Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > itches' Games > Band of Bumbling Bards

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #151  
Unread 22nd of April, 2005, 06:10
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.81 per day)
The medallion around Yavan's neck suddenly blazes with the light of the sun itself. Iubar, Verlif - the names means little enough to Rina, but it is clear that everything has changed. Yavan's unexpected defiance stirs her heart and then suddenly she sees the shimmering outlines of some ghostly woman surrounding her. Infused with the light, she makes a desparate lunge at the Baron.

It will be my choice.

The thought springs through her head as she propels her body in a wild charge at Sanguis. Her feet spurning the stone as she leaps with a flying kick, hoping the essence of Verlif will sustain her.
  #152  
Unread 25th of April, 2005, 09:51
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.96 per day)
He took a gamble, and for once Lady Luck kept Yavan in her favor. A fraction of a second after Rina begins to move, Yavan follows suit. Rushing forward, he makes a lunge at the Baron with the jeweled rapier. Aculeus, provided he's still capable of thought, is likely rueing his gift.

"Come, monster! Let us finish this!"

((OOC: Move, attack. If possible, he'll try and get on the opposite side of the Baron as Rina.))
  #153  
Unread 26th of April, 2005, 06:05
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.29 per day)
Leaping forward, Rina left behind the visage of the ghost as she moved to attack. The kick connected with a sensation akin to that of kicking stone, still the blow managed to move him slightly even if it caused no other visible effect. From behind Yaven rushed up and lunged with the point of his borrowed weapon. Unfortunately the slight movement from Rina's attack caused him aim to go wide.

From the side of the room a brown blur flew towards the battle. With a swiftness that was shocking, The Baron caught the object from the air and examined it for a moment. It was a large, leather bound book. From where he stood Korbi grimaced at the ease his makeshift weapon was intercepted. With an indifferent look the vampire threw the object back, striking the Gnome with a sickening thud and destroying the book on impact. The blow knocked the lore keeper against the wall, dislodging a torch, and then he fell to the ground where he lay unmoving.

With a continuing shriek, Antigone launched herself at Rina, large filthy nails now evident on each hand. The momentum combined with the woman's unnatural strength carried them both to the ground. With one hand pulling on Rina's hair, the other tearing rents through the stomach of the gown, the scratches drawing blood.

[[OOC:Rina and Antigone are on the ground grappling (read: catfight). Rina has taken 4 points of damage. Dracu - I mean - Sanguis took 4 from Rina's kick.]]
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches

Last edited by itches; 28th of April, 2005 at 14:28. Reason: I had the math wrong
  #154  
Unread 28th of April, 2005, 02:01
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.81 per day)
Ignoring the burning sting as nails dig into her flesh, Rina twists like a wildcat, jerking her head in an effort to disloge Antigone's hold on her hair. Small she might be, but Rina was both strong and flexible. If it had to be hand to hand combat, then this was an area where she was at home. Baring her teeth, she decides to give this undead creature more than it bargained for. With another twist, she pinions the thing's arms and attempts to lock her legs around her enemy.

<OOC: Attempt a pin, grapple +8>
  #155  
Unread 29th of April, 2005, 22:44
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.96 per day)
The Baron twists ever so slightly with a grace that easily rivals Rina's own, and the rapier pierces naught but the air between his torso and arm. Grimacing, Yavan pulls back from his lunge while Sanguis knocks Korbi senseless with an ancient tome. An idle thought strays through the elf's mind.

How many pages were in that? Ten quires? A ream?

He snaps himself back to the fight as the Baron focuses his attention back on Yavan. He feels the ethereal cello playing along to an unheard melody. Yavan decides to give voice to it. He easily falls into the key and begins singing in his native tongue, a sweet tenor adding richness to the deeper tones put forth by the instrument.

Feeling the surge of music within his blood, Yavan lunges again.
  #156  
Unread 29th of April, 2005, 23:15
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.29 per day)
Twisting as only an acrobat can, Rina managed to pull out of the Antigone's hold, and then in an amazing display of agility pin the creature despite its superior strength.

Once more Yaven stuck out and once more the Baron moved to avoid the strike. This time the elf proved to be the faster, piecing the vampire's outstretched palm leaving a clear hole through. The wound, large enough to be serious to a mortal does not bleed.
Glaring at the elvan minstrel with hate; Sangius spat a command as his red eyes bore into the Yaven's.

"Remove. The. Amulet."

Dimly Yaven felt the compulsion tug on his mind, but was easily able to will it out of existence.

[[OOC:Rina has Antigone at her mercy (pinned), Yaven inflicted 8 points of damage, and resisted the super-vampire-command-thingy]]
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches

Last edited by itches; 29th of April, 2005 at 23:53.
  #157  
Unread 30th of April, 2005, 01:15
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.81 per day)
Rina's face is frozen in a mask of uncharacteristic fury. Her intent had been to use her lock to squeeze the blood vessels along her foe's neck, cutting off circulation to her brain. Applied properly, the hold would render the victim unconscious in short order. However, Antigone was no normal opponent.

Bodies locked together, Rina can't help but notice the coldness of the other, the lack of both breath and heartbeat. Antigone was dead. Her blood had long since stopped flowing; Rina might just as well try to choke a tree into unconsciousness. For a split second, she is at a loss and then Yavan's voice falls on her ears like water over parched ground.

The music!

She adjusts her hold slightly, preventing the vampire from uttering even a single sound to distract her. Then, with chilling purpose, she drags the creature towards the ghost of Verlif.
  #158  
Unread 3rd of May, 2005, 12:50
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.96 per day)
Yavan is buffeted by Sanguis' sheer will, and he very nearly crumbles in the face of it. The absolute command and authority present in the vampire's voice is past hypnotic, it's compelling. The three words are simple enough, but each carries far more weight than any pack mule could ever hope to.

But for the moment, Yavan is stronger.

"Fine," he says, flicking the rapier back up to guard. "I'll remove it as soon as I've taken your head!"

((OOC: Uh, attack and hope for the best.))
  #159  
Unread 3rd of May, 2005, 14:04
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.29 per day)
Dragging the struggling Anitgone across the room, Rina pulls the vampress through the visage of the cello playing ghost, to no noticeable effect.

Lunging in time of his insult, Yaven once more proves to be the faster of the pair. Point held high the elf thrust, and fate held his aim true. Slipping past the Baron's guard, the tip found and eagerly dug deep through the vampire's right eye. Clutching his ruined hand to the eye-socket now weeping blood uncontrollably, Sanguis screams in pain, anger, hatred and fear.

Moving with a speed that no mortal eyes could track, the vampire stepped in close to the offending elf, and unleashed a blow of inhuman strength. The feeling was somewhat akin to that of being hit by a mountain, and with an explosion of air from his lungs Yaven flew through the air to land on his back several feet away.

At that moment, the torch dislodged by Korbi's felling caused the stacked parchments on the shelf nearest to explode into flame.

[[OOC: Be thankful I made these vampires susceptible to critical damage. While Rina is off playing games with Antigone, Yaven managed to hit home for 18 points of damage. In return Yaven was hit for 9 points of damage, and now lays on his back 5ft away. Oh, and there is a fire spreading.]]
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches
  #160  
Unread 4th of May, 2005, 23:02
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.96 per day)
He lands on the floor, the wind knocked from his lungs. Sanguis' strength, much as Yavan expected, was clearly supernatural. It's one myth about vampires that the elf wishes wasn't true. The mithril shirt underneath his doublet absorbed a good portion of the blow. If not for that, he'd likely have more than just one cracked rib now. But it was worth it.

Slowly, Yavan pushes himself to his feet. It hurts to breathe. Yet he imagines it hurts worse to have your eye skewered by a rapier. He forces a smile onto his handsome face. "We're just beginning, Sanguis." He flicks the gore from his blade. "Come and dance with me."

((OOC: Stand, five foot step, attack. Whee.))
  #161  
Unread 4th of May, 2005, 23:33
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.81 per day)
Rina isn't quite sure what she had hoped would happen, but she had been counting on something. Instead, she is left in the same situation as a moment ago, with time draining rapidly from the hourglass of their lives. Another of Yavan's taunts reaches her ears and it lifts her heart: he seemed to have found passion for something other than his music.

Feeling rather like she has a tiger by the tail, Rina feels the heat of the nearby fire that is now threatening to consume the library. Once more, she heaves her ungainly opponent onward, this time towards the crackling flames.

<OOC: Drag Antigone to the flames and toss her in.>

Last edited by Gralhruk; 5th of May, 2005 at 01:15.
  #162  
Unread 5th of May, 2005, 01:09
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.29 per day)
Dragging the struggling and screeching Antigone across the floor once more, Rina managed to get the vampress into the fire without burning herself. Once in the flames Antigone struggled for a few moments before falling still.

Lunging towards Sanguis again, Yaven managed to duck under a blow and come up inside the vampire's guard. Standing eye to eye with the creature, the elf thrusts the rapier deep into its chest, the tip emerging from the far side with a sickly wet noise. As he watched, the fire and hatred died in the Baron's remaining eye, to be replaced with only a soft sadness.

Smiling with fangs that suddenly do not seem as long, the creature backhanded Yaven. The blow sent the elvan minstrel sliding across the floor once more, leaving the rapier lodged in the vampire. Collapsing to his knees, then to his side, Sanguis gasped.

"I died .... not by your ... hand but years ... ago by -"

Then his body turned to ash, leaving his last words forever unspoken.

In the sudden stillness that followed, Yaven and Rina became aware that the music had stopped, the ghost returning from where ever it was that it had arrived from. Similarly the glow from the amulet around Yaven's neck had vanished, the brightness now being the result of the fire as it swiftly grew due to whatever preserving agents were used on the literature.

Already the heat from the flames was close to approaching unbearable.

[[OOC: Combat over. Yaven took 4 more points of damnage, but dracula is dead.]]
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches

Last edited by itches; 5th of May, 2005 at 01:12.
  #163  
Unread 6th of May, 2005, 22:39
Cadrius's Avatar
Cadrius
Refusing to Sow [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #12
Location: The Emerald City
Posts: 5,728 (0.96 per day)
He spits out a mouthful of blood. Yavan's otherwise fey beauty is marred by the crimson dripping down his chin. In the firelight it lends him a savage, almost bestial look. Painfully, the elf pushes himself to his feet again. Sanguis is dead. Antigone is dead. Korbi is...

"Rina! See to Korbi. Now would be a very good time to take our leave of this place."

Snatching up the fallen sword, Yavan half-limps, half-runs back to their rooms. It would be a hollow victory if they couldn't survive the escape.
  #164  
Unread 7th of May, 2005, 01:49
Gralhruk's Avatar
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #13
Location: The Netherworld
Posts: 10,847 (1.81 per day)
The library is fast disappearing in the roaring fire. The heat and smoke are more than enough to bring tears to Rina's eyes. The young acrobat wonders if that is the only reason.

A chance at immortality . . .

A curse, surely. Whatever it was, it was gone now. Yavan's shout cuts through her reverie and her head spins in his direction. Brown eyes fall on the pile of ash that was the Baron and she shudders. A quick leap puts her at Korbi's side, where she checks just long enough to determine he's breathing. She puts the gnome over one shoulder as carefully as she can, and then flees the inferno of the libarary.
  #165  
Unread 7th of May, 2005, 02:05
itches's Avatar
itches
Vampire Lord [Epic Admin]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Member: #10
Location: Castle Greyskull
Posts: 13,740 (2.29 per day)
Rushing back towards their quarters, the bards are brought up short as they enter the common area between their rooms. Gathered together, as if in preparation for a hasty departure is all of their gear. In front of the gear lays a small piece of parchment upon which rests a small necklace of undoubtable value. The parchment contains a simple message, short but not lacking for meaning because of it.

I always pay my dues
__________________
@}-`-- Coffee + Hate = itches

Last edited by itches; 11th of September, 2005 at 03:58.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 20:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren