Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > crueldespot's Games > Jiangu!

 
Thread Tools
  #76  
Unread 7th of April, 2006, 23:59
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.24 per day)
As much as the caution of the others makes sense, Fugen is still curious about the contents of the tower. Besides, it was still early enough in the day that if they backed out now they'd be in for a long wait for tomorrow.

Still, Termix's comments about the menagerie in the basement give Fugen pause so he turns his lantern upwards and examines the upper floors, or at least what he can see of them from where he is.

That inspection complete, Fugen allows Termix to usher himself and the others out of the tower. He did, after all, have the most experience with what dangers might be here and now that they knew that whatever trouble they were going to encounter from within the tower was not immediately apparent, they could at least take precautions for the marrow.

Once outside, Fugen goes over to check on their captives, in particular the hobgoblin. Gizerak's earlier healing spell was enough to save the hobgoblin's life, but he'd still been unconcious when Fugen, Linus, and Kierna had headed out to retrieve Linus' pony. The others hadn't even recieved that basic level of treatment, greatly lowering their chance of survival. Not that Fugen necessarily felt bad about that. They were just goblins and a bugbear who had been harrassing passing merchants, but if they survived, they might be able to answer some questions that their orders hadn't.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman

Last edited by Black Plauge; 8th of April, 2006 at 01:07.
  #77  
Unread 8th of April, 2006, 13:01
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
As they rest Flarrgj acompanies Fugen to the prisoners. He stands, brooding and dark over them for a minute then turns to him, asking;

"What we going to do with prisoners?" His voice is tinged with contempt for them, and what he thinks they should do is quite obveus.
  #78  
Unread 10th of April, 2006, 06:18
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.24 per day)
Back outside, Kierna climbs up onto the wall that gives her the best view of the trail that leads up to the tower. Once there she takes out her bow and nocks an arrow as she settles in to keep watch during the course of the day.

Unable to climb the ladder up to the wall, her badger remains below, contenting itself with exploring the tower grounds, scratching in the dirt here and there looking for food.

***

Unable to respond directly to Flarrgj's question since the big man neither reads nor understands sign language, Fugen gestures for one of the halfings to come over and then asks him to explain to Flarrgj that dead men are not very good sources of information.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #79  
Unread 10th of April, 2006, 09:33
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
Flarrgj nods, responding, talking unconciusly to the halfling who is translating, and not to the currier;

"If they were men. But you will be getting things from them forever. Ve have to do something vith them after your questioning."
  #80  
Unread 10th of April, 2006, 11:01
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
4:16 The Wounded Goblin Recovers

Jiangu! Chapter 4, Scene 4:16 The Wounded Goblin Recovers

Around noon the wounded goblin recovers from the blow Flarrgj inflicted with his fist. The goblin is covered in dried blood from his earlier wounds in the battle, and still looks barely capable of moving. He looks around curiously, surprised to still be alive.



OOC:
Goblin recovers nonlethal damage and returns to zero HP.
  #81  
Unread 11th of April, 2006, 05:04
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.87 per day)
Once the goblin awakes, Linus approaches it, gesturing for Flarggj to join him. In goblin, Linus asks the questions Fugen and he had discussed earlier in the day while waiting for one to awaken.

"What do you know about the tower?"
"Why are you here in this tower?"
"Who sent you here?"
"Where did you come from?"
"What do you have to do with the Zauchan clan?
  #82  
Unread 11th of April, 2006, 07:49
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.40 per day)
Termix can do nothing more than watch the interrogation unfold and rest. He does, however, play close attention to what is being said. Taking into account that its spoken in goblin, he doesn't ACTUALLY know what anyone says, but can interpret simple things from facial motions.
__________________
Minion of Doom
Owner of a Benicus Man-Card, an akiko kumquat, an Illusioned Anori Hilt Badge, a zachol iced green tea, and a Link Deku Leaf.
Situation: Normal
  #83  
Unread 11th of April, 2006, 09:52
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
4:17 The Wounded Goblin Answers

Jiangu! Chapter 4, Scene 4:17 The Wounded Goblin Answers

The goblin seems very compliant. Given his clearly helpless position, he is not defiant. He tries to get onto Linus' good side. His answers seem genuine.

What do you know about the tower?

"I know we aren't supposed to go inside the main tower. Zushath said there were fire creatures loose in there. He also said that some powerful wizard types would be coming to look through the place, and they didn't want us messing anything up. Zushath said that this place used to belong to a fire wizard, but he got tricked into summoning a fire demon who burned the place up."

Why are you here in this tower?

