Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Lando The Archmagi's Games > Conan: The Throne of Blood

Reply
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 11th of July, 2006, 02:22
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
Chapter 5A: Shadizar-Temple District

Sekmet leaves early from the inn in the caravan district and begins trying to make his way north into Shadizar heading to the vast Temple district.

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 11th of July, 2006 at 02:34.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 12th of July, 2006, 01:01
slaughterj
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1076
Posts: 500 (0.10 per day)
Sekmet will seek out a location where scholars may be gathered, figuring there should be an area with some libraries, temples, scholarly taverns, public speaking squares, etc., where some scholarly types should be present for him to interact with casually.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 13th of July, 2006, 02:40
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
Even before most of the patrons awaken in the tavern you're off out of your bed, packed and walking the early morning streets of Shadizar.

From rumors, stories and hearsay the city is everything you've come to expect, it is a city of wickedness. You're approached by no more than two dozen prostitutes and other "merchants" offering everything from entertainment to food/drink/lotus etc.

You slowly wind your way through the streets with some directions towards the vast bustling Temple district.

Here there are temples to every god in Hyboria including the Spider god of Zamoria which has one of the largest temples.

There are some libraries and various stores selling "scholarly" wares, but not much "open" gathering of scholars that you can see. Several profess to being "witches" "wizards" and the like as you mingle and talk to them, most don't seem bothered by you being a Stygian in the Zamorian heartland.

[ooc: anything you attempting to do in particular?]
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 13th of July, 2006, 23:00
slaughterj
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1076
Posts: 500 (0.10 per day)
Figuring some of these witches or wizards are mere charlatans, yet likely still have information, Sekmet will stop to converse with some of them, starting out very casual, "Greetings, I have recently arrived, and seek information on the happenings locally..." (By happenings, Sekmet appears to indicate things of a more scholarly/magical bent, rather than general Shadizar events.)

[OOC: Not sure what might be most applicable throughout the coversations, but here's some skill bonuses: Bluff +7, Diplomacy +3, Sense Motive +6]
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 14th of July, 2006, 03:45
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
Sekmet gets a mixed reaction as he begins to mingle along the busy streets of the Temple District. He talks to some robed priests headed for one of the nearby temples and gets looked at like he's some kind of pond scum. He moves out of their way and begins talking to the street urchins and vendors, finding that Indeed some of them are charlatans of various sorts. While others eye him suspiciously as he tries to talk to them.

A few talk to him telling him about some dark cults growing in Shadizar's underground. One is a cult to Bel and another is to the god Nergal..

There are many real "wizards" in the city, one known as "Thaltos" is trying to become the new advisor to the king. Some direct him to visit the king's infamous library if he can get an audience with the king of Zamoria....or seek out Thaltos himself. He's said to have a tower..

Several of them wish for him to part with some coin for this information or perhaps buy some lotus or something from them.

[Bluff: 2+3 = 5, failed, Diplomacy: 17+3=20, Sense Motive: 18+6=24]

Last edited by Lando The Archmagi; 14th of July, 2006 at 03:50.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 14th of July, 2006, 07:22
slaughterj
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1076
Posts: 500 (0.10 per day)
Sekmet will part with some coin to those interested that are the ones who mention Nergal's cult or Thaltos for further information, what they have been up to, what the cult's status is (hunted, accepted, etc.), etc.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 15th of July, 2006, 03:02
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
Originally Posted by slaughterj Sekmet will part with some coin to those interested that are the ones who mention Nergal's cult or Thaltos for further information, what they have been up to, what the cult's status is (hunted, accepted, etc.), etc.
The old wizened man with the lotus for sale packs up his things and pulls you over into a dark alleyway...

"I don't know anything, but I've heard that the Cult of Nergal, who have been growing over the years, has secretly established a “safe house” in the south-western part of the city. It is located in an old building called “The Black Blade Inn. They are growing in strength and the King of Zamoria has offered a reward for their destruction/capture."

Another individual who pulls you into another dark alleyway says, "This Thaltos is a mysterious man, know one knows if he's some foreigner or local, he wears a mask over his face and ornate robes with mystical symbols upon it, he's been seen with a small following including a beautiful slave girl he might've gotten here. He came here a year or so ago, he's rumored ot be very powerful and lives in a tower to the end of the temple district, he's been inquiring for sell swords and the like to do some task for him."

[occ: costs you 10 silver for this information]
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 15th of July, 2006, 04:24
slaughterj
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1076
Posts: 500 (0.10 per day)
Sekmet quietly exchanges the silver and a nod for the information, and will return to the tavern to meet the others. Should they have departed, he will make his way to the location for Thaltos' hiring (The Black Blade, right?).

[OOC: Though I'll be out of town (and Darius too apparently), I'll check in a time or two if the opportunity permits.]
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 16th of July, 2006, 09:01
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
Originally Posted by slaughterj Sekmet quietly exchanges the silver and a nod for the information, and will return to the tavern to meet the others. Should they have departed, he will make his way to the location for Thaltos' hiring (The Black Blade, right?).

[OOC: Though I'll be out of town (and Darius too apparently), I'll check in a time or two if the opportunity permits.]
They eagerly take your silver and watch as you leave and return to the tavern.

You return to the tavern and see your companions have gone a short while ago. Do you try to catch up?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 27th of July, 2006, 03:33
slaughterj
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1076
Posts: 500 (0.10 per day)
Sekmet will try to catch up.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 17th of August, 2006, 09:09
Lando The Archmagi's Avatar
Lando The Archmagi
Death Knight [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member: #682
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 4,868 (0.94 per day)
Originally Posted by slaughterj Sekmet will try to catch up.
You take the knowledged gleaned and begin trying to follow the footsteps of your friends, after inquiring a bit, some Zamorian citizens and visitors who witnessed the moltey crew direct you to the maul.


ooc: Sorry about leaving you hanging, You catch upto the party in the current thread.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 19th of August, 2006, 00:53
slaughterj
Spawn of Kyuss

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1076
Posts: 500 (0.10 per day)
No problem, I didn't want to assume though
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 12:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren