Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > crueldespot's Games > Jiangu!

 
Thread Tools
  #51  
Unread 28th of November, 2006, 14:56
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
5:8 Battle Round 1

JIANGU! Chapter 5, Scene 5:8 Battle Round 1

The heroes complete their initial preparations for battle. Kierna draws the first blood of the engagement with an arrow that neatly pierces the shoulder of the enemy leader.

Immediately thereafter, the enemy leader commands “Attack!” and they ride forward. Those with crossbows ride forward at a gradual pace so that they can still aim their weapons. They fire a volley of shots, all aimed at the golem. Two bolts miss and two glace off of the golem. The leader and four of the warriors begin a charge down towards the henchmen at full speed. In a flash they have almost closed the distance between them.



OOC:
Almost every player posted actions that take more than one standard action, to complete, but the party won initiative, so I just applied the rest of the actions to round 1.
5,5:8 (1d20=7, 1d20=9, 1d20=14, 1d20=19, 1d20=18, 1d20=14, 1d20=18, 1d20=19, 1d20=7, 1d20=20, 1d20=16, 1d20=8, 1d20=7, 1d20=18, 1d20=2, 1d20=13, 1d20=1, 1d20=10, 1d20=9, 1d20=16, 1d20=13, 1d20=6, 1d20=2, 1d20=14, 1d20=10, 1d20=12, 1d20=5, 1d20=19, 1d20=17, 1d20=18, 1d20=5, 1d20=6, 1d20=8, 1d20=10, 1d20=19, 1d20=16, 1d20=8, 1d20=4, 1d20=17, 1d20=4)

Surprise Round
Kierna attempts fast dismount. Rolls 7+6=13. Fails. Dismounts as a move action.
Termix draws his crossbow.
Nimdor rides his horse over to a bush that could provide cover. Rolls 9+mods to fast dismount. Fails. Must wait for next round to dismount.
Flarrgj draws sword and uses spot vs enemies. Rolls 14+mods (-17 for distance). Doesn’t see anything useful.
Fugen rides in front.
Gizerak dismounts.

First round of combat.
Unmodified initiative rolls: Fugen 19, Flarrgj 18, Gizerak 14, Kierna 18, Linus 19, Nimdor 7, Termix 20, Enemy leader 16, Enemy scout 8, Enemy warriors 7.

25 Termix 20W/0N 18hp. Termix loads crossbow.
22 Kierna 0E/0N 29hp. Draws bow and fires at leader. Hits with 18+ mods inc range. 7 pts of damage.
22 Linus 0E/10S 12hp.
22 Fugen 20E/0N 16hp. Drinks potion of mage armor.
20 Gizerak 0E/5S 16hp. Casts bless.
18 Flarrgj 0E/10N 41hp. Readies action to attack(?)
12 Nimdor 0E/45S 9hp. (Initiative bumped up). Dismounts as a move action and hides behind bush, gaining concealment.
11 Enemy Leader 70E/0N (initiative bumped down). 7 pts of arrow damage from Kierna in round 1. Double move.
10 Enemy Scout 110E/20S. Single move and shoot crossbow. 2 + mods.
07 Enemy Warrior 1 110E/80N (battleaxe). Single move and shoot crossbow. 13 +mods.
07 Enemy Warrior 2 170E/60N (Morningstar). Single move and shoot crossbow. 1+mods.
07 Enemy Warrior 3 50E/40N (flail) Double move.
07 Enemy Warrior 4 50E/20N (warhammer) Double move.
07 Enemy Warrionr 5 50E/40S (lance) Double move.
07 Enemy Warrior 6 110E/60S (battleaxe). Single move and shoot crossbow. 10+mods.
07 Enemy Warrior 7 50E/80S (lance). Double move.

Round 2:
All of the heroes can act first.
  #52  
Unread 28th of November, 2006, 17:11
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
Flarrgj prepares to charge down the leader as soon as he comes within range.

((OOC: Full defence.))

Last edited by Exarzun; 29th of November, 2006 at 16:10.
  #53  
Unread 29th of November, 2006, 04:57
trendel's Avatar
trendel
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1482
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 395 (0.09 per day)
Hoping that he won't have need to call on the Four Royals for healing, Gizerak draws his crossbow and fires at the oncoming attackers.

OOC: draw crossbow and fire at leader.
__________________
Je porte mon fromage dans mon slip.

---It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.---
  #54  
Unread 29th of November, 2006, 05:48
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.22 per day)
They obviously consider the golem to be the biggest threat, Fugen observes when all the bolts fly towards it, That would be the case, were we allowed to let the golem fight. With the risk of it going beserk, however, we dare not let it.

Measuring the angles, Fugen shifts to block as much of the archer's line of sight on the golem as he and Fig can provide given the distance and the golem's size.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #55  
Unread 29th of November, 2006, 10:07
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.38 per day)
Nimdor continues to hide and readies his dagger for throwing, hoping to be useful in a fight for once. I'm not a fighter, I know it. But maybe, just maybe, I can aid my companions here. Let's see, who shall be my victim?

<OOC: Ready action to throw a dagger at the first enemy to come within 10 feet as a sneak attack. Continue hiding.>
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #56  
Unread 29th of November, 2006, 13:48
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.39 per day)
Close enough now....But who to shoot....

After an ever so slight moment of thought, Termix mutters a few cryptic words, and points his hand at the leader. Two bolts fly out, weave their way through the enemy, and strike the man that is obviously in command.

OOC: Cast magic missle at leader.

Spells Prepared
0 Level - Ray of Frost, Light x2, Disrupt Undead
1 Level - Magic Missle x2(1 cast), Enlarge Person, and Burning Hands/bonus

2 Level - Levitate, Summon Monster II, Scorching Ray/bonus
__________________
Minion of Doom
Owner of a Benicus Man-Card, an akiko kumquat, an Illusioned Anori Hilt Badge, a zachol iced green tea, and a Link Deku Leaf.
Situation: Normal
  #57  
Unread 29th of November, 2006, 15:23
treehouse's Avatar
treehouse
Evolved Ulgurstasta [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1471
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 7,114 (1.60 per day)
Kierna turns her bow sideways, grasping two more fletchings from her quiver and setting them loose on the leader almost at the same time.

"Flarrgj? That lance is looking a bit sharper at this distance..."

[Rapid Shot at leader, +8/+8 to hit, d8+7/x3 damage. If within Point Blank Shot, +9/+9 to hit, d8+8/x3 damage. I am figuring the favored enemy +4 vs. humans bonus here, so if the leader isn't human subtract 4 from the given damage modifier]

Last edited by treehouse; 30th of November, 2006 at 00:19.
  #58  
Unread 29th of November, 2006, 16:09
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
Flarrgj grins at the elf, obviusly rellishing the prospect of the battle.

"Yes, but my sword is sharper, and when my sword chops through his lance i will be the one with the sharp object!"
  #59  
Unread 30th of November, 2006, 13:50
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
5:9 Battle Round 2

JIANGU! Chapter 5, Scene 5:9 Battle Round 2

The pursuers race down the slope. The crossbowmen stay towards the rear, reloading and firing again, but they all miss.

Termix hits the leader with his magic missiles. Gizerak’s crossbow bolt misses. Kierna puts two arrows into the leader. Still he charges forward. Flarrgj intercepts him and cuts him deeply with his new sword. The leader impales Flarrgj, inflicting a grievous wound.

Two other riders bear down on Flarrgj, One of them batters him with a warhammer.

Two lancers charge directly at Fugen. Both of their lances are magically deflected, thanks to the potion that Fugen just drank.



OOC:
5,5:9 (1d20=12, 1d20=9, 1d20=5, 1d20=13, 1d20=7, 1d20=4, 1d20=4, 1d20=7, 1d20=1, 1d20=15, 1d20=13, 1d20=18, 1d20=11, 1d20=18, 1d20=4, 1d20=15, 1d20=10, 1d20=1, 1d20=7, 1d20=10, 1d20=3, 1d20=20, 1d20=18, 1d20=6, 1d20=12, 1d20=6, 1d20=11, 1d20=14, 1d20=14, 1d20=10, 1d20=3, 1d20=7, 1d20=13, 1d20=20, 1d20=1, 1d20=5, 1d20=13, 1d20=8, 1d20=7, 1d20=2)

Round 2
25 Termix 20W/0N 18hp. Blessed since round 1. Casts magic missile 6 pts of damage.
22 Kierna 0E/0N 29hp. Blessed since round 1. Shoots enemy leader. 12 & 9+ mods both hit. 8 & 4 pts of damage.
22 Linus 0E/10S 12hp. Blessed since round 1.
22 Fugen 20E/0N 16hp. Blessed since round 1. Already in front of the golem, but will provide better cover once the enemies descend the hill so they can’t shoot over him.
20 Gizerak 0E/5S 16hp. Blessed since round 1. Fires crossbow. Misses with 5+mods.
18 Flarrgj 35E/10N 14hp. Blessed since round 1. Readies action. You can’t take total defense with a readied action. I will assume you mean fighting defensively (+2 ac, -4 to hit)
12 Nimdor 0E/45S 9hp. Blessed since round 1. Has concealment. Note that the enemies saw him get behind the bush and know he’s there, so he can’t sneak attack. Concealment affects only their chance to hit him.
11 Enemy Leader 45E/0N. Took 7 pts of arrow damage from Kierna in round 1, 6 pts of magic missile from Termix in round 2, and 12 pts of arrows from Kierna in round 2. Charges forward, triggering Flarrgj’s readied action. Flarrgj charges and hits with 13+mods. 9 pts of damage to enemy leader.Enemy leader attacks Flarrgj with 7+mods. Hits Flarrgj for 18 pts of damage.
10 Enemy Scout 50E/20S. Moves forward and shoots at Flarrgj. Misses with a 4+mods.
07 Enemy Warrior 1 50E/75N (battleaxe). Rides forward, reloading, and shoots crossbow. Misses with 4+mods.
07 Enemy Warrior 2 50E/55N (Morningstar). Rides forward, reloading, and shoots crossbow. Misses with 7+mods.
07 Enemy Warrior 3 35E/20N (flail) Charges Flarrgj. Misses with natural 1.
07 Enemy Warrior 4 45E/10N (warhammer). Charges Flarrgj. Hits with 15+mods. 7 pts of damage.
07 Enemy Warrionr 5 25E/10S (lance) Charges Fugen. Misses with 13+mods.
07 Enemy Warrior 6 50E/60S (battleaxe) Moves, reloading, and shoots at golem. Misses with 18+mods.
07 Enemy Warrior 7 15E/10S (lance) Charges Fugen and misses with 11+mods.


Last edited by crueldespot; 1st of December, 2006 at 08:23.
  #60  
Unread 1st of December, 2006, 07:33
trendel's Avatar
trendel
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1482
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 395 (0.09 per day)
Firing once more at the apparent leader of the troupe of horsemen, the halfling cleric says a prayer, hoping that his shot will fly true.

OOC: shoot at the leader.


Spells currently prepared:
0th: Detect Magic, Light, Mending, Read Magic, Resistance
1st: Bless, Doom, Obscuring Mist (Domain: Burning Hands)
2nd: Hold Person, Summon Monster II (Domain: Produce Flame)
__________________
Je porte mon fromage dans mon slip.

---It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.---
  #61  
Unread 1st of December, 2006, 07:48
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.39 per day)
"Stay right there," Termix says to the golem. Glad its not hurt.... He thinks, riding to a better position to get off two rays of heat, directed at the unharmed scout. The mage isn't even sure anyone else notices him, what with all the comotion of the others...

OOC: Instruct golem as a free action. Move to 10-15 N/15-20 E. Cast scorching ray at scout.
__________________
Minion of Doom
Owner of a Benicus Man-Card, an akiko kumquat, an Illusioned Anori Hilt Badge, a zachol iced green tea, and a Link Deku Leaf.
Situation: Normal
  #62  
Unread 1st of December, 2006, 09:48
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
Flarrgj, now in the heat of battle continues to swing at the leader with his everpreasent strength.
  #63  
Unread 1st of December, 2006, 14:30
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.22 per day)
Minimizing his movement so as to continue to provide substantial cover for the golem from the archers, Fugen hits the closer lancer, hoping to knock him from his horse.

[OOC: Fig steps 5' forward. Fugen attacks adjacent lancer, attempting to stun on the first attack (DC 15).

If I can, the dice rolls:
Initial attacks: 15 and 7
Confirmation rolls (for rolls of 21 above): 13 and 15
Damage: 7 and 6
Additional Critical Damage (if needed): 7 and 3

If you don't want me rolling dice like this, let me know and I'll stop. I just wanted to use the new dice roller that Leechees was so kind as to code. Since I don't know the lancer's Fort save modifier, I can't include that roll.]
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #64  
Unread 4th of December, 2006, 11:34
treehouse's Avatar
treehouse
Evolved Ulgurstasta [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1471
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 7,114 (1.60 per day)
Kierna narrows her focus on the leader, hoping to put him out of the fight and demoralize his lessers into retreat with two more well-placed arrows.

[Rapid Shot at leader, +8/+8 to hit, d8+7/x3 damage. Remember to edit the damage done in the previous round to account for the favored enemy bonus (+4)]
  #65  
Unread 4th of December, 2006, 12:12
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
5:10 Battle Round 3

JIANGU! Chapter 5, Scene 5:10 Battle Round 3

The two forces having now collided on the battlefield, a fierce exchange of blows and shots inflicts one casualty on either side.

A barrage of arrows and crossbow bolts incapacitates the enemy leader, who Flarrgj then beheads. This enrages the mounted enemies nearby. They spur their horses to rear up and maul Flarrgj with hooves and teeth. Flarrgj somehow remains conscious even though his skull is staved in by repeated battering. He is disabled but remains in the saddle, bleeding steadily.

“Stop shooting at the giant!” commands the scout, now taking control after his boss was beheaded. “Focus on the messenger!” The scout and the other crossbowmen stop wasting shots at the golem and converge towards Fugen, but none of their arrows hit him. He does not even need to use his ability to deflect missiles.

Fugen closes with one of the lancers that have assaulted him. He stuns one with his fist. The other stabs at him with his lance. It is a well-aimed blow, but Fugen is protected by a blessing and a magic potion. He is unharmed.



OOC:
5,5:10 (1d20=3, 1d20=16, 1d20=5, 1d20=2, 1d20=6, 1d20=19, 1d20=3, 1d20=10, 1d20=3, 1d20=9, 1d20=11, 1d20=7, 1d20=15, 1d20=17, 1d20=7, 1d20=16, 1d20=11, 1d20=1, 1d20=14, 1d20=10, 1d20=13, 1d20=15, 1d20=9, 1d20=1, 1d20=3, 1d20=17, 1d20=4, 1d20=12, 1d20=10, 1d20=10, 1d20=15, 1d20=4, 1d20=19, 1d20=8, 1d20=14, 1d20=16, 1d20=6, 1d20=17, 1d20=17, 1d20=17)

Round 3
25 Termix 20W/0N 18hp. Blessed since round 1. Casts scorching ray at enemy scout. Misses with 3+mods inc. cover.
22 Kierna 0E/0N 29hp. Blessed since round 1. Shoots at the enemy leader (assumption). Hits with 16+mods inc –4 cover from Fugen. Misses with second shot (5+mods). 14 more pts of damage to enemy leader. Enemy leader rolls %06, staying in saddle.
22 Linus 0E/10S 12hp. Blessed since round 1.
22 Fugen 15E/0N 16hp. Blessed since round 1. Moves 5’ and attacks. I am using BP’s rolls, but I must also add a roll to guide with knees. 2+mods beats DC of 5. Using BP’s rolls, first attack hits with 15+mods. Second misses with 7+mods. 7 pts. of damage. Enemy warrior 5 fails save vs stn with 4.
20 Gizerak 0E/5S 16hp. Blessed since round 1. 19 to hit enemy leader. Hits. Fails to confirm 3+mods. Damage= 4
12 Nimdor 0E/45S 9hp. Blessed since round 1. Has concealment.
11 Flarrgj 35E/10N Negative 2hp. Conscious but disabled (thanks to diehard feat) and bleeding in saddle. Blessed since round 1. Rolls 10+mods to guide with knees. Rolls 3+mods to hit enemy leader. Hits. 6 pts of damage.
11 Enemy Leader 45E/0N. Dead in saddle. Took 7 pts of arrow damage from Kierna in round 1, 6 pts of magic missile from Termix in round 2, 18 pts of arrows from Kierna in round 2, and 9 pts from Flarrgj in round 2. 14 pts from Kierna, 4 pts from Gizerak, and 6 pts from Flarrgj in round 3.
10 Enemy Scout 45E/20S. Moves 5 ft, reloads and shoot crossbow at Fugen with 9+mods. Misses.
07 Enemy Warrior 1 30E/30N (battleaxe, x). Moves and Shoots at Fugen. Misses with 11+mods inc shooting into melee
07 Enemy Warrior 2 50E/55N (Morningstar, x). Moves and shoots at Fugen. Misses with 7+mods.
07 Enemy Warrior 3 35E/20N (flail). Rolls 15+mods to handle animal. Orders horse to attack Flarrgj. Horse attacks with 17, 7, & 16. Flarrgj gets a hoof and a bite for 10 pts of damage.
07 Enemy Warrior 4 45E/10N (warhammer). Handles animal. 11+mods. Succeeds. Horse attacks Flarrgj. Horse rolls 1, 14, 10. Only the second hoof hits (despite Flarrgj’s blessing and defensive fighting) for 6 pts of damage. Flarrgj stays in saddle with 14% roll.
07 Enemy Warrior 5 25E/10S (lance). 7 pts and stunned by Fugen in rnd 3.
07 Enemy Warrior 6 40E/10S (battleaxe x), Moves and reloads. Shoots at Fugen. Misses with 13+mods inc. shooting into melee.
07 Enemy Warrior 7 15E/10S (lance) Lances Fugen with 15+mods. Misses due to mage armor and blessing.



EDIT: Changed to reflect Flarrgj's die hard feat.

Last edited by crueldespot; 4th of December, 2006 at 19:53.
  #66  
Unread 4th of December, 2006, 12:41
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
Flarrgj, bleading more heavily than should be possible from the abuse layed on him by the other riders, retreats backwards towards his companions, hoping to get healed, healing his steed around to face his aponents once he's drawn even with his companions.

((OOC: Withdraw (full round action, does not provoke AoO) 30' west))
  #67  
Unread 4th of December, 2006, 12:46
treehouse's Avatar
treehouse
Evolved Ulgurstasta [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1471
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 7,114 (1.60 per day)
Kierna shouts, "Hey, don't shoot the messenger!" and aims for the scout. She plans to move down their chain of command as quickly as possible if they are too foolish to run, saving their horses for last.

[Rapid Shot at scout, +8/+8 to hit, d8+7/x3 damage.]
  #68  
Unread 4th of December, 2006, 12:47
Linklegacy77's Avatar
Linklegacy77
Spectral Savant of the Aether. [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Member: #1662
Location: United States
Posts: 5,944 (1.38 per day)
Nimdor remains ready to go, holding his dagger.

<OOC: Ready action to attack an enemy that comes within 20 feet with a thrown dagger>
__________________
2013 Avatar of the Year Winner
  #69  
Unread 4th of December, 2006, 15:01
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.22 per day)
Now the focus of the missile fire, as he'd originally intended, Fugen grins as the crossbow bolts fly by harmlessly. Nudging Fig in the ribs slightly, Fugen has him step to the side slightly and tries to repeat the performance on the second lancer that he just completed on the first one.

[OOC: Fig 5' steps down. Fugen attacks other lancer, attempting to stun on the first attack.

Initial attacks: 18 and 6
Confirmation rolls (for rolls of 21 above): 6 and 2
Damage: 4 and 6
Additional Critical Damage (if needed): 5 and 8

]
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #70  
Unread 5th of December, 2006, 03:45
trendel's Avatar
trendel
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1482
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 395 (0.09 per day)
Moving closer to the bleeding Flaargj, Gizerak again takes aim with his crossbow, hoping to take down another of the riders.

OOC: Move to 10N/15E, and shoot warrior 3.

Hopefully Flaargj can get over here in time for me to heal him
__________________
Je porte mon fromage dans mon slip.

---It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.---
  #71  
Unread 5th of December, 2006, 08:11
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.39 per day)
Seeing Flarrgj in trouble, and trying to retreat, Termix steps slightly foward with his mount. He fires his crossbow, trying to help end this fight.. The mage is hoping to hold out just long enough for the barbarian to get back into the fight.

Can't waste too much more magic....This battle has already been expensive in that sense...

[OOC: 5 foot step East. Fire crossbow at warrior 6.]
__________________
Minion of Doom
Owner of a Benicus Man-Card, an akiko kumquat, an Illusioned Anori Hilt Badge, a zachol iced green tea, and a Link Deku Leaf.
Situation: Normal

Last edited by generaljimX; 7th of December, 2006 at 08:15.
  #72  
Unread 6th of December, 2006, 12:05
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
5:11 Battle Round 4

JIANGU! Chapter 5, Scene 5:11 Battle Round 4

Termix rides boldly forward and fires his crossbow, but misses.

Kierna shoots the enemy scout, grievously wounding him.

Fugen strikes at one of the lancers, but to no effect.

Gizerak rides up towards Flarrgj and shoots one of his assailants, but only scratches the foe.

Flarrgj withdraws, but cannot avoid all of the opponents surrounding him. One brings a flail across his back, piercing his armor and flesh, knocking out what little wind he still has. Flarrgj is on the edge of death.

The enemy horsemen descend on Fugen. Only one shoots at him. The other crossbowmen stow their crossbows and draw hand weapons, or ride forward and order their horses to attack. Fugen deftly avoids their blows.

It is so crowded around Fugen that all of the enemy horsemen cannot fit. The warrior that struck Flarrgj settles for Termix instead, since the wizard is now in front. He raps Termix with his flail, and his horse mauls him as well. Termix takes a severe beating.



OOC:
5,5:11 (1d20=8, 1d20=1, 1d20=18, 1d20=7, 1d20=15, 1d20=17, 1d20=19, 1d20=4, 1d20=17, 1d20=5, 1d20=13, 1d20=17, 1d20=7, 1d20=1, 1d20=5, 1d20=3, 1d20=3, 1d20=17, 1d20=15, 1d20=2, 1d20=9, 1d20=14, 1d20=12, 1d20=4, 1d20=9, 1d20=10, 1d20=11, 1d20=4, 1d20=18, 1d20=5, 1d20=1, 1d20=8, 1d20=16, 1d20=1, 1d20=15, 1d20=2, 1d20=10, 1d20=2, 1d20=17, 1d20=13)

Round 4
25 Termix 15W/10N 4hp. Blessed since round 1. Steps and attacks. Misses with 8+mods.
22 Kierna 0E/0N 29hp. Blessed since round 1. Misses with a 1. Hits with 18+mods inc. –4 cover. 15 pts of damage.
22 Linus 0E/10S 12hp. Blessed since round 1.
22 Fugen 15E/5S 16hp. Blessed since round 1. Horse steps. Fugen attacks. 7+mods. Misses.
20 Gizerak 15E/10N 16hp. Blessed since round 1. Moves and shoots. Hits with 15+mods for 1 pt of damage against warror 3.
12 Nimdor 0E/45S 9hp. Blessed since round 1. Has concealment.
11 Flarrgj 35E/10N Negative 9hp. Fails to stabilize with 17+mods. Enemy warrior 3 AtOs with a 19+mods when he leaves 15N/30E (withdraw only protects vs. AtOs for the first 5ft of movement). 6 pts of damage. Flarrgj is at minus 9.
11 Enemy Leader 45E/0N. Dead in saddle.
10 Enemy Scout 45E/20S. 15 pts of damage from Kierna in round 4. Full defense.
07 Enemy Warrior 1 40E/20N (battleaxe, x). Shoots at Fugen. Misses with 4+mods inc firing into melee.
07 Enemy Warrior 2 10E/25N (Morningstar). Stows crossbow and draws Morningstar.
07 Enemy Warrior 3 30E/15N (flail). 1 pt of damage from Gizerak in round 4. .Moves 5’ south and attacks Termix with horse. Horse hits Fugen with 17+mods misses with hoof, hits with bite. 5&4 pts of damge. Warrior rolls 17+mods to fight with warhorse. Hits with Flail for 5 pts. 14 total damage to Termix.
07 Enemy Warrior 4 25E/0N (warhammer). Moves adjacent to Fugen, drawing AtO from Termix. Termix misses with 7+mods. Enemy warrior 4 misses Fugen with a 1.
07 Enemy Warrior 5 30E/10S (lance). 7 pts from Fugen in round 3. Steps back and attacks with lance. Misses with a 5.
07 Enemy Warrior 6 40E/10S (battleaxe x), delays.
07 Enemy Warrior 7 10E/20S (lance) Moves and lances Fugen. Misses with a 3.
07 Enemy Warrior 6 40E/10S (battleaxe x), Moves into gap and handles animal. Fails with a 3.

  #73  
Unread 6th of December, 2006, 13:39
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
Flarrgj pants slightly as his companions shield him, but as he sees the wizard take a beating he lets out a roar of anger, obviusly decending into the fiery rage that you have seen before, and draws a small viel, chugs it, and his wounds activly heal.

((OOC: Rage, Quaff potion of cure moderate wounds))

Last edited by Exarzun; 6th of December, 2006 at 14:47.
  #74  
Unread 6th of December, 2006, 23:01
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.84 per day)
Linus yells out, "Termix, get out of there," as he draws his bow. He lets fly an arrow at the nearest enemy.
  #75  
Unread 7th of December, 2006, 00:30
trendel's Avatar
trendel
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1482
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 395 (0.09 per day)
"Let the Earth restore you!"

Gizerak lays his hands on Flaargj, the familiar swirl of dust coating his wounds to form a healing poultice, which quickly falls away to reveal fresh skin under dried blood.

OOC: Channel a Cure Moderate wounds on Flaargj.

Spells currently prepared:
0th: Detect Magic, Light, Mending, Read Magic, Resistance
1st: Bless, Doom, Obscuring Mist (Domain: Burning Hands)
2nd: Hold Person, Summon Monster II (Domain: Produce Flame)
__________________
Je porte mon fromage dans mon slip.

---It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.---
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 06:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren