Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > crueldespot's Games > Jiangu!

 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 2nd of October, 2006, 11:55
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
JIANGU! Chapter 5, Scene 3 QingShan Province

JIANGU! Chapter 5, Scene 3 QingShan Province

With their new horses and loot, the henchmen continue cross country until they rejoin the road West of Shen, having bypassed the checkpoint to QingShan Province. It is only a short distance to the next village, The golem trots along behind Termix as before.

A few of them are wounded, worst of all Nimdor, whose ears are bleeding from the kick that Brother Cobra dealt him.

Suddenly Termix hears a message from Golock, transmitted magically with a spell of sending

“I just learned imperial pretender General Guanmiyan sent his nephew to waylay the golem. Politely refuse to hand it over. Beware charm spells. Reply!”



OOC: Termix may reply with a message of 25 words or less.

Also, where do you plan to stop and what type of accommodations are you looking for? The group has been traveling for four hours so far.





Last edited by crueldespot; 2nd of October, 2006 at 11:57.
  #2  
Unread 4th of October, 2006, 08:55
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.39 per day)
Not but the least bit surprised that Golock could get the message to him, Termix relays a message back. "Already encountered 'pretenders'. Hostilities broke out. No allied casualties. Back on track to delivery; delay taken care of."
__________________
Minion of Doom
Owner of a Benicus Man-Card, an akiko kumquat, an Illusioned Anori Hilt Badge, a zachol iced green tea, and a Link Deku Leaf.
Situation: Normal
  #3  
Unread 4th of October, 2006, 09:06
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
Hearing Termix speak in such a clipped and percise tone, Fugen looks around to see who he is talking to.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #4  
Unread 4th of October, 2006, 11:47
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
3:1 Intersection

JIANGU! Chapter 5, Scene 3:1 Intersection

A mile further down the road, the henchmen pass through a village in QingShan province. This is a familiar route to them, since they went the same way enroute to their last adventure.

This village, like others near Dian Province, is dealing with the influx of refugees. As time passes by, the crisis seems to be diminishing. The refugees are either migrating further away, selling themselves into slavery, or finding work. Many are joining the local militia, private armies, or the imperial legion.

In the afternoon they reach the intersection that leads north to Huoyanshan Province. Last time they turned here, but this time they continue west.

After a couple more miles, they reach another village. Here the highway turns southwest towards BangXie Province. Side roads lead northwest and southeast.

Nimdor came this way from BangXie Province, so he knows that the highway to the southwest will have inns and hamlets are regular intervals. According to locals, the road to the northwest heads up into rough hills. After five miles it enters an upland valley of farms and ranches, then eventually crosses over into Miao Province.



OOC:
Current location 19N/10.5W
  #5  
Unread 5th of October, 2006, 10:13
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.39 per day)
"Alright, I've held it in as long as I could stand to, but that kick hurt one hell of a lot more than I've been playing it out. Anybody have any way to help me out here? I feel like I'm going to be knocked out. I hate to admit it, but I'm of no use in a fight. My talents lie elsewhere."
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #6  
Unread 5th of October, 2006, 11:34
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
Flarrgj luaghs not unkindly at the halflings outburst.

"Is not your job, that, is my job." He says, smiling.
  #7  
Unread 6th of October, 2006, 00:10
trendel's Avatar
trendel
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1482
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 395 (0.09 per day)
"Calm down my new friend. I have spent most of my favor with the Four Royals already today, but I can do a little for you."

Guiding his pony towards Nimdor, Gizerak says a couple prayers, and the healing magics help in a small way.

"A thought has occured to me. We seem to attract violence since we have been working for Golock. I seem to find myself stretched to the limit after each battle as I try to keep us healed and able to continue on. Perhaps we should think about purchasing a wand in the next town that would aid us in battlefield medicine. I do not have enough coin on my own to purchase it, but if we all chipped in, I think we would all benefit. I will continue to brew us potions in my spare time as well, but I fear I won't have any time until after this mission has completed. What does everyone think? If you all agree, we should stop in the next town that we can and find a wand as soon as possible."

OOC: channel two 0 level spells into Cure Minor Wounds on Nimdor.
__________________
Je porte mon fromage dans mon slip.

---It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.---

Last edited by trendel; 6th of October, 2006 at 03:56.
  #8  
Unread 6th of October, 2006, 04:29
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.85 per day)
"So, since we need to rest, any thoughts on how we rest with a golem companion? It would be nice if he could do the watching for us so we could all sleep, but I guess that could lead to some major trouble. I'm all for sleeping off a wound or two, and Heaven knows when we'll meet that monk guy again. Rest assured, that's one guy I don't want to face again soon. He's pretty nimble, and damn hard to hit."
  #9  
Unread 6th of October, 2006, 06:32
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
Signing, Fugen suggests finding a farmer looking to make some extra money who has a barn where they could spend the night. It was doubtful that any inn would allow the golem inside, and the group really should stay close enough to it to keep an eye on it through the night. Golock had said that it would defend itself if attacked, but that in any combat it could go beserk. It wouldn't do to have the golem go beserk because some kid threw a rock at it. In a barn they could rest in out of the weather and out of sight while at the same time keeping a proper eye on the golem.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #10  
Unread 6th of October, 2006, 12:50
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
3:2 Recovery

JIANGU! Chapter 5, Scene 3:2 Recovery

Setting: The middle of QingShan Province 10.5 miles West and 19 miles North of Shan Mountain, 9th Morning of Midsummer, 300th Year of the Monkey

Foregoing any further travel for the day, the henchmen make arrangements for lodging in a barn at the edge of the village. This time of recovery serves them well. In the morning they feel greatly refreshed.


OOC:
Everyone recovers lvl x hp for overnight rest + 2hp to Nimdor.

1gp each for food, lodging, and stabling.

Sadly, the max limit for purchases in a village is 200gp (as per p137 of the DMG). To buy a wand of CLW you will need to visit a small town or larger settlement.
  #11  
Unread 10th of October, 2006, 09:12
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.39 per day)
Termix wakes up and strectches wide. Ehm...where am I? Oh, yes. He then looks for the golem, as a natural reaction to having something as vaulable as it in your possesion.
__________________
Minion of Doom
Owner of a Benicus Man-Card, an akiko kumquat, an Illusioned Anori Hilt Badge, a zachol iced green tea, and a Link Deku Leaf.
Situation: Normal
  #12  
Unread 10th of October, 2006, 10:50
trendel's Avatar
trendel
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1482
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 395 (0.09 per day)
After praying the night before, Gizerak wakes refreshed and full of is deity's blessing. Taking stock of the groups wounds, he wanders over to Flaargj and casts a spell on him.

The familiar feeling of flames scouring away the pain covers the large man's body.

"Is that better my friend?"

OOC: channel a cure moderate wounds spell on Flaargj.

Spells currently prepared:
0th: Detect Magic, Light, Mending, Read Magic, Resistance
1st: Bless, Doom, Obscuring Mist (Domain: Burning Hands)
2nd: Hold Person, Summon Monster II (Domain: Produce Flame)
__________________
Je porte mon fromage dans mon slip.

---It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.---
  #13  
Unread 10th of October, 2006, 10:57
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.39 per day)
As usual for him, Nimdor is the first one up, and is ready to go.
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #14  
Unread 11th of October, 2006, 03:32
treehouse's Avatar
treehouse
Evolved Ulgurstasta [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1471
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 7,114 (1.61 per day)
Kierna comes out of reverie and joins her companions in their morning rituals.

"Are we still going to take the same route we had originally planned? It seems as if our enemies will soon send more pursuers to relieve us of the golem. And since we've soundly defeated a force whose power rivaled our own, I feel that we will be faced with overwhelming opposition next time."

She glances at them in turn.

"Not that I'm afraid to die. But we have a responsibility to Golock."
  #15  
Unread 11th of October, 2006, 07:15
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.39 per day)
"Other than the monk," Termix says, "I had a rather easy time. And I still had quite a few spells left after the encounter as well."
__________________
Minion of Doom
Owner of a Benicus Man-Card, an akiko kumquat, an Illusioned Anori Hilt Badge, a zachol iced green tea, and a Link Deku Leaf.
Situation: Normal
  #16  
Unread 11th of October, 2006, 08:03
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
Flarrgj nods his apreciation to the cleric, thanking him for the healing. He sits as the group discusses there direction and purpous, munching quietly on a dry breakfast.
  #17  
Unread 11th of October, 2006, 12:09
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
3:2 The Northwest Road

JIANGU! Chapter 5, Scene 3:2 The Northwest Road

Finding the golem undisturbed, the henchmen resume their march as before, leaving the highway for the road that leads northwest out of the village.

It is nothing like the highway. The paved highway was crowded with travelers. This is a back road to a remote province. The road is unpaved, and there is almost no other traffic. A few farmers are leaving the village at the same time as the henchmen, but the henchmen outpace them, and soon find themselves alone on the road. After a mile, the road begins to climb a range of hills. They no longer see any cultivated fields or pastures. This is a wilderness.

After an hour, they have passed the crest of the ridge. The road still winds through the forested hills.

Termix hears another message from Golock:
“Did you kill Renge? If so, any witnesses? Number seven in line for throne. Reply.”



OOC:
Flarrgj is healed for 15 pts. Current coordinates: 12.5W/21N.

Last edited by crueldespot; 12th of October, 2006 at 02:04.
  #18  
Unread 11th of October, 2006, 13:59
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.39 per day)
"Unfortunately, Renge's dead. At least 5 witnesses. Left henchmen of his alive, thus this. No other witnesses that we know of." Termix replies to his grandfather. He hadn't really expected another message, or that Renge was actually in line for the throne. Man are we in for it...... Termix then relays this new information to the rest of the group. "Guys," he begins. "Renge was in line for the throne. Seventh according to Golock. I'm pretty damn sure that Brother Cobra is bringing reinforcments next time...."
__________________
Minion of Doom
Owner of a Benicus Man-Card, an akiko kumquat, an Illusioned Anori Hilt Badge, a zachol iced green tea, and a Link Deku Leaf.
Situation: Normal
  #19  
Unread 11th of October, 2006, 20:10
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.39 per day)
"Oh damn, that's not good."
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #20  
Unread 11th of October, 2006, 22:40
treehouse's Avatar
treehouse
Evolved Ulgurstasta [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1471
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 7,114 (1.61 per day)
Kierna shrugs. "The land is full of heirs. Renge would have been a terrible Emperor, with that foolhardy assertiveness of his. But yes, we are in trouble."
  #21  
Unread 11th of October, 2006, 23:19
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.85 per day)
Linus rolls his eyes. "Wonderful. Guess we better hurry up and drop off this golem before we meet Brother Cobra again. That guy was trouble."
  #22  
Unread 12th of October, 2006, 03:48
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
Frowning at this news, Fugen shrugs his shoulders. There was little that could be done about it now and Regne had instructed his ally to initiate the hostilities. Still, some additional distance between them and the site of the battle would be nice. Turning to the others, he suggests that they hustle for a bit right now and at the begining of each day from now on. In that manner they will speed up the completion of their mission without over burdening the horses.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #23  
Unread 12th of October, 2006, 11:28
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
3:3 The Road Forks

JIANGU! Chapter 5, Scene 3:3 The Road Forks

When the henchmen attempt to hustle, they find themselves leaving the golem behind. The mechanical man was already hustling to keep up with their mounts. Once they double their speed, the golem is outpaced.

They descend from the forested ridgeline into a valley of rolling hills. Here they find farms, orchards, and grazing land. They pass scattered thorps and hamlets. The density of settlement here is less than along the highway, and there is still little traffic on the road except for a few farmers on foot that they pass.

These locals, and those they see in the houses by the road, are amazed by the golem. They point and stare.

At the end of their second hour on the road, the road forks. One fork continues West. The other heads South.



OOC:
Current coordinates 16.5W/21N
  #24  
Unread 13th of October, 2006, 04:29
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.23 per day)
Disappointed by their in ability to go any faster because of the limits of the golem, Fugen is forced to content himself with the slower speed. If Brother Cobra was able to recruit others to his cause and catch them, then they would just have to deal with that when the time came.

At the fork in the road, Fugen does a quick double check of the map in his head before concluding that they wanted the road that continued west. They still needed to cross Miao province and then into ZhiYi before heading northwest into Deng. Indeed, if the maps Fugen had consulted were correct, they would not take any southward branching road until CaoYuan, and then only if necessary to reach the army.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #25  
Unread 13th of October, 2006, 04:32
trendel's Avatar
trendel
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1482
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 395 (0.09 per day)
Trying to see the maps the courier was holding, Gizerak has a quick conversation with Fugen to see what his thoughts are. After Fugen relays his thoughts, Gizerak nods in agreement.

"By Fugen's calculations and the maps he has, we need to continue west."
__________________
Je porte mon fromage dans mon slip.

---It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.---
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 13:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren