Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Chris Chandler's Games > Kuralia I (The Far Reaches)

Reply
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 15th of May, 2007, 00:07
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.47 per day)
Thread 5: Frost 5, 17th Year of Emperor Humbolt II

The last page in GITP:

“ Well, I assume we've already taken care of Maribella by now, actually. Anwen and her two, depends on the situation. It's just those 3 together right? No one else to care for them? We'll save them for last. Tiede, is where, with her parent(s)/guardian(s)?

I suggest while all that goes on Gunther and Zora will just take care of the 5 If Brit shows up to help before I head out, that's good, more hands is better especially if the situation warrents setting Anwen's family up in Theodrada's manor. But if Anwen's, or the Cross manor, or somewhere else is better to set up an ICU, then we might just as well up and move.
__________________
"Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence." -- Edgar Allan Poe

~~
Depending on which avvy I'm using:
Erin Avatar (aiming gun in chainmail) by Annex.
Veronica Avatar (goth chick psion) by Gorbash Kazdar.

05-11-2007, 12:08 PM #932
Chris_Chandler
Ogre in the Playground



Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Birmingham, AL
Gender: Re: Kuralia I - The Far Reaches (Thread 4)
Tiede is Bartel's son - he's an adolescent dwarf - about 32 (so... 13 or by a Theshian). He's by his lonesome, back at Bartel's home.

I agree - the Gunther/Zora/Brit combo would secure the kids before luncheon, and we can have Mariabella snoozing along with the other medicated souls. Wybert, who is not only awake but coherent, insists that he help Agatha with the bedridden, and though he stumbles about (clearly the blindness is a new development), he functions well enough under Agatha's supervision.

Theodrada's is really the best place for setting up the afflicted, and the sitting room is large enough to be a comfortable clinic.
__________________
"I can't help it if I'm the biggest and the strongest. I don't even excercise." Fezzik, The Princess Bride avvy by Peregrine
Last edited by Chris_Chandler : 05-11-2007 at 12:14 PM.

05-11-2007, 12:23 PM #933
Chris_Chandler
Ogre in the Playground



Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Birmingham, AL
Gender: Re: Kuralia I - The Far Reaches (Thread 4)
((Proxy for Dalcassius -))

Ozan Kirfah Sajid

OOC: One can assume that the following conversation flows more
naturally then I am posting it, but this was the most efficient way
for me to get the information across.


Quote:"How many people, roughly, live in Last
Breath?"

"Well after the last census Theodrada conducted I over
heard he speaking with Mother and she mentioned 100 souls accounted
for. I think about 20 were young children."

Quote:"How many are still with us now?"

"Not even a full two dozen. I'm almost positive we top out
at 22. 5 of those are the remaining children. Hmm. Odd, I don't recall
seeing or hearing anything about children dying. We'll have to double
check with Agatha about the 14 other children. We may have missed
something."

Quote:"How many households were there? And how many
now?"

"There are 10 currently being used from the original 32
that stood when we left."

Quote:"We seem to have enough food, but how much food is
that? Could it get
us through an entire year? Get the survivors, the people we have now
in Last Breath, through an entire year? I'm thinking that if we move
somewhere, how much food we have will matter a lot for how far we
could move."

"I'm not sure about a trek anywhere; I'd need some time to
work out the logistics of a long journey for such a large group.
However there is more than enough to get everyone safely to the end of
the winter. Especially with Zora and the huntsmen, we won't have to
worry about anyone going hungry."

Quote:"Is there a lot of livestock we need to deal with?
Did anyone have
really big herds of sheep, horses, cows, whatever? Do we still have
those herds?"

"My best guess is that most of the herds will have
scattered, but we should be able to get some cows and sheep from
Wyberts and I think Sascha took care of the Cross steeds so there's
some riding and draft horses. Also Lassi and Mother have more than
enough goats between the two of them."

Quote:"Are the walls of this place still intact? Can we
make them intact? How much effort would that take?"

"From what I've noticed briefly, the North and East
palisades are still standing and holding strong. It wouldn't take me
long to look them over and make sure they were still structurally
sounds. The palisade the town tried to build when we left wasn't
properly put up or even finished. We have the materials though, we
should be able to sure it up, maybe even finish it. The main concern
would be man power."

Quote:"Are ... is anyone posting guards at night? Did the
village itself have
guards on duty at night before this upheaval?"

"Leif, Lassi, Orvokki, Jacob, Brit, yourself and I are the
only ones left able bodied and concerned enough to stand guard. Leif
would never allow Zora to do it with her stature being so slight.
Hoylur most likely couldn't be coerced into standing guard even if we
convinced Leif to let him do it."

Quote:"Who's in charge? And I mean who's in charge of the
people who are
HERE. I know Sir Cross might be next in line of command or whatever,
but if he's not here, then he doesn't count right now."

"Hmmm, I think Lady Amelia was the next in line after
Theorada. I guess now it falls to Mother. Which may not be a bad idea.
She has gained much respect from the people of Last Breath,
non-Theshian or not."

Quote:"Is there any way to communicate with reinforcements
or allies of Last
Breath?"

"I'm not sure what we will do about communicating with the
outside world right now. We can't really send of a messenger on horse
back. Hoylur was able to use one of his spells to contact his lady
friend in Juren. Perhaps we can speak with him about using it to
contact someone else. I've also heard stories about enspelling animals
to courier letters. Perhaps Zora can enlighten us on this. Hmmm. I'm
glad you brought this up. I've written a letter to my Master at the
academy and I'd love to be able to get it to him. Thanks."

Quote:"What the heck was the deal with that bear? Was it just
tunneling to see if any of these houses would make a good den, or
what? Who sent it and are they willing to send any other critters? Or
was that Brand, turned into a bear? If so, can we get him back here to
be a guard or something?"

"I'm not entirely sure what that was about. It showed up
and, well, more or less knocked at the door. It and Zora spoke a bit,
it gave her a package containing the reagents for brewing more of the
cure, then Zora asked if anyone had any ideas about tasks to put the
bear to work at. I suggested it freed anyone else from their homes and
off it went digging. I'm starting to just take things like that in
stride. 'That's just Zora.' I keep telling myself."

Quote:"How long until primary snowmelt? I mean, how many
days from now until the snow is probably, on average, less than 1 foot
deep?"

"As close as I can figure it we are looking at 9 weeks,
give or take a few days, of thick snow. If I spoke with Zora we may be
able to figure out a more accurate date."

Quote:"How many people are outside the walls? Surviving, I
mean. Would it be possible to get them all inside without too much
overcrowding?"

"Leif and Lassi are out hunting, but they are the only
ones not within the square."

Quote:"Are there facilities inside the town walls for
keeping all the
community's animals, or would be hip-deep in crap inside a week if we
tried that?"

"We could attempt it. There's nothing we have right now to
pen the animals in, but it wouldn't be difficult to put something
together. Even easier than dealing with the walls. Heh, we may be able
to just put up two fences between a couple of adjacent buildings to
make the work easier and go quicker. I'll take a look around tomorrow
when I inspect the palisade to see if I can find a decent spot for an
animal pen."

Quote:"Have you or anyone else at 'Drada's, like Zora,
Brit or Hoylur, or
Gunther or Agatha, talked about what you plan to do when spring gets
here? What do you think you're going to do next? Do you think the
Crosses or whoever's supposed to be in charge now will be back by
then?"

"We spent the two days trapped in Theodrada's just keeping
ourselves distracted from the situation at hand. Well, as much as we
could and still care for the sick there. I suppose we will have to
have a town meeting to discuss the appropriate steps for the next few
months to ensure everyone's health and well being. I don't know what I
will do next. I have some things I'd like to try and take care of, but
its mostly just idle work for the winter. I think you want to know
what the plan beyond that is. I'm afraid I'm not sure. Again,
something a town meeting would cover. As for the Crosses, I can't
speculate about their return. For that you'd have to talk to Zora and
Brit. Sorry."
__________________
"I can't help it if I'm the biggest and the strongest. I don't even excercise." Fezzik, The Princess Bride avvy by Peregrine

05-11-2007, 12:27 PM #934
Chris_Chandler
Ogre in the Playground



Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Birmingham, AL
Gender: Re: Kuralia I - The Far Reaches (Thread 4)
Kirfah -
Spoiler

__________________
"I can't help it if I'm the biggest and the strongest. I don't even excercise." Fezzik, The Princess Bride avvy by Peregrine

05-11-2007, 12:32 PM #935
LadyGlutter
Ogre in the Playground



Join Date: Mar 2005
Gender: Re: Kuralia I - The Far Reaches (Thread 4)
Then make it so, mon capitan. We'll be hungry by lunch time then.
__________________
"Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence." -- Edgar Allan Poe

~~
Depending on which avvy I'm using:
Erin Avatar (aiming gun in chainmail) by Annex.
Veronica Avatar (goth chick psion) by Gorbash Kazdar.

05-11-2007, 12:49 PM #936
Chris_Chandler
Ogre in the Playground



Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Birmingham, AL
Gender: Re: Kuralia I - The Far Reaches (Thread 4)
Zora, et al. -

The children are gathered up, as is Anwen, and all comply, Tiede a bit less cheerfully than his peers. Anwen is bright and clearheaded, clearly afflicted but hyper-alert, rather than being uncontrollably physically active. Her choice of activity, though, was a bit more mental. Mind you, she might have stitched every single piece of clothe in her home, and she had many bolts of fabric.

Anwen is completely compliant and insists that her children comply, as well. Tiede is a bit like his dad, was, a wrestling match, but you get it down him.

So... that means that Agatha's list of the afflicted is complete! Most excellent.
__________________
"I can't help it if I'm the biggest and the strongest. I don't even excercise." Fezzik, The Princess Bride avvy by Peregrine

05-12-2007, 09:28 PM #937
Dalcassius
Ogre in the Playground



Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Gender: Re: Kuralia I - The Far Reaches (Thread 4)
OOC: I tried to break this up a bit so its not too hard on the eyes.

Ozan Kirfah Sajid

Kirfah smiles as he listens to Sharad. For a short while he just sits silently, focusing on the mental connection he hasn't experienced in a long time.
"It's good to see you again Sharad. I hope you enjoyed Breena’s visit. You two certainly got along well enough before…

I am sorry I haven't been around but unfortunately responsibilities have kept me away. Much as they have kept father away. I am here now though and I will be for a while. I wish I could say I’ve been looking for a way to undo what has been enspelled upon you, but I can not. Please understand that others where in mortal danger for their lives and needed immediate aid. I know you would never want to remain this way a moment longer than I could help, but I know you would never let another suffer either. That is why I rode south with the Cross girls, Breena, Gunther and Hoylur.

You remember him don't you? The one the council sent? We all met that evening at Theodrada’s house for a meal the night the Gi girl was tied to Hare. Hmm, I don’t know if Breena mentioned to you, but she has adopted the wolf and name him Hare. He’s slightly larger now, though as rambunctious as any mewling pup. He’ll be quite large come next harvest.

Sorry, I’m rambling again. You always said that only fools and drunks rambled. You would chastise me for showing weakness. Well I’m afraid I showed more than a little while away. I made some poor conclusions and snap decisions. I burned down the Hannigan homestead. Breena has forgiven me but I still can’t get past it." Kirfah takes a breath and tries to relax. He listens to the rhythmic breathing of Sharad and uses it to calm himself.

"I received a letter the day we were to meet with Theodrada. I don’t know if I ever told you. Things had been so hectic then. They still are. The letter was from Master Hadi. He spoke of the meeting and the mission we were to be sent on and the arrival of Hoylur. The foreknowledge was amazing. Master Hadi has a terrific amount of connections. I evny his wisdom.

Every night I have spent outside of Last Breath I re-read the letter. I would finish my prayers to Al-Qazhad, write some in my book then read the Master's words hoping to glean some small amount of wisdom from them. He is such a wise man; I dearly miss his council, nearly half as much as I have missed yours brother. I wish the two of you get a chance to meet some day. I think the two of you would get along grandly." Kirfah stands and leans against the sill to stare out the window as he gathers his thoughts. When he feels ready he sits back down next to Sharad.

"After I burned down the Hannigan homestead we discovered that Hannigan had been kidnapped. We all headed south…" Kirfah continues for the next few hours relating everything that happened as he remembered it, interjecting every so often to postulate what Sharad would have said or done as any time. When the tale is over Kirfah wishes his brother well and leaves to see Breena.


OOC: GB- If you still wanted to carry on the pre-Sharad conversation we can still do that. I just wanted to get this up.
”
So, let's pick up where we left off. I'll have Sharad's answer in a moment.

---
Oh, the title is actually the date, as far as you Theshians are concerned. Dalcassius and I had a nice discussion and I figured everyone would like to know. Frost 5 (5th of Frost) is pretty straightforward, and the "17th year..." is how Theshians run their years, based off the current Emperor. Years start over when new Emperor is crowned. Just to circle the headache, Kirfah has a completely different date - bleedin' Turmishites.

edit edit - Okay, now that's just too funny.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 15th of May, 2007, 00:29
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.47 per day)
Kirfah -

You recount your tale, each moment bringing Sharad a little calmer, save where there is actual combat detailed. His eyes flicker beneath his eyelids and his breathing speeds up. His swordarm clenches, as well.

By the end of your tales, he has calmed to tranquility and in that moment, with all due urgency, with every fiber of your being, you know that Sharad is trying to tell you something.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 16th of May, 2007, 00:48
Dalcassius
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2773
Posts: 653 (0.16 per day)
Ozan Kirfah Sajid

Kirfah leans in closer as if he might actually hear Sharad say something. Clamly he whispers in Sharads ear.
"I am here brother and I have heard you. I will find them and bring you back into the light."

Last edited by Dalcassius; 16th of May, 2007 at 00:50. Reason: Checked my PMs
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 16th of May, 2007, 02:09
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.47 per day)
Sharad takes a deep breath in and lets it out nice and easy. The agitated look of his form is gone, and his unnatural sleep at least looks restful now. His hand slides down and holds your own Kirfah, weak but present. It drops to his side once you let go.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 16th of May, 2007, 02:26
Dalcassius
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2773
Posts: 653 (0.16 per day)
Ozan Kirfah Sajid

Kirfah gives a gentle squeeze to Sharads hand before wiping away a tear. He kisses his brothers forhead and leaves the room. Going downstairs he heads directly to Breena. He wraps his arms around her and whispers in her ear.
"Thank you." The embrace is short and a moment later Kirfah has receeded once again in to his shell. He fast steps into the kitchen to find Fatima.
"Mother! Good news. Sharad is still inside himself. He has not awoken, but I have felt his presence and he has been my counsel. We must have a meeting of the town elders. Or at least those left. Please see to it that Leif, Lassi, Grace and yourself are at Theodrada's just past sunset. I will call for Agatha, Gunther, Zora, Brit, Hoylur and Breena. We are going to have a <k'harro ermotta> tonight." Kirfah leaves the kitchen to speak with Breena once more.
"Breena, I need a hand with something. I am trying to organize a small town meeting with those most useful to the discussion. This includes you and Brit. Hope you will attend. But could I ask you to give my Mother a hand gathering people? Leif and Lassi as outside the town hunting and I believe you would have the best chance of finding them and bringing them back to Theodrada's by sunset. I am headed there now to speak with the others." For the first time since coming down stairs Kirfah waits long enough to get a reply.

K'harro Ermotta; A Turmish term that doesn't translate. It's more or less a think tank. A "war room" some might call it, but it's just a fancy round table discussion. It is named for K'harro Ieujo, a sage from Tur' Mishaq who was a Master at their first academy. He started the practice of the k'harro ermotta as a form of group problem solving to deal with large social issues at the academy. It wasn't until shortly after his death which the term was associated with the practice.

Last edited by Dalcassius; 16th of May, 2007 at 06:18. Reason: Coding issues.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 16th of May, 2007, 02:35
LadyGlutter's Avatar
LadyGlutter
Grey Lady [Epic]

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2781
Location: entropy chamber
Posts: 4,344 (1.06 per day)
After Zora has finished her task, she will talk to whomever is in the room. "I'm exhausted. I'm sorry, I don't have that luxury do I? What do we start on next? I would like to move home and work on the temple and get my family taken care of. Just make some things more normal. That's all long way off, I guess.

I guess... we gotta take care of this Death with Fangs next, huh? Agatha, we really didn't get a chance to talk about that in detail***, but could you tell me if you've seen any sightings or anything?"

***I figure in the past three days (?) I've had a chance to tell Agatha more about it, so now I know it's awkward, but no more awkward than the Kirfah/Bree conversation. I have no idea if they even know anything about it.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 17th of May, 2007, 00:26
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.47 per day)
Previous various conversations from our former forum:

“ Ozan Kirfah Sajid

Kirfah smiles as he listens to Sharad. For a short while he just sits silently, focusing on the mental connection he hasn't experienced in a long time.
"It's good to see you again Sharad. I hope you enjoyed Breena’s visit. You two certainly got along well enough before…

I am sorry I haven't been around but unfortunately responsibilities have kept me away. Much as they have kept father away. I am here now though and I will be for a while. I wish I could say I’ve been looking for a way to undo what has been enspelled upon you, but I can not. Please understand that others where in mortal danger for their lives and needed immediate aid. I know you would never want to remain this way a moment longer than I could help, but I know you would never let another suffer either. That is why I rode south with the Cross girls, Breena, Gunther and Hoylur.

You remember him don't you? The one the council sent? We all met that evening at Theodrada’s house for a meal the night the Gi girl was tied to Hare. Hmm, I don’t know if Breena mentioned to you, but she has adopted the wolf and name him Hare. He’s slightly larger now, though as rambunctious as any mewling pup. He’ll be quite large come next harvest.

Sorry, I’m rambling again. You always said that only fools and drunks rambled. You would chastise me for showing weakness. Well I’m afraid I showed more than a little while away. I made some poor conclusions and snap decisions. I burned down the Hannigan homestead. Breena has forgiven me but I still can’t get past it." Kirfah takes a breath and tries to relax. He listens to the rhythmic breathing of Sharad and uses it to calm himself.

"I received a letter the day we were to meet with Theodrada. I don’t know if I ever told you. Things had been so hectic then. They still are. The letter was from Master Hadi. He spoke of the meeting and the mission we were to be sent on and the arrival of Hoylur. The foreknowledge was amazing. Master Hadi has a terrific amount of connections. I evny his wisdom.

Every night I have spent outside of Last Breath I re-read the letter. I would finish my prayers to Al-Qazhad, write some in my book then read the Master's words hoping to glean some small amount of wisdom from them. He is such a wise man; I dearly miss his council, nearly half as much as I have missed yours brother. I wish the two of you get a chance to meet some day. I think the two of you would get along grandly." Kirfah stands and leans against the sill to stare out the window as he gathers his thoughts. When he feels ready he sits back down next to Sharad.

"After I burned down the Hannigan homestead we discovered that Hannigan had been kidnapped. We all headed south…" Kirfah continues for the next few hours relating everything that happened as he remembered it, interjecting every so often to postulate what Sharad would have said or done as any time. When the tale is over Kirfah wishes his brother well and leaves to see Breena.
”
and then the big one:

“ ((Proxy for Dalcassius -))

Ozan Kirfah Sajid

OOC: One can assume that the following conversation flows more
naturally then I am posting it, but this was the most efficient way
for me to get the information across.



“ "How many people, roughly, live in Last
Breath?"
”
"Well after the last census Theodrada conducted I over
heard he speaking with Mother and she mentioned 100 souls accounted
for. I think about 20 were young children."


“ "How many are still with us now?" ”
"Not even a full two dozen. I'm almost positive we top out
at 22. 5 of those are the remaining children. Hmm. Odd, I don't recall
seeing or hearing anything about children dying. We'll have to double
check with Agatha about the 14 other children. We may have missed
something."


“ "How many households were there? And how many
now?"
”
"There are 10 currently being used from the original 32
that stood when we left."


“ "We seem to have enough food, but how much food is
that? Could it get
us through an entire year? Get the survivors, the people we have now
in Last Breath, through an entire year? I'm thinking that if we move
somewhere, how much food we have will matter a lot for how far we
could move."
”
"I'm not sure about a trek anywhere; I'd need some time to
work out the logistics of a long journey for such a large group.
However there is more than enough to get everyone safely to the end of
the winter. Especially with Zora and the huntsmen, we won't have to
worry about anyone going hungry."


“ "Is there a lot of livestock we need to deal with?
Did anyone have
really big herds of sheep, horses, cows, whatever? Do we still have
those herds?"
”
"My best guess is that most of the herds will have
scattered, but we should be able to get some cows and sheep from
Wyberts and I think Sascha took care of the Cross steeds so there's
some riding and draft horses. Also Lassi and Mother have more than
enough goats between the two of them."


“ "Are the walls of this place still intact? Can we
make them intact? How much effort would that take?"
”
"From what I've noticed briefly, the North and East
palisades are still standing and holding strong. It wouldn't take me
long to look them over and make sure they were still structurally
sounds. The palisade the town tried to build when we left wasn't
properly put up or even finished. We have the materials though, we
should be able to sure it up, maybe even finish it. The main concern
would be man power."


“ "Are ... is anyone posting guards at night? Did the
village itself have
guards on duty at night before this upheaval?"
”
"Leif, Lassi, Orvokki, Jacob, Brit, yourself and I are the
only ones left able bodied and concerned enough to stand guard. Leif
would never allow Zora to do it with her stature being so slight.
Hoylur most likely couldn't be coerced into standing guard even if we
convinced Leif to let him do it."


“ "Who's in charge? And I mean who's in charge of the
people who are
HERE. I know Sir Cross might be next in line of command or whatever,
but if he's not here, then he doesn't count right now."
”
"Hmmm, I think Lady Amelia was the next in line after
Theorada. I guess now it falls to Mother. Which may not be a bad idea.
She has gained much respect from the people of Last Breath,
non-Theshian or not."


“ "Is there any way to communicate with reinforcements
or allies of Last
Breath?"
”
"I'm not sure what we will do about communicating with the
outside world right now. We can't really send of a messenger on horse
back. Hoylur was able to use one of his spells to contact his lady
friend in Juren. Perhaps we can speak with him about using it to
contact someone else. I've also heard stories about enspelling animals
to courier letters. Perhaps Zora can enlighten us on this. Hmmm. I'm
glad you brought this up. I've written a letter to my Master at the
academy and I'd love to be able to get it to him. Thanks."


“ "What the heck was the deal with that bear? Was it just
tunneling to see if any of these houses would make a good den, or
what? Who sent it and are they willing to send any other critters? Or
was that Brand, turned into a bear? If so, can we get him back here to
be a guard or something?"
”
"I'm not entirely sure what that was about. It showed up
and, well, more or less knocked at the door. It and Zora spoke a bit,
it gave her a package containing the reagents for brewing more of the
cure, then Zora asked if anyone had any ideas about tasks to put the
bear to work at. I suggested it freed anyone else from their homes and
off it went digging. I'm starting to just take things like that in
stride. 'That's just Zora.' I keep telling myself."


“ "How long until primary snowmelt? I mean, how many
days from now until the snow is probably, on average, less than 1 foot
deep?"
”
"As close as I can figure it we are looking at 9 weeks,
give or take a few days, of thick snow. If I spoke with Zora we may be
able to figure out a more accurate date."


“ "How many people are outside the walls? Surviving, I
mean. Would it be possible to get them all inside without too much
overcrowding?"
”
"Leif and Lassi are out hunting, but they are the only
ones not within the square."


“ "Are there facilities inside the town walls for
keeping all the
community's animals, or would be hip-deep in crap inside a week if we
tried that?"
”
"We could attempt it. There's nothing we have right now to
pen the animals in, but it wouldn't be difficult to put something
together. Even easier than dealing with the walls. Heh, we may be able
to just put up two fences between a couple of adjacent buildings to
make the work easier and go quicker. I'll take a look around tomorrow
when I inspect the palisade to see if I can find a decent spot for an
animal pen."


“ "Have you or anyone else at 'Drada's, like Zora,
Brit or Hoylur, or
Gunther or Agatha, talked about what you plan to do when spring gets
here? What do you think you're going to do next? Do you think the
Crosses or whoever's supposed to be in charge now will be back by
then?"
”
"We spent the two days trapped in Theodrada's just keeping
ourselves distracted from the situation at hand. Well, as much as we
could and still care for the sick there. I suppose we will have to
have a town meeting to discuss the appropriate steps for the next few
months to ensure everyone's health and well being. I don't know what I
will do next. I have some things I'd like to try and take care of, but
its mostly just idle work for the winter. I think you want to know
what the plan beyond that is. I'm afraid I'm not sure. Again,
something a town meeting would cover. As for the Crosses, I can't
speculate about their return. For that you'd have to talk to Zora and
Brit. Sorry."
”
This one is directed at Kirfah's long line of answers:

“
“ riginally Posted by Dalcassius
OOC: GB- If you still wanted to carry on the pre-Sharad conversation we can still do that. I just wanted to get this up.
”
That's fine. Kirfah has his priorities and I figure after answering Breena's questions he excused himself and left her to think about round 2 questions. Which she thinks about for several minutes, sitting silently and thinking furiously. Finally she goes to find Lady Amelia (that's Kirfah's mother, right?) and says to her, "I think I have a better idea now of who's left, or at least how many, here in Last Breath. Kirfah thinks that you'd be next in charge of things, since everyone else is... yeah. So can you call a town meeting? I don't know about the other young people in our little colony group, like Brit and Zora and Kirfah, but I'm going to go nutty... ah, worse than I am, at least, if I don't do something. And that's not the bloodbrow. But I'd like to be doing the most useful thing and some of the important things to be done will take help. Like rounding up all the local herd animals and getting them inside the town, or repairing the palisade, or... consolidating what's in the abandoned houses. And doing it all safely, without getting eaten by big wolves or whatever else is out there." She pauses. "So can you call a town meeting so we can get everyone together in one place, more or less, and talk about things? I think Theodrada's place would be best, or outside of it if we could clear an area and build a bonfire. That way we wouldn't be too far from the sick. I can take Hare and see if Kirfah will go with me to the houses and tell them."
”
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!

Last edited by Chris Chandler; 17th of May, 2007 at 00:30.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 17th of May, 2007, 00:32
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.47 per day)
“ Originally Posted by LadyGlutter # After Zora has finished her task, she will talk to whomever is in the room. "I'm exhausted. I'm sorry, I don't have that luxury do I? What do we start on next? I would like to move home and work on the temple and get my family taken care of. Just make some things more normal. That's all long way off, I guess.

I guess... we gotta take care of this Death with Fangs next, huh? Agatha, we really didn't get a chance to talk about that in detail***, but could you tell me if you've seen any sightings or anything?"

***I figure in the past three days (?) I've had a chance to tell Agatha more about it, so now I know it's awkward, but no more awkward than the Kirfah/Bree conversation. I have no idea if they even know anything about it.
”
It is a bit confusing as to who is where, but I think we'll be seeing everyone together in short order.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 17th of May, 2007, 02:41
Dalcassius
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2773
Posts: 653 (0.16 per day)
Wow. The thread is a little out of order. Should I remove and repost post #5?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 17th of May, 2007, 05:18
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.47 per day)
No, I think that is enough of a reference to mark it for folks.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 18th of May, 2007, 02:59
Gamebird's Avatar
Gamebird
Shadow

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2783
Location: Skiatook, Oklahoma
Posts: 354 (0.09 per day)
Okay, I see this is here now, after a bit of snooping. (No one can hear us scream, eh?) Can anyone do anything about Kirfah's dark blue text? It's invisible for me unless I highlight over it. Or is there a way I can change the default black background to white or tan?

Whether Kirfah asks for a town meeting or Breena does, doesn't matter. What matters is that one is called. Assuming we go with Kirfah's line of events, then Breena seems surprised by Kirfah's hug, then hugs him back briefly. She watches him head off to talk to his mom and stands lost in thought until he comes back. Hearing his question, she nods. "I can try to find them, but it might be better for us to wait for them to come back normally - surely they won't stay out past dark - and then I'll go right to them and bring them to the meet. If they don't come back by dark, then we have another item for the town meeting - how to organize a rescue or search for them."

(this assumes it is not common for hunters to make overnight stays in the woods in the middle of winter - if it is common for them to do that and Breena would know, then my answer will change)

That said, she gets dressed warmly, calls Hare to her, and heads out to do some basic, untrained tracking and see if she can figure out which way they left. She doesn't go outside the walls. (Unless Chris is an incredible stickler for rules/RAW, I figure someone with survival skills can find fresh tracks in deep snow in full daylight and follow them for a short distance.)
__________________
We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces, singing 'whiskey for my men, beer for my horses!' -Toby Keith
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 18th of May, 2007, 03:01
Gamebird's Avatar
Gamebird
Shadow

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2783
Location: Skiatook, Oklahoma
Posts: 354 (0.09 per day)
Oh, one other question - the count of 22 people in Last Breath with 5 of them being children - does that count include PCs and Gunther, or was it a count of the population who didn't leave?
__________________
We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces, singing 'whiskey for my men, beer for my horses!' -Toby Keith
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 18th of May, 2007, 03:05
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.47 per day)
Who is the "they" that you are tracking?

And, no, it's not counting you five or Gunther.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!

Last edited by Chris Chandler; 18th of May, 2007 at 03:08.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 18th of May, 2007, 03:11
Gamebird's Avatar
Gamebird
Shadow

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2783
Location: Skiatook, Oklahoma
Posts: 354 (0.09 per day)
Kirfah told Breena that Leif and Lassi are outside the town hunting (this applicable only if Kirfah's version of the post-Sharad meeting rules, which I suggest it does). So Breena is looking for the tracks of two adults that went outside of town today, or at least since it snowed so heavily. She'll first go walk around the south and west walls where the palisade is down/has holes/whatever and see if they (or anyone/anything else) has used that for passage. Then she'll go to the gate(s) and check there. She expects they'll come back in the same way they went out, so once she finds out where that was (and assuming she doesn't see something in her tromping around that she needs to report to others), then she'll set up to wait for Leif and Lassi at the point she believes they left by. If she finds more than one likely route of tracks, then she'll try to find a place where she can see both areas.

Edit - She will relate this plan to Kirfah as she puts on her outdoor winter wear so he knows where she's going to be, or at least what she'll be out doing.

Edit 2 - No Track feat, but she has 5 ranks of Survival and +0 from Wisdom.
__________________
We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces, singing 'whiskey for my men, beer for my horses!' -Toby Keith

Last edited by Gamebird; 18th of May, 2007 at 03:16.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 18th of May, 2007, 03:14
Dalcassius
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2773
Posts: 653 (0.16 per day)
The timeline of who asks for the meeting still works if Bree asks first then afterward Kirfah comes out and asks for it again.
Also, I've changed my post to a lighter blue. Hope that helps.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 18th of May, 2007, 03:59
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.47 per day)
“ Originally Posted by LadyGlutter # ***I figure in the past three days (?) I've had a chance to tell Agatha more about it, so now I know it's awkward, but no more awkward than the Kirfah/Bree conversation. I have no idea if they even know anything about it. ”
Ah, I see something to which I should have responded. This should get ironed out with more play.

Agatha thinks about Zora's question for a bit.

No, this wolf is a definite newcomer. Any issues we'd had in the past with... creatures have been with mundane wildlife acting oddly, oh, and those enormous bats from when you were here earlier. You bring the oddest things around here, Zora.

She says that with a smile, then her smile fade as she remembers something.

You know, for the past few weeks I've done my best to go out throughout the colony to, well, check up on people and try to find any stragglers. I thought I'd tracked down all the adults, by either finding them, like Julien here, or finding their bodies... like with... Ju... like with Theodrada.

She wipes the tears that spring up -

But I'd realized something. There are a number of children I should have found, but never did. I didn't think to actually bring it up, because we have been talking in terms of... disease - the Bloodbrow, and, honestly I'm exhausted, and I'd had someone else looking. It's such a relief for you to be here. I really can't tell you how -

She shakes her head -

By any means, there are about a dozen youngsters that I can't seem to locate. I know that had they been attacked and killed, or had been afflicted, I'd have seen evidence. I'd talked with Leif and Lassi about it. They are... doing both some hunting and a bit of tracking for the children. They should be back today, maybe tomorrow morning. They only usually stay out for a week at a time. Lassi will be glad of your safe return, as I'm sure Leif will be, in his own fashion.

((GB, you'll note that this also answers both your question as to how long they are staying out - which you would have been aware - and why you can't track them at all.))
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!

Last edited by Chris Chandler; 18th of May, 2007 at 04:03.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 18th of May, 2007, 05:29
Gamebird's Avatar
Gamebird
Shadow

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2783
Location: Skiatook, Oklahoma
Posts: 354 (0.09 per day)
This would be information Breena would have? It's a conversation between Zora and Agatha, so please confirm that Breena would know it.
__________________
We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces, singing 'whiskey for my men, beer for my horses!' -Toby Keith
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 18th of May, 2007, 06:27
Dalcassius
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2773
Posts: 653 (0.16 per day)
Ozan Kirfah Sajid

"Thank you Breena. I'm going over to Theodrada's for now. I'll be there until the meeting. Take care." Kirfah heads for Drada's place and tries to find Gunther. If he is able he will inquire about a library Theordrada may have possessed and what perhaps remains of it. If/When he sees any of the group he will mention that he is going to hold a discussion at Drada's at sunset. He will also mention to Gunther and Agatha that he would like them to attend.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 18th of May, 2007, 07:10
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.47 per day)
You would have known from Akasma (Kirfah's mom) that Leif, at least, had been hunting. That was before the snowstorm, when you first arrived back to Last Breath. She mentioned it then, and you would have known how Leif and the other huntsmen went about things.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 19th of May, 2007, 01:16
Gamebird's Avatar
Gamebird
Shadow

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2783
Location: Skiatook, Oklahoma
Posts: 354 (0.09 per day)
Hm. Given that they're really not expected back tonight, I guess I'll have Breena make the rounds anyway so she can see the state of the walls and look for obvious tracks. After that, she'll go back to the Sajid's and act as messenger for whoever Fatima/Akasma sends her out to get for the meeting. (So which is Kirfah's mother: Fatima or Akasma?)
__________________
We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces, singing 'whiskey for my men, beer for my horses!' -Toby Keith
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 19th of May, 2007, 02:17
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.47 per day)
Akasma has been for the past 26 years. Fatima is the Sajid serving woman.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 19th of May, 2007, 06:32
Dalcassius
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2773
Posts: 653 (0.16 per day)
Um... Kirfah is adopted? DOES DAD KNOW?
'Cause he's 28...
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 19th of May, 2007, 10:40
Chris Chandler's Avatar
Chris Chandler
Kobold Demi-Lich [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1475
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 6,856 (1.47 per day)
Oh dear lord. You people are what cause unrest.

Fine... 28 years. I'm so very put in place, such as it is.
__________________
Our son won't stop doing math, honey!

Not in my house mister!!! You can differentiate all you want with your little hoodlum friends, but in here it's wild guesses and rounding errors!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 21st of May, 2007, 06:36
Dalcassius
Wraith

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2773
Posts: 653 (0.16 per day)
Don't worry about it too much GB, I get the two of them mixed up all the time.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 21st of May, 2007, 23:56
Gamebird's Avatar
Gamebird
Shadow

User is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Member: #2783
Location: Skiatook, Oklahoma
Posts: 354 (0.09 per day)
See, that's what you get for enslaving the lower classes - domestic confusion! (joke, in case that was unclear)
__________________
We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces, singing 'whiskey for my men, beer for my horses!' -Toby Keith
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 14:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren