Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Chris Chandler's Games > Kuralia I (The Far Reaches)

Unread 29th of November, 2007, 10:14
Dalcassius
Wraith

Member: #2773
The ball is in Zora's court.
Unread 29th of November, 2007, 13:13
Gamebird
Shadow

Member: #2783
Originally Posted by LadyGlutter # ALSO -- Chris is out of town for tonight and tomorrow. He likely won't post again til Friday evening, but he says DO NOT LET THAT STOP CONVERSATIONS.
Dang. I had a PM to him trying to figure out if Breena was there or not.
Unread 29th of November, 2007, 13:20
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

Member: #2781
????

Why wouldn't Breena be there? We went where everyone was. Breena had an hour of asking folks stuff during the Cross sisters breakfast, right? I thought the only person that was questionable was Brit, and we've even established that she has joined the fold by now.

At least I think she should be there. Unless she had something going on in the background with Wybert. Or, you know, something else funky going on.

(and I'm busy trying to figure out how to go on any further without Chris, ....)
Unread 29th of November, 2007, 13:43
Gamebird
Shadow

Well, I don't know... why she would be there, why she wouldn't. Kirfah and Breena came back to Mathilde's with Mathilde after looking at the rock. Breena went with Kirfah over to where Zora and Brit was. Breena asked Brit how her watch went. Then Breena left, though I didn't say where she was going. Mostly because I hadn't decided. I figured she'd track down the other night-watchmen (I know Chris had a post about who watched when... I'd have to look that up). And then maybe chop wood or hold Aethel or check on the sick folk at Theodrada's or feed the animals or train Hare or something.

It's possible that in the course of moving on to her next activity-of-the-day, that Breena would be in the same room that Zora brought Gunther, shirtless, into. It would be a coincidence, but not an impossible one. So that was what my PM to him was about - do I finesse the scene and say Breena's there for the sake of playability (which to me, smacks slightly of meta, but on the other hand, I do want to play), or do I take the more probable route and say she's not there? Or maybe more probable that at *this* point in time, she comes into the room and enters into the situation as it is now, which will require a potentially annoying amount of recap from the other characters?

Well, that last sentence would solve the issue of how to go on further without Chris... and it might help everyone to hear a recap. I'll go insert Breena as showing up now.

By the way, what room are you guys in? Mathilde's? Theodrada's? Some other place?
Unread 30th of November, 2007, 03:26
Dalcassius
Wraith

I'd say you handled that well. As far a worrying about being meta, I feel that including Breena in a situation which has no reason for her not to be there is fine. We aren't trading secrets she shouldn't know, you didn't specifically declare you'd be absent for three days (in game) yet show up anyway, you aren't looking to get an advantage you wouldn't or shoudln't be privy too. I say in this case, insertion is the best move.

On another note, Bree's neutral greeting to Gunther; Did I miss something? I get that there is some tension (less than with Brit) between Zora and Bree, and well, Hoylur is Hoylur, but did Gunther do something I'm not recalling? Or did his shirtlessness give Bree the vapours as it seems to have done with Zora?
Unread 30th of November, 2007, 05:12
Gamebird
Shadow

The shirtlessness did put her off a little, but so does his stuttering and lack of "manly" abilities. Mostly though, he seems to be hiding something. He doesn't stutter in other languages. He passes himself off as being generally incompetent and unsure of himself, but when push comes to shove he's brilliant. It makes it hard for Breena to know what kind of person he is and where she stands with him. She was threatening to him once and he responded very mildly to it, almost frightened, which didn't do much good for her impression of him. It's not that she dislikes him, but she doesn't like him much either. She's also unclear if he's included in the batch of unmarried folk intended to marry Gi and start a new colony. (It might have been mentioned explicitly during the game, but I missed it if it was.)

So, anyway, her greeting to him was basically neutral. There's a lot of pluses and minuses and knowns and unknowns when dealing with him and it all sort of balances out. Plus, he's standing there with his shirt off, perhaps even picking himself up off the floor from being sick. Not that him being out of sorts makes Breena less charitable towards him, but it does make her a tiny bit more distanced until she figures out what's up.
Unread 30th of November, 2007, 06:22
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

Vapours!
Unread 30th of November, 2007, 06:56
Dalcassius
Wraith

Yeah, I've always been a fan of the line, "Why Mr. Beauregard, you're givin' me the vapours."
Unread 1st of December, 2007, 13:34
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

Member: #1475
Don't forget the mint julep. In the veranda.

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Unread 4th of December, 2007, 02:27
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

Mint julep, eh? You know, I might have to send my Southern Belle card back! I've never had a mint julep.

Ok, I just looked up the recipe, and I don't really see me righting that wrong any time soon. Bleah. I never really developed the taste for whiskey anyway. Bourbon is whiskey, just from Kentucky, right? Wiki says yes, so ok, I'll skip the mint julep.

*shudders*

How about a mojito instead? I can do rum.
Unread 4th of December, 2007, 03:33
Dalcassius
Wraith

Mojito? Too far south seniorita.
Unread 4th of December, 2007, 05:32
Ojoxsofeta
Ghoul

Member: #2772
Juleps are awesome.

Mojitos are not.

This is the word of the Ben.

THFC-TIDE-CHC
Unread 4th of December, 2007, 07:19
Dalcassius
Wraith

Juleps or mojito's, it doesn't matter. Rum and whiskey are both awesome. So's vodka. Oh and tequilla! Gin's not so bad... I... sound pathetic.
Unread 4th of December, 2007, 11:17
Gamebird
Shadow

Eh, they're all nasty. The only liquor that's worth drinking is sweet and actually *tastes* good.
Unread 7th of December, 2007, 05:59
Gamebird
Shadow

Originally Posted by Gamebird # By the way, what room are you guys in? Mathilde's? Theodrada's? Some other place?
Was there an answer to this that I'd missed?
Unread 7th of December, 2007, 06:06
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

It was already established that the Cross sister's slept away from everyone at Theodrada's. They came to the group and joined everyone at Mathilde's afterwards. I think actually answering you just fell through the cracks but I believe most of us realized where we were. Sorry about that.
Unread 8th of December, 2007, 00:55
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

Hopefully I will get some time around lunch to check back, but just FYI.
I'm gonna be gone most of the day so I just had Zora say a big long tirade instead of a back and forth -- plus if Breena's just gonna be silent I figured it'd be better in one chunk than little snippets.
Unread 8th of December, 2007, 01:46
Gamebird
Shadow

Breena was completely surprised, more than anything. I'll go read IC.
Unread 10th of December, 2007, 15:05
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

I'm trying to keep OOC here. I did slip up a bit last week, but so as not to interrupt the flow, I figured I'd clear up potential confusion on a couple of points here.

Zora implied Kirfah was wealthier than Breena, not noble. If Breena takes that comment and runs with it, that's on her.

The comment about Hannigan hiring people to work the fields is far long past, but I know it has been made. Also for the record, Sasha is hardly an indentured servant -- she is hired help.
Unread 13th of December, 2007, 06:34
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

Errrr... brain fart here. Did you guys all get the story about what happened out at the grove, or did Zora just tell you about Death with Fangs and never get into the other things she learned from Lia? I'm thinking a big part of that story didnt' get told because we got sidetracked. Yeah I could look it up, but if you'll tell me if this sounds familiar or not then I'll work on telling the story if I need to.
Unread 13th of December, 2007, 07:09
Dalcassius
Wraith

I remember there being a short discussion about Zora's trip to see Lia at the grove, but any facts aside from the information learned about Death with Fangs are not coming to mind... If we did go over, perhaps even a recap might be useful.
Unread 13th of December, 2007, 08:08
Gamebird
Shadow

Yeah, not coming to mind here either.
Unread 13th of December, 2007, 08:23
LightBringer
Lord Ruthven [Epic GM]

Member: #2777
Recap sounds good
Unread 14th of December, 2007, 00:47
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

I was afraid of that. I remember worrying that I wouldn't ever get to tell the whole story at the time.

Ok, I'll work on that in a bit. Just so you know though, I have enough roleplaying/gaming writing to do today that I wish I were being paid hourly for this stuff! Does anyone here play Runescape? If you do, maybe that will explain things because this week was a poo storm in that game. I'm a player mod and it's been rough. Plus other stuff...

I'll get to it when I can.
Unread 14th of December, 2007, 04:13
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

Member: #1475
Ah, that explains some stuff. That conversation hadn't been handed down to the rest of the group. Yeah, there's some important stuff in there, but I'll let LG field it. Feel free to keep going otherwise.

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!