Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > itches' Games > Band of Bumbling Bards

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #101  
Unread 7th of August, 2002, 00:39
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.95 per day)
Yavan raises an eyebrow at the presence of the chest. They couldn't think to give them a reward after that song, could they? The song was a reward itself, greater than any material posession. More importantly, these were refugees and they would likely need every piece of equipment and resource they coudl get their hands on. They likely know this and the gesture itself touches the elf deeply. These were good people. They were worth fighting for.

He blinks in surprise at the thought of fighting. Even by elven standards he was a gentle soul. Sure he could swing a sword with a fair degree of proficiency and could hit a target with his bow just as well as any other, but he disliked violence. Still, perhaps it was senseless violence that he abhored.

A slight smile comes to his lips as he sees the halfling skipping over to the small assembly. Ilia was feeling better, good, he had been worried that the evening's music would have left her depressed.

At last he looks up at Fions and asks simply, "What is this?"
  #102  
Unread 9th of August, 2002, 21:35
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.27 per day)
Waiting for the Performers to gather around Fionis places the Chest on the ground. Ignoring Cadirus's question for the moment she looks over at Hume who is standing a short way off. He gives her a small nod, and she turns to face the elf. Looking for a moment into his eyes she seems to be trying to gain the courage to say what she wants to. At last she takes a breath and begins.

"This is a chest with our most treasured possession in it. Keep in mind I am not giving this chest to you. It does not belong to me I am merely its custodian until its true owners come along. Let me explain.

When Biate was upon his deathbed he had his most treasured possesions brought to him with this chest he had special made. Commanding all those with him to leave he placed the treasure in the chest and sealed it. Calling his attendants back to him he gave them the chest back and foretold "one day those who are worthy shall come. And then they shall open this chest and receive my most precious gift. A Warning however goes along with this. Those who are unworthy and try and open yonder chest shall face a terrible punishment. "

Hume and I have spoken of this and we agree .You people are the ones who Biate spoke of in his prophecy. It is for you that this chest was destined."

Looking around at each of the bards, taking a moment to look in each of their eyes, she asks. "Will you accept this chest?"

((Sorry about taking so long to post this, but I needed to work on what is inside the chest, and if you open it [if you can] you will see why it took me so long]))
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches

Last edited by itches; 9th of August, 2002 at 21:38.
  #103  
Unread 9th of August, 2002, 23:14
Kahluah's Avatar
Kahluah
Dingo of War [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #5
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 1,715 (0.28 per day)
Ilia looks at the chest, tilting her head at the story. "We're a part of a prophesy? How? We're just performers.." The confusion in the halflings mind swims up through the dark brown of her eyes, leaping over the golden flecks in them.

She looks to Morgan, searching her face for the answers.
__________________
"You cannot prepare yourself for squirrels." - Martin Jol.
  #104  
Unread 9th of August, 2002, 23:26
SponkleofInfini's Avatar
SponkleofInfini
Fluff Zombie [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #131
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,136 (0.36 per day)
Beronas places his right hand under his chin, he ponders.

"What if we are not the ones of who you speak of, what then, your mistake may in turn cause something terrible to happen to us."
__________________
"It's not that I'm lazy. I just don't care. It's a problem of motivation."
Office Space
  #105  
Unread 10th of August, 2002, 01:35
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.95 per day)
Yavan's face remains largely impassive as Fions tells her tale. Inside however his mind reels and attempts to grapple with the story and implications presented to them. Prophecy? Had Biate truly seen them coming? Or, more likely, had the followers been so moved by their performance that they automatically assumed the band of bards to be the ones spoken of?

The somber elf glances around, looking at the faces of those assembled. He realizes that if they do open this chest, they will be bound to these people. If they accept the prophecy and are the ones, there is no turning back. Accepting the gift, accepting the treasure forces them to become something more, something greater.

He glances around, looking at the refugees who had been hunted and were fleeing from a force seeking to exterminate them. He sees the innocent men, women, and children in addition to those who have been trained to defend themselves. These were people worth looking out for.

Nodding once Yavan bends down and attempts to open the chest.
  #106  
Unread 10th of August, 2002, 01:55
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.27 per day)
As Yavan picks up the chest and attempt to open it, he discovers that it will not. Upon a close look he discovers that it has been locked down. Looking up from the chest, he sees Fionis and Hume watching him carefully.
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches
  #107  
Unread 10th of August, 2002, 02:05
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.95 per day)
Yavan frowns as he contemplates the locked chest before him. It would not be any ordinary lock, such a treasure could not be safely kept from unworthy hands by a mundane device. It would need something, but what? An act of kindness? A musical note? What was the secret, what was the key? Yavan fears he might never figure it out.

He glances up at Fions and Hume, seeing them watching his every move. They seem to desperately want the prophecy to come true. They are in a very dark time, and it appears they are in need of a few more good souls to protect them.

It then occurrs to Yavan, he doesn't really care what lies within the chest. He does not seek to know what is in it, greed does not guide his hand. The elf realizes that he merely wished to open the box to further cement what he already knew to be true. He felt an attachment to these people and whether he was a part of the prophecy or if he was merely a simple performer, he wishes only to help.

Noting Beronas' look of concern the elf speaks simply, "Do not worry, I only endanger myself with this. It is a risk I gladly take."
  #108  
Unread 10th of August, 2002, 02:54
Maeko's Avatar
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Member: #91
Location: Italy
Posts: 790 (0.13 per day)
Mogan feels Ilia's stare on her, she shakes her head slightly, this has noting to do with Dwarven custom, the woman has never heard Biate mentioned before tonight.

At Fions' words she almost speaks out:A prophecy? How can we... but she sees hopeful glances around, hope, the only thing left to this small, dwindling group who gave four strangers the gift of fire.

If I can help them, I will she vows.

Then Mogan moves a couple of steps forward, ready to assist Yavan.
__________________
Maeko

Portrait Adoption
  #109  
Unread 10th of August, 2002, 11:15
SponkleofInfini's Avatar
SponkleofInfini
Fluff Zombie [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #131
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,136 (0.36 per day)
Beronas looks on carefully at Yavin and Morgan's futile attempts to open the chest.

"Maybe I could be of assistance, I have opened my fair share of chests in my day, I just hope the lock is not to complex."

Before laying a hand on the chest Beronas examines it carefully.

(OOC: Search +7 for traps, if he finds a trap Disable Device +10, for the lock if any Open Lock +10.)
__________________
"It's not that I'm lazy. I just don't care. It's a problem of motivation."
Office Space

Last edited by SponkleofInfini; 10th of August, 2002 at 17:20.
  #110  
Unread 10th of August, 2002, 16:21
Kahluah's Avatar
Kahluah
Dingo of War [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #5
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 1,715 (0.28 per day)
Ilia too walks forwards, ready to assist where needed.
__________________
"You cannot prepare yourself for squirrels." - Martin Jol.
  #111  
Unread 10th of August, 2002, 17:58
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.27 per day)
Taking the chest Beronas picks it up and carefully looks it over. At first glance there appears to be nothing unusual about the chest. However experience has taught Beronas that things were often not what they appear. Taking out his equipment, he gently problems the opening, slowly and ready to freeze, at a moments notice. Finding nothing at first he is convinced that there are no hidden traps when he encounters something. Something that feels acutely like a needle poised to stab anyone planning to try ad open the chest with out a key. Slowly putting a pair of pliers into the lock Beronas break the needle. Giving a small sigh he moves on to opening the lock ad does so with ease. With drawing away from the chest he looks at the others.

" I have unlocked it, and disarmed a trap that was in there. I didnt find any other ones, but there is a possibility that I missed some of them. I barely found the one I did."
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches
  #112  
Unread 13th of August, 2002, 02:11
Maeko's Avatar
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Member: #91
Location: Italy
Posts: 790 (0.13 per day)
Morgan eyes the chest warily, she has an healthy distrust for traps.

" Maybe it would be possible to open it at distance".

OOC : could Mage Hand work?
__________________
Maeko

Portrait Adoption

Last edited by Maeko; 13th of August, 2002 at 02:13.
  #113  
Unread 13th of August, 2002, 02:52
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.27 per day)
Yes



It feels wrong posting only one word so we have this.

say how many of you can survive a fireball?
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches
  #114  
Unread 13th of August, 2002, 03:11
Maeko's Avatar
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Member: #91
Location: Italy
Posts: 790 (0.13 per day)
OOC: with luck I could, but I'd prefer nor to risk it
__________________
Maeko

Portrait Adoption
  #115  
Unread 13th of August, 2002, 09:49
SponkleofInfini's Avatar
SponkleofInfini
Fluff Zombie [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #131
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,136 (0.36 per day)
(OOC: Well me if I make the save)
__________________
"It's not that I'm lazy. I just don't care. It's a problem of motivation."
Office Space
  #116  
Unread 13th of August, 2002, 10:15
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.27 per day)
Okay Enough of the OOC talk in here. If you must keep this conversation up take it to that thread. Other wise Post In Character.
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches
  #117  
Unread 13th of August, 2002, 16:57
Maeko's Avatar
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Member: #91
Location: Italy
Posts: 790 (0.13 per day)
Morgan draws a deep breath:Fharlangh! I hope this isn't going to blow in my face...

" Please, everybody, stay back, as much as possible".

As the crowd complies she positions herself 30 feet from the chest, and starts singing a simple tune.

OOC casting mage hand from maximum range
__________________
Maeko

Portrait Adoption
  #118  
Unread 13th of August, 2002, 17:40
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.27 per day)
Talking What? You Were Expecting The Adams Family Parhaps?

AS The few people still standing around the chest move to put as much distance between themselves and the chest as possible - with out being to far away to see what happens - Morgan centres herself. Beginning to chant a simple ditty the tune easily heard, but the words seems to slip away from the listeners as they grasp it.

Every eye on the chest, there is an audible gasp as the lid suddenly lifts with a load protesting creak, determining just how long it has remained closed for. A Silence settles over everyone, each dreading the worst, but nothing happens. Nervous giggle comes from one of the watchers as they realise that there was nothing to be feared from the chest, and the remaining tension breaks.
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches
  #119  
Unread 13th of August, 2002, 18:16
SponkleofInfini's Avatar
SponkleofInfini
Fluff Zombie [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #131
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,136 (0.36 per day)
Beronas slips his hands behind his head.

"Well I am glad no one got hurt."

He makes his way back to the chest to see what's inside.
__________________
"It's not that I'm lazy. I just don't care. It's a problem of motivation."
Office Space
  #120  
Unread 13th of August, 2002, 19:38
Maeko's Avatar
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Member: #91
Location: Italy
Posts: 790 (0.13 per day)
Morgan nears the chest too (ooc: and that is when the delayed fireball goes off).

" Fions, we would be honored if you would..."
__________________
Maeko

Portrait Adoption
  #121  
Unread 14th of August, 2002, 22:23
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.27 per day)
What's In The Box?


What's In The Box?
In The Box,
What's In The BoxToday?

What's In The Box?
In The Box,
What's In The Box This Way?

Laughing, Singing, Dancing Along,
That's What's In The Box Today


((Ignore that^^^))


As they gather near the chest, they look inside. Each expecting some secret treasure of their own imagination, or perhaps nothing, or even those expecting a trap are disappointed. Within the box lays a red velvet cloth, clearly covering something.
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches
  #122  
Unread 14th of August, 2002, 22:39
SponkleofInfini's Avatar
SponkleofInfini
Fluff Zombie [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #131
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,136 (0.36 per day)
(OOC: I can't believe you added that little intro song, my respect for you has now plumeted )

Beronas looks at the red cloth

"Well the suspense is enormous isn't it, I bet it's another box we have to open."

Beronas lets off a slight chuckle. Beronas lifts off the cloth revealing the item within.
  #123  
Unread 15th of August, 2002, 00:54
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.95 per day)
Yavan remains silent, waiting for what was in the box to be revealed. For weal or woe they were in it together. Glancing at each of the other three Yavan wonders if it was fate or merely luck that brought them here. Either way it mattered little, they were here and they were either those told of in the prophecy of Biate, or they were imposters.

The elf drums his fingers lightly on his thigh as he waits for the contents to be revealed.
  #124  
Unread 15th of August, 2002, 01:01
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.27 per day)
As The bard, lifts the cloth, two items comeinto view.

A Small Bag and a Scoll of Paper, yellowed from age and with an unmarked wax seal.
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches
  #125  
Unread 15th of August, 2002, 01:18
SponkleofInfini's Avatar
SponkleofInfini
Fluff Zombie [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #131
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,136 (0.36 per day)
Beronas picks up the bag, examines it, then opens it, looking to see if it has any contents.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 02:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren