Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Explosive Cheese's Games > Fantastic Reality

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #26  
Unread 17th of June, 2010, 06:17
dabocim's Avatar
dabocim
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Member: #7702
Location: Longmont
Posts: 1,009 (0.30 per day)
"Well Peter, don't forget that while we are all adults in the real world some of our characters are a bit younger than we are. For example my character is the equivalent of a ten year old human. Granted he did age ridiculously fast but he still can act like a ten year old." says Alex. "He continues and Theresa the people would react like Dayle, to us killing them, and we'd all end up dead in a few hours from the rage."

Last edited by dabocim; 23rd of June, 2010 at 13:41.
  #27  
Unread 17th of June, 2010, 18:55
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.84 per day)
"Y- yeah... And why would you wanna do that anyway?" Peter asks the gnome with a nervous glance in his/her direction. He shrugs at Alex. "What does your character's age have to do with anything? I mean, it's not like the world's going to shelter your character just because he's young." He looks questioningly at the cheese. "Er, it's not, right? I mean that would be kinda lame..."
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/

Last edited by Shoelip; 18th of June, 2010 at 03:17.
  #28  
Unread 18th of June, 2010, 15:35
dabocim's Avatar
dabocim
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Member: #7702
Location: Longmont
Posts: 1,009 (0.30 per day)
"True it would be lame if I were sheltered as my character..." I just don't want him going on some hormonal rampage" says Alex sounding quite embarrassed
  #29  
Unread 18th of June, 2010, 21:27
Grimtina
Tiny Skeleton

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Member: #8097
Location: Germany
Posts: 20 (0.01 per day)
"Well, instead of standing here, we should see to it that we get some stuff. I have a feeling that we should take this a bit more serious. And, Jim, a 10-year-old won't go on a hormonal rampage. That is way too young!"
  #30  
Unread 19th of June, 2010, 05:11
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.84 per day)
"Heh- Yeah... Heh, you're like... Younger than me... in years!" Peter suddenly stops laughing and turns to stare at the gnome. "Wait... Theresa... Are you like, a guy now? I mean, with everything?"
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
  #31  
Unread 23rd of June, 2010, 13:47
dabocim's Avatar
dabocim
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Member: #7702
Location: Longmont
Posts: 1,009 (0.30 per day)
"Uhh... That's awkward." says Alex, He turns to the cheese and continues, "Anyway what kind of campaign did you have in mind."
  #32  
Unread 23rd of June, 2010, 13:56
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.84 per day)
Taking a cue from Alex, Peter decides to move on from the rather uncomfortable subject he'd just brought up. "Yeah... I mean... with this... and all... I mean, you know, a hack and slash game would be kind of... I don't think it would work so well..." He says awkwardly, as he looks around the area. The grass, the sky, everything seemed so real. Actually it seemed completely real, and so did their characters. They all looked exactly like real living things.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
  #33  
Unread 20th of July, 2010, 10:13
Merbak's Avatar
Merbak
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Member: #1873
Posts: 640 (0.15 per day)
Jim goads Rawg into speaking, "If food me happy." Jim thinks, for what he fears will not be the first time, that he may have made a mistake in choosing to min-max. Quickly getting over that he says loudly in his head, If you can hear me oh, great Cheese... err Dale. I'm willing to put up with this mountain of stupid for a while. Could be a lot of fun if I could get him to stop picking my nose. Even if he doesn't, it could be a lot of fun just to get people to react to me... him... us?

At that point, Rawg does stop picking his nose in fact and nods emphatically.
  #34  
Unread 20th of July, 2010, 20:59
Explosive Cheese's Avatar
Explosive Cheese
Boomer Muenster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member: #8003
Location: University of Waterloo
Posts: 2,137 (0.68 per day)
Dayle is a bit overwhelmed by the various parallel conversations taking place.

The Cheese closes its eyes, and opens the tear that passes for its mouth, and air whistles in and out, in two long gusts. Theresa feels her stomach drop out from under her as her new small body is almost lifted off the ground by the rushing air.

If you had to guess, you'd say that the Cheese was taking a deep breath.

Okay, let's see, one at a time. Jim, I can hear you fine. I think that in order to speak for yourself, you're going to have to be content with telepathy for now, as Rawg seems to have a rather tight control over your body. I honestly didn't anticipate this, though I suppose it makes a kind of sense, in order to accomodate the vast intellectual differences between the two of you. But if you, and you too Rawg, are willing to play along, then I say let's do it! I can't wait to see how you handle your min-maxing this time...

The Cheese pauses, then rotates in place until it is facing Danwit.

Theresa, why the hell would you want to go on a killing spree? I mean seriously, what? Just.. just... whatever, there will be consequences... and besides it's wrong, and... you know what, screw it, do whatever. I mean this is an RPG, at the end of the day.

Alex, nobody's gonna be sheltering you. You'll have to deal with the consequences of a rapidly mentally aged, physically teenager, deranged elf. I'm sure it'll be as hilarious for the rest of us as watching Rawg try and talk his way out of social situations. Oh man, this is gonna be sweet!


Finally, the cheese turns to face Peter.

Pete, relax, you know me, man. I don't go for plain hack 'n' slash either. I like the interesting story's and situations, the kinds that are like a puzzle to get out of. I got some stuff lined out for the future, but mostly whatever you want to do, and wherever you want to go, it's your call. Remember, you have complete control over your body. I can't force you to do anything, and I'm not just gonna keep throwing random monsters at you. It's your call, guys.

And with that the Cheese disappears in a puff of orange yellow smoke and a quiet hiss, and you hear a few lingering whispers in your minds...

I gotta take care of some stuff for a second. Do whatever you like, I'll be back soon.
  #35  
Unread 20th of July, 2010, 21:49
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.84 per day)
"But we still don't have any equipment or.... even know where we are..." Peter says to the now empty air. The cheese Dayle was gone. "Huh... okay... I wonder if he knows Calistria. I guess we better practice being in character and all that in case we meet some NPCs. It shouldn't be too hard now that it's actually literal. I say we scout out the area nearby first." With that, Peter... er, Andon, starts moving off a ways from the group in a large circle, hoping to find some sort of landmarks or even NPCs...er people... He started wondering to himself as he walked whether the NPCs would be discernible from real people or not.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
  #36  
Unread 21st of July, 2010, 20:38
Merbak's Avatar
Merbak
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Member: #1873
Posts: 640 (0.15 per day)
"Me lucky. No need stuff. Dwagons have claws and teef and stwong ahmowy stuff on their skins." Says Rawg, grimacing and baring his teeth and clutching his hands in a way that would probably scare most people, but is only scarey to the group insofar as they know that their lives may rest in his hands one day. Jim meanwhile is trying to correct Rawg. "No, twit. You want stuff. I want stuff. Stuff means we don't die. Stuff means we can be awesome!"

Having a quick change of activity, Rawg begins to overturn small trees and pull shiney stones out from under them and collect them in his hands. "Dwagons like stuffs too I think!" He says as he happily loots his fallen foes of their pretties. "Well, at least I can kind of direct you a little. That's a blessing, huh?" "Blessing!" Shouts Rawg as he holds up a particularly pretty stone. Jim mentally facepalms and considers investing every ability point he gets into Rawg's intelligence.

Last edited by Merbak; 23rd of July, 2010 at 21:56.
  #37  
Unread 1st of August, 2010, 10:39
Ergonomic Cat's Avatar
Ergonomic Cat
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Member: #8160
Location: La Crosse, WI (No zombies)
Posts: 845 (0.28 per day)
Originally Posted by Shoelip # "Heh- Yeah... Heh, you're like... Younger than me... in years!" Peter suddenly stops laughing and turns to stare at the gnome. "Wait... Theresa... Are you like, a guy now? I mean, with everything?"
Theresa sits in stunned silence for a second, and then whirls around, turning her back on everyone. She quickly glances inside her trousers. Even from behind, it's obvious that she has just gone beet red from head to toe.

She turns back, much more slowly, and glares at everyone.

"No one is to speak about this. Ever. *Especially* to Walter. If he hears about this, I'll never hear the end of it. ghuy'cha'" She thinks for a minute more. "Okay, so either this is someone's dream, or we're all suffering carbon monoxide poisoning, or we've all decided to go spontaneously insane. But I suppose the best we can do is go with it? I mean, it'll be pretty boring just sitting here." She shrugs, and then mutters quietly to herself, "God, I hope this isn't *my* dream. If it is, I worry about me...."

Originally Posted by Dayle I gotta take care of some stuff for a second. Do whatever you like, I'll be back soon.
As the Cheese is disappearing, Theresa thinks at it as hard as she can. Dayle ...sweetie. If we're gonna be here for a while, I think I want to make a couple changes to my character. Would you mind fixing my sheet while you're .... out there?"

She sends a couple follow up thoughts, hoping to hell that they get to him, and don't get morphed in the sending....

"Well? You guys gonna stand there and watch the big ugly deforest the world, or are we going to try to have some fun? Aren't we supposed to be adventurers? Adventures explore things, and try to have adventures, and stuff, right? Besides, I need to get a new dress. These clothes are...Scheisse"

Last edited by Ergonomic Cat; 1st of August, 2010 at 10:53.
  #38  
Unread 2nd of August, 2010, 05:24
Explosive Cheese's Avatar
Explosive Cheese
Boomer Muenster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member: #8003
Location: University of Waterloo
Posts: 2,137 (0.68 per day)
Combat 1: Air Elemental

Okay Theresa, you know I never could say no to you.

A popping sound is heard around the clearing, and Danwit's appearance changes. Where once stood a slightly pudgy gnome in baggy robes, now stood a lean and well-built gnome in tight black leather pants and matching vest.

As the group looks with interest into this change, a small gust of wind begins to pick up in the center of the clearing, centring on a spot a few feet away from Danwit and Altarick. Nobody notices this, so when the wind gets stronger, and begins to take a humanoid shape, everyone is surprised.

An Air elemental is now sharing the clearing with you, and it looks angry.




Key: Sword is Rawg. Mask is Danwit. Hammer and Chisel is Altarick. Star is Andon. A cookie to whoever recognizes the source of the icons.

Combat begins. No surprise round.
Initiative order:
Altarick
Rawg
Andon
Air Elemental
Danwit

Altarick's action.
  #39  
Unread 2nd of August, 2010, 05:59
dabocim's Avatar
dabocim
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Member: #7702
Location: Longmont
Posts: 1,009 (0.30 per day)
"Whoa Dayle wait just one second I don't think we're ready for this." says Alex. suddenly Altarick's mind takes over and rushes at the elemental creature.
He yells, "Come on you dust cloud let's see what you've got."
He dashes to J5 and attempts to punch the air elemental. 20 Hit
3 damage
__________________
Ever chased a bus down three blocks just to touch it, and then run back?
I do on a daily basis.
Is there something wrong with me?
  #40  
Unread 2nd of August, 2010, 06:00
dabocim's Avatar
dabocim
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Member: #7702
Location: Longmont
Posts: 1,009 (0.30 per day)
Well make the damage 6 then

Suddenly Alex comes back to his senses realizing what he's just done. He remarks, "You probably shouldn't have done that Altarick"
__________________
Ever chased a bus down three blocks just to touch it, and then run back?
I do on a daily basis.
Is there something wrong with me?

Last edited by dabocim; 2nd of August, 2010 at 06:02.
  #41  
Unread 2nd of August, 2010, 11:53
Ergonomic Cat's Avatar
Ergonomic Cat
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Member: #8160
Location: La Crosse, WI (No zombies)
Posts: 845 (0.28 per day)
Theresa stares at the swirling mass, and blinks in confusion, both at what it might be, and at why people have started charging at it to attack it with their bare hands.

"Guys, seriously - what are we doing? It's just wind. Who cares? And we don't have any weapons. I think we should probably just ignore it, and think about heading in to town. I had an idea about how...."
  #42  
Unread 2nd of August, 2010, 11:59
Explosive Cheese's Avatar
Explosive Cheese
Boomer Muenster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member: #8003
Location: University of Waterloo
Posts: 2,137 (0.68 per day)
Yo, Peter. Since your character didn't get a chance to pray today, I'm giving you a one time shot to prepare your spells for today instantly. Just tell me which spells you want, and I'll put them right in your mind. I'll only do this just this once though. In the future you're on you're own.

Oh, and Theresa, did you know that even gnomes who aren't spellcasters can do little magic tricks? Pathfinder's neat that way. Give it a shot.
  #43  
Unread 2nd of August, 2010, 12:07
dabocim's Avatar
dabocim
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Member: #7702
Location: Longmont
Posts: 1,009 (0.30 per day)
Alex shouts back to, "Theresa it wasn't me it was this stupid elf deciding to punch a bit of wind"
__________________
Ever chased a bus down three blocks just to touch it, and then run back?
I do on a daily basis.
Is there something wrong with me?
  #44  
Unread 2nd of August, 2010, 18:33
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.84 per day)
Peter turns around to see what the commotion is about. He'd just been about to go looking for stuff and here was stuff right here. Stuff that looked like it wanted to kill them.

"What the crap? Where did that come from? ... Uh, my friends (did I just say 'my friends'?) as much as it pains me to say this, I think that in this case discretion might be the better part of not dying..."

(Okay, now I'm talking weird too. Great.)

"Dayle, what is the meaning of this? We are thoroughly underequipped for such an encounter.... Er, I mean, what are you doing? We don't even have any equipment!"
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
  #45  
Unread 3rd of August, 2010, 01:42
Explosive Cheese's Avatar
Explosive Cheese
Boomer Muenster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member: #8003
Location: University of Waterloo
Posts: 2,137 (0.68 per day)
Aw, come on guys, it's just a little Air Elemental. If you just work together and you can handle it, I promise!
  #46  
Unread 3rd of August, 2010, 22:45
Merbak's Avatar
Merbak
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Member: #1873
Posts: 640 (0.15 per day)
Rawg grins "A emnumental! I knock it down and put it in box and show to peoples!" Jim ignores the fact that Rawg has no box (especially not an airtight one, he thinks), and the fact that defeated elementals usually disperse, and allows Rawg to charge the elemental in an attempt to club it into submission with his massive fists.

Attack: charge, unarmed power attack 20
Damage (if hit): 10
  #47  
Unread 4th of August, 2010, 05:28
Ergonomic Cat's Avatar
Ergonomic Cat
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Member: #8160
Location: La Crosse, WI (No zombies)
Posts: 845 (0.28 per day)
Originally Posted by Explosive Cheese # Aw, come on guys, it's just a little Air Elemental. If you just work together and you can handle it, I promise!
Theresa turns her back on the elemental, and sits down.

"This is totally unfair. That thing is made of magic or air or something. We're standing here with no weapons, no guns, no nothing. If this is how the game is going to be played, then screw it. I'm not playing."

While she does so, she tries to remember what she'd written on the character sheet - something about Cans or something. Just in case that thing kept attacking, and Dayle was going to be a real jerk, she should probably be ready to....zap it, maybe?

(Ready action to cast Acid Splash on the elemental if it approaches her).
  #48  
Unread 5th of August, 2010, 06:32
Explosive Cheese's Avatar
Explosive Cheese
Boomer Muenster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member: #8003
Location: University of Waterloo
Posts: 2,137 (0.68 per day)
[Here's a pic of the air elemental]


Last edited by Explosive Cheese; 5th of August, 2010 at 06:40.
  #49  
Unread 6th of August, 2010, 20:18
Shoelip's Avatar
Shoelip
Famine Spirit [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2780
Location: The corner of a round room.
Posts: 3,518 (0.84 per day)
"Um..." Andon looks around nervously. "What spells would be good? I mean... I've never played a cleric in Pathfinder." Asks Peter of Dayle's invisible presence... or really anyone who's listening.
__________________
I like to think that there's a little Starbucks in all of us.

Fantasy world simulator, Dwarf Fortress. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
  #50  
Unread 8th of August, 2010, 11:38
Explosive Cheese's Avatar
Explosive Cheese
Boomer Muenster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Member: #8003
Location: University of Waterloo
Posts: 2,137 (0.68 per day)
Time seems to freeze for the group as Dayle starts explaining things to Shoelip. Sure, if they started talking mid-battle, they'd get their asses kicked, but when the almighty GM wants to monologue...

Playing clerics in Pathfinder is very similar to 3.5. Still, if you want my advice, who am I to say no? The last sentence fills Andon with a bit of dread. Advice from Dayle in RPGs (and sometimes real life too) always seemed to lead to trouble...

For your Orisons, your 0-level spells that you can cast as many times as you want, I'd suggest you take Detect Magic, Read Magic, and maybe Detect Poison. You're now the only spellcaster in the group, so it's kind of up to you to be the groups magic finder. You get 3, which you can change every day, and remember, you can use the ones you choose however many times per day you want.

For your 1st level spells, which you get 2 plus one domain, I've got a few ideas. First, remember that you get to "lose" any spell you've prepared and swap it out for a cure spell of up to the same level whenever you want. But you have your Channel Positive Energy, which works like a cure spell, 6 times per day, so there's not a huge need to drop one of your spells for it. Anyways, I'd suggest taking Doom (gives some great penalties to an enemy creature if it succeeds), Inflict Light Wounds, Magic Stone and/or Magic Weapon (so that you guys aren't quite fighting unarmed), or maybe Summon Monster I.

There are some good other spells, but I think those are your best bet for now.

Oh, and here's a list of all the cleric and domain spells, and what they do.


Peter feels a massive rush of words, pictures, and ideas fill his head, as he absorbs the knowledge of what spells he can now cast.

[OOC: Here's the spell and domain lists that Peter's getting.]
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 09:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren