Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Erendiox's Games > Blooming Dawn

Unread 20th of June, 2007, 05:33
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

Member: #672
Haha! Getting ambitious I see.

Well if you're up for taking up the reins of being a storyteller, i'd love to be a player for once. I don't know how much interest you're going to get in person at Purchase, but you never know. Personally, i'd stick to PbP, but that's just my style. You also need to have an pretty unerring knowledge of the rules to do pen and paper smoothly.
Unread 20th of June, 2007, 07:29
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

Member: #2775
I was probably gonna do PbP, seeing as in person while more preferable, imo, is harder on everyone's schedules. As for an unerring knowledge of the rules, thats coming along quite nicely thanks to the Corebook, lots of forum reading and Combat 201 . Also, I found a nifty Storyteller's reference sheet (Its like 4 pages jam packed of stuff) that should work well.

However, I do have in mind a possible single-session game to test my skills thus so far. Something so small wouldn't warrant a whole forum, so it should be done in person. Maybe if there's a time you are up from Poughkeepsie, along with some other people, maybe Dustin too, we can all get together and do this.
erendiox (12:14:36 AM): utter chaos is what feeds my insatiable hunger
Unread 20th of June, 2007, 10:53
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

Red, I can't continue on in your thread until I know what Dust is going to do. Do you want him to reveal himself to the soldiers? If not, do you want to follow Benkei? etc etc. Let me know.
Unread 20th of June, 2007, 11:50
Phidoe
Ghoul

Member: #2739
wait if we go at the same time does that mean i havn't dashed yet, and if so shouldn't I not have -2 dv for the dash action, not that it matters chances are im not going to burn through my wp anytime soon, just wondering
Unread 20th of June, 2007, 12:36
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

Gary, you are very right.
As Exalted Combat 201 states:
"Since DV refreshes at the beginning of the tick, and DV penalties for actions apply at the end of the tick, you will also be able to apply your full DV against any attacks against you during the tick."
Unread 20th of June, 2007, 12:38
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

Yes, that's right. The penalty happens at the very end of the tick. Either way, it doesn't matter. I don't think they'll be catching up with you. Depends on Red's course of action.

Edit: wait, I finally caught on to what you guys were talking about. Technically yes, the penalty for your dash action shouldn't apply until the end of this tick, but since your last action was a dash, it's really just a continuation of your previous dash. Unlike attacks which are instantaneous actions, dashing is continuous. Dashing is a wierd action. It only makes sense to me that you're going to have that -2 penalty as long as you're still dashing, on every tick until you revert back to normal movement.

Last edited by Erendiox; 20th of June, 2007 at 12:48.
Unread 20th of June, 2007, 14:46
Phidoe
Ghoul

werd now if only red would post at 2 am and cure my bordem
Unread 21st of June, 2007, 01:44
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

Just making sure:

Poe isn't the guy who came to the Shrine of Gyoja a week before it was attacked, right?
Unread 21st of June, 2007, 04:04
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

Nope, I wouldn't mentioned something if that was the case. Nice try tho.
Unread 22nd of June, 2007, 12:14
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

Activity isn't seeming to be improving on an overall scale...

Just my observations.
Unread 22nd of June, 2007, 14:01
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

How much more were you expecting it to improve Dave? I've been posting every day or two. Chris and gary are being prompt as well. The only one lagging behind is Red, and... well Red will be Red. Honestly, how much more were you expecting?
Unread 23rd of June, 2007, 05:29
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

"So the setting is about fundamentally nice people like the Scarlet Empress (who sacrificed her own daughter to the Sword of Creation)? Or Chejop Kejak (who murdered the Solars and ruthlessly manipulates everyone he meets)? Or Tamuz (who is a raging misogynist)? Or the Bull of the North (who slays every non-Icewalker-born Dragon-Blood he finds)?

Or was it perhaps the Unconquered Sun (who let Creation burn while he played Halo)? Or Autochthon (who has survived for the last 4000 years by sucking on the Radiant Amphora of human souls like a giant lollipop)? Or maybe you're referring to the Mask of Winters, or the Cult of the Illuminated?"
Unread 27th of June, 2007, 05:37
Eternal
Wight

Member: #745
Dust? That's an excellent name!
Unread 27th of June, 2007, 06:24
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

Haha, I thought you might like that name

By the way, Dave, I completely forgot to factor in his appearance in that last investigation attack he made, so you're off the hook for that one, but I did so in his latest action. Technically, him succeeding in that roll means he's read your motivation, but I don't like the way the rules let you just delve into you people so easily, so i'm going to gear it up like this. 1 success gets you an intimacy, 2 gets you a dominant virtue (3+), 3 gets you the motivation. Since he's beaten you by 1, he gets to know one of your intimacies, and only one that's relevant to the current situation. I'm going to also be pretty tough on anyone trying to read straight into someone's motivation/virtues/intimacies without being in a relevant setting for those qualities to come out, or at the very least, spending significant time in conversation.

With this topic on the table, nows a good time for you guys to be spelling out your motivations and intimacies if you haven't already. You have a number of initmacies equal to your compassion, and you can gain them through play.
Unread 27th of June, 2007, 07:55
youareanoobnoob
Zombie [GM]

Member: #2774
my afkness

hey noobs, sorry i've been gone for a while, i had an unexpected trip w/ my dad, but i'm back. i'll get to reading up on the forum about what dave's been doing. can i post what my next action is?
Unread 27th of June, 2007, 08:04
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

unfortunately we're kind of in the middle of social combat
i'd guess it'd be probably best to hold off until it ends, but ask dan to make sure
Unread 27th of June, 2007, 14:29
Eternal
Wight

i think i can probably join up

actually
Unread 27th of June, 2007, 15:16
Erendiox
Bodak [GM]

Chris, Dave is in the midst of social combat, but you can go ahead and respond to that last bit I wrote for you if you like.

Dustin, you surprise me. I haven't seen you online in months, and you suddenly want in

Well the problem is, technically this game is full. We were going for the reborn solar circle idea, and the circle is full (5 people). I'd love to pull the strings for you, but I can't think of much off the top of my head. Perhaps that's because it's 2 in the morning. I don't know. Maybe a solo lunar act would work out? Maybe a sort of father figure for the group? as in, not a child, but a fully grown lunar? Tell me what you guys think.

Also Dustin, I warn you now. This game is geared to be fast paced... at least, that's the goal. Make sure you can commit time to it, or Dave will eat you.
Unread 28th of June, 2007, 03:48
Phidoe
Ghoul

I say we let him in, and also dustin anytime after your birthday is fine to meet up, i don't think i ever got a hold of you.
Unread 28th of June, 2007, 03:52
Phidoe
Ghoul

and for the love of all that is holy hurry up and post red, im bored
Unread 28th of June, 2007, 10:07
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

*grumble* *growl* HUNGRY *grumble*
Unread 28th of June, 2007, 10:10
fhgwdads05
Vampire Spawn [GM]

Dustin don't you have Master's? Or are you officially resigning from that game?

If so, I'm ok with it, providing you try your best to match our preferred pace.

Now, as a fully-grown Lunar father-figure type it would offset the party balance in some ways. How bout playing a younger Lunar with whom we potentially come in conflict, or maybe we save his neck when he is in dire straits. Another possibility would be a young Sidereal, sent out on one of those Creation posts in the middle of nowhere that no one wants (he could be Gold Faction?). We meet up with him in some strange twist of fate, maybe he's revealed himself to us, maybe not. Lots of possibilities. Only problem with him playing anything other than a Dragonblood (which definitely shouldn't happen, for balance reasons) or a Solar is that he doesn't have access to the books, and neither do any of us, possibly save for Red. He could get them though, through Amazon you can find any Exalted book used or like new for easily $10 less, if not half of the retail cost.

The only other thing would be when he should come into the story, the problem being he wouldn't realistically be able to join us until later on after/when we've Exalted, cause it wouldn't make sense story-wise to have him here any time beforehand. That is, unless he was a Solar, but I personally do not want to lose the Perfect Circle-ness if at all possible.

Last edited by fhgwdads05; 28th of June, 2007 at 10:20.
Unread 28th of June, 2007, 11:52
Phidoe
Ghoul

or be like a kick ass demon vampire dragon fairy hybrid with laser eye heat vision that would so rock
Unread 28th of June, 2007, 12:42
Eternal
Wight

shit i pressed back and erased everything i just wrote. oh well.

anyway to cut to the chase, i won't be upset if i don't get it, but i'd be glad to join

my character idea so far would be an unexalted lunar-to-be girl built off of the concept for ayame whose character concept didn't necessarily work out in red's freeform i think. i can of course change things if necessary, but i'll leave all discretion to dan~
Unread 28th of June, 2007, 13:00
Eternal
Wight

so why aren't you guys rolling the website's dice?

4 9 7 7 10 4 1 8 10 5