Online-Roleplaying.community

Go Back   Online-Roleplaying.community > Church's Games > Masquerade

Reply
Thread Tools
  #101  
Unread 10th of May, 2013, 23:02
InThisMoment's Avatar
InThisMoment
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Member: #10481
Location: Bristol, UK.
Posts: 179 (0.09 per day)
Leaving Cole’s question lingering unanswered in the air, her swirling emotions faded as her eyes glazed over and she looked into the middle distance. Her head was cocked and she nodded rapidly as if listening to a very different conversation to the one going on in the room between the two kindred. She reached into her pocket and pulled out a pen, writing two words with careful precision on the back of her palm.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Unread 28th of May, 2013, 21:09
Church's Avatar
Church
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Member: #10480
Location: Albion (Great Britain)
Posts: 729 (0.35 per day)
The Nosferatu nodded, eyeing the Malkavian with interest before he turned to answer Gabriel. His bony fingers worked at a patch of rotting, flaky skin on the back of his hand, peeling it away in irregular clumps; he didn't seem to notice.

"I've got a few theories, but I'm not going to start pointing fingers without solid proof," Cole said. "I saw a Kindred leaving this very house before your Sheriff came strolling in. I didn't know at the time that Derek Wilson was upstairs, lost in the throes of a frenzy with the remains of the oh-so-beloved Sebastian Powell - I was too busy tailing the vampire you two kids are so keen to find."

Taking a step towards the house's front window, Cole pointed, gesturing to something out of view some ways down the street. "There's a manhole down the street and around the corner, leads to a series of tunnels that will take you far away from this area of town. Your killer, whoever it was, took those tunnels - but the fucker's fast: he, or she, managed to get away pretty damn quick.

"But there's only so many places the killer could have gone to."
Cole smirked, and pocketed his spider-like hands. "Those tunnels lead to a few places, but most we can safely assume weren't visited - the one that leads to Griffith Park, for instance. Two in particular spring to mind: the first is an old bowling alley close to the Port, pretty ill-maintained and run down, but secluded.

"The other option is that the killer went to the rail yard."
At that, Cole fell silent, and the other two Kindred understood why: of the few attacks that have been made on the Camarilla by the Sabbat in the past few years, sixty percent of them were said to have happened in or around those yards. Whether or not the rumours were true, the area was undeniably dangerous.
__________________
"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life."
- Private Leonard L. Church, RedvsBlue
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Unread 29th of May, 2013, 20:12
Darius's Avatar
Darius
The Phantom Poster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1110
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,490 (0.70 per day)
Gabriel frowned. Taking on an armed camp was not part of the deal. "Is there anything else you can tell us about the bowling alley?" he asked the Nos. Mentally, he was constructing a map in his head, determining if there was enough time left in the night to get to the alley, check it out, and race the sun home. Already, he had determined to check that out first, as it posed the least visible risk.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Unread 30th of May, 2013, 21:51
Church's Avatar
Church
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Member: #10480
Location: Albion (Great Britain)
Posts: 729 (0.35 per day)
The Nosferatu nodded, his dark eyes flashing towards the window as though he were readying himself for the moment when someone would approach the house. Paranoia suited the Sewer Rat well.

"Yeah. The place is unclaimed as far as territories go - Delacroix hasn't bothered to give the shit-hole to anyone yet as a token of his favour - but Kindred occasionally venture down that way: the place shuts up pretty late, and has a license to sell alcohol, so it's easy enough to find a drunken, weary straggler to drink from when the pickings are slim elsewhere.

"Now if you've got any other questions, ask them: it's getting late, and I still haven't eaten."
__________________
"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life."
- Private Leonard L. Church, RedvsBlue
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Unread 31st of May, 2013, 03:49
InThisMoment's Avatar
InThisMoment
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Member: #10481
Location: Bristol, UK.
Posts: 179 (0.09 per day)
"I understand, I understand." She said brusquely, line of gaze travelling from the middle distance until she had practically turned around in her chair and was looking behind her. "Well thank you for visiting, give my love to the children, tell them Auntie Bella will see them soon." She indicated towards the door with her hand, and then shook her head mournfully. "I always forget you know the way out, even after I cut out your eyes. Your so good."

She settled back to a seated position and smiled warmly at the two Kindred who remained in the room. "Did you get a good look at them Coal? Anything besides their retreating backside, that is."
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Unread 7th of June, 2013, 19:33
Church's Avatar
Church
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Member: #10480
Location: Albion (Great Britain)
Posts: 729 (0.35 per day)
The apparition, seen only by the Malkavian, was a silent one. Cole searched for it with growing curiosity, and a minor case of nerves, but emitted no words beyond a grunt of bemusement - or annoyance.

"You mean the Kindred who frequent that place? Yeah, I've seen a few - mostly neonates, like yourselves." He paused, his restlessness growing as the darkness in the room ebbed - almost imperceptible to the naked eye - and then added harshly, "So, last chance for questions, and then you're on your own."
__________________
"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life."
- Private Leonard L. Church, RedvsBlue
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Unread 11th of June, 2013, 20:07
Darius's Avatar
Darius
The Phantom Poster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1110
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,490 (0.70 per day)
Gabriel shook his head, then looked to his companion. "I don't have any other questions at this time. If we did, later, how can we reach you?"
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Unread 13th of June, 2013, 19:52
Church's Avatar
Church
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Member: #10480
Location: Albion (Great Britain)
Posts: 729 (0.35 per day)
The Nosferatu considered both Kindred, not just Isabella, when he gave her his answer. "Didn't see the Kindred's face, but he had shoulder length hair, probably brown or some other dark colour; clothes were nondescript, but practical. That's about all I got before he got ahead of me.

"As for how to contact me..."
Cole gave pause, and began patting his jacket down. After a moment of searching, he pulled out a grubby, ripped notepad, and - in contrast - a clean, well-maintained pen, which he applied to the paper and began to scribble. When done, he handed a mobile number over to Gabriel. "Don't call it unless you need to. Doesn't take much to get a number changed, you understand."
__________________
"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life."
- Private Leonard L. Church, RedvsBlue
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Unread 13th of June, 2013, 20:16
Darius's Avatar
Darius
The Phantom Poster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1110
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,490 (0.70 per day)
Gabriel took the card, gave a small bow to Cole. "Thank you, Cole," he said. "That's not a lot to go on, but it is something. Ize?" he asked, extending his arm. "Ready to go?"
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Unread 16th of June, 2013, 03:01
InThisMoment's Avatar
InThisMoment
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Member: #10481
Location: Bristol, UK.
Posts: 179 (0.09 per day)
Her eyes glistened and stored the Nosferatu's description to memory. "Indeed, another piece to fit this gruesome jigsaw." She nodded and raised from her chair, moving towards Gabriel. "Arrivederci, osservatore."
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Unread 26th of June, 2013, 22:05
Church's Avatar
Church
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Member: #10480
Location: Albion (Great Britain)
Posts: 729 (0.35 per day)
The Kindred fled from the scene of the crime in the wake of Cole's departure, which he performed in complete silence and with expert efficiency. The night's dwindling hours meant that the pull of slumber was more keenly felt by both predators, but they kept a calm pacing, ensuring that no-one had any reason to give them a second glance.

Gabriel's vehicle stole them swiftly away, rolling down the near vacant streets of LA towards the 24/7 shop that sat nestled beneath Isabella's haven. Bernice, the formidable shop owner, peered out of the window as Gabriel's car rolled to a halt; her wrinkled face bore an expression of distaste, but lessened very slightly upon sighting Isabella. The vampire stepped towards the shop, and the stairway leading up to her apartment; she ignored, by experience, the defensive, disgruntled yapping of the old woman's arrogant pug dog.

The Toreador watched his fellow coterie member ascend the stairs and slip from view before he pressed down on the gas pedal and took off. He noticed, but ignored, the dark look that Bernice bestowed upon him as he went, and turned his car about, headed back towards the suburbs, and his safe, sun-proofed basement.

----------------

Time passed. Day turned to night, and the predators returning to their dealings and their hunts and to other, darker matters. Having agreed to resume their investigations in three nights time, the coterie did not meet again immediately, but instead busied themselves with other, more personal matters.

Gabriel, for his part, returned to the gym to which he had taken a vetted interest. The night manager was met at the main desk, and he looked up at the vampire's approach. The two men spoke at length, at first about information related to joining the gym, and then about subjects a little more personal. The seduction had begun, and begun well.

When she wasn't being plagued by nightmares, Isabella kept to herself, hunting and inscribing her wild musings as she desired. On the third night, when she returned to her haven, Bernice waved her into the shop and tossed a sealed envelope towards her. She muttered something about not being Isabella's personal mail person, and then returned to stocking the shelves.

The Malkavian peeled open the envelope, and poured over the short message that lay within, penned in some of the most handsome of handwriting she'd ever seen. When she was satisfied, she pocketed the note and returned to her haven to rest for the morning.

----------------

When the time came for the coterie to resume their investigation, the Kindred gathered at their predetermined location, each one sated from a recent hunt and ready to continue on toward the bowling alley.

Isabella was the first to arrive. She settled herself out of the way, her bright eyes keenly surveying and regarding the environment, and the people who passed her by. More than once she received curious glances from the perceptive, but none were brave enough - or foolish enough - to investigate further.

A soft roar echoed down the street, announcing Gabriel's arrival. Isabella rose as the car halted nearby, but then stopped in her tracks upon spying the vehicle's passenger. She growled instinctively, her Beast warning her about the arrival of a Kindred she had never met before. This vampire, a hulking figure of muscle, approached, his steps in-keeping with Gabriel's.

__________________
"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life."
- Private Leonard L. Church, RedvsBlue
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Unread 27th of June, 2013, 07:32
InThisMoment's Avatar
InThisMoment
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Member: #10481
Location: Bristol, UK.
Posts: 179 (0.09 per day)
“I may need to buy a Masarati. Or a horse.” Isabella mused out loud to herself. She walked barefoot across the pavement, her red court shoes were in her hand but she had felt the urge a few streets back to feel the concrete beneath her feet. Her misty grey chiffon dress blew about her thighs like an over familiar poltergeist and she wore her dark hair high on the back of her head. She hummed happily to herself and looked around for Gabriel when she neared the bowling-alley. He was nowhere to be seen. Was she late? Was she early? What night was it again? Masarati or horse? She leant with her shoulder against a nearby wall and rested her head against the cool stone, waiting. She observed the locale and the people going on their nocturnal errands. She wondered how many of them had been in contact with her kind, how many of them were aware of the battles going on in their very city. She met the gaze of a young woman who had past her and quickly looked away when she noticed Ize’s bare feet, sympathy written on her face. Ize couldn’t help chuckling a deep, earthy chuckle. Poor little fox hadn’t lived if she hadn’t kissed the earth with her soles.

A car parked near, the engine shut off and Ize turned as she heard not one, but two doors slamming closed. Gabriel was flanked by another Kindred. This Kindred was bred for violence, she’d seen his kind before. She had been his kind. Stronger than civility, stronger than the logic that Gabriel would not betray her and even stronger than the trappings of her psyche was the sense of kill or be killed as the Beast ripped through and became a living, breathing monster inside of her. She froze and was silent. There was a sharp “click” as a pearl-handled revolver slipped quickly into her hand and was cocked a moment later, she leveled it before her.

“Father uses a mute expert, though the dark question collates the snow?” She addressed neither of the two in particular and remained deadly still.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Unread 27th of June, 2013, 10:25
Darius's Avatar
Darius
The Phantom Poster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1110
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,490 (0.70 per day)
"Hello, Isabella," Gabriel said, making sure that his hands were where she could see them. He wasn't over worried about the gun. It would sting some, but that wasn't the point. The inconvenience of it would bother him.

"This is a friend, goes by the name of Gator. I figured we might want a little bit of extra muscle. You can put the gun away, okay?"

He half shrugged at his companion. "Don't take it personally, okay? She is always a bit nervous around new faces."
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Unread 27th of June, 2013, 13:14
HeadHunter's Avatar
HeadHunter
Ghoul [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7841
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 115 (0.04 per day)


Allan met the barrel and the Goth-esque woman's stare with a stoic and icy gaze of a grizzled veteran. His dark eyes unwavering at the apparent threat. He almost laughed on the inside. Los Angeles was known as a "gangsta's paradise" and New York was no different. This certainly wasn't the first time a gun, let alone a mere pistol, was pointed at his large frame. The numerous gang affiliations jumbled about in his head as the Degenerate used his couth to persuade the female to lower her weapon. As Gabriel turned and addressed him, Gator grinned.

" Not at all. Los Angeles isn't exactly known for its friendly populace. "

He then turned to address the female, following Gabriel's action and holding his arms out for her to see. His Leather Jacket and Athletic Pants barely holding back his musculature.

" As Gabriel mentioned I'm known as Gator. Many people forget the Gator has been around since the dawn of time. Its an apex predator and while it appears slow and docile, it simply waits..... striking in a quick violent flurry in which its victim is caught completely unaware. Once a Gator has you..... there's no breaking its grip. See what a Gator does is takes you down to the bottom and starts rolling you over and over until you stop fighting. Then he'll take you to a ledge or rock, jam you in there, and let you tenderize a bit. "

He grins and continues on....

" I'm here to help Gabriel and you out in your little expedition. Gabriel thought I might be worth bringing along for the same reasons I assume you have that pistol pointed in my direction. I assure you.... I mean you no harm. "
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Unread 28th of June, 2013, 08:31
InThisMoment's Avatar
InThisMoment
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Member: #10481
Location: Bristol, UK.
Posts: 179 (0.09 per day)
Her taut trigger arm twitched slightly as Gabriel mentioned that Gator was a friend. A friend of Gabriel’s that she’d never seen, never heard him talk about… Was he lying to her? This was not the sort of Kindred to be brushing shoulders with the Harpies and the crooners in Elysium, where did Gabriel find a creature such as this? Isabella’s thoughts were racing, conflicting, merging. She wished she could just close her eyes and let her brain auto-pilot and do the work for her. Sometimes it became too much, too much of everything. Gabriel wanted her to put the gun away.

She looked around the pearly barrel of the gun and gazed at Gator. In comparison to Gabriel, a sturdy figure in his own right this man towered. Almost ridiculously so. He looked like a normal sized man who had had the misfortune to have had a bomb set off inside of him, swelling each individual muscle and tendon to painful proportions. He definitely wasn’t shy about his physique; Isabella smiled as she noted his clothing. She met his eyes as he spoke about the hunting skills of his namesake and wondered how many times he had spoken this monologue, it was certainly a memorable introduction. “…I mean you no harm.” She recognised the earnestness in his voice immediately and glanced at Gabriel before lowering the gun and holding it loosely at her side. His honesty was persuasive, besides sometimes surrender meant giving up trying to understand and becoming comfortable with not knowing, and there was alot she didn't know about this one.

With their palms facing upwards the two Kindred looked like they were atoning for their sins. Why were they both looking at her like some gun-wielding maniac? She then remembered that in fact, she was holding a gun and was acting a little like a maniac. She sat herself on the ground, knees drawn up and slipped her shoes back on.

“Alligators are cannibals. The bigger ones eat the little ones until there’s nothing left but the fighters, gritting their teeth and grinding themselves into the dirt.” She looked up at him with curious brown eyes.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Unread 28th of June, 2013, 11:49
Darius's Avatar
Darius
The Phantom Poster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1110
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,490 (0.70 per day)
Gabriel would have breathed a sigh of relief, if he still had breath in his lungs. As it was, he slowly lowered his hands.

"I know Gator from the gym. You know, the one that I keep inviting you to, and you keep blowing me off?" he said. "Look, I'm sorry I didn't mention him earlier. I should have called ahead and told you that he was coming. Can you forgive me?"

As he spoke, the Toreador slowly stepped closer, his body positioned slightly to one side so as to make himself a smaller target in case Ize's wires crossed in a potentially fatally way.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Unread 29th of June, 2013, 08:18
InThisMoment's Avatar
InThisMoment
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Member: #10481
Location: Bristol, UK.
Posts: 179 (0.09 per day)
Slipping on her last shoe and getting to her feet Ize nibbled her bottom lip thoughtfully. The Gym? That made more sense than the Elysium. She knew that Gabriel had set out requests for his fencing, perhaps he had cast out his line and alongside the scrap metal and debris had discovered… This interesting specimen.

Her doubts soothed somewhat she looked at Gabriel. He was still approaching her the way that one would approach an unpredictable beast with rabies. She couldn’t blame him, she’d raised a gun and could have hurt one of her closest companions, she’d deserved this. The tendency to distrust others was cast so deeply into her bones that she doubted it would dislodge now, no matter how much she scrubbed. An image flashed into her mind, her ankles tied to a chair with blood trickling between her toes.

“No more teddy bears to the picnic, yes?” She requested plaintively, almost a pleading quality to her voice as she nervously looked between the two. She couldn’t bring herself to say that she forgave Gabriel, doing so would imply he was in the wrong, which he wasn’t he was just trying to do what was best for them both, for the task at hand.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Unread 29th of June, 2013, 08:37
HeadHunter's Avatar
HeadHunter
Ghoul [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7841
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 115 (0.04 per day)
Gator watches as the female looked at the weapon and then back at him. She took a moment to glance over at Gabriel and finally lowered her weapon. She then sat down and began to put on a pair a shoes. Her dark eyes peered up at him as she began to speak.

“Alligators are cannibals. The bigger ones eat the little ones until there’s nothing left but the fighters, gritting their teeth and grinding themselves into the dirt.”

Allan grinned at her once more. She was quick... he would give her that.

" No more then any other species. Does a Lion not eat its own young? There are even field mice that show signs of cannibalism. Its the purest and truest form of survival. The old adage of only the strongest survive. With Gators.... its no more then simple population control. Making sure one's resources are not exhausted. Not unlike ourselves in fact. Young gators are more like us then you know. While they must fear death from their elders, there are many more dangers they must endure to insure their survival. They learn to adapt quickly and do what they must to survive. "

Allan then surveys the area as Gabriel makes small talk with the woman.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Unread 29th of June, 2013, 09:46
InThisMoment's Avatar
InThisMoment
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Member: #10481
Location: Bristol, UK.
Posts: 179 (0.09 per day)
She cocked an eyebrow at the Ethology lecture, he definitely wasn’t all mindless brawn and shiny leather, although he had missed her meaning.

“I just don’t want you to eat us.” The words came out before she could stop them, she thought that they would remain in her head but yet again her head had failed her. She placed her hands on her stomach in a protective gesture and laughed a tinkling laugh that was half lost into the night. She turned to the side and whispered to herself, nodding as she did. Eventually she turned back to the new Kindred and made her attempt at belated civility. “Ize. Thank you for joining us.”
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Unread 29th of June, 2013, 11:28
HeadHunter's Avatar
HeadHunter
Ghoul [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7841
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 115 (0.04 per day)
Gator smiled at the woman as she made her remark.

“I just don’t want you to eat us.”

He could see the thoughts rumbling about in her mind. He became a little more relaxed as she laughed in response and introduced herself.

“Ize. Thank you for joining us.”

Gator laughed and replied.

" Don't worry.... I don't much like the taste of carrion.

Its a pleasure to work with you and Gabriel. My given name is Allan. "

As he finished, Allan held out his hand.
Reply With Quote
  #121  
Unread 30th of June, 2013, 03:36
InThisMoment's Avatar
InThisMoment
Ghoul

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Member: #10481
Location: Bristol, UK.
Posts: 179 (0.09 per day)
It wasn’t so much that she flinched when Gator raised his hand, it was that she suddenly grew still. Her body froze as her gaze darted from his hand to his face. She’d never been good with physical contact, unless it involved draining the life out of someone or battering an enemy. Interpersonal contact with strangers had always… Disturbed her. As if by willing yourself to touch, or be touched you were opening yourself up to all other means of invasion. She came closer to him and inclined her head, she doubted he would think it that rude considering just mere moments ago she had leveled a firearm his way. She turned to Gabriel. “You’ve filled him in I presume il mio angelo?”
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Unread 1st of July, 2013, 20:34
Darius's Avatar
Darius
The Phantom Poster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1110
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,490 (0.70 per day)
"He knows enough, Ize." Gabriel replied. His entire posture relaxed, becoming slightly more at ease. "And he knows its dangerous. I'm glad that you brought the gun."

He cast a glance back at Gator. "I think the backdoor might be the best option. See if we can't get in that way. Other than that..." the Toreador shrugged. "I must admit, breaking and entering is not what I would usually consider part of my skillset."
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Unread 4th of July, 2013, 12:00
HeadHunter's Avatar
HeadHunter
Ghoul [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Member: #7841
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 115 (0.04 per day)
Noticing the woman's hesistance, Gator simply nods his head in return and moves his hand away.

As Gabriel looks to Allan and speaks, Allan looks around to assess the area. When he's done he looks to Gabriel and Ize.

" The normal entry points. Windows, Fire Exits, the doors..... "

He looks and points up.

" The rusty, old, fire escape. I would say the backdoor her seems like the best entry point, but if you two have any other ideas now's the time to speak up. "
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Unread 4th of July, 2013, 20:11
Church's Avatar
Church
Spectre [GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Member: #10480
Location: Albion (Great Britain)
Posts: 729 (0.35 per day)
The Brujah pointed out the various entry points that had come to his attention during his quick appraisal. Whilst none were particularly subtle, all would get them inside with speed, and steal them away from the sight of any passersby.

With passing of midnight, the bowling alley had emptied almost entirely, and the manager was busying himself with the last few tasks required to close the building down for the night. His movements lethargic and weary, the process took longer than it perhaps should have. When he was done, the manager pocketed the keys, climbed into his small car, and rolled away from the establishment, leaving it almost completely isolated in the shadows of the Port.

Gabriel, about to proceed from their secluded meeting point, was stopped by Isabella, who pointed towards a forlorn-looking doorway across the street. The predators paused for a moment, waiting; only through concentrated effort did they spot the very subtle movements of a figure - a young girl, perhaps a teenager. This girl was stood stock still, staring down the road in the direction of the alley, not moving.

The sound of movement: loud shuffling and a wet belch. A man in his early thirties, drunk and chuckling to himself about something nonsensical, was wandering down the sidewalk and away from the bowling alley (in which he had most likely been drinking until its closure). He halted, dry-heaved, wiped his mouth and then pressed on, still laughing.

A flash of movement. The young girl stepped out of the shadows as the man passed and wrapped her hands about his neck, hauling him into the shadows of the nearest alleyway. He yelped, but further noises were silenced as the girl tightened her grip about his throat. The shadows enveloped them both, but failed to muffled the near-silent hiss of a Kindred preparing to feed.

The coterie looked back at one another. Gabriel and Isabella remembered that Cole had said this area was used as hunting grounds by local Kindred - it should not be surprising that others would be lurking nearby.

__________________
"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life."
- Private Leonard L. Church, RedvsBlue
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Unread 8th of July, 2013, 09:58
Darius's Avatar
Darius
The Phantom Poster [Epic GM]

User is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member: #1110
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,490 (0.70 per day)
Gabriel noted the feeding Kindred. It wasn't one that he recognized, but that didn't mean too much. It did mean that they'd have to be somewhat circumspect in their investigation, more so than if the place had been abandoned all together.

"In through the back then?" he suggested.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 14:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren