Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Erendiox's Games > Blooming Dawn

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 22nd of August, 2007, 15:53
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Chapter 0 - The Beginning

There's a strange moment of confusion, the kind where everything is happening at once and nobody knows what the hell to do. Ryoshen, Sasha, and Egam stand together, behind them a small passage leading back to a main road. In the center of this T intersection, not more than 2 yards from them, is the group of 6 ruffians. Benkei, Dust, and Katsua stand 10 yards away in the perpendicular passage. Everyone looks at each other, and suddenly, someone makes the first move.

[Join Battle: Ryoshen: (Wits 3 + Awareness 2) = 5(6,5,3,2,1) botch]
[Join Battle: Egam: (Wits 3 + Awareness 3) = 6(10,10,8,8,8,2) 7 Successes]
[Join Battle: Sasha: (Wits 3 + Awareness 2) = 5(9,9,5,5,2) 2 Successes]
[Join Battle: Benkei: (Wits 2 + Awareness 1) = 3(9,6,4) 1 Success]
[Join Battle: Dust: (Wits 3 + Awareness 2) = 5(9,8,8,6,4) 3 Successes]
[Join Battle: Katsua: (Wits 2 + Awareness 1) = 3(10,6,5) 1 Success]
[Join Battle: Leader: (Wits 3 + Awareness 3) = 6(8,7,4,3,2,1) 2 Successes, Lackeys: (Wits 2 + Awareness 2) = 4(9,7,4,2) 2 Successes]
  #2  
Unread 23rd of August, 2007, 08:18
youareanoobnoob's Avatar
youareanoobnoob
Zombie [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2774
Posts: 92 (0.02 per day)
Tick 0

Egam isn't used to being ready for a situation. Usually, when sudden, frightening things happen to him, he stands still, petrified and slack-jawed with fear.

However, Egam was a little more prepared this time. With the thug in front of him performing an atypical "here's what i'm about to do" bad guy speech, Egam had enough time to, for once, react.

That didn't change his inability to fully think out situations like this, though. When he should have ran, or tried to somehow get help, he decided to fight; despite how futile the fight may be. Grabbing a rock quickly from the ground, he chucks at the thug nearest him, trying to stun him.

Turning to Sasha and Ryoshen, he runs between them, and grabs both of their hands. He tries to have them come with them, so they can get to safety.

"Come on!"

Dex + Throw roll (2 + 0) = 2 8

Last edited by Erendiox; 23rd of September, 2007 at 04:47.
  #3  
Unread 23rd of August, 2007, 13:03
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
One of the punks sidesteps Egam's rock, shouting back, annoyed. "Come on!" Egam calls, grabbing hold of Ryoshen and Sasha's hands.

Last edited by Erendiox; 23rd of September, 2007 at 04:48.
  #4  
Unread 30th of August, 2007, 12:26
CouchpotatoGOD's Avatar
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #832
Posts: 108 (0.02 per day)
Tick 4

Dust was a little overwhelmed by the amount of people in the city but he tried his best not to show it. The other two boys seemed to be on a mission of some sort, their own personal game. Dust hadn't bothered to ask them what it was yet, though the possibilities were exciting.

Ryoshen! It's you, you're alive! ... Are you... Benkei Minasune?

Dust didn't know exactly what was happening, but he knew that this must be the moment he had been waiting for. He took a step back to watch the battle. Hopefully the boy would do at least as well as last time. Glancing over to the newcomers, he thought that they seemed to have potential too. Dust considered joining the battle but for now he was content to watch.

[Dust guards]

Last edited by Erendiox; 23rd of September, 2007 at 04:51.
  #5  
Unread 31st of August, 2007, 01:28
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Tick 5

The group of men reach for their weapons, two brandishing long clubs with metal rims, while one draws out a pair of knives and another a pair of Khatars. Still another holds a hatchet in two hands, a menacing grin as he pulls it out. They spread out and begin to close in on the three. Sasha pulls her hand free from Egam's grip, drawing out her long stick and watching the thugs intently.

"This is not the time for running Egam." She says calmly, not taking her eyes off her enemies.

The leader's face is brimming with anger. He takes two steps forward, practically stomping, ducking down low, feinting, and thrusting with an outstretched arm suddenly to stab through Ryoshen's chest.

[Attack (Speed 5, DV -1): Leader: (Dexterity 3 + Melee 2 + specialty 1 + accuracy 1) = 7(10,8,7,4,2,2,1) 3 Successes]


Last edited by Erendiox; 23rd of September, 2007 at 04:49.
  #6  
Unread 31st of August, 2007, 01:30
fhgwdads05's Avatar
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2775
Location: ranchesta
Posts: 472 (0.11 per day)
Him....

The man's petty insults and weak threats did not faze Ryoshen. He immediately separated himself from his surroundings and entered a state of meditation and tranquility. Ryoshen became like the still pond, and the movements of others around him were but ripples. Every trepidation, every voice, it was all serenely clear. As Egam moved to grab his hand, Ryoshen felt the pond ripple in response. His hand slipped smoothly from Egam's grasp as the boy tried to leave, a signal of Ryoshen's intent. The pond stilled slightly for a moment, but was soon disturbed yet again. As the man thrusted his dagger towards Ryoshen, the pond rippled in response. It was antagonizingly slow and imprecise, not much unlike a glacier or falling timber. As it neared his chest, Ryoshen reacted as water to a stone. In a flash, he grabbed the man's wrist, and squeezed. With the ruffian's arm in his grasp, Ryoshen stared at the man, his eyes brilliant razors.

[Parry Lethal Unarmed]

Last edited by fhgwdads05; 31st of August, 2007 at 03:26.
  #7  
Unread 31st of August, 2007, 01:40
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
The leader gasps as his thrust is undone.

[Level 1 Stunt: Ryoshen: 2(10,6) 2 Successes]
[Ryoshen: DV 3 + 2 = 5 vs 3 successes = <miss>]
[Ryoshen: +2 motes]

Last edited by Erendiox; 24th of November, 2007 at 04:02.
  #8  
Unread 31st of August, 2007, 03:30
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Tick 6

Katsua draws in breath, seeing Ryoshen's life at stake. A sudden thought to rush into the battle is silenced, and he watches nervously, creeping slowly closer but staying out of the way.

[Guard action. Moves forward 1 yard per tick until reaching 5 yards from the conflict]

Last edited by Erendiox; 31st of August, 2007 at 03:36.
  #9  
Unread 1st of September, 2007, 10:26
Phidoe's Avatar
Phidoe
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Member: #2739
Posts: 126 (0.03 per day)
Benkie is so shocked by the girl knowing his name he is caught completely off guard by the thugs. The ally seems to lengthen as Ben begins to reach for Katsua, trying to stop him from charging into the fray. Following Katsua's line of sight however, he sees one of the thugs stab at Katsua's apparent friend. For a moment the hand and dagger seem like one pointed hoof, darkness swirling around it. The mans eyes glow red in shock as the intended victim dodges out of the way. The walls twist as a sharp pain strikes at the back of Ben's head.

“KILL HIM,” the voice in Ben head rages with an unignorable force and before he can stop himself he is charging headlong at the figure. Stumbling over loose boxes and trash that litter the ally, and sliding slightly on the damp cobble stones with each step Ben moves forward like a man possessed. Luckily Ben manages to come to his senses in time to stop himself from hitting the boy, but its too late to stop his momentum and the voice in his head wants blood.

Twisting mid-charge Ben turns his run into a dive. Rising his fist Ben lets out a deathly howl as he drives it into the cranium of the man. The voice in his head cackles calling for more, calling for blood. Driving forward like a bull with its head stuck in a small car Benkei sinks his teeth into the mans neck.

[flurry: dash, punch, (Dex 2 + MA 2 – flurry 3) = 1(8)]
__________________
When choosing the lesser of two evils remember your still choosing evil.
  #10  
Unread 10th of September, 2007, 11:00
youareanoobnoob's Avatar
youareanoobnoob
Zombie [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2774
Posts: 92 (0.02 per day)
Bewildered by Ryoshen and Sasha's refusal at his escape, Egame begins to panic a little bit. His plan had no contigency if they didn't run; he hadn't thought beyond that. He turns right after having both of them release his hand, and turns to see Ryoshen stop the thug he had thrown the rock at. With efficient speed and calmness not seen in anyone this young that Egam had known, Ryoshen stops the thug with ease. With a simple twist of his foe's wrist, he stops the momentum of the blow and at the same time gives the thug intense pain in his arm. Egam is stunned and somewhat frightened. What is this boy capable of if he can stop a man twice his size?

Frozen in awe and confusion, he stands there, unsure of what to do.

[Egam guards?]
  #11  
Unread 17th of September, 2007, 03:09
fhgwdads05's Avatar
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2775
Location: ranchesta
Posts: 472 (0.11 per day)
As the waves that crash onto the shore are pulled back to the sea from which they sprung, Ryoshen both foiled and responded to the man's attack in a single, fluid motion. Feeling the pulsations of his newfound powers, Ryoshen let the Essence surge through his body.

Upon stopping the blow, Ryoshen ripped the man's arm towards him, pivoting at the same time to avoid the dagger. He immediately gave the man a forceful slap on each cheek twice over for his wrongdoings, before bringing his knee up into the ruffian's stomach with the power of a lightning bolt. The Essence in his body raged, but Ryoshen ignored it. The man still had not learned his lesson.

Near instantaneously, Ryoshen spun about once again, this time underneath the man's arm to his other side, all the while still keeping his grasp of the same limb. Maintaining his momentum, he kicked off the loose cobbles, spinning about once more, before bringing an Essence-charged elbow down into the lower back of the now-falling man.

As he stood up, Ryoshen felt the radiant Essence leaking out of his body, the blazing mark on his forehead a conduit for its release. He turned his head towards the other ruffians, his expression frigid enough to blanket the city in frost.

[Activating 1st Martial Arts Excellency]

[Flurry (3 Attacks: Punch (slapboxing), Kick (kneeage), Punch (elbowy doom); Speed 5 DV -3)]
[Punch (Dexterity 3 + Martial Arts 2 + Accuracy 1 + 1st Martial Excellency 5 - Flurry 3) = 8 (8,9,8,2,10,7,1,4) 6 Successes
]
[Kick (Dexterity 3 + Martial Arts 2 + Accuracy 0 + 1st Martial Arts Excellency 5 - Flurry 4) = 6 (9,2,1,8,2,10) 4 Successes
]
[Punch (Dexterity 3 + Martial Arts 2 + Accuracy 1 + 1st Martial Arts Excellency 5 - Flurry 5) = 6 (1,10,2,10,6,9) 5 Successes]

[15 motes spent on 1st Martial Arts Excellency; 5 motes into Peripheral Essence, minus stunt bonuses??]

Last edited by fhgwdads05; 20th of September, 2007 at 01:59.
  #12  
Unread 20th of September, 2007, 00:59
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Benkei's massive charge meets the man's face, a bruiser for sure. Before he can even yell out in pain the giant of a boy leaps onto him, sinking his teeth painfully into the ruffian's neck. He cries out and shoves Benkei off just in time to be assaulted painfully by Ryoshen, his movements charged with this new raw power. The sun child's slap drew blood from the criminal's cheeks, his knee blows out the man's wind, and the clearly flawless placement of the elbow to the man's lower back drops him to his knees in pain. The leader mutters out what sounds to be a gurgled attempt at saying sorry. Then, with a thin line of red traveling down to his chin, his head meets the pavement.

Ryoshen's stare is piercing. Even without it, the men still would have fled after seeing such a thing happen to their lead man. After turning tail and running for their lives, the remaining group of 6 now stare in wonder and fear at this glowing brand atop the one boy's head.

[Stunt Dice: Benkei: 2(7,7) +2 Successes]
[Attack: Benkei: 3 Successes vs DV 2 <competent>]
[Damage: Benkei: (Strength 2 + Accuracy 1 = 3 - 3 soak) = 1(4) 0B Damage]
- - - - -
[Stunt Dice: Ryoshen: 2(5,3) +0 Successes, 2(4,4) +0 Successes 2(10,9) +3 Successes]
[3 Attacks: Ryoshen: 6 Successes, 4 Successes, 8 Successes, vs DV 2, DV 1, DV 0 <astonishing> <remarkable> <remarkable dragon>]
[Damage (punch): Ryoshen: (Strength 2 + Accuracy 4 - 3 soak) = 3(10,4,6) 1B Damage]
[Damage (kick): Ryoshen: (Strength 2 + Accuracy 3 + weapon 3 - 3 soak) = 5(10,10,8,6,2) 3B Damage]
[Damage (punch): Ryoshen: (Strength 2 + Accuracy 8 - 3 soak) = 7(9,7,7,6,6,5,2) 3B damage]
[Ryoshen +2 motes, banner level 2 (5 motes)]

Last edited by Erendiox; 24th of November, 2007 at 04:03.
  #13  
Unread 21st of September, 2007, 00:34
Phidoe's Avatar
Phidoe
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Member: #2739
Posts: 126 (0.03 per day)
Benkei stumbles back, rage shouting in his ear Ben looks to the nearest fleeing man. Face twisted in a toothy grin from ear to ear Ben begins to step forward, moving in for the kill. no stop. A small voice from his head halts him. KILL THEM NOW, THE BOY, KILL THE BOY. Rage tares at the corners of his mind like a rabid dog in a cage. no i must keep my oath. The small voice pulls him back. Quikly he becomes aware of a calming light coming from behind him. KILL THE RESPLENDENT SUN. Rage yells unignorably and unable to stop himself from acting Benkei turns to face the boy behind him. Instantly he is calmed. A circle glows in the center of the childs forehead. Rather the be scared of the anithema however, Benkei is calmed by its presence. For the first time in a long time the voice shrinks away as if afraid.


“W...what are you,” Benkei stammers in aw.

Last edited by Phidoe; 27th of September, 2007 at 13:05. Reason: i speak in a differnet color
  #14  
Unread 22nd of September, 2007, 04:49
youareanoobnoob's Avatar
youareanoobnoob
Zombie [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2774
Posts: 92 (0.02 per day)
Egam now knew why Ryoshen had had that glow to him earlier: he was one of the Anathema. He had tales of them, that they were cursed, dread beings, who destroyed cities in their wake. They were as bad as those undead armies that roamed the lands to the east. But could this boy, so calm and collected, be a monster?

And who were these two boys. One had not done much in this quick fight, but the other attacked madly at the leader. Who was this boy? Was he from the wild, without parents, or was there something much more wrong with him?
  #15  
Unread 27th of September, 2007, 12:38
CouchpotatoGOD's Avatar
CouchpotatoGOD
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Member: #832
Posts: 108 (0.02 per day)
Dust was elated, his game just kept getting better and better. Now there were two, two boys that beat the guards. Also the second boy seemed even better then the first. A sudden realization struck him.

Could the second boy be "the shining one"?

He did have a strange glow on his forehead. Ill just have to sick around and find out. Dust grinned at the thought and his new objective. His new game seemed to have endless possibilities.

Last edited by Erendiox; 27th of September, 2007 at 12:41.
  #16  
Unread 27th of September, 2007, 13:28
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Katsua is stunned, the very blood drained from his face. Part of him wanted to run up to Ryoshen, embrace him as a hero and a brother. Another part wanted to flee from sheer terror.

Who's to say he isn't possessed... He might be after us now...

The boy is torn, not backing away but not moving forward either. From childhood he has heard stories about the golden brand being an evil symbol. The notion of Anathema wouldn't leave him, not even with the symbol being on Ryoshen's forehead.

"R... Ryo... shen?" He manages to stammer.

Sasha stands back, smiling contently. She is calm, her composition unwavering, but on the inside she's awed by the presence of such a power. She turns casually to Katusa and Benkei, trying to ease the situation some.

"Don't worry yourselves. He's a friend of mine." She says with a continuing grin.
  #17  
Unread 29th of September, 2007, 03:48
fhgwdads05's Avatar
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2775
Location: ranchesta
Posts: 472 (0.11 per day)
This is not good....

Ryoshen could feel the brilliant Essence leaking out of the fiery brand on his forehead. It was a new, strange sensation, one that he had overlooked during the moments in which he had first gained these powers. While he could feel the display begin to die down, it would be quite some time before it was completely gone. Ryoshen knew that he could not simply move about openly in this state without drawing the attention of those who wished to end his life. The reactions of those around him was more than enough of a sign. Ignoring the incomprehensible babbling of the large boy in front of him, he turned first to the troubled younger boy and addressed him in a calm but firm tone.

"Katsua. Think of me what you will, but know that the Immaculate Dogs have always been wrong. On my life, I promise to get you back to Sifu. But there's something I need to do first..."


With that, Ryoshen looked over his shoulder to Egam, his voice unchanging.

"Egam, the same goes for you. I have seen and experienced the brutality of the Jade Dogs, along with Katsua. They are as terrible as the Anathema depicted in the hateful sermons of their demagogues. Conformity or death are the two options given to all people those wretched beasts gaze down upon."

Ryoshen knelt down, grasping hold of the unconscious thug that lay before him. As he dragged the body over to a nearby building, he continued to address the individuals around him.

"Sasha, are you alright? And who is this Benkei?"

As he lay the thug against the sandstone foundation, the Onmyouji Prayer Beads wrapped around Ryoshen's wrist slid about slightly. Ryoshen instantly felt a chilling sensation. There was something very close. Something inimical to the very nature of Creation. While its power seemed deceptively faint, Ryoshen innately knew that it was within the immediate vicinity. Not wishing to raise the concern of those around him any more, he buried his growing suspicions in a corner of his mind. Though, even as Ryoshen continued, the thought of the presence of this dark being would not leave fully leave the forefront of his consciousness.

