Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > crueldespot's Games > Jiangu!

 
Thread Tools
  #76  
Unread 29th of May, 2007, 23:17
Boomlaor's Avatar
Boomlaor
Devourer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1478
Location: St. George, UT
Posts: 1,151 (0.26 per day)
Takeshi speaks, a look of shock appearing on his face, as if he can't believe he just heard himself utter the words,

"Well, I think there is one way to help. Er, San, throw me accross the tentacles!"

He prepares himself to open the door and scoot through it as soon as he lands.
  #77  
Unread 30th of May, 2007, 10:25
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
39: Ghosts or Smoke

Interlude 39: Ghosts or Smoke

"Don't do it, boys!" interjects Barnabus, "It'd be murder. Even if he could get through it before they grab him, there'll be just as many tentacles on the other side of the door! I admire your determination, druid, but I think we're stuck here....Unless maybe you've got a way to get through this wall, or make us into the form of ghosts or smoke or some such"
  #78  
Unread 30th of May, 2007, 15:16
Boomlaor's Avatar
Boomlaor
Devourer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1478
Location: St. George, UT
Posts: 1,151 (0.26 per day)
"Da-shiong bao-jah-shr duh la-doo-tze!" Takeshi curses under his breath. "Well, if we can be of no help up here, where can we help in the defense of the tower? Is there somewhere else we could go where we could get an idea of who or what is attacking?"
  #79  
Unread 30th of May, 2007, 20:21
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
40: Smashed into Pieces

Interlude 40: Smashed into Pieces

"That's a good point. We may as well be doing something. Let's check out the dungeon and the workshop."

They must burn the webs on another flight of stairs to descend from the third level to the second level and again to descend from the second level down to the dungeon. There is no sign of any trap being sprung on the dungeon door. Barnabus has the key to the dungeon and they know the trigger to bypass the trap. There is no indication of any intrusion.

One of the guards on duty was killed in the lounge. It appears that the main door into the tower from the courtyard was opened by a lockpicker. They exit into the courtyard to inspect the workshop. This is another door that Barnabus and the guards are unable to open and they know to be trapped. There is no outward sign that it has been molested.

It does not appear that the intruders entered through the gatehouse. Daisuke has not been bothered.

From the courtyard they can look up to see the body of the other guard lying on the battlements between the gatehouse and the workshop.

As they look around they notice a hole, ten feet in diameter, in the wall on the top level of the main tower. "They must have disintegrated their way in! There must have been more than one group." says Barnabus. "Come on. The spell of black tentacles should have expired by now."

They ascend the stairs again to the fourth level. The hallway is still filled with fog, but the tentacles have dissapeared. So have the bodies. There are several bloodstains, but the corpses have been removed. The door at the far end of the hall is smashed into pieces.
  #80  
Unread 31st of May, 2007, 00:26
Boomlaor's Avatar
Boomlaor
Devourer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1478
Location: St. George, UT
Posts: 1,151 (0.26 per day)
Happy that they were able to stop by the stable and pick up Daisuke, Takeshi mounts her bareback and rides alongside Barnabus and the guards back into the tower.

"GOLOCK AND THE EMPIRE!!!"

Takeshi shouts a battle cry and charges through the door, his flaming sword held high.
  #81  
Unread 1st of June, 2007, 13:11
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
41: Through the Door

Interlude 41: Through the Door

Barnabus and the guards follow Takeshi through the door.

Golockís chambers are unoccupied. The area is well-lit by everburning torches. The furniture is damaged by battle. blood is splashed on the walls and pooled on the floor. There is a breeze from the ten foot wide hole in the wall.

A scroll lies in the middle of the floor, tied with a colorful ribbon.
  #82  
Unread 4th of June, 2007, 00:04
Boomlaor's Avatar
Boomlaor
Devourer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1478
Location: St. George, UT
Posts: 1,151 (0.26 per day)
"I have only just met him, but Golock doesn't seem to me to be the type who blows large holes in his own walls and disappears into the night. Logic therefore dictates that someone else must have blown the hole in the wall and done something with the wizard."

turning to Barnabus, he continues,

"Does the wizard have any apprentices staying here? I suspect that this scroll will be a message to us. I would prefer, however, not to receive the message if it is an explosion of some sort. Could we send for a magic user to check the scroll for danger before reading it?"
  #83  
Unread 4th of June, 2007, 04:48
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
42: Someone Took a Chest

Interlude 42: Someone Took a Chest

Barnabus agrees. "His grandson Termix is a wizard. He's the leader of the henchmen. They are out on a mission but they should be back soon. I'm itching to find out what that scroll says, but I agree someone should inspect it first."

Barnabus looks around the damaged room. "See this dusty square at the foot of the bed? Looks like someone took a chest from here."

He is quiet for a little while and then says "I'll check on BiBei. Load Yi and Si on the cart. I'll take them to the temple in the morning. Then we'll get to work repairing this hole."
  #84  
Unread 5th of June, 2007, 00:11
Boomlaor's Avatar
Boomlaor
Devourer

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1478
Location: St. George, UT
Posts: 1,151 (0.26 per day)
"What was in the chest? That may give us some insight into who took it, and presumably, Golock."

After hearing the answer, Takeshi heads downstairs and checks each body for signs of life, and if there are any, uses his magic and his skills to try to heal the men. If there are none, he helps load the bodies respectfully onto the cart.
  #85  
Unread 5th of June, 2007, 07:29
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
Interlude 43: BiBei Cries

Interlude 43: BiBei Cries

Barnabus shrugs. "I've never been in this room before. I'm only guessing there was a chest here from the rectangle of dust at the foot of the bed.

Takeshi discovers that the two guards are both very dead. One was shot by multiple arrows. The other died from a precise dagger strike through the throat.

After the bodies are loaded in the cart, Barnabus sets off alone to drive the cart into town.

BiBei the maid cries frantically. Not only have two of her friends been killed, but probably her employer as well.
  #86  
Unread 6th of June, 2007, 12:29
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
The adventure continues HERE!
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 00:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren