Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > itches' Games > Band of Bumbling Bards

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #26  
Unread 1st of July, 2002, 22:41
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.95 per day)
Yavan is surprised by the sudden presence but continues to pluck and strum the well-crafted lute. Noticing Morgan's glance to him, Yavan unbuckles his sword and climbs down from the cart, still playing his lute. He continues to do so until he reaches the elf where he stops and clasps his hand.

"Well met indeed," he says in elven. Yavan's smile lights his amber eyes. It had been weeks since he had smiled when off stage and it was good to see a brother elf again.

"I am Yavan a'Nyere, and we are traveling to the Duke's celebration. What brings you here?"

Last edited by Cadrius; 3rd of July, 2002 at 02:33.
  #27  
Unread 2nd of July, 2002, 02:09
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.27 per day)
"You scout out our camp?" the crossbow wielding mad says to the not so sneaky Beronas. "I tell you what then. Why don’t you just turn around and go back to ya friends, and next time you walk up and ask if you want to know sum fin. Or one day you might get a bolt in you. " The man takes a step back, and gestures, for Beronas to move back the way he came.

Back at the Carts, the Elf, smiles at the troupe, as they don’t make any unfriendly movements. Taking his hand off his sword, he turns back to the forest and calls out in the common tongue "It's okay, they are friendly". Turning back the fellow elf that stands in front of him he speaks
"my name is Vilion, and -" glancing at the non-elves, he continues in common. "I am a part of the caravan group up ahead. Paraphs we should go and talk there. It is getting Late, and while I am not at liberties to invite you to out night meal, I have little doubt that Fions will invite you herself."

While the elf Looks to see if any of the party objects, they can all see a figure, dressed, similarly to Vilion moving off towards the caravans
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches
  #28  
Unread 2nd of July, 2002, 02:26
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.95 per day)
"That would be excellent," Yavan says, still smiling despite the mentioning of the caravan up ahead. They had sent one to scout it out, searching for danger, hopefully he was not caught.

"Part of the caravan you say? What a fortunate coincidence. One of our companions went ahead to make certain that the group of wagons was safe to travel near. You cannot be too careful on the road these days," Yavan says, in almost complete contradiction to what he had been thinking earlier.

"He should be back shortly. We will be along shortly if you wish to return to your camp," the elf says still smiling.

((OOC: How about some Diplomacy on this fellow, +12))
  #29  
Unread 2nd of July, 2002, 03:46
Kahluah's Avatar
Kahluah
Dingo of War [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #5
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 1,715 (0.28 per day)
I just love it when they assume that the non-elves can't understand their dialects. The looks on some of their faces when I speak to them is payment enough at times. Ilia thinks to herself as she continues to smile graciously at Vilion, understanding each and every word being spoken between he and Yavan.

"I, too, shall second Yavan's notion in that you can't be too careful on the roads these days. All manner of strange folk could be running about, especially at this late hour. And besides, you know what they say about there being safety in numbers.." says the halfling, the elven words flowing off her tongue as eloquently as if it had been an elf speaking them.

Switching back to the common in a fluid act, Ilia continues. "Now, if it is not much trouble to you, would you care to escort us into your encampment, Vilion, was it? Certainly it would be rude to trample through of our own accord." And they say halflings have no account for manners, puh!
__________________
"You cannot prepare yourself for squirrels." - Martin Jol.

Last edited by itches; 2nd of July, 2002 at 03:52.
  #30  
Unread 2nd of July, 2002, 13:05
SponkleofInfini's Avatar
SponkleofInfini
Fluff Zombie [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #131
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,136 (0.36 per day)
Beronas backs away from the dwarf weilding the crossbow with a large wry grin planted on his face.
"Sorry to have desturbed you sir, I shall bid you farewell"
He bows and heads back to the wagons.
hmm, damn I don't think I shall live this down if the others are to head to the camp
beronas slips his hands behind his head walking in a rather flamboyant fashion, keeping an eye out for his companions or anything else that is of any interest.
__________________
"It's not that I'm lazy. I just don't care. It's a problem of motivation."
° Office Space
  #31  
Unread 2nd of July, 2002, 18:21
Maeko's Avatar
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Member: #91
Location: Italy
Posts: 790 (0.13 per day)
Morgan shudders inwardly as Ilia starts speaking in what, to her, sounds fluent Elvish.
Was it really necessary? He was using us a courtesy, she wonders, besides, I do not understand a single word.
She has always felt Elvish is rather overrated as a must-language for bards. Yes, it is melodic and flowing, but if not used by real experts could soon become cloying and rather annoying, at least in the way today's 'academical' bards use it.
__________________
Maeko

Portrait Adoption

Last edited by Maeko; 3rd of July, 2002 at 00:38.
  #32  
Unread 2nd of July, 2002, 20:27
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.27 per day)
Vilion gives a small bow to the troupe and speaks.

"I shall await your arrival, then."

As he starts to turn to catch up to the now departing figure, he glances back and remarks

"You said one of your companions was scouting ahead? How strange, I didn’t notice anything when I came down to investigate you. He must be talented indeed."

As Beronas makes his way casually back to the rest of the Bards, he happens across two people heading towards the caravans that he was just at. The shorter of the two figures, Glances at him, and gives Beronas a wide grin as they past, but says nothing as they walk into the circle of caravans. A few moments latter he arrives back among his companions.
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches

Last edited by itches; 2nd of July, 2002 at 21:25.
  #33  
Unread 2nd of July, 2002, 20:44
SponkleofInfini's Avatar
SponkleofInfini
Fluff Zombie [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #131
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,136 (0.36 per day)
"hello sir, my name is Beronas, who may you thee be". Bowing to the elf as he passes in a flamboyant fashion, grinning as his bows".
__________________
"It's not that I'm lazy. I just don't care. It's a problem of motivation."
° Office Space

Last edited by SponkleofInfini; 2nd of July, 2002 at 21:44.
  #34  
Unread 2nd of July, 2002, 22:57
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.95 per day)
Yavan nods to the elf and waves. Climbing back on his wagon he produces a lap-harp and begins plucking strings while waiting for Beronas to return. Producing small, gentle notes Yavan watches the wind move through the grass.

As Beronas returns the elf says, "We are going down into that camp as we made some friends, perhaps you saw them."
  #35  
Unread 2nd of July, 2002, 23:22
SponkleofInfini's Avatar
SponkleofInfini
Fluff Zombie [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #131
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,136 (0.36 per day)
"Ah you could say that yes" He slids his hand behind his head, "I may not be so welcome there, I met a little trouble while scouting". Letting off a dry laugh.
__________________
"It's not that I'm lazy. I just don't care. It's a problem of motivation."
° Office Space
  #36  
Unread 2nd of July, 2002, 23:51
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.95 per day)
Yavan abruptly stops playing as the man mentions running into trouble. This did not bode well. He replies slowly, anunciating each word.

"I sincerely hope you did not offend them, those other two seemed glad enough to meet us. What happened? I would prefer not to walk into the camp thinking we have found new friends only to meet new enemies."

Putting his harp away he sits and stares at the man, awaiting a reply.
  #37  
Unread 3rd of July, 2002, 00:28
Kahluah's Avatar
Kahluah
Dingo of War [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #5
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 1,715 (0.28 per day)
Ilia shrugs slightly and watches the two depart their company. "They seemed nice enough, don't you think? I think so at least."

As Beronas comes back, she smiles a little. Unfortunately, at his report on how it went, the smile on the halfling's face fades. "A little trouble? Those three words can have a plethora of different meanings, I should know, I have experienced a few myself. So pray tell what meaning yours has." Her words aren't condescending so much as they are inquisitive and curious.
__________________
"You cannot prepare yourself for squirrels." - Martin Jol.

Last edited by Kahluah; 3rd of July, 2002 at 00:36.
  #38  
Unread 3rd of July, 2002, 00:31
Maeko's Avatar
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Member: #91
Location: Italy
Posts: 790 (0.13 per day)
At the mention of trouble Morgan sits up, she opens her mouth to question the embarassed human but Yavan speaks first.
Well, if they let him go unharmed it can't have been that bad, thinks the cynical part of her brain.

She keeps her peace, waiting for Berronas to explain.
__________________
Maeko

Portrait Adoption
  #39  
Unread 3rd of July, 2002, 00:56
SponkleofInfini's Avatar
SponkleofInfini
Fluff Zombie [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #131
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,136 (0.36 per day)
Beronas crosses his arms.
"I was as quiet as a mouse, but was caught by a dwarf, he held a crossbow to my skull. He demanded my reasoning for lurking around near their camp. Lets just say we did not leave on good terms. Do not fear, I did not kill the dwarf, I was in no real position to do such a thing if the situation got worse. I doubt I will be a welcome visitor, maybe I should wait outside of their camp while you all join them; look after the wagons, keep the animals company for awhile and gather my thoughts".
__________________
"It's not that I'm lazy. I just don't care. It's a problem of motivation."
° Office Space
  #40  
Unread 3rd of July, 2002, 01:05
Maeko's Avatar
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Member: #91
Location: Italy
Posts: 790 (0.13 per day)
Morgan wills her mouth to close: " Elves and Dwarves in the same caravan? This is worth a song!
Well, Beronas, we have been invited, and the Soulforger's folk usually likes to sound fierce.
I shouldn't worry too much, if they had wanted to bite, you would have felt it".

And I should know it. Einkil has the loudest bellow I ever heard, and is the kindest being I ever shared a fire with. It mustn't have been easy for him to raise a human foster-child, yet I couln't have wished for a better father.
__________________
Maeko

Portrait Adoption

Last edited by Maeko; 3rd of July, 2002 at 01:39.
  #41  
Unread 3rd of July, 2002, 01:18
SponkleofInfini's Avatar
SponkleofInfini
Fluff Zombie [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #131
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,136 (0.36 per day)
Beronas lets out a sigh.
"Aye, Morgan maybe you are right, I guess we could see how they feel about me. Personally I find it rather embarresing, and would prefer not to venture into the camp."
Beronas strolls over to the wagon, He hops up onto the back of the carriage, and lays down.
"If you are to come accross a dwarf who stumbled upon an intruder this evening give him my apologies".
__________________
"It's not that I'm lazy. I just don't care. It's a problem of motivation."
° Office Space

Last edited by SponkleofInfini; 3rd of July, 2002 at 13:53.
  #42  
Unread 3rd of July, 2002, 01:34
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.95 per day)
At the back of the wagons Yavan rolls his eyes. He had no doubt that Beronas was as loud as a stampeding dragon to have a dwarf catch him.

"Very well, let's not keep our gracious hosts waiting."

Even before they start moving Yavan is running his brain for what songs or epics could entertain those in the camp. Dwarves and elves, an interestin combination. Perhaps there were gnomes and halflings as well. It would round out a demihuman caravan nicely.
  #43  
Unread 3rd of July, 2002, 02:42
Kahluah's Avatar
Kahluah
Dingo of War [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #5
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 1,715 (0.28 per day)
Ilia smiles and nods. Fair enough then. I've experienced worse. She thinks to herself, remembering her experiences prior to the kobolds.

She once more takes up her fiddle and starts to tune the brindlewood instrument even more finely. If they are to entertain the merchants, then they had best make a proper effort of it.
__________________
"You cannot prepare yourself for squirrels." - Martin Jol.
  #44  
Unread 3rd of July, 2002, 03:34
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.27 per day)
Onward the troupe moves, though this time, not so far. After travelling 200 ft down the track, they turn off and enter the edge of the clearing that contains the circled wagons.

As they pull up, out of the circles emerge two people. A grinning elf, who is familiar to them all as Vilion, and a scowling dwarf, who Beronas recognizes, though this time he wields no crossbow.

As the duo comes within earshot Vilion speaks.

"Greetings, once again. I am glad that you decided to take up the invitation. My surly dwarven friend here is Hume," Vilion gestures to the Dwarf, and then adds with a laugh. "Which I believe at least one of your party has already met"
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches
  #45  
Unread 3rd of July, 2002, 03:42
Kahluah's Avatar
Kahluah
Dingo of War [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #5
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 1,715 (0.28 per day)
Ilia jumps off of the wagon lightly, fiddle and bow in her hands. "I do believe that he has. He was merely trying to get a look at who was making such jovial noise in the middle of the woods. I would have joined him, but one is usually plenty."

She walks up to Vilion and nods her head in greeting. "I forgot to introduce myself to you earlier. My name is Ilia Yellowflower."

After making with the small talk for a while, she starts re-tuning her fiddle.
__________________
"You cannot prepare yourself for squirrels." - Martin Jol.
  #46  
Unread 3rd of July, 2002, 03:48
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.95 per day)
Yavan smiles, at least there wasn't any bad blood between the dwarf and Beronas. For a brief moment he had feared that the man had slain the dwarf and then snuck back up to the wagons. With that fear put to rest and Vilion welcoming them, Yavan relaxes a bit.

He steps down off of his cart carrying a backpack and a sack. He puts his things down and bows slightly before rumbling in dwarven, "Well met sir dwarf, I trust that our companion did not cause too much trouble?"

He peers around the campfire to get a better look at who else travels with the elf and dwarf.

Smiling he asks, "So what brings you out here?"

((OOC: Come on Hume turn that frown upside down, Diplomacy))
  #47  
Unread 3rd of July, 2002, 14:06
SponkleofInfini's Avatar
SponkleofInfini
Fluff Zombie [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #131
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,136 (0.36 per day)
Beronas sits up onto the edge of the wagon then hops off. Beronas walks over to Yavin and the Dwarf. "I believe we got off on the wrong foot, Hume is it, I am Beronas" speaking in the Dwarven tongue. Beronas looks over to Yavin murmering in Dwarven "I find it rude for you to speak of me behind my back, especially in foreign tongue" letting off a quick smile. "Do not worry sir Hume, I won't pester you this evening", bowing before returning to the wagon, leaning against the side.
__________________
"It's not that I'm lazy. I just don't care. It's a problem of motivation."
° Office Space
  #48  
Unread 3rd of July, 2002, 16:27
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.27 per day)
Hume continues to frown at the assorted people standing in front of him, and then breaks out into a smile to match Vilion's.

"Don’t you worry about before," the Dwarfs says them the group, particularly Beronas. "We of all people understand jus' 'ow dangerous it can be around 'ere. A Word of advice but. If your gona see what there is to see, do it withou' bein' seen."

Bowing to Ilia and replying in the eleven tongue "Indeed it is good to be properly introduced madam Yellowflower. "As it is a pleasure to hear a non-elf speaking the high tongue so well."

As Yavan speaks about trouble Vilion breaks out into laughter. "It is no trouble at all, and we wouldn’t consider it as such. But from your faces I deem that you thought you had made a grave error." Laughing again Vilion’s face quickly falls when the casual question comes

"So what are you doing out here."

Glancing around behind the party he speaks lower and in a more sombre voice. "This is not the time or the place to speak of such things. Come Camp here next to us for tonight, and the added security will aid us both. I have also been authorised to invite you to a meal tonight."


((I will post a list of the people who travels with them when you are introduced. why don’t you spend this time, deciding if you are going to stay here tonight, and either setting up camp, or asking Vilion a question or two before he goes. -Basically I’m buying time so that I can do a small bit of work. Humour me please))
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches

Last edited by itches; 3rd of July, 2002 at 19:58.
  #49  
Unread 3rd of July, 2002, 17:09
Maeko's Avatar
Maeko
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Member: #91
Location: Italy
Posts: 790 (0.13 per day)
Knowing that there were dwarves in the camp, Morgan dismounted before reaching it, and entered the site walking and leading her horse. It was common politeness not to go visit towering over your host, and she feels she is more than enough tall already.

She assist to the scene between Hume and Beronas with a light smile of her own, pleased to be proven right in her understanding of the previous incident.
She is a bit behind the others, in a pause of the conversation she pitches her voice so that it will carry a bit and introduces herself in Dwarven with the traditional formula for guests, only slightly modified:
"Hail the Soulforger's Folk and the Fair Folk of Corellon. I am Morgan Mac Aran, foster-daughter to Einkil Silverbeard, son of Gunnar, son of Thorvald, of Red Rock Hold. I thank thee for the gift of fire in the dark night"
This caravan really picks her curiosity, while is true that Dwarves and Elves are not necessarily hostile to each other only rarely has she seen them travelling together.
__________________
Maeko

Portrait Adoption
  #50  
Unread 4th of July, 2002, 00:45
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.95 per day)
Yavan turns his head and stares at the human for a moment. His eyes narrow slightly and he speaks so faintly that Beronas who is standing next to him has trouble hearing it, "Clean your ears, and if you have a quarrel with me, you can save it until later."

The elf smiles for he is glad to see that the dwarf harbors no ill-will toward them. Yet the smile fades as Vilion becomes more serious. Either danger was about or it sought the caravan out. For a moment Yavan ponders the wisdom of staying with them, but then he realizes that trouble or not, they would be stronger together than apart.

"Thank you for the invitation Vilion, might I inquire as to who authorized you?"

Carrying his belongings Yavan strides into the camp and scans the area before waiting for Vilion to introduce them to the rest of the caravan.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 21:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren