Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Darken's Games > Rivalry

 
Thread Tools
  #26  
Unread 10th of December, 2005, 02:47
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
As he enters the Queen's meeting room, Cazio bows his head in deference. "Forgive my intrusion," he begins. "A few errant Thayans have holed up in my village, and they've made a few demands, among which is the release of their Zulkir who we captured."

Still looking frustrated at the whole situation, he says, "They seem to imply they only wish this message delivered, and that they will believe when it is done, they will leave. But considering that these are the Red Wizards, I assume you share my skepticism. I plan to return immediately to see to the wellbeing of the villagers once we are finished here, but if they're lying, I may not be able to get word out. I've already informed my ally Lashiman, but I felt it necessary to make sure you understood the situation as well."
  #27  
Unread 12th of December, 2005, 14:50
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
"Insolent fools!" Alassra stands up and curses. "Maybe I should pay a little visit to Thay and start some meaningless slaughter, and demand they release your friends?" She shakes her head and sits back down.

"They are not going to let you off that easy. If they want to deliver a message, they would just use magic. Chances are, what they are saying is, 'you, go bring our Zulkir back, or we start to kill your friends one by one."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #28  
Unread 13th of December, 2005, 02:16
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
Cazio nods. "I wouldn't put it past them. They've protected themselves well against my magic, but the same magic would do little against any aid I summoned from the outer planes.

"I also think they fail to see the precarious situation they place their Zulkir in through these actions," he continues. "You've already betrayed your anger to me at such an act within just a few moments of learning what's happened. If I were to report to the Red Wizards that they are placing their Zulkir in danger... do you believe we might be able to cow them?"
  #29  
Unread 13th of December, 2005, 03:24
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
"Hmm... now that I think about it, it would be rather moronic of them to do this. In a previous negotiation we have already established some grounds, and the Thayans, although evil, are certainly not stupid people. Why would they break a pact at this time? If anything, they could simply endure my one month test, and then renounce the agreement after they get their Zulkir back. It would appear that... some people at Thaymount is trying to get the Zulkir killed here without staining their own hands."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #30  
Unread 13th of December, 2005, 06:14
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
"Politics at the Thaymount are rarely clean," Cazio agrees. "But maybe we can use this to our advantage. We could use this as leverage with the Zulkir to extract more information from him, and if we could discern what Thaymount was truly after, we could feed them information that might be disconcerting to them."
  #31  
Unread 13th of December, 2005, 13:47
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
"I grow tired of these political trickery." The Queen scoffs and shakes her head again. "What do you suggest?"
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #32  
Unread 14th of December, 2005, 02:16
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
"I will return to my village," he says, "and insist that the Red Wizards leave immediately. If I am successful, I will send word immediately. If you do not hear from me before sundown, you'll know that the Red Wizards have held fast in my village, and I was unable to expell them."
  #33  
Unread 15th of December, 2005, 00:28
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
"I see. I cannot leave my people, but I will send someone that might be of help to your cause... I will need a description of a safe destination to Teleport to, and, if applicable, a time to do so if you have any preferences. Zulkir of Transmutation... if he has any enemies, I would guess it would be from the school of Conjurors and Abjurers. I trust that you can protect yourself accordingly?"
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #34  
Unread 15th of December, 2005, 01:06
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
Cazio nods. "The abjurers might prove difficult in their attempts to dismiss my summons, and the conjurers similarly might be troublesome with magically created affects which can pierce my protection. Still, I believe I can handle things if they go wrong. I hope our suspicions are ill-founded, but I have a bad feeling that they are not."
  #35  
Unread 15th of December, 2005, 02:55
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
"Which one of them isn't troublesome?" The Queen shrugs hopelessly. "Alright, You'd best return as soon as possible. I am afraid that I'll have to ask you to be a messenger for me as well. Tell them that you have deliver the message; the Queen mocks their ideas, believes, and values, and rejects their offer. In addition, she will now hold her prisoner indefinitely until each and every Zulkir comes in and willingly accept a permanent Gaes to abandon slavery."