"We need to keep moving. The rest of you are welcome to follow for the time being."

Glancing up to his slowly-dying Caste mark, Ryoshen turned to Sasha.

"Sasha, this mark won't be going away any time soon, but we can't let that stop us. Do you have something I can cover it with?"

Last edited by fhgwdads05; 29th of September, 2007 at 03:59.
  #18  
Unread 30th of September, 2007, 00:51
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Katusa nods, put slightly at ease to hear the words of a perfectly sane Ryoshen. "Then... I'll come with you... to watch your back you know?". Katusa manages a smile. He then turns and speaks to Benkei. "His name is Ryoshen. We can trust him but... I'm not sure about this magic." He says, glancing again at the caste mark uneasily. "Things might get dangerous. You're still welcome to come along if you want."

Sasha walks up to Benkei, speaking to Ryoshen without taking her eyes off the large boy. "An old man passed through the city not long ago. He would sit with me on the steps of the temple, playing music and singing. He told me of his home to the west, of his adventures, and of his grandson Benkei. After a few days he was gone. He told me he was on his way to the city of glass, that he had important business there, but he wouldn't say what. That was 2 weeks ago I think." Sasha then turns to Katusa with a smile. "Katsua right? You know the sea language. Could you tell him what I just said?"

Katsua nods and repeats it to Benkei. Pulling out a small cloth sash from a pocket, Sasha hands it to Ryoshen. "This should help I think."
  #19  
Unread 30th of September, 2007, 07:19
Phidoe's Avatar
Phidoe
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Member: #2739
Posts: 126 (0.03 per day)
Benkei looks on uneasily as the smaller boy talks. Though he had heard people his parents had traded with talk in a similar way he had never been able to pick up anything like he had with riverspeak. Though Katsua seemed to understand the speech quite well. Turning slightly Ben looks inquiringly at Katsua.


"His name is Ryoshen. We can trust him but... I'm not sure about this magic. Things might get dangerous. You're still welcome to come along if you want.


Ben nods, This Ryoshen may hold the solution to my... pausing, Ben quickly thinks of a word other then demons."... problem. I promise to keep you safe from whatever magic that kid has until you decide to leave him.


At that point the girl begins talking to him, or at least he thinks she is talking to him he can't understand a word she's saying. Katsua seems to get this and translate for him. Excitement fills Ben as he hears about his grandfather. Questions fill his head, how did he escape from the men, why had he not returned home, what was in the city of glass. Beginning to move away to run to the city of glass, Benkei stops himself, remembering his promise to Katsua and silently cursing himself for it. No matter how important something else seemed, keeping a promise was greater.


So where are we going now? he asks Katsua.

Last edited by Erendiox; 30th of September, 2007 at 07:52.
  #20  
Unread 3rd of October, 2007, 12:15
youareanoobnoob's Avatar
youareanoobnoob
Zombie [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2774
Posts: 92 (0.02 per day)
Egam looked down, and slowly brought his hat to chest level, holding it out slightly to look at it. He curved in towards the hat slightly, and looked like he was focusing on the hat for some reason. This was Egam's nervous twitch; what he did when he was anxious. He looked at the hat, thinking about the situation he was in. Egam stared some more at his hat, finding solace in it. It reminded him of his family, a warm and familar feeling. And of the noble and how Egam missed him.

Why had fate brought him such odd luck? Or for that matter, was this fate not lucky, but working against him somehow? He didn't understand what he was getting into, but knew it was something bigger then him. He didn't know if he should be afraid or excited. Confusion and anxiety created a miasma of doubt in his mind, making him uneasy.

What had Ryoshen been talking about? He knew what it was like to be the Dragonblooded's tool, and understood his distrust. But, why so hateful of them? What had happened to him, and what did this have to do with him? Was it just a happenstance that he saw Ryoshen, or was it planned somehow?

What of the boy who seemed separated from the rest? Why was he standing there, watching?

And who was the weird, violent boy? Benkai was his name, but besides that, Egam knew nothing about him.

Egam was tired of this confusion. He wanted answers. His shyness still hindered him, but moved towards the two who had been speaking Seatongue.

"Excuse me, my name is Egam. And um...who are you two?" He may have been somewhat blunt with his question, and shyly backed up.

Last edited by Erendiox; 3rd of October, 2007 at 12:23.
  #21  
Unread 3rd of October, 2007, 22:40
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
"I'm going with Ryoshen for now. Something tells me he'll need my help." Says Katusa to Benkei, perhaps a bit too childishly. Upon Egam's approach, Katsua meets eyes with the boy in the red hat. "Hi, I'm Katsua. This is my friend Benkei and this is... well this is Dust." he says as he motions toward the quiet, shady character. "We've come from the mountains in the east."

Katsua spends a moment thinking, sizing Egam up before he says more. "Dragonblooded attacked us, and they're probably on their way here too. Be careful. I'd never trust one."
  #22  
Unread 4th of October, 2007, 09:17
Phidoe's Avatar
Phidoe
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Member: #2739
Posts: 126 (0.03 per day)
Benkei nods in agreement with Katsua
  #23  
Unread 7th of October, 2007, 14:10
fhgwdads05's Avatar
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2775
Location: ranchesta
Posts: 472 (0.11 per day)
"Thanks," Ryoshen replied.

Folding the sash over several times, Ryoshen tied the thick band over his glowing brand. While a small amount of light still leaked out, he knew that in minutes it would become very difficult to notice, and that was all he needed. Wasting no time, he turned to the group.

"Alright. We need to get moving now. Katsua, your friends are welcome to join us for the time being, if they'd like to do so."

"Egam, if you would, lead the way."
  #24  
Unread 8th of October, 2007, 13:56
Erendiox's Avatar
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #672
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 837 (0.16 per day)
Egam continues leading forward into the industrial district. You look like an interesting bunch, you six. Three temple initiates, a large boy from the deep west, a bookworm from the silver district and an assassin child from the eastern mountains. It's unusual for children to be together in groups like this but you stick to the less populated areas and manage to avoid any unnecessary attention.

The architecture of the area quickly turns from soft stone and wood to brick and iron. The air quickly becomes thick and smelling of fire and ash. Men and women covered in soot and sweat pass you by, giving you looks. All around you are assortments of crafts, pounding away at their creations through a haze of smoke and heat. Mostly what you see is a large array of glassworkers and metalworkers. You see very few weapons or armors being produced. Jewelry, trinkets, and all assortments of fancy furnishings is what seems to be in demand. Raging hot kilns shape fine colored glass and hot ovens melt down precious metals to be shaped.

Amidst this bustle, you see a gathering of people round a small shop. Something is going on. You can hear shouting as you approach. Somebody is being mighty boisterous, creating a fuss and egging on some other person, though you can't quite see. Suddenly there's a flash of light and the crowd backs away, shielding their eyes. A sound like the screech of a thousand thorns against metal is met with a resonating boom that knocks the hat clear off Egam's head. With the crowd parted, you can see the scene. Two men stand frozen in position in the center. One has great masses of thorns growing from his outstretched hand. The other has a blade tangled with thorns and an outstretched fist nested comfortably where the other man's organs should probably be. A gurgle can be heard from the first man, then he collapses amiss a struggle to breathe. The other wipes the greenery off his blade and sheathes it, signaling toward three guardsmen. They immediately grab the bested man and drag him off.

The crowd disperses with a collective relief, several of them moving to thank the other combatant. He seems to act with a sort of professional modesty. Wearing lamellar armor and long brown hair wrapped up traditionally, he looks and acts the part of a captain. In his left hand is a white smashfist, contrasting the other neutral colors he wears. It seems you may have found your man.

  #25  
Unread 16th of October, 2007, 11:13
Phidoe's Avatar
Phidoe
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Member: #2739
Posts: 126 (0.03 per day)
The boy with the strange hat leads deep into the city. The architecture of the area quickly turns from soft stone and wood to brick and iron. The air quickly becomes thick and smelling of fire and ash. Men and women covered in soot and sweat pass you by, giving you looks. All around you are assortments of crafts, pounding away at their creations through a haze of smoke and heat.

What catches Ben's eye the most though isn't the architecture or the people but the large array of glassworkers and metalworkers. Jewelry, trinkets, and all assortments of fancy thingamajigs is what brings a glisten to his young eyes. Raging hot kilns shape fine colored glass and hot ovens melt down precious metals to be shaped. Ben watches with intrest as and old women braids copper wire around a terquise stone. Memories of his apprenticeship fill his head as he walks.

Suddenly a cacophony breakes out and a flash fills the air. As people quickly back away Ben moves closer to Katsua.
__________________
When choosing the lesser of two evils remember your still choosing evil.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 20:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren