Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Akuma's Games > The Mysteries of Mura-Cho, Japan

Unread 30th of December, 2010, 03:20
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

Member: #8278
Getting Away From It ALL

Finally, the group has some time to rest and figure things out. Flagstand Arizona is a mess and likely no one will want to go back there anytime soon. But where can the group go to lay low from Iteration X? And is there anyway to possibly strike back?
Unread 30th of December, 2010, 03:33
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

Pope gathers his thoughts in meditation. things have gone so far out of control, its hard to make heads or tails of whats going on.

The original goal of helping all those awakened beings caught by Iteration X still burns in Nevermore's heart, stoking the sense of frustration at not being able to save more than one person... and even that person is a mystery.

Now, they have a place to rest, but no direction of where to go. Sylvester wanted them to go to Japan, but can Sylvester be trusted? Nevermore's never had reason to suspect him of duplicity in the past. Complaints, yes, backstabbing? no. But if Iteration could find out about the plans to go to Japan, maybe that wouldn't be safe either.

What's needed is some more research. some way to check out possible destinations without attracting attention. Perhaps through the laptop they found among the UPS possesions. If he could log on somewhere, it would be through a random person's id, and not traceable. then he could bring up some maps of places to hide or get help.

As Nevermore meditates, he reaches into his pocket for his smokes, and his hand brushes against the envelope corresponded into his pocket by Sylvester just before the mage disappeared and the place blew up.

taking it out and looking at it, the inside has an Id for a Jack Chang, but no picture. It looks like all you need is a passport photo and you can forge your id easily. There's also a scrawled note on a post-it that says "Bad Timing. Was gonna blow the baddies with EMP, but you showed. Now,I'm out of here. don't miss your flights. LAX 4pm (next day's date). Wish I was going, not U. -S
Unread 1st of January, 2011, 12:55
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

Member: #1109
Waking from his meditation, a refreshed (yet still banged up) Nevermore stretches. Placing the note from Sylvester back in his jacket pocket with a smile, his hand finds the lighter he was looking for.

Inhaling deeply on his smoke, he gets up a makes his way over to the laptop in the table. Lifting the lid he presses the button to power it up, a blue light appears and logos begin to swish on the screen as the machine comes to like.

Clanging his bracelets together, he searches to see if his luck is still holding out.

OOC: This is a stretch, but I am looking for a little umbral wi-fi. I figure the VA's use the internet all the time, and some of that has to leak into the umbra where we are (at least I think that is where we are). If I can use my forces to boost the signal I would like to get on to the internet from here. If that is not possible then I just pass my time going through the files on the computer and seeing what is there.

Ahab, Moby Dick
Unread 2nd of January, 2011, 01:03
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

The laptop starts up. it has a touch screen as well. Instead of the normal Windows or Mac opening scenes, it appears to be independently programmed... more like Linux. The first window to come up is the security window. there is a picture of the moon and arrows that can be used to change the current phase of the moon. Below that are two boxes that can be drawn in.

Nevermore has been around enough werewolves to recognize this as something for a werewolf. Match the phase of the moon for the auspice, and draw the symbol for the correct tribe and breed.

Below the boxes is a single line that says "Forgot your password?" When clicked, it shows a simple message:

"Boy! I don't mean to Bash you or anything just because your new at this, but if you forgot your own password, then you might as well jump through the nearest glass window, cause I won't help you!"

So, Nevermore can successfully use his intellect to decipher that the password is New Moon or Ragabash, the tribe is glasswalker, and the breed is Homid.

Should Nevermore not remember what the werewolf symbols are for those three are, either Adam or Luo could do it in their sleep.

Once input, the computer will show the desktop with a bunch of files and a document to someone named Tom.
Unread 2nd of January, 2011, 01:55
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

The letter to 'Tom' is as follows:

"Dear Tom,

You apparently nailed it! or rather your late friend, Soltana Strikes-the-Air, did. I can't believe no one else has realized this before, but its true from what I could find in my research: Japan seems completely independent of the North American/European arms of the Weaver organizations. MIB and ITERATION X in Japan have no connection to the files on those wanted by N.American versions of the same. That's why Soltana was able to walk around in broad daylight in the middle of Tokyo without being targeted by MIBs or Terminators. Too bad he decided to push the boundaries of their lack of knowledge by attacking one of their installations, but he did a service to the Wyld, and one day we'll remember his spirit.

And I REALLY want to know more about this Mura-place he stumbled into. I'm skeptical about his assertion that one of the lost tribes is located there, but my sources in Tokyo seem to think that there was an old caern there at some point. I asked them to investigate further, but apparently, they couldn't find it. He said that only those who are invited will get in. And that sounds like a caern to me.

I've sent you the files my contacts sent me. Good luck with your efforts to get into the JET Program. I don't know where you'll end up, but hopefully, while you are there, you can find this Mura-cho place and take some decent photos for me.

Find out if it really is a caern of the lost ones, or not. If it is, Please get them to help our side against the Wyrm and the Weaver! and if nothing else, you should be able to lay low if you play your cards right.

Your friend

Gabriel Wirecutter
Unread 2nd of January, 2011, 18:04
lawwnum
Crimson Death

Member: #8286
OOC: I am going to assume we all lived thru the night and it is now morning .. .relatively.

IC: As Nevermore is hacking his way into the computer Flynn comes walking back into the room, stretching and stifling a yawn.
"So anything interesting on there?"
And he leans in to read over Nevermore's shoulder.

"Hmmmmm what are the odds of that i wonder? We stumble onto a laptop describing an interesting phenonmenon in the very place we were supposed to go. .....Either its fated we go there or a very elaborate trap.."
Unread 3rd of January, 2011, 01:21
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

OOC: And who is Bunny after all? Oh yeah, the spirit of good luck and longshots. How else could a college jock dodge a hail of bullets firing through a bus he was standing in. And so on... So what are the odds? well, that's what she manipulates, so ask her.

IC: Bunny looks from Nevermore (who appears deep in thought about the information) to Flynn. "Is it helpful? I thought it might be when everyone was looking for things to take with them. Do you know this place the computer mentions?
Unread 3rd of January, 2011, 17:18
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

Nevermore chuckles. "Well Flynn, looks like Sylvester was on to something. Japan should be a great place for us to hide out while we look into this stuff that is going on in Flagstand."

Ahab, Moby Dick
Unread 4th of January, 2011, 03:31
Spoogie
Wraith

Member: #8299
The letter to 'Tom' is as follows:

"Dear Tom,

You apparently nailed it! or rather your late friend, Soltana Strikes-the-Air, did. I can't believe no one else has realized this before, but its true from what I could find in my research: Japan seems completely independent of the North American/European arms of the Weaver organizations. MIB and ITERATION X in Japan have no connection to the files on those wanted by N.American versions of the same. That's why Soltana was able to walk around in broad daylight in the middle of Tokyo without being targeted by MIBs or Terminators. Too bad he decided to push the boundaries of their lack of knowledge by attacking one of their installations, but he did a service to the Wyld, and one day we'll remember his spirit.

And I REALLY want to know more about this Mura-place he stumbled into. I'm skeptical about his assertion that one of the lost tribes is located there, but my sources in Tokyo seem to think that there was an old caern there at some point. I asked them to investigate further, but apparently, they couldn't find it. He said that only those who are invited will get in. And that sounds like a caern to me.

I've sent you the files my contacts sent me. Good luck with your efforts to get into the JET Program. I don't know where you'll end up, but hopefully, while you are there, you can find this Mura-cho place and take some decent photos for me.

Find out if it really is a caern of the lost ones, or not. If it is, Please get them to help our side against the Wyrm and the Weaver! and if nothing else, you should be able to lay low if you play your cards right.

Your friend
Gabriel Wirecutter
OOC: With Adam's lore knowledge, any bells ringing about the two names in the Akashic (sp) record?
IC: It looks like his plan was pretty sound but unfortunately we don't know any of the details. Even if we had some sort of contact to help get us organized.

Last edited by Spoogie; 4th of January, 2011 at 10:47.
Unread 4th of January, 2011, 16:39
lawwnum
Crimson Death

IC: "Well Japan keeps looking better and better. itsjust too bad we dont know where or when Sylvester had us booked to go there...but I suppose we can still find our way there on our own if need be."

OOC: I want to unload the 2 pistol magazines I got before and reload the MPK mags while we figure things out.
Unread 4th of January, 2011, 17:24
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

Originally Posted by lawwnum # IC: "Well Japan keeps looking better and better. itsjust too bad we dont know where or when Sylvester had us booked to go there...but I suppose we can still find our way there on our own if need be."

OOC: I thought we had all that planned in the way back. Didn't we have stuff made for us with our new super secret id's and a cover story of us going to work as some kind of English teachers? I figured we even had plane tickets and all that jazz as well.

Ahab, Moby Dick
Unread 5th of January, 2011, 01:40
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

OOC: To Spoogie: The names of Wirecutter and Strikes-the-Air came up in some moot a while ago. Wirecutter is a glasswalker, and Strikes-the-air was a Bone Gnawer who raided the wrong kitchens once too often...

To GG: Ummm. Reloads from where? If my memory serves me correctly, the duffel bag with the ammo that Luo was carrying got left behind in the oldwest umbral town after the fights and flights. Or did I miss a post where someone got more?

My count is the first clip is near exhausted, and you switched to a fresh clip from the 2 clips that were stored under your left armpit in the same harness that holds the mp5k under your right armpit...

To Butch: Yes, in the very beginning, Sylvester provided confirmation numbers for airline flights and documents saying that Adam, Pope, and Flynn would be JET English teachers in Mura-Cho. It was his own escape route/vacation destination but he gave it over to you guys because he owed you. the 4th set is in the packet he put in your pocket, for Luo to be there for work-study. The airline tickets have the 3 original people together on the flight, and Luo's confirmation number puts him a few rows away.
Unread 5th of January, 2011, 05:24
qwerty123
Devourer [GM]

Nevermore gets up from his seat at the computer and moves over to Luo. Taking the ID out of his pocket he hands it to Luo. "Here ya go, Jack Chang. You are going to need this if you still want to hang with us. We just have to figure out how to get a picture of you on it."

Taking a final drag from his cigarette, Nevermore crushes it out in the ashtray on the nightstand.

"Way I see it, this might not be all that bad. Adam if your key will work in a lavatory door of an airplane we can leave all of our stuff right here in this room and be just a door away in case anything goes wonky on the flight."

Ahab, Moby Dick
Unread 5th of January, 2011, 10:55
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

If memory serves me correctly, bathroom doors on airplanes were slide type, not knob type. no good from what I heard before. HOWEVER, the cockpit door would be knob and lock type.
Unread 5th of January, 2011, 10:56
lawwnum
Crimson Death

OOC: Akuma asI recall when weblew out of Sylvester's building Ada raided the cops an gave me a 9mm and a spare clip. loaded with the same typeof ammo that the MPK uses. I want to empty THOSE clips an reload theMPK clips

IC: "AH yes there the paperwork. Hmmm well looks likewe got a few hrs to kill before we need to move out. But the way things ave been going we should try to get there much earlier."

Last edited by lawwnum; 5th of January, 2011 at 11:02.
Unread 6th of January, 2011, 01:50
Spoogie
Wraith

"The ANA flight leaves from Phoenix at 6:39am so get your butts there by 4am. Check one bag each and lay low... don't set off any metal detectors for goodness sake.

"Once you get there, I'll arrange for you to be met by someone from the organization, which is called ALT International."

"Once you get back from the mall, I'll have a number for you to call for your "packages", okay?"
OOC: Looks like the flight time and airport changed. Also looking back, before I started there was a name thing going and I missed it. Did Sylvester make an ID for Adam?

"Way I see it, this might not be all that bad. Adam if your key will work in a lavatory door of an airplane we can leave all of our stuff right here in this room and be just a door away in case anything goes wonky on the flight."
IC: Oh, heck no. I don't even want to think about a fight at 50 thousand feet.
Unread 6th of January, 2011, 02:06
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

OOC: To Lawwnum: Oops, I forgot about those two K.O.ed cops. okay, so out of 4 clips, 2 clips would be enough to refill one MP5K clip. nd you would still have a clip each for the pistols if you guys want to hold onto them.

To Spoogie. Let's figure that the original flight time was from Flagstand to LA, then there's a lay over for a few hours before the 11am departure from LA going directly to Tokyo-Narita airport. The layover time is for multiple small flights to arrive and all the people to gather at LAX before going on one flight.

So if Adam has a door in LAX, then you can bypass the Flafgstand departure time, and check in in LAX for the 11am flight.

KK?
Unread 6th of January, 2011, 04:10
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

Member: #894
"Thanks Pope, its just wonderful being a Jack Chang!"

There is a lot of discussions and Luo says,

"Could we just bring a door as part of our luggage?"
Unread 6th of January, 2011, 05:20
Spoogie
Wraith

No doors in the airport itself. Too much security to take that chance. Closest safe door that I have is about a mile south of the airport at the Library Park. There is a Gazebo with a basement level storage room.

As far as bringing a door with us, they're not going to let us take it as a carry-on. Overall it would just make us look too suspicious.

OOC: what time is it now?
Unread 7th of January, 2011, 01:54
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

When you left the world of the real... it was something like 5:30pm. Maybe close to 6pm the night before your flights.

But the realms of the umbra work on different time. in some places it could be faster, others slower. The sky of the umbra is always night, and shows all phases of the moon. So telling the time via watches, pc's is immaterial because the time of the umbral island that houses your hotel could run differently than the real world. and s on. Only by going back through a door will you know what time it is.
Unread 7th of January, 2011, 07:39
Spoogie
Wraith

So roughly how long have we been at the motel? By our time.
Unread 7th of January, 2011, 09:22
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

That depends on how long everyone wanted to crash. Pope meditated. Flynn slept, I don't know what Adam and Luo did, or where. were people going for cat-naps of 30 minutes, power naps of an hour or two, or full-night snoozes of 5 hours or so? No one posted that they wanted to sleep or meditate for a specific time, so that can be determined among yourselves.

After all that you've been through, I would go for at least a power-nap of a few hours as my first guess. but will allow you to discuss the finer points yourselves.
Unread 8th of January, 2011, 18:19
lawwnum
Crimson Death

well for my money, it was a HELL of a day an its prob not going to get any better tomorrow. So get what sleep you can when you can. I say a good 5 hrs.
Unread 9th of January, 2011, 01:30
Spoogie
Wraith

Adam will rest (I don't remember how gnosis is recovered) however long it takes to regain his strength, get clothing ready for the trip, pack his bag, and tidy up the room. After that, thinking about taking a short trip just to check the time and maybe food.
Unread 10th of January, 2011, 10:44
Akuma
Crimson Death [GM]

Okay, so Adam and Flynn will sleep 5 hours. should I assume the same for Pope and Luo?

Will someone set a timer or will you all just sleep until you feel rested... could be 10 hours then. Just want to know...