Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > crueldespot's Games > Jiangu!

 
Thread Tools
  #151  
Unread 7th of September, 2007, 00:01
Boomlaor's Avatar
Boomlaor
Devourer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1478
Location: St. George, UT
Posts: 1,151 (0.26 per day)
Takeshi gets several berries out of a belt pouch which he had picked up along the way earlier. He hands one to each member of the group.

"These will taste a bit better than our rations, and they don't need to be heated up. They'll also help with our saddle sores."

That done, he begins setting up in the space he had indicated earlier, off the nave, adjusting furniture and curtains so that the area within the space is not readily visible from the entrance of the cathedral, but leaving some spaces through which the group can keep watch.
  #152  
Unread 7th of September, 2007, 04:07
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.38 per day)
"So, anybody up for a game of Sava?"
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #153  
Unread 7th of September, 2007, 13:04
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
6:32 Termix and Nimdor Keep Watch

Jiangu! Chapter Jiangu! Chapter 6:32 Termix and Nimdor Keep Watch


Their stomachs filled by the magical berries, the others try to get some sleep while Termix and Nimdor keep watch. Once the sunset is complete, the darkness in the cathedral is total. Termix and Nimdor cannot even see their hands in front of their faces. They can only orient themselves by feeling with their hands like blind men.

Soon after, Termix and Nimdor hear sinister howls. They sound like war cries, in deep masculine voices. There are several voices in a group. At first the howls are very faint, but they gradually get louder. They are coming from the direction fo the front of the cathedral- the direction of the palace.
  #154  
Unread 7th of September, 2007, 13:10
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.38 per day)
"Termix, wake the others, I'll try to take a look. They may have lights."
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #155  
Unread 7th of September, 2007, 14:29
Boomlaor's Avatar
Boomlaor
Devourer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1478
Location: St. George, UT
Posts: 1,151 (0.26 per day)
Takeshi feels as though his head has only just laid down when he is awakened. He shudders as he hears the howling, and can't help but feel that he heard similar howling on the night the emperor dissappeared. He racks his brain, trying to identify the howling as he follows Nimdor to get a glimpse of what's going on.

ooc:
appropriate knowledge check.
  #156  
Unread 7th of September, 2007, 19:31
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
The sound of the howling brings back a flood of memories for Takeshi. He heard it behind him as he swam across the river to flee the province. It is undoubtably the spirits of Angara Mainu.
  #157  
Unread 8th of September, 2007, 07:34
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.22 per day)
Awakened by Termix, Fugen hears the howling and starts looking for enemies. Once he hears Takeshi's explination of the source, however, he realize that this isn't something that they can fight.

I guess it is time to see how well the protections on the cathedral are holding up, and if they fail, how well our own personal protections will fair.

Sitting calmly (or at least, as calmly as some one hearing the disembodied howling of evil haunting spirits can sit) Fugen waits to see if anything more physical will accompany the howling before turning back to bed if nothing comes up.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #158  
Unread 8th of September, 2007, 08:27
Boomlaor's Avatar
Boomlaor
Devourer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1478
Location: St. George, UT
Posts: 1,151 (0.26 per day)
"Soon, it seems, we may find out just how strong the protection of the Five Martyrs is."
  #159  
Unread 8th of September, 2007, 13:54
Canter_shadow's Avatar
Canter_shadow
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Member: #2127
Posts: 232 (0.06 per day)
"The spells will hold. They've held this long."
__________________
How could'st thou say I did it? Never shake thy gory locks at me.
  #160  
Unread 8th of September, 2007, 15:15
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
Flarrgj wakes quickly and quietly, sword coming quickly to his hand. He looks unnerved by the thaught of something his sword cannot effect.
  #161  
Unread 8th of September, 2007, 16:35
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
6:33 The Howls of the Spirits

Jiangu! Chapter 6:33 The Howls of the Spirits

As the howls awaken the rest of the heroes, they find themselves disoriented in the total darkness. Even Kierna is almost blind in this environment. The starlight reveals to her the shapes of the stained-glass windows, which allows her to orient herself somewhat, but the interior of the cathedral is total darkness to her. For the others there is only blackness. They do not see Flarrgj draw his sword: They only hear the scrape of metal. They get a sense of where their companions are sitting from their voices. They hear whinnies from their horses tethered inside the cathedral, and they hear the strike of horseshoes as one of them rears.

Meanwhile the sinister howls of the spirits grow louder.
  #162  
Unread 11th of September, 2007, 07:49
trendel's Avatar
trendel
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1482
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 395 (0.09 per day)
"Try to calm the horses..", Gizerak whispers to no one in particular.
__________________
Je porte mon fromage dans mon slip.

---It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.---
  #163  
Unread 11th of September, 2007, 16:58
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
6:34 The Dawn

Jiangu! Chapter 6:34 The Dawn

Despite Nimdor's earlier hope that someone may have a light source, nobody actually lights one. Instead they remain in the dark. The moaning of the spirits does not get any louder, and soon begins to fade way to the right as the spirits pass the cathedral and continue downhill. The spirits seem to be unaware that the heroes are in the sanctuary. Those heroes that are not on sentry duty soon fall back asleep.

A few hours later the moon rises, providing a little more illumination through the stained glass windows of the Cathedral. Those on guard shift can at least see the glow through the windows, and the shapes of the furniture nearby and their sleeping comrades.

On the last guard shift, the sound of the spirits comes again, this time from the right as they ascend the mountain. They pass the cathedral again on their way back to the palace, and the sound fades away to the left. Less than half an hour later, the first rays of sunlight appear through the window as dawn breaks. It is now the 21st morning of Midsummer.



OOC:
This is the end of scene 1. Click here to begin scene 2.
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 18:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren