Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Gralhruk's Games > The Grey Apparel of Ghosts > The Inn at the Edge of the World

Unread 19th of October, 2012, 05:36
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

Member: #13
Hi everyone, I feel like crap for doing this but I am going to shut this game down.

I have a number of reasons but at the end of the day what it amounts to is that I cannot seem to deliver what I want in this game. I blame myself for simply not having enough time at home to really do the sort of planning and prep work that GMing requires. My intent was to wing it as much as possible so as to avoid the bulk of that work, but that seems to have left things too chaotic to provide decent motivation - which is, again, completely my fault.

At any rate, I feel like at this point I'm just sucking up your time and creativity when you could be better spending those things on other projects. I thank you all for the effort you have put in trying to make this work and I am sorry for wasting your time, truly.
Unread 20th of October, 2012, 07:21
BigRedRod
A One-Winged Angel [Epic Admin]

Member: #17
These things happen. Just be aware it's another black mark against you on the big slate board I have engraved everybody from the internet's name on.
Unread 22nd of October, 2012, 03:53
Black Plauge
PhD in Physics [Epic GM]

Member: #192
I'm holding you reliable for wasting my time.

Or at least I will when I have enough time to waste.
Unread 22nd of October, 2012, 22:58
Gralhruk
Ghost of ORP Past [Epic Admin]

Member: #13
Yes, reliably wasting time lo these many years .
Unread 22nd of October, 2012, 23:52
Tashalar
Ghastly Thread Necromancer [Epic GM]

Member: #1799
I'm sad this game doesn't have a future (at this point), but I understand why you decided to fold, Gral. I don't believe you need to 'blame' yourself for it though. While the GM is definitely needed for the game to run (heh), the players can (and I believe need to) contribute their share to make the game fun and lasting. I don't think we as players have done well altogether - I haven't seen most of the players around for quite a while. Remember that you aimed for a rather fast-paced game with somewhere around 2-3 posts a week at least (unless I remember it falsely)? Obviously there are reasons why players don't post or why you weren't able to work on the game enough outside of work to make it work. Anyhow, we started together and we failed to get this game going together. Now let's see how and when we can start something new.