She laughs, "Don't worry, the angrier they are, the easier it is for them to make mistakes. Now then, where should the help I am sending Teleport to? Oh right... one word of caution. This help I am referring to is actually Red Wizard, so do not be alarmed. I don't think we have time for stories right now, but if you are interested, come see me later or ask him yourself."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #36  
Unread 15th of December, 2005, 03:14
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
"I understand." He quickly describes the area just outside of his temple, giving the painstaking detail that only someone who oversaw and helped in its construction could give. "The inside is protected from more moderate divinations, but the outside should be viewable easily enough." Cazio bows and adds, "And I will deliver your message. The Lady willing, the Red Wizards will be out of my village by nightfall."

He begins to take his leave before he stops and turns back to the queen. "I nearly forgot." He reaches to retrieve his notes from his pack, then hands them to Alassra. "I've been working to develop a spell to create a demiplane adjacent to Toril in the Astral. While I doubt this is what they came for, I worry about any such advantage falling into the hands of the Thayans. Hold it for me. That way, even if I fail, the Red Wizards will gain that much less."

He bows again, then hurries back through his portal to return to the Red Wizards to finish this ugly business.
  #37  
Unread 15th of December, 2005, 04:14
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
You step through the portal and return to your room. Slowly advancing downstairs, you are relieved to see no more innocent people had been murderred, but the situation is tense as before.

"Ah, the priest has returned! Such efficiency. I trust that you bring good news?"
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #38  
Unread 17th of December, 2005, 10:22
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
Cazio strides down the stairs. "I bring news that I consider good, but I sincerely doubt you shall." He clears his throat. "The Queen instructed me to tell you that she mocks your ideas, beliefs, and values, and that she rejects your offer. In addition, she will now hold her prisoner indefinitely until each and every Zulkir comes in and willingly accept a permanent Gaes to abandon slavery.

"Now I'll be happy to escort you gentlemen out so that you can deliver this message personally to your leaders."
  #39  
Unread 17th of December, 2005, 14:26
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
"That is... most unfortunate. I am afraid I must ask you to try harder, Mr. Ermenegildo." The Red Wizard shakes his head. "Allow me to clarify our previous request: we wish for you to convience the Queen. If you don't mind, please make another trip. You are a resourceful and wise man, you must know some means of changing her mind."

The other Red Wizard steps forward and shouts loudly as before. "Enough the sweet talks! You, priest, return the Zulkir to us somehow. I don't care how, but every hour... no, every ten minutes, I am going to go out and kill someone. If you so much as try something funny against us, your student or whatever here is dead. Am I making myself clear?"
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #40  
Unread 18th of December, 2005, 02:11
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
Striding forward, Cazio shakes his head. "I don't believe that you want to do that," he says calmly. "Firstly, Thay expended a prolific amount of resources in what became a futile attempt to seize the Mythal in the Wastes, and you took horrendous losses. Meanwhile, my allies in the north and the Queen's forces are still in strong. In addition, such an intrusion would be considered an act of war under nearly every soveriegn state's laws of conduct. Are you sure that the Thaymount would approve of starting a war that it cannot win right now? That would not be a decision that I would choose to make for my superiors."

[Diplomacy Check: +24]
  #41  
Unread 20th of December, 2005, 00:40
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
"Be that as it may, let it be known that you will be responsible for the death of many. Allow it to put it boldly: unlike you or the Queen, we are not afraid to resort to dirty tricks to get what we want. Can you afford a war of attrition like this?"
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #42  
Unread 20th of December, 2005, 01:46
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
Trying to ignore the pang of guilt in his heart, Cazio replies, "Someone who asks only for peace doesn't share the blood staining the hands of murderers." He raises his hand and points to the door. "Now go before I change my mind about letting you deliver the Queen's message alive."

[OOC: Ready action to throw up an anti-magic field if either of the Red Wizards start casting.]
  #43  
Unread 20th of December, 2005, 06:19
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
The Red Wizard who shouted calms his rage and returns behind the first Red Wizard, who shakes his head and sighs. "I don't want to sound arrogant, but if we wish to leave unharmed, we will leave unharmed. The Queen's message will certainly be delivered, but that would be after we settle the deal here... last chance, Mr. Ermenegildo." The Red Wizard gives a nod to the Thayan Knight holding your acolyte captive, who promptly draws a longsword and places it no more than a couple of inches away from the poor acolyte's throat. "Would this be sufficient proof that we are serious? Or do you really wish to see cold-blooded murders one after another? We do offer peace, but you are making that option less and less viable."
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #44  
Unread 20th of December, 2005, 07:00
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
Cazio considers their offer for only a moment before he pronouncs a single, crystal-clear word in a flowing, melodic language:

"Cal'maithium."

Speaking the single word of pure goodness in the Celestial tongue, Cazio unleashes a deadly assault on the souls of the Red Wizards and their minions.

[OOC: Divine spellpower to boost Cazio's caster level for a holy word to help make sure it hurts the Red Wizards and to help punch through spell resistance.]
  #45  
Unread 21st of December, 2005, 09:54
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
Upon hearing your holy word the two Thayan Knight falls to the ground. They do not appear to be dead, but neither can they move for several minutes. Your acolyte quickly leaps away from his bind and runs to your side. The two Thayan are in slightly better conditions, both blinded and deafened by the will of good.

"Bad move, priest." The Wizard in front says in an odd voice, mostly due to its sudden deafness. He incants an Arcane word and an arc of lightning springs towards you. You narrowly dodges it but still receive the static shock nearby (26 damage); the lightening quickly turns towards the acolyte who just escaped the Thayan Knight's grasp. He promptly falls down, most likely dead. The other Thayan Wizard watches you closely and holds his actions.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #46  
Unread 21st of December, 2005, 11:05
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
Cazio steps calmly backwards, away from the wizards as he intones another spell.

"High Lady of Magic, smother these fiends with the blood on their hands!"

An burst of bright green goo floods the area where the red wizards stand.

[OOC: Slime wave on the Red Wizards, trying to avoid hitting anyone else in the area if possible. If Syvenin is in the area, transform into ball form and begin pelting the Red Wizards with light beams for 2d8 points of damage at each one, then fly towards the roof of the temple to take advantage of the Red Wizards' blindness.]
  #47  
Unread 21st of December, 2005, 13:27
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
As you begin to incant another spell, the Red Wizard at the back incants as well, issuing forth a wave of disruptive energy <Spellcraft: Dispel Magic, Greater>. His spell fails to affect your spellcasting, and waves of green slime splash against the Red Wizards and the downed Knights. Both Wizards fail the attempt to avoid the goo and cries out in pain as your Celestial companion strike them with energy rays.

"No spells higher than sixth order? Lies, all lies!" The Red Wizard shouts in frustration and touches his companions as incants <Spellcraft: Teleport>, and all of them disappear.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #48  
Unread 24th of December, 2005, 05:57
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
Finally finished the fight, Cazio slumps over the pew for just a moment before he rights himself.

"Syvenin, could you care for anyone wounded out in the village? I need to see to Dirion here," he says, hurrying over to see if his actions did indeed cost his young accolye his life, or if he can yet be saved by conventional healing.
  #49  
Unread 29th of December, 2005, 00:30
Darken's Avatar
Darken
Mohrg [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1476
Posts: 967 (0.20 per day)
Unfortunately, the acolyte is indeed dead, with half of his body blackened by the lightening strike.
__________________
Darken

Light, is the lack of darkness.
  #50  
Unread 30th of December, 2005, 04:25
Jackelope King's Avatar
Jackelope King
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1487
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 178 (0.04 per day)
Cazio curses. Loudly.

It was my rashness that cost Dirion his life. I'll need to see to it that he is returned to life immediately. But first I need to make absolutely certain that Alassra and Lashiman know that the situation has resolved itself, even if only temporarily. Looking at up at the cieling of his temple, which now doesn't seem nearly as safe as it once was, he sighs. I'd hoped that I could hide here, be left to my studies, and maybe make the lives of these villagers a little better. That was too much to hope for. I'll need to leave here so these people are no longer in danger from my presence.

He grimmaces, considering the work ahead of him, then trudges upstairs to his mirror to travel back to the Queen and to Lashiman to ensure that they know the danger has passed for now before he returns to raise his accolyte from the dead.
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 14:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren