Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Public Commonness > Adventurer's Escapades > The Pathfinder Society

Unread 6th of September, 2011, 23:03
Lune
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Member: #1510
Thanks for the heads up on the armor stuff guys. I dunno what I was thinking. I THINK what I was thinking is that scale mail could be made out of, I dunno... scales. Rather than metal. Back to hide. And the next feat I think I'm going to have Tank get is Medium Armor Proficiency so that is where the barding thing came in.

Actually, I was looking through some stuff for Pathfinder Organized play and became a bit annoyed. I guess Dragonhide armor is out? Even though there is Dragonhide Plate listed as specific armor? So with that out what does that make the best type of armor a druid can wear being? Hide? I couldn't get a Darkwood Breastplate I guess, huh? Well, maybe I could just cast Woodshape on some wood that I bought? Is that even allowed?

...I think I'm starting to have some bad memories of Living Greyhawk now. Lune is begining to be an unhappy camper. Someone give me some good news immediately before I become perturbed.

I was thinking of taking Heavy Armor proficiency for this character but I'm not seeing that as being a very good choice if Dragonhide is out and I can't buy some kinda wooden armor. GR!
Unread 6th of September, 2011, 23:05
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

Member: #1662
“ Originally Posted by Lune # Thanks for the heads up on the armor stuff guys. I dunno what I was thinking. I THINK what I was thinking is that scale mail could be made out of, I dunno... scales. Rather than metal. Back to hide. And the next feat I think I'm going to have Tank get is Medium Armor Proficiency so that is where the barding thing came in.

Actually, I was looking through some stuff for Pathfinder Organized play and became a bit annoyed. I guess Dragonhide armor is out? Even though there is Dragonhide Plate listed as specific armor? So with that out what does that make the best type of armor a druid can wear being? Hide? I couldn't get a Darkwood Breastplate I guess, huh? Well, maybe I could just cast Woodshape on some wood that I bought? Is that even allowed?

...I think I'm starting to have some bad memories of Living Greyhawk now. Lune is begining to be an unhappy camper. Someone give me some good news immediately before I become perturbed.

I was thinking of taking Heavy Armor proficiency for this character but I'm not seeing that as being a very good choice if Dragonhide is out and I can't buy some kinda wooden armor. GR!
”
Good news huh?.... You're playing pathfinder?
Unread 6th of September, 2011, 23:15
Darius
The Phantom Poster [Epic GM]

Member: #1110
Padryc may have a drinking problem. But only because he can't get a drink.
Unread 6th of September, 2011, 23:27
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

Member: #1485
“ Originally Posted by Lune # Actually, I was looking through some stuff for Pathfinder Organized play and became a bit annoyed. I guess Dragonhide armor is out? ”
I just reread through the list of allowable items in Organized Play and it appears that you are correct. In fact, that's the only special material from the core book that is specifically ruled out completely. That sucks.
Unread 7th of September, 2011, 01:52
Linklegacy77

What about Stone Plate? Is that legal? It's from the Inner Sea World Guide, which is a Paizo product. Mind you, it's very expensive but it's not like you could use heavy armor yet anyway.

Also: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/i/ironwood

It specifically states in the Ironwood spell description that the use of the wood shape spell (or a craft check) will allow you to make armor made of wood (and that Ironwood will make it hard as steel after it is crafted). So yeah, you can make armor out of the wood shape spell. Mind you, Ironwood is a 6th level spell, but the opportunity is still there without dragon hide.

Last edited by Linklegacy77; 7th of September, 2011 at 01:56.
Unread 7th of September, 2011, 03:05
Tashalar
Ghastly Thread Necromancer [Epic GM]

Member: #1799
You did want a hug for your char, z, didn't you?
Unread 7th of September, 2011, 04:04
Linklegacy77

Khylin might hug him but she's concerned he might have some kind of contagious wasting disease or something.
Unread 7th of September, 2011, 05:26
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

Member: #1488
“ Originally Posted by Linklegacy77 # What about Stone Plate? Is that legal? It's from the Inner Sea World Guide, which is a Paizo product. Mind you, it's very expensive but it's not like you could use heavy armor yet anyway.

Also: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/i/ironwood

It specifically states in the Ironwood spell description that the use of the wood shape spell (or a craft check) will allow you to make armor made of wood (and that Ironwood will make it hard as steel after it is crafted). So yeah, you can make armor out of the wood shape spell. Mind you, Ironwood is a 6th level spell, but the opportunity is still there without dragon hide.
”
Stone Plate is legal, and is by far the optimal solution. Ironwood would suck because permanency isn't legal and the time between adventures is indefinitely long.
Unread 7th of September, 2011, 05:41
Linklegacy77

“ Originally Posted by LeadPal # Stone Plate is legal, and is by far the optimal solution. Ironwood would suck because permanency isn't legal and the time between adventures is indefinitely long. ”
Yeah, I was mentioning ironwood because it specifically states that you can use the wood shaping magic to make armor, it's just wood until you get ironwood for it. That said, Ironwood does have a duration of days, so once you can cast it yourself, just cast it one day before the adventure starts and you're probably good to go, just find the occasional time to recast it. 6th level magic is way out of our reach, but it's not a bad long term goal.

Stone Plate is my suggestion though since it's a legal option, and it specifically mentions in the text that it's for druids who want heavy armor .
Unread 7th of September, 2011, 16:28
LeadPal

Oh, I forgot--who's carrying light? It'll be dark by the next post.
Unread 7th of September, 2011, 16:29
Lune
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Ah. Stone plate. That works. I guess I didn't realize that it existed cause I have been looking at this PRD as the other one is blocked at work. Great catch, thanx! That pretty much solves the problem. And from what I read it is "always available" so I just need to save up 3300gp for some masterwork stone plate so I can wear it by 3rd level when I get the feat. That shouldn't be a problem. The only other thing that I wanna get are Muleback Cords for Tank.
Unread 7th of September, 2011, 17:17
Lune
Famine Spirit [Epic]

z, no healers kit? Also I don't think you gave the bonus to your heal skill from your surgeon's tools. I find these things important... to Gavel.

Also, yay! 8 Goodberries!
Unread 7th of September, 2011, 17:19
zachol
Flesh Colossus [Epic GM]

Member: #1103
No healer's kit, not enough money. I intend to acquire one soon, though, and when I do the surgeon's kit will apply (unless you want to read the surgeon's kit as just giving a +1 to heal that stacks with healer's kits).
Although I've sort of been assuming we'd be adventuring in or near a town or something.
Unread 7th of September, 2011, 17:34
Lune
Famine Spirit [Epic]

The thing that makes me nervous about this being ran at higher level is we don't get to level up mid session. If there is any kind of BBEG at the end of this adventure - and I expect there are for a number of reasons not limited to it being typical and the objectives we have been given - then that fight is likely to be very grim.

I am instilling LP with my trust especially considering Gavel and Tank are likely to be front line combatants and on the receiving end of a lot of punishment. Also, it kinda blows we don't get more XP for running against higher CR encounters than our levels normally suggest. Although with 7 people it likely evens out some.
Unread 7th of September, 2011, 19:20
Darius

LP- Padryc has a lantern, and also has the light cantrip readied. I'd prefer using the cantrip, if you want to work that into the next post.
Unread 7th of September, 2011, 19:38
LeadPal

“ Originally Posted by Lune # Also is a general Knowledge (nature) check due for the area we are traversing? ”
Gavel can tell that the region is flooded unnaturally due to the nearby dam, but that's common knowledge. He doesn't notice anything particularly interesting about the region's flora or fauna.
Unread 7th of September, 2011, 19:48
LeadPal

“ Originally Posted by Darius # LP- Padryc has a lantern, and also has the light cantrip readied. I'd prefer using the cantrip, if you want to work that into the next post. ”
Oh, that makes me realize: Padryc doesn't have a spell component pouch. It's only 5 gp though, so no big deal.
Unread 7th of September, 2011, 22:06
Linklegacy77

Oh great, GIVE THE ARCHER A PENALTY.

I can see where this is going:

*whine* *whine* *whine*
Unread 7th of September, 2011, 22:51
Darius

“ Originally Posted by LeadPal # Oh, that makes me realize: Padryc doesn't have a spell component pouch. It's only 5 gp though, so no big deal. ”
Updated the sheet. Padryc is now just that much poorer. Can you tell its been a while since I've played a caster?

As an aside, would now be a good time to organize an order of battle?
Unread 8th of September, 2011, 02:38
Tashalar
Ghastly Thread Necromancer [Epic GM]

Member: #1799
Order of battle: charge, kill, lewt. Sounds good?

LP - do you want us to make active perception check or will you just roll them for us? I'm perfectly fine with you rolling and telling us if we find something.
Unread 8th of September, 2011, 07:54
LeadPal

I was just about to post when the power went out for the whole block. Posting from the library, update will hopefully be tomorrow.

EDIT: And I'm back online! Those six hours were scary.

Last edited by LeadPal; 8th of September, 2011 at 15:28.
Unread 8th of September, 2011, 15:30
LeadPal

“ Originally Posted by Darius # As an aside, would now be a good time to organize an order of battle? ”
As half the party is rushing forward (or trying to, at least), it's a bit too late.

“ Originally Posted by Tashalar # LP - do you want us to make active perception check or will you just roll them for us? I'm perfectly fine with you rolling and telling us if we find something. ”
You can roll your own active perception checks, but it's a move action.
Unread 8th of September, 2011, 15:36
Lune
Famine Spirit [Epic]

In the future, however, Gavel prefers to be up front with the possible exceptions of an advance scout and Tank. He is a tank afterall...
Unread 8th of September, 2011, 21:46
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

Member: #1485
I think Diplomacy would be the correct roll, z. Not that it changes the resulting roll...
Unread 8th of September, 2011, 22:19
Linklegacy77

Sorry guys, Kylihn isn't going to wait for you guys to talk after being shot.