Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > -J-'s Games > Eberron > Metanoia

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 12th of January, 2005, 13:42
-J-'s Avatar
-J-
Dread Lord on High [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Member: #1006
Location: Nor'east
Posts: 2,996 (0.59 per day)
Chapter One - The Stormcrow

Dark clouds embraced the tall towers of Sharn as the lightning rail from Wroat arrived. Today, like the six days before, rain fell hard upon the ancient stones of the City of Towers; rain which now ran from the heights of Skyway through the ruins of Fallen and even into the depths of the Cogs. This rain, forged by Arawai from the forgotten vapors of hidden Xendrik rivers and carried aloft by her gentle caress across the thousands of miles of ocean, now inundated the maze of stone, steel and glass. A sacred gift from above sent to cleanse the soul of noble, king and pauper alike.

As if simple water could ever clean this city.

An hour later the Thin Man exited the gate of Terminus station and moved into the dark, damp streets of Lower Tavick’s Landing. With practiced ease he moved through the darkened walkways and stairwells until arriving at his destination - Kaav’s.

But it was not the head chef’s masterful blending of Xendrik and Khorvairan spices that brought the Thin Man to the secluded restaurant. Secret Sivis dossiers and hundreds of gold in graft had produced a name, Veit Reinstadler. Once a soldier and an officer, the Great War left him a man without a country. Today the rain left him wet and in need of coffee.

Last edited by -J-; 1st of April, 2006 at 12:52.
  #2  
Unread 19th of January, 2005, 00:37
Crito's Avatar
Crito
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #8
Location: Boston, USofA
Posts: 73 (0.01 per day)
A Not So Chance Meeting

Behind Kaav's overdone "exotic Xendrik foliage," a gentleman examines the glistening platter of cherry-glazed roasted duck and sweet potatoes at a table for one. After a premeditated study worthy of any man's last meal, he selects his cut. The silver guided by a practiced hand slices through the buttered skin encrusted with coriander and fennel seeds to separate the steaming first forkful from its cadaver.

The fork and a brief look of satisfaction leave the gentleman's face and his eyes open to the still slightly soggy entry of someone else's dinner guest.

Nodding politely without examining the man, his eyes meet the other's momentarily before returning to the duck.

The new arrival shrugs out of his rain-slicked cape and, after giving it a brief shake, hangs it on one of the empty pegs near the doorway. He makes his way towards the man with whom he had just exchanged a glance. He breathes deeply the delectable aroma of herb roasted duck as he nears the table.

"Ahh. Smells delicious", Careth sighs. He offers the seated man a slight bow. "Have I the pleasure of addressing Herr Reinstadler, Herr Veit Reinstadler?"

Reinstadler acknowledges the surprise arrival of a stranger greeting him as yet another of Sharn's self-amused labyrinths. Summoning the waiter for a second place setting, he rises to greet the older man. "You have me at a disadvantage, sir; thus, I insist you share this meal with me. I shall accept no hesitation except as a slight against my generosity."

Careth favors Reinstadler with a broad smile, "It will be my pleasure".

He offers his hand. "Careth D'Medani, at your service."

As they sit back down, Careth indicates to the waiter, with a wave of his hand at the platter of roasted duck, that he'll have the same.

Careth decides it's best to go straight to the point. "I hope you'll forgive my intrusion", he continues, "but I've been doing some investigation into some of the dealings going on towards the end of the War and shortly after. It was brought to my attention that you, Herr Reinstadler, had direct contact with one of the objects of my inquiries.

I was hoping to be able to pick your mind on the topic, if you're willing."

Covering his mouth with his napkin to partially mask his expression, Reinstadler pauses for a moment as the color drains from his vision.

Placing the napkin back in his lap, he replies without making eye contact, "Yes, Mr. D’Medani, I would be willing to discuss this topic provided you are comfortable discussing the nature of your inquiry."

Veit picks up his fork and knife and continues to dissect the now flavorless duck cadaver.


Erik and David
  #3  
Unread 23rd of January, 2005, 01:27
Reinstadler's Avatar
Reinstadler
Bodak

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member: #1062
Posts: 827 (0.16 per day)
A Not So Chance Meeting

Careth unfolds his own napkin and arranges the silverware in front of him, giving no indication that he's noticed his dinner companion's change in complexion. He nods his head, acknowledging Herr Reinstadler's politely phrased request.

"Does the name Brougha Torr ring any bells?" Careth asks.

Veit swirls a piece of sweet potato into the reddened duck drippings. He takes his bite and chews thoroughly. He places the fork on his plate and covers his mouth with his napkin. Smoothing it to his lap, he meets Careth's look steadily, "I was his captain near the end of the conflicts. Why do you seek him?"

"Yes." Careth inclines his head once more, pleased that his information has been proven accurate. "Apparently, Herr Torr dropped out of sight after the war. But recently, a gang of bandits has sprung up along the Breland-Droamm border. Rumor has it that Herr Torr is their leader."

Careth begins tapping his right forefinger on the table and furrows his brows, "Although, from what I've seen of the information, not everything in these raids seems to fit his style." Careth shrugs, "That doesn't mean it's not him, of course." He leans forward. "I thought it would be best to get to know him better. Get inside his mind, so to speak. Find someone, like yourself, who knew him well enough to give me some insights."

Careth leans back allowing the waiter to place the food in front of him. He picks up his utensils. "The better I know him, the better I'll be able to determine if it's really him and possibly track him down." Careth gives Veit a conspiratorial smile. "These bandits have made off with some quite valuable items. The owners will pay handsomely those who help recover them."

"The wine here is not so good," Reinstadler comments as he sips, "though Kaav's sauces really make up for that lack."

He stares at his plate before continuing, "And what would you do with Brougha if you do find him? For I assure you, Mr. D'Medani, that Brougha already knows what he would do if he so much as spied you prowling in his demesnes. Are your compensations sufficient to hunt a manhunter? Or do you seek only the hoard in his lair?"

Careth raises an eyebrow. He sets down his knife and once again begins to tap his finger on the table. He clears his throat. "I am a seeker of information, not retribution. Recovery of certain items, perhaps, if possible." He picks up his knife and slices off a morsel of duck, careful to preserve the covering of crisp skin over the bite. He chews and swallows. "But already you begin to give me some insight", he says with a grim smile.

"No doubt you begin to intimate that any dealing with Brougha has a formidable price. Presumably the items your employers would recover have more value to them than possibly your life. While I have but made your acquaintance, your forthrightness requires me to return the favor. Do not go against Brougha alone," Veit finishes his warning and returns to the duck.

Careth inclines his head in acknowledgment. "Point taken", he says. "This will require more than the usual caution." He waves his fork in the air. "So, tell me what you know of this man. His habits, his methods of dealing with situations and people, any interesting anecdotes, things like that."

Reinstadler smiles pleased to have dinner conversation covering the clink of silver on porcelain no matter the impropriety of the topic.

David and Erik



Last edited by -J-; 17th of April, 2005 at 10:07.
  #4  
Unread 31st of March, 2005, 10:46
Crito's Avatar
Crito
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #8
Location: Boston, USofA
Posts: 73 (0.01 per day)
It hadn't taken Careth long to verify everything that Reinstadler had told
him about Brougha Torr. At first Careth had thought Reinstadler a trifle
pessimistic and perhaps overcautious, but now he was not so sure. The
stories about Torr's viciousness and paranoia were pretty consistent. Careth
now counted himself fortunate that Reinstadler had agreed to hire on with
him for this little goose-chase after stolen documents. Besides, the man
knows his way around the dining establishments, Careth thinks, smiling
to himself at the thought. He turns towards his newest partner.

"Have you been to the Vermillion before?" he asks Reinstadler as the two of
them walk down the streets of Lower Menthis heading into the Firelight
District.

The towers of the city cast a cloak of twilight over the streets below even
though it's only mid-afternoon. Ironically, it almost seems darker on the
streets at this time of day than after sundown when the gambling halls,
night clubs and bordellos spill their bright lights and raucous sounds out
onto the main thoroughfares.

The Vermillion, where their contact awaits, is supposed to be one of the
more respectable pleasure establishments in the district.

Last edited by -J-; 17th of April, 2005 at 10:06.
  #5  
Unread 1st of April, 2005, 01:41
Reinstadler's Avatar
Reinstadler
Bodak

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member: #1062
Posts: 827 (0.16 per day)
Eyeing up Careth, Reinstadler wonders if he is checking up on his character or simply making conversation. It's as hard to trust investigatives as courtiers - even though their motives differ one can never be certain where one's words will end up.

Reinstadler clears his throat, "Ahem, well, I tend not to frequent that class of establishment. I have made acquaintances who speak highly and assure me it's all in good taste, but these same fellows also get that dreamy look when they speak of their, um, companions for the evening.

"It's probably best to note that each of those gentleman found exactly the companions they were looking for every time they visited. We should be cautious of verifying identity - not that I would imply your cavalier in these matters."
  #6  
Unread 1st of April, 2005, 02:21
Crito's Avatar
Crito
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #8
Location: Boston, USofA
Posts: 73 (0.01 per day)
"Mmm", Careth nods and smiles. "Considering the nature of our business it would probably be best not to mix it with pleasure tonight. Would be nice if they have a decent cook, though. Then, no matter what, this won't be a total loss."

They turn down the street toward their destination. The Vermillion projects the air of a posh, upper-class inn, but the pretense is obvious. It just couldn't to avoid touches of the tacky, overly ornate flourishes that have become a cliché among establishments of its kind. But at least it managed to keep from taking them to the exaggerated extremes of the lower class bordellos.

  #7  
Unread 1st of April, 2005, 03:15
Reinstadler's Avatar
Reinstadler
Bodak

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member: #1062
Posts: 827 (0.16 per day)
Reinstadler and Careth make their way up to the front door. Careth takes one last quick look around for any sign of a tail on them or something about the location that would arouse his suspicion before opening the door and motioning Reinstadler through. It's time to meet Leanna.

Once in the door, the Vermillion begins its sensual assault on its prey. Aside from the deep musk perfume and the bright crimson flames held by lewd golden statues with roses in their teeth, the carpet has obviously been glamour-weaved with a decidedly suggestive scarlet and gold design. Veit quickly avoids the hypnotic curves to focus attention on the rather large man in front of the heavy magenta curtains that don't quite cover the sound of sensuous laughter. With a certainty about the proceedings that belies his previous statement to Careth, Reinstadler offers the traditional silver greeting to the bouncer who has the courtesy to not engage in idle chit-chat as he ushers them deeper.

The main room indirectly lit by bright ruby flames cast against a vaulted ceiling of beaten brass appears huge. Reinstadler quickly notes the dangers of the many private booths and side hallways, but rather than draw attention by careful observation he begins to move to the man inside a circular bar with a view of the Vermillion's public parts.
  #8  
Unread 1st of April, 2005, 10:16
-J-'s Avatar
-J-
Dread Lord on High [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Member: #1006
Location: Nor'east
Posts: 2,996 (0.59 per day)
Three steps into the main room a voice from an ensconced hallway drifts into the common room, "Monsieur Medanni," the voice trails off breathlessly. Turning in unison, the two men see a middle aged woman in a revealing red dress. The smoke from her cigarette surrounds her gold and porcelain holder with a pale grey nimbus before rolling seductively toward the crimson and gold arch above. Green eyes smolder beneath an intricate array of raven curls that run in shadowy rivulets down the nape of her slender neck. The small heart shaped mole at the corner of her mouth sways enticingly as her lip purse to draw in a drag of smoke. She smiles as she crosses the room, and Careth is immediately notices how her every motion seems to draw his eye to her figure.

"I have been waiting for you, monsieur," she says as she stops in front of them. Taking another drag she looks the detective over. As her emerald eyes stare into his, Careth is overwhelmed by her closeness. The faint impression of her musky perfume, the tightness of the bands of red silk that circle her hips, even the faint lines around her mouth as she slowly inhales her cigarette. "And here you come not alone, but with a most....delicious...escort," her eyes shine from under half closed lids, and a playful smile teases across her face as she expertly offers her hand, "I am Madame La Rouge."

Last edited by -J-; 1st of April, 2005 at 10:19.
  #9  
Unread 2nd of April, 2005, 02:16
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,850 (1.77 per day)
Leanna, tucked unobtrusively in one of the alcoves the newcomers are trying so desparately to ignore, watches the trio with eyes somewhat less enticing than the Madame. No stranger to brothels in general or this establishment in particular, every aspect of her appearance was carefully chosen to blend with the scenery. Her hair was pinned up in an elaborate crest, the long needles masterfully interwoven with her shining auburn locks. Her green silk dress - scandalous by normal standards, but perfectly fitting here - had a tremendous amount of shimmering material that nevertheless barely covered enough of her skin to be decent. Her makeup had been chosen to highlight her features, not laid on to cover them, and her normally pretty face was transformed into the standard of beauty the clientelle here preferred.

Such was her attention to detail that none would guess that she was not what she seemed to be. Indeed, she altered even her thought process to be at one with her disguise, not only looking and acting her part but thinking like it as well. Some small, shielded part of her mind retained the knowledge of who she was, but that room was kept locked and guarded against unwanted intrusion. She laughed langorously and stretched out one leg, revealing the long, sweet curves.

The Madame was her first line of defense, and for now the half-elf would watch and wait.

Last edited by -J-; 17th of April, 2005 at 10:06.
  #10  
Unread 17th of April, 2005, 05:18
-J-'s Avatar
-J-
Dread Lord on High [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Member: #1006
Location: Nor'east
Posts: 2,996 (0.59 per day)
Madam La Rogue

Pulling himself together, Careth takes up the proffered hand and, bending over, touches his lips lightly to the back of it. "A pleasure, Madame. May I present my associate, Monsieur Reinstadler?" He stands up and gestures towards Veit. Reinstadler clicks his heels and bows to take her hand as well, "Enchantee, Madame."

"Such a genteel manner does not often come through these doors," she purrs. "It is unfortunate that you come for only for business," a faint pout accentuates the full redness of her lips. "Shall we, Monsieur?" she says, offering her arm to Careth.

Careth takes the Madame's arm. He breathes deeply of her perfume, closing his eyes briefly to savor the sensation.

"Yes, Madame", he says, opening his eyes and favoring her with a smile. "I look forward to the day when you can help me appreciate the Vermillion's charms without the press of business on my shoulders."

"Monsieur works too hard," she laughs lightly as they walk down the hall to a spiraling staircase. Reinstalder falls silently into step behind them.

"Perhaps your work is more...enticing?" she leans closer, the fullness of her figure pressing against his arm, as she breathes the words into his ear.

"More enticing?" Careth laughs and gives the hand that Madame rests on his arm a light squeeze. "Impossible. But one does have to make a living."

The lady in red laughs lightly as the three of them amble up the wide, curved stairway. A few pleasantries later she stops in front of a door cleverly concealed as a section of wall paneling. "Your companion will be with you shortly," she says as she opens the concealed door. Careth pauses for a moment as he passes through the faint aura of the Madame's perfume, its rich, exotic scent cloyingly drawing his attention.... elsewhere.

"Thank you, Madame," Careth kisses her hand once more as she takes her leave. He stands silently for a moment, eyes half-closed, lost in thought. With a slight shake of his head, he stands up straight and looks around. Careth takes in his surroundings with appreciation, running his hand over the smooth lacquered surface of the table, admiring the decorations. Finally, he begins to gather his wits about him, a slight irritation with himself warring against the residual pleasure left over from the Madame's seductive charms. He coughs and moves over to examine the contents of the bar. He glances at Veit. "Care for a drink?"

"Cognac would be splendid. I only noticed the Madame making contact with two guards - that hirsute yet sleek woman and the pale thin man. Does she have reason to underestimate us or did I miss the other defense?"

[by erik and dave]

Last edited by -J-; 17th of April, 2005 at 05:20.
  #11  
Unread 19th of April, 2005, 05:37
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,850 (1.77 per day)
The door opens before the alcohol has a chance to hit the bottom of the second glass and Leanna enters the room, a slinky swaying of alabaster limbs and emerald silk. As she gracefully closes the door she almost unconsciously positions herself where the colors of her gown and hair will have the greatest effect, pleased that the Madame has chosen a room that compliments her color scheme. The slight click of the door closing behind her trips the circuit that separates disguise from business, though only her eyes show the change, pupils shrinking to a more normal size than the wide openness of rapt interest they had showed only a moment previous. The tone of her voice is almost playful, almost seductive, yet holding an edge that one might not notice unless they were looking for it.

"One wonders how a girl can be so lucky, to have two such decidely handsome men interested in her."

Last edited by -J-; 19th of April, 2005 at 13:12.
  #12  
Unread 21st of April, 2005, 00:53
Crito's Avatar
Crito
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #8
Location: Boston, USofA
Posts: 73 (0.01 per day)
Careth closes his mouth and instead just shrugs in reply to Veit as Leanna sweeps into the room. He smiles at the flattery as he hands Veit his cognac.

"Not as lucky as ourselves, having two such attractive women to greet us" he says. Holding his own glass in his left hand, he strides over to take Leanna's hand in his right.

"Leanna, I presume." He kisses her hand. "May I get you a drink as well?"

Last edited by -J-; 21st of April, 2005 at 13:07.
  #13  
Unread 22nd of April, 2005, 01:18
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,850 (1.77 per day)
She smiles into his eyes, wondering how long it would take them to get down to business. Leanna felt safe enough here, so she was content to play along while she sized them up.

"Leanna it is, and a drink sounds lovely."

She bats her lashes at him and then looks towards Veit.

"You seem uncomfortable, Sir."

Last edited by -J-; 22nd of April, 2005 at 13:37.
  #14  
Unread 24th of April, 2005, 04:32
Reinstadler's Avatar
Reinstadler
Bodak

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member: #1062
Posts: 827 (0.16 per day)
Finding himself staring, Veit sips the cognac without pause to savor.

"Your presence has left me speechless, Fraulein. A soldier such as myself does not frequently find himself in the company of such a decorous lady as yourself."

Taking hold of Leanna's hand gingerly, he kisses it as if in fear of burning.

With a step back from the emerald beauty in front of him, he returns to give the cognac a comfortable swirl.

Last edited by Reinstadler; 24th of April, 2005 at 04:34.
  #15  
Unread 25th of April, 2005, 23:22
Crito's Avatar
Crito
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #8
Location: Boston, USofA
Posts: 73 (0.01 per day)
Careth retrieves another glass and pours out more of the amber liquid. He hands the glass to Leanna, sets his own down on the table and gestures towards the chairs.

"Shall we?" He pulls one of the chairs out for Leanna. Once she's seated, he takes his own chair and picks up his snifter again. He swirls the glass under his nose, breathing in the fragrant aroma of the superb, aged congac. He takes a sip.

He gives the others a moment to savor their drinks. "Leanna, my dear", he says, getting straight to the point, "I understand you are familiar with people who deal in, um, certain kinds of documents."

He nods toward Veit. "My friend and I are on the trail of such and were hoping you could help us... make the proper connections, as it were." He takes another sip.

Last edited by -J-; 26th of April, 2005 at 14:15.
  #16  
Unread 28th of April, 2005, 05:38
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,850 (1.77 per day)
Leanna smiles enigmatically and touches the glass to her lips, wetting them in the amber liquid and inhaling the fragrance but taking no more than the smallest of sips. She makes a show of seating herself, her eyes never seeming to leave Carith and the smile certainly never leaving her face. At his bold statement she pauses, smelling the fine aroma of the congac once again, letting the space between his words and her response grow wide. When the others ignore her silent bid for more information she relents with a shrug.

"It is true that I know a fair number of people, and it is possible that some of them deal in paper. I might be able to match your need with someone's expertise."

Again the pause.

"If I knew more about what you are looking for."

Last edited by -J-; 28th of April, 2005 at 13:34.
  #17  
Unread 2nd of May, 2005, 22:31
Crito's Avatar
Crito
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #8
Location: Boston, USofA
Posts: 73 (0.01 per day)
Wrapping both hands around his glass, Careth leans forward over the table and speaks in low tones.

"A diplomatic pouch has gone missing" he explains. "The people who've asked for my help seem to think it may have been caught up in a robbery inadvertently." Careth shrugs. "One would expect such an item to go on the market, once the robbers figured out what they had. My employers would like to retrieve this pouch. If I can buy it back for them..." Careth waves one hand, palm up.

Last edited by -J-; 6th of May, 2005 at 06:11.
  #18  
Unread 3rd of May, 2005, 00:51
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,850 (1.77 per day)
She swirls the amber liquid in her glass.

"And that is all you wish? For me to point you to the proper person?"

Leanna sets the glass down untouched and leans back, studying the two. Admitting knowledge here and now could be dangerous. She casually brushes an imaginary hair back from her forehead, near one of the weighted pins that hold up her auburn locks. They could be used as weapons if need be, though in this place there should be no need. Careth was a little too polished for her to feel entirely at ease with but the other -Veit- there was something about him that she liked.

"Suppose I say you are not the first people I met who were seeking such an item. How would a girl choose?"

Last edited by -J-; 6th of May, 2005 at 06:12.
  #19  
Unread 4th of May, 2005, 22:09
Crito's Avatar
Crito
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #8
Location: Boston, USofA
Posts: 73 (0.01 per day)
Careth chuckles. "Perhaps a girl would like to see the papers returned to their rightful owners." The grin remains on his face and he bobs his eyebrows with a tilt of his head. "Or, there's always money." Another sip.

Last edited by -J-; 6th of May, 2005 at 06:12.
  #20  
Unread 4th of May, 2005, 22:25
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,850 (1.77 per day)
She chuckles back.

"A girl who cared about rightful owners wouldn't be able to find these papers."

Leanna retrieves her glass, runs a finger around its edge. Her face is thoughtful and she frowns, prettily, a tiny crease appearing between her drawn brows.

"However, we need not discuss monetary fees. There are certain other benefits for me should this object be returned to your employers."

She crosses her legs deliberately, smiling at the delicious sound of silk over bare skin.

"I do want something, though."

Last edited by -J-; 6th of May, 2005 at 06:13.
  #21  
Unread 6th of May, 2005, 22:08
Crito's Avatar
Crito
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #8
Location: Boston, USofA
Posts: 73 (0.01 per day)
Careth barks a short laugh at Leanna's quip about rightful owners. He nods his head when she says she wants somthing besides money.

"And what might that be?" he asks.

Last edited by -J-; 11th of May, 2005 at 09:25.
  #22  
Unread 6th of May, 2005, 23:45
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,850 (1.77 per day)
She smiles coyly at both of the men, finally taking a sip of her drink, prolonging the moment by carefully placing the glass down on the low table.

"What I want is something that I think you will both appreciate: I'd like to help you get what you are looking for."

She holds up a hand to prevent interruption.

"I do not doubt that you are both capable. However, those who guard this thing now are very dangerous, and any kind of frontal assault will be perilous. The . . . retrieval . . . is best performed with a more delicate touch, I think."

Last edited by -J-; 11th of May, 2005 at 09:25.
  #23  
Unread 7th of May, 2005, 00:15
Reinstadler's Avatar
Reinstadler
Bodak

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member: #1062
Posts: 827 (0.16 per day)
Reinstadler covers his smile with the cognac snifter We all have such politesse; none could mistake us for craven mercenaries.

Last edited by -J-; 11th of May, 2005 at 09:25.
  #24  
Unread 10th of May, 2005, 00:09
Crito's Avatar
Crito
Zombie

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #8
Location: Boston, USofA
Posts: 73 (0.01 per day)
Careth looks at Leanna with some surprise which he quickly tries to cover with a smile.

He glances over at Veit. "Yes", he says, drawing out the word, "so I have been warned."

He shrugs. "Well, I do like a delicate touch" he says, grinning. "I came here for help, I'd be foolish to turn it down, then wouldn't I?

"You have an idea how to proceed, then, I take it."

To himself, Careth wonders what does she really expect to get from this?

Last edited by -J-; 11th of May, 2005 at 09:25.
  #25  
Unread 11th of May, 2005, 23:00
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,850 (1.77 per day)
Leanna nods, both to herself and to Careth's question. There had been the briefest look of suspicion in his eye, and why not? Only a fool would believe that she didn't want anything out of this, and this man was no fool.

Later. That concern could be addressed later, after they all had opportunity to feel each other out. For now, it was enough that she had help recovering the satchel. She exhales slowly, the prostitute persona fading, her tone becoming businesslike.

"The item in question is currently held by an exceedingly dangerous individual in the employ of Daask. He is en route to the Cogs - a place not very friendly to outsiders, as I'm sure you know. We could intercept him before he goes under, perhaps a diversion combined with quick hands . . ."

She shrugs.

"If he makes it into the underbelly of Sharn things get more difficult. In that case we might be best waiting until the item resurfaces to make our move."
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 00:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren