with the others in a short time. Be safe kid."

He reached into the back of his mind and gently brought his power to the forefront. His eyes shut, but he could almost sense the world through his telekinesis as he felt around mentally. The power slipped gently underneath the soles of the feet like a solid metal plate, and he exerted himself, pushing as if a man was raising himself from a push up.

For a heartbeat, nothing seemed to happen, then he began to move upwards, at a pace comparable to a lift, and his eyes snapped open. His head tilted up and he began to ascend towards the rooftop. A keen observer might have noticed briefly the pinched grimace around his eyes, as though a severe migrane was setting in, vice like and burning in his brain.

He came to the level of the rooftop, and carefully and gracefully stepped off, turning for a heartbeat and flashing a devil may care smile down at the kid below. At an easy jog, Havoc set out across the rooftop, covering the chasms between the buildings by easily, augmenting his leaps and sailing clear through the air with the aid of his telekinetic abilities.
---------------

About 15 minutes later

It didn't take Havoc long to cover the distance to the church, being able to travel literally as the crow flies. He decended to the church graveyard, eyes glancing around, the shadows swallowing the ground up, the tombstones jutting out of the black ground like silent bastions in defence of the scupted archways of the foreboding church.

He looked around the silent turf and at the shadowed building. He couldn't make out any identifiable shapes besides the gargoyles and a fleeting thought occured that maybe one of those little stone figures might be the stone gargoyle that had fought with the teenagers. Well, time to announce himself properly:

"Anyone about? It's Harley Havoc!" He followed with a shrill and high pitched wolf whistle, easily audible within at least 50 yards.
Unread 12th of September, 2010, 06:52
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

A few minutes after Havoc arrived on the scene, Evan's Subaru squealed to a stop in front of the church, and the Hunter and Warrior piled out of the SUV and made their way to the church. They made their way up to the door, nodding to Harley and made his way over to Toxin.

The Warrior spoke to the symbiote, "How do you think he was able to banish the Legion so simply?"
To the Arena! To the Death!
Unread 16th of September, 2010, 21:16
Shakespeare
Mohrg [GM]

Member: #7929
The police arrived not long after the group's departure amongst a song of siren and a hail of rolling, florescent lights. Two squad cars pulled up before the alleyway's entrance, and another rolled around to the far side of the building, coming to a screeching halt there; the cops inside turned in their seats and began surveying the area as their companions from the first two cars stepped out of their vehicles.

When they spotted Evan, the last remnant of the assembly of before, their eyes widened. One of them muttered something into his radio, and then fell silent. Of the four cops, two of them rushed over to the sides of the downed criminals; the other two approached the young hero, their hands on their belts.

"Legion," the lead officer said with a tired smirk. "I'm trying to remember the last time when we got called in for a disturbance that you or your buddy weren't involved in." A growl came from a tailing cop, and the lead officer sighed heavily, his annoyance distilled by the sound. "Okay, we're going to want you to stay here and give a statement; give it to Kyle here--" he jerked his thumb over his shoulder, "--whilst I go and speak to the woman who called this in."

"You'll have to excuse him," Kyle said, stepping forwards with a small black notepad and pen. He was dark-skinned and tall with angular features, and a warming, sympathetic smile. "He's been working late for a few nights; came here from New York to get away from all the supernatural stuff." He pressed his pen to his tongue, wetting the tip, and then turned it on the page. "Now, if you wouldn't mind..."

--------------------------------------------------

It was quiet in the graveyard, almost unnaturally so, as the heroes began to assemble. The tranquility offered by the flowers besides the decimated church offered little comfort at first, but the swelling of the moon overhead and the strengthening groans of Lipman at Toxin's side quickly waylaid any sense of comfort that the group felt.

The man, handsome even after the various blows to his face, at first began to rock from side to side, and then his expression tightened, his brow wrinkling and his mouth thinning. He pulled himself up, sitting straight-back against the church's outer-wall; and then his eyes opened, slowly at first, taking in the assembly before him with gradual understanding and recognition.

"Oh s&%#," he grumbled, pressing a hand to his chin. He squinted towards the closest of the troupe -- the black outline of the Symbiote -- and he added, "You couldn't have hit me anywhere else, could you? It had to be the face..."

--------------------------------------------------

Editor's Notes: It's not much, nor is it of the highest quality, but I wanted to get things moving.

Lipman's awake, and you can all begin interrogating him as you will. Stone allocation is expected from people, with your Regeneration happening after everyone has had a chance to post (though I won't expect an order from you all for this particular interaction).

Any questions, y'know what to do. Thanks for the patience, all.
Unread 21st of September, 2010, 07:42
Haraphen
Ghoul

Toxin waved Legion and Havok over and shrugged at one of the Evans' questions "Maybe he's a mutant, maybe he's the last son of a dieing planet or maybe hes an elderich god from beyond time or human understanding. How am i supposed ti know?" Toxin then looked the duplicates over. "One of you better be the original cus if it isn't he will probably just make you vanish if he sees you." Toxin then turned and pointed to Havok "And you better take it easy. If you go Guantanamo on this guy were going to have problems. capiche?"

Toxin was cut of by the injured mans cursing. He tensed for a second the man thought ahead its why he had a damned rocket launcher on that roof but he was out of his element now. right? He complained about his injuries and Eddie couldn't help but smirk underneath his mask. He walked up to Lipman and squatted holding his face close to the other mans. For a split second Toxin wished he had inherited his fathers winning smile. "Aww kitten. You want pappa kiss it better?" Toxin mocked not even trying to hie his dislike of the man. "So what was the plan back there then huh? What did you want Jill for?"
Unread 24th of September, 2010, 09:30
Pantherine
Ghoul

Member: #8215
Jill stared at Toxin's enthusiastic acrobatics as he sprang off into the night, teasing her to try and keep up. Perhaps under less dire circumstances she would have taken him up on the challenge, but the evening still weighed heavily on her heart, and she was in no mood for playing around.

She remained on the edge of the rooftop for a brief moment, looking down on her remaining companions below. Evan's cool-headedness was again inspiring as he volunteered to stay behind for the police. She would have stayed behind with him were it not for the burning desire to confront Lipman.

She watched in wonderment at Igneous' downscale that sent leftover ruble and dust from the surrounding buildings crashing to the ground. And no less impressive was the rock star's definitive levitating proof of not being just any regular lead singer. Pantherine's keen eyes easily noticed that the act clearly seemed to put a strain on the large man.

Content that all but Evan, or a clone of his, were making their way to the agreed upon location, the black cat took a few steps back and darted forwards in an almost inaudible leap across the chasm below. Once she had safely landed on the opposite roof she increased her momentum and shot across the moonlit rooftops, a black shadow to all but the keenest observer. A comforting sensation of security and adrenaline washed over her as she drew in the rush of cool night air that she sliced through at blinding speed, each alleyway below cleared with an almost casual spring. She wished that the church was further away, for she wanted to just keep on running into the night.

-------------------------------

A black shadow arched across a nearby building and slowed to a near halt on the edge of the rooftop at the far end of the church premise. As quickly as it had landed, as quickly did it drop several feet down the side of the building and into the brush below, making barely a sound. Seconds later the black panther strode calmly out from the shadows and closed in on the church itself. Lipman lay still on the ground ahead, the sleek black symbiote sitting guard vigilantly. Pantherine made no attempt at hiding as she strode next to the unconscious man, looking briefly at Toxin before nestling herself in the shadows of the structure.

She sat quietly and stared intensely at Lipman. So focused was she that she barely noticed the arrival of the Evans, Havoc and Igneous. Harley's noisy announcement snapped Pantherine from her trance, and she acknowledged all of her companions with a soft stare as they gathered around their catch. When Lipman slowly recovered and heaved himself up against the building, the black panther had already begun pacing slowly back and forth, her muscles tense as they rippled and weaved under the sleek black fur. With her ears drawn back and head lowered, her sharp stare was fixed directly and unwaveringly onto Lipman. As he finally spoke, her feline lips and whiskers instinctively pulled back in a menacing hiss that bared an impressive row of sharp fangs.
Unread 29th of September, 2010, 06:50
Krypton
Devourer [GM]

Evan laughed a bit alongside the officer as he began giving this statement, "Well, some friends of mine and myself were here to see the show - Final Bastion, who rocked, by the way."

The Officer's eyebrow quirked at him, and Evan gave him an easy smile, "Yes, those kind of friends."

"Anyway, this dude, Lipman, jumped us after the show, with some heavy firepower - machine guns, a rocket launcher for Igneous. He came prepared to fight some Supers - we were more than a match for him and his goons, as you can see."

"My team scattered after teaching him the error of his ways - I heard the sirens, and figured somebody ought to stick around and let y'all know what happened."

"Oh! And one thing - supposedly Lipman's bad news. One of the team, Pantherine, thinks he has something to do with all the suicides recently. Approach with extreme caution, yeah?"

The Warrior and the Hunter clung to either side of the Doorway, twin Sentinels, staring out over the yard, but out of the way of Lipman's site - the caution Toxin preached was, in this case at least, not an unbelievable bore, but wise. The General would need to know firsthand what they knew - unfiltered through even their wise allies Toxin, Pantherine, and Igneous.

If the Hunter was watching Havoc a little more closely than usual, nobody could blame him. It had been a violent night.