"Our army sent us here on orders. We were supposed to occupy the tower and keep anyone from travelling through the pass up into Merak Hoi."

Who sent you here?

"We are in the army of Qai'd Aikou. We were recruited a couple of months ago. A messenger from the Aikou came to my clan fort looking for volunteers for a new battalion that was being formed on the Shajaraat border. We drilled for over a month before the invasion started."

Where did you come from?

"We came here from Merak Hoi. That's where our battalion is now. It was easy taking that province over, but they had to get it all sorted out before crossing the mountains into Huoyanshan. You're not from there, are you? It's a real nice place, Merak Hoi. It is better off in Lord Aikou's domain."

The population of Merak Hoi is predominantly halfling, so it is not surprising that the goblin might think Linus is from there.

What do you have to do with the Zauchan clan?

"the hobgoblins in our battalion are mostly from that clan. Their clan is allied with Lord Aikou, so it sent some of its warriors for our new battalion. Corporals are supposed to be hardasses, and hobgoblins are real hardasses. The Zauchan clan are proud to be the most hardass of all."

"I've got no grudge against you for the ambush. All is fair in war. We were just doing our job as soldiers. No need to make it personal."

The story of the goblin is curious. The destruction of the imperial palace occured less than a month ago. Previously, it had seemed that Lord Aikou begain his conquests in response to the confusion after the destruction of the palace. If the goblin was recruited two months ago, that would mean that his campaign was instead somehow preplanned.



OOC
4,4:17 (1d20=17, 1d20=5, 1d20=17, 1d20=1, 1d20=17, 1d20=2, 1d20=7, 1d20=20, 1d20=5, 1d20=19)
Linus intimidate 17+mods, Flarrgj assist 5+mods. Linus sense motive 17+mods.
  #84  
Unread 11th of April, 2006, 10:53
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.24 per day)
Once Linus translates the goblin's answers, Fugen signs to him that he should get the goblin to elaborate on the time-line for when the "powerful wizards" were expected to inspect the tower and how far into Merak Hoi the goblin's battalion is stationed.

He's also interested in the news of Zauchan, but also a little disturbed by it. While technically it was no longer his home, and hadn't been since the day he took his oath of service with the Imperial Couriers, facts of law had little effect on sentiments of the heart. Especially sentiments from one's childhood. It had been quite some time since he'd been home to visit his family, but he didn't remember anything like this from that trip. Of course, his last visit had been before the fall of the emperor and this activity seemed to be treasonous. If what he was hearing was true, he'd have been the last one to know seeing as he was now an agent of the empire, family or not.

Signing again, Fugen asks Linus to ask the goblin about the alliance between Zauchan and Aikou.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #85  
Unread 12th of April, 2006, 02:44
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.87 per day)
Linus nods as Fugen passes on his questions and then turns to relay them to the goblin.

"When are those wizards supposed to arrive here? What is their purpose in coming here?"

"How far away is your army in Merak Hoi?"

"Tell me more about the alliance between Zauchan and Aikou."
  #86  
Unread 12th of April, 2006, 05:01
trendel's Avatar
trendel
Wight

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1482
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 395 (0.09 per day)
After clearing the courtyard of debris from the battle, Gizerak finds himself a place that he can prepare to pray for his diety's favor when dusk arrives. In the midst of this activity though, he overhears the discussion with the goblins.

"Merak Hoi! What has happened to the small folk of that beautiful province? Though you may be just a soldier, I would find myself hard pressed to give mercy should I hear that my family is possibly endangered."
__________________
Je porte mon fromage dans mon slip.

---It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.---
  #87  
Unread 12th of April, 2006, 07:36
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.40 per day)
Termix listens intently to the translation Linus relays to everyone. The only thing that worries him is the mention of a powerful wizards coming here.

How close are they? They could get to us at any second, really.

At the mention of a "demon", Termix is utterly scared, and it shows.
Demon?! No......No. Master Mikon was too smart to be tricked....or.....was he?..........
__________________
Minion of Doom
Owner of a Benicus Man-Card, an akiko kumquat, an Illusioned Anori Hilt Badge, a zachol iced green tea, and a Link Deku Leaf.
Situation: Normal
  #88  
Unread 12th of April, 2006, 07:41
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
Flarrgj stands tall and as intimidating as he can in the backround, but utterly silent. His face is a mask of emotionless silence, but he frowns at its final words.
  #89  
Unread 12th of April, 2006, 10:12
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
4:18 More Answers

Jiangu! Chapter 4, Scene 4:18 More Answers

When are those wizards supposed to arrive here? What is their purpose in coming here?

"Beats me. We expected to be relieved already by now. We were starting to get worried. Our battalion was waiting for another unit from the main army to reinforce it before the invasion of this province. The main army must have run into some sort of delay in Fenzheng or Anmi."

"Zushath didn't say why the wizard or wizards or whoever was coming. He was just worried about leaving the tower locked up so 'nothing is disturbed' whatever that means."

How far away is your army in Merak Hoi?

"We occupied the capital, which is about ten miles from here."

Tell me more about the alliance between Zauchan and Aikou.

The goblin shrugs. "I don't know. But that's what they said- the corporals I mean. Zushath wasn't from that clan."

In response to Gizerak's question about Merak Hoi, the goblin smiles. "We didn't do too much damage. One good thing about conquering a halfling province is that the females are all goblin size! I mean that as a compliment. Your halfling girls are a good time. No wonder you are so jolly. And the halfling beer is good, too. I was mad that we had to leave and come here."

Last edited by crueldespot; 13th of April, 2006 at 10:50.
  #90  
Unread 13th of April, 2006, 01:15
Mercutio's Avatar
Mercutio
Grave Digger [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1485
Location: Ocean City, NJ
Posts: 8,215 (1.87 per day)
Linus, who doesn't get upset at much, decks the goblin as hard as he can when he hears of the goblins raping his halfling kin.
  #91  
Unread 14th of April, 2006, 08:04
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
With a satisfying CRACK!, Linus knocks the goblin unconscious again.



OOC:
2hp nonlethal damage.
  #92  
Unread 15th of April, 2006, 10:44
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
Flarrgj furrows his brow, scoffs at nothing and general and looks to the others for what to do, then, after a second, to fugen.

"You have any other questions, will have to wait some more time."
  #93  
Unread 16th of April, 2006, 22:54
Black Plauge's Avatar
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Member: #192
Location: Old Town, ME
Posts: 6,801 (1.24 per day)
Fugen is shocked by Linus's violent reaction to what ever it is the goblin said, but when the gist of it is translated for him, he nods in understanding at the action.

Signing in response to Flarrgj's comment, Fugen indicates that he has no more questions for the goblin. He doesn't seem to know what Fugen is interested in anyway. Any further questions will have to wait for the hobgoblin corpral to revive.
__________________
Physics is like sex. Sometimes it yields practical results, but that's not why we do it.
-Richard Feynman
  #94  
Unread 17th of April, 2006, 03:41
generaljimX's Avatar
generaljimX
The Black [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1504
Location: Indiana, US
Posts: 1,737 (0.40 per day)
Not knowing where these wizards are, or if they are even coming, Termix is wary of staying longer than nessecary. He does, however, see the need for him and Gizerak to rest; neither of them is very good without spells.

Lets just do what we have to, then get out of here......
__________________
Minion of Doom
Owner of a Benicus Man-Card, an akiko kumquat, an Illusioned Anori Hilt Badge, a zachol iced green tea, and a Link Deku Leaf.
Situation: Normal
  #95  
Unread 18th of April, 2006, 12:20
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
4:19 The Next Morning

Jiangu! Chapter 4, Scene 4:19 The Next Morning

The goblin eventually recovers consciousness, but stays quiet and still, seeking to avoid notice.

In the afternoon it begins to rain, and the rain continues through the night. They take refuge in the old workshop, where the goblinoid leaders were billeted. It leaks in only a few places which they are able to avoid. This is the first night they have spent “roughing it” on this quest, but they have a dry shelter and the weather is warm, so they are able to sleep comfortably.

Gizerak exhausts the last of his daily prayers to heal Flarrgj and Kierna. This healing and a good night’s sleep allow the heroes to awake refreshed the next morning. The long rain has washed away the bloodstains of the previous day’s battle. The sky is clear, and the stones of the courtyard are already starting to dry.



OOC
Current HP status
Fugen =16
Flarrgj =31/35
Gizerak =14/16
Kierna =19/24
Linus =7/9
Termix =10/14
  #96  
Unread 18th of April, 2006, 22:35
Exarzun
Spectre

User is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member: #1494
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 721 (0.16 per day)
For the rest of the night Flarrgj is quiet, though that is nothing new, but he is slightly more brooding then usual. However, he seems back to normal by the next morning. He sleeps throuogh the night with no aperant trouble, not bothered by the days work.
  #97  
Unread 19th of April, 2006, 12:02
crueldespot's Avatar
crueldespot
Crimson Death [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Member: #136
Location: Louisville
Posts: 1,295 (0.23 per day)
Thus concludes scene 4. The story continues in scene 5, HERE
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 08:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren