Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Darken's Games > Rivalry

 
Thread Tools
  #51  
Unread 30th of January, 2008, 08:39
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.29 per day)
Eliane nods. "Well, some support is always good to have. I will probably use a disguise, since I did interact them once before, and it might be helpful for them to recognize someone if a random group of adventurers approaches them. They do tend to be rather finicky about security and all that. Quite paranoid, really. Oh, if anyone capable of casting divine spells could prepare one or more spells of True Seeing tomorrow, that would be great. I need it to pull off my disguise more convincingly and I do believe that you guys also might have some trouble seeing through the magical darkness they surround themselves with."

She taps her finger against her chin while frowning. "There was something else...oh right! Bleys here might need something to hide his morality." She looks at the human. "Depending on your friend, he may need the same thing. I can easily pass you guys off as mercenaries I hired or slaves I bought, but they'd never believe I would go on a quest with someone noble. Of course, they'd have to be quite paranoid to check us for that, but from my experience, the paranoia of shades is rather impressive and should definitely not be underestimated."

Last edited by Crazy Eben; 31st of January, 2008 at 08:07.
  #52  
Unread 1st of February, 2008, 13:49
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
Secondday, Thirdweek Kythorn, DR 1377, Year of the Haunting. [1377/06/22]

After parting ways for the evening, you re-gather in the Alagrond's meeting room at daybreak to plan your next move. The sky is cloudy, yet looking over in Thaymount's direction shows a sunny hill, almost as though the Red Wizards are manipulating the weather just to spite the Witch Queen. The streets are fairly quiet even with the busy crowd, the constant movement of mounts and vehicles barely audible most likely to due to some form of magic. After a night of preparation of your own, whatever they might be, you think you are ready to create some adventures.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #53  
Unread 1st of February, 2008, 15:32
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.29 per day)
Instead of Eliane the human roguish sorcerer-type person, the others see a slight elf female with gray wings approach. The elf has long black hair and a few freckles adorn her fair face. Her skin shows some faint hints of azure blue.

Tamara looks at her new companions. "Alright, I've got my disguise on, and to be safe I used a spell to make me look like me. Wouldn't want any overeager guards to attack me by mistake again. They tend to react so unpredictably to being surprised. Very troublesome, really."

The avariel absent-mindedly strokes her wings. "I trust your spell preparations and such are complete?"

Noticing her allies' blank faces, she sighs for a brief moment before grinning sheepishly. "Right. I'm Tamara Shahin. Sorry, I sometimes forget when I only meet people as someone else. I was dressed up as Eliane when the queen called me and I didn't see the need to change immediately."

Last edited by Crazy Eben; 2nd of February, 2008 at 16:53. Reason: added description
  #54  
Unread 6th of February, 2008, 06:49
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
"Well isn't that handy," says Bleys as he pulls out a gold piece from his belt pouch and tosses it to Tamara in an easy arc. Depending on how she reacts will tell the truth of her transformation.
  #55  
Unread 6th of February, 2008, 07:02
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.29 per day)
Tamara frowns, follows the path of the flying gold piece with her sharp elven eyes, calculates its trajectory, casually grabs it with her elegant hand, and watches it falls right through and onto the ground.

She sighs and even her wings seem to deflate a bit. "Why did you have to go and do that? I told you yesterday, I don't do too well with catching. Well...with the whole hand-eye coordination thing, really. Trying to purposely embarrass someone is not very nice." The winged elf pouts and crosses her arms over her chest as she stares at Bleys.
  #56  
Unread 6th of February, 2008, 07:32
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
"Just verifying who you really are, my dear Tamara. We wouldn't want to start this adventure with anybody untrustworthy now would we?"

Motioning over to another plate mailed man Bleys makes the introductions around. Obviously this is Ursus whom Bleys mentioned yesterday. Oddly, for a cleric he has a battle axe strapped to his back. The shield with a flaming great sword ,point up, on it and a similar symbol on the breast of the armor indicates he is a cleric of Tempus.

[OOC: Ursus does not scan as good ;-) ]
  #57  
Unread 6th of February, 2008, 07:47
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.29 per day)
Tamara smiles. "That is quite understandable and most prudent. I have to admit that sometimes, I forget who I am myself. Quite irritating."

She carefully picks up the gold piece and slowly sashays across the room to Bleys. "Your coin. I prefer not throwing it. I never know where the things I throw might end up." The elf places it back in the warrior's hand and turns to his companion. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Ursus. I am Tamara Shahin, Avariel explorer. I currently serve the church of Tyr and the queen of Aglarond."
  #58  
Unread 7th of February, 2008, 04:53
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
Ursus gives as much of a courtly bow as is possible in full plate and says, "Well met Lady Shahin. It will be a pleasure to adventure with a servant of Tyr. Do you know if everyone that is coming has arrived?"
  #59  
Unread 7th of February, 2008, 05:25
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.29 per day)
The Avariel nods. "It would appear so. I was hoping to hear back from a contact of mine, but he obviously is on a lengthier job and didn't get my note." I hope. "Of course, Melfice, Arel, and Arel's friend seem to be completely stunned by my incredible cuteness. Other than that, I do believe that we're all here now." Tamara flashes a cute smile.
  #60  
Unread 7th of February, 2008, 12:40
Prince Yami's Avatar
Prince Yami
Vampire Spawn [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1474
Location: Kelowna BC
Posts: 497 (0.10 per day)
"Not so much stunned, though you are quite alluring" Melfice admitted, "Though I'm afraid I can't speak for Tor. I still have yet to figure out what goes on in his head. nor do i want to now that i think of it".
__________________
Remember, don't fire until you see the eyes of their wights.
  #61  
Unread 8th of February, 2008, 09:22
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.29 per day)
Tamara grins. "I see...well, I am not one to prejudge people, so maybe Tor will have a chance to prove that nothing strange is going on inside his head at all."
  #62  
Unread 8th of February, 2008, 09:53
LeadPal's Avatar
LeadPal
One Huecuva Guy [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1488
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 3,254 (0.68 per day)
Tor shifted in his black armour and clenched his jaw, but said nothing. He certainly looked angry, if not mad.

Arel, for her part, shrugged. "Impressive disguise, Eliane," she said, apparently having missed her restatement of her identity. "If everyone is ready..."
  #63  
Unread 8th of February, 2008, 15:19
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.29 per day)
Tamara shrugs and smiles at Arel and starts to wonder about the black-armored man. "I do believe we're ready. To the plane of shadows!"
  #64  
Unread 9th of February, 2008, 15:56
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
Arel nods, and gestures at Tamara. "Would you like to do the honors of... transporting us there then?"
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #65  
Unread 9th of February, 2008, 16:36
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.29 per day)
Tamara's eyes widen. "Oh no! I don't transport people. Bad things happen when I do. The last time, I tried it, this one guy got stuck in a wall and this other guy got stuck in... Trust me, I'm bad luck when it comes to transporting other people. Myself, I have no problem getting around. But when I try to take along others, very bad things happen. To them, not to me. So I vowed to never magically transport anyone ever again. It's for the greater good, really."
  #66  
Unread 10th of February, 2008, 03:32
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
Ursus speaks up, "I assume then that what Bleys told me yesterday is what I need to do. I take it we are moving from this location and not the one in the desert? If so, please take up positions around me where all of you can reach in and touch a piece of my armor."

When all are in position Ursus will cast Plane Shift to the Plane of Shadows.
  #67  
Unread 10th of February, 2008, 05:36
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.29 per day)
After the transport, Tamara looks around and tries to figure out the group's position relative to the shade enclave she visited a few months ago.

While her fancy brain is determining their location, she gazes impishly at the others. "Alright, nicely done. Now to get rid of the spell that makes me look like me and not like I need to look. Don't be surprised."

She dismisses her Succubus-powers of humanoid shapechanging and appears as a very beautiful statuesque woman with feathery wings and glowing red eyes. People may or may not identify her correctly as an Erinyes. She grins at the group. "My name is Dwana and I'm an Erinyes. I dealt with them in this guise before and we parted on good terms, so I hope this will allay their suspicions somewhat. I will say that you funny mortals are either my slaves or my hired help. I haven't decided yet and am not sure if some of you may be personally offended by being called slaves."

Dwana spreads her wings and flaps them experimentally. "Everything's in perfect working order. Now just let me get my bearings and we can head towards the enclave."
  #68  
Unread 10th of February, 2008, 16:11
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
The spell was cast succesfully, and you arrive at the Plane of Shadows in a nondescriptive locale. You see naught but shroud of darkness of various density surrounding you, and the ghostly shapes of each other with some of the minor lights from a few of your magic gears.

Kiara is unable to discern any relative locations between her current position to the enclave she visited before.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #69  
Unread 11th of February, 2008, 16:59
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.29 per day)
Dwana sports a sheepish yet properly devilish grin. "Well, I have no idea where we are, other than on the Plane of Shadows. What a silly and boring place without any remarkable features at all. Really, what do you expect someone who lives here to be like - other than being depressed, of course. No wonder those shadow people hate everyone."

The Erinyes pulls a scroll from her belt. "Right. I'll get us there, since I have actually been there. It's pretty hard to describe the place since it's really mostly just shadows and all. I'm going to use a scroll to teleport us there when you're all ready. Scrolls should be fairly safe. I hope. I think, I mean. I've never had those problems with people going missing and getting stuck in purple worms and body parts being scattered all over the place and what not when I used a scroll. At least not to my knowledge."

She smiles as she casts the spell from the scroll without further ado. Her companions may or may not look at her wide-eyed. Those with abilities in identifying spells may recognize this one as True Seeing. Dwana smiles broadly. "Well, that takes care of my ability to see clearly for the next little while. Quite necessary since I'll be taking us directly outside the enclave and I sadly lack the ability to see through darkness. Sometimes, I wish I would have been born a devil. But then, I realize that there really aren't that many interesting things to see in darkness."

The Erinyes stretches and shrugs. "Anyway, if you need to cast any more spells to prepare, I suggest you do it now. Hmm, that reminds me." She pulls her longsword from its sheath and looks at it. "You still need to appear like a sword a nice devil like myself would carry around. Especially since she once again forgot to buy a bow." The strange and quite possibly mildly insane devil/elf/woman/being mutters a few arcane nothings and touches the blade of her sword. "There we go. Now it will appear like a properly magical weapon."

She slowly and carefully reinserts the sword in its sheath. Dwana then pulls out another scroll from her belt. "Okay, do your spellcasting and let me know when you're done. I'll take us to the shade enclave then. Hmm, time to get into character." She theatrically clears her throat and glares at the group with blazing eyes. "Mortals, make haste! I have no patience for your incompetence and laziness. We have a mission to fulfil, and the sooner it is done, the sooner I can get rid of you."

[UMD check to cast True Seeing from scroll is automatic success. Fake-cast Nystul's Magic Aura, taking 10 o Bluff and Spellcraft, to make the MW Longsword look like an Unholy Flaming Longsword +3.]
  #70  
Unread 12th of February, 2008, 03:26
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
Bleys will open up his portable hole and retrieve a potion and hand it to Ursus, "Anybody else need a potion of Darkvision?"

Ursus takes the potion and puts it on the back of his belt in a pouch. Meanwhile Bleys pulls out another potion and adds it to his belt before folding up the hole. Both heavily armored men retrieve continual light stones from pockets and affix them to the tops of their helms. They have obviously dealt with darkness before.

Bleys telepathically says to Ultrose, OK my friend, time to see if there is anything invisible or evil out there. Remember, we are here to help remove a much greater possible evil. Sacrificing an opportunity to kill a few lesser evils so we can get the information we need is something that we will both have to bear.




[OOC: No idea what a continual light stone will do on the plane of shadows.]
  #71  
Unread 12th of February, 2008, 06:18
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
After preparations and rambling of different party members, you are transported via the Greater Teleport spell to the Shade's enclave that one of you have visited before. As you arrive at the destination, the lights from your magic items cease to illuminate your surroundings - including items that produce the effect of Continual Light. Those of you who have dark vision as your innate ability or magically infused on you via spells or potions find them likewise aid you no more. Visions via True Seeing do allow you to see your surrounding but in a fairly limiting manner.

The bright... the positive side of these adverse conditions, is that you know you are now at the right place if your multi-guised companion is to be trusted.

"I shall go ahead to scount the area a little bit, so that I can be familiar with it the next time we need to return here without relying on the knowledge of others. Tor, stay here with them and help them out if necessary." With that, Arel disappears into the darkness, leaving behind a fairly disgruntled Cleric.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.

Last edited by Darken; 12th of February, 2008 at 06:21.
  #72  
Unread 12th of February, 2008, 07:06
Thanos's Avatar
Thanos
Famine Spirit [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Member: #894
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,437 (0.66 per day)
"Well this pretty much sucks...."
  #73  
Unread 12th of February, 2008, 16:15
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.29 per day)
Mortals! How utterly infuriating they can be. Well, I definitely won't have to act the part where I'm irritated by them.

Dwana takes a few steps towards the enclave, throwing a curt "Stay here, mortals." over her shoulder. She looks completely at ease in this darkness and is quite grateful that she decided to use her precious scroll to allow her to see.

The Erinyes steels her gaze and addresses the darkness or the shades, whichever is present. "Greetings! I have returned to discuss a new item of business. Would you deal with me again, masters of shadows?"
  #74  
Unread 13th of February, 2008, 16:18
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
You do not see any Shades in your current field of True Seeing. After waiting for a fairly long time, you receive an response from within the darkness.

"You have returned... what business do you speak of this time?"
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #75  
Unread 14th of February, 2008, 05:53
Crazy Eben
Nightwing

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1480
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,406 (0.29 per day)
Dwana smiles in a properly fiendish way that is quite difficult to describe yet may easily creep out those who observe her and have weak stomachs. She attempts to address the darkness in its native language - Netherese. Should she find herself unable to speak the language of darkness, she will choose to use her own native tongue - Infernal. "Well met again. I was worried you had moved on. My apologies for bringing along others - my superiors thought it prudent for me to get some slaves as potential sacrifices and cheap support."

The devil idly fingers her longsword. "My superiors sent me back here because I had prior dealings with you. They have recently become interested in something those foolish mortals on Toril chase. Powerful magics, they say. I am told that a piece of these magics was acquired by a mortal man with celestial blood." She almost spits out the word celestial and follows it with a distasteful sneer.

"Another group attempted to slay that abomination on Toril, but the fools failed in their mission. I am sure their suffering will be rather extensive. Their task is now mine. I was chosen because of my skills and because I met you before. The interesting thing about this mortal is that he seemingly vanished without a trace whilst attempting to traverse the astral plane. The reason I am here is because some of the trackers identified a strange rift between the astral plane and the plane of shadow."

She pauses for effect. "While we know quite a bit about the astral plane, the plane of shadow is not exactly our domain. You are both the masters and experts here. Consequently, it seemed logical to seek you out and inquire if you happen to know anything about how this creature and its precious cargo vanished. In case you have no knowledge of the events that transpired, I would be interested in any insights you might be willing to share on how someone might have created such a rift and who would have been able to do it so precisely."

Last edited by Crazy Eben; 14th of February, 2008 at 15:30.
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 18:